No replies to this topic

#1 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:35 PM

Hi, this post was under the section for questions for Erin, and I wasn't sure it would get noticed there, so I copied it here. I thought it may strike a chord with some of you!

[quote/]I hope I'm not on the wrong posting board or subject. I just started cymbalta. My doctor gave me a weeks supply of 30mg to be followed by 2 weeks of 60 mg. He then wrote a prescription for ongoing doses of 60 mg daily. Curiosity lead me to research the web to find out what the opinions were of others on cymbalta and I read a lot of praise as to what a great help it is to soo many people. However, after continuing, I accidentally found this chat board and boy am I ever scared now ! I've been on it for only 4 days now but I threw up the first day and have had nausea for the last 3 days. I'm inclined to stop it right now based on what I'm hearing of all the pain and suffering going on when eventually trying to stop.
Do these withdrawal symptoms happen to most people or does anybody withdraw without complications? Any thoughts?[quote/]

Thanks in advance.

Well, as you would expect, you will likely NOT get much positive in the way of responses here.

Only you and your doctor can determine what is best for you. On the other hand, it is very important to get all of the information in advance. Had I known that what I would go through both while on Cymbalta, and trying to get off of it, I never would have taken it to begin with. My depression was mild to moderate, but I also have a chronic neurological condition, so it seemed a good choice to handle both depression and pain. One of the bad things about Cymbalta and even Effexor, is that they can work very well for a year or so, then slowly stop. By that I mean one day I noticed I felt dead to the world around me, and I was having some of the withdrawal symptoms while still on the medication. The dose was upped, I felt even more dead, but began to get severe headaches. Thus began this journey off of this stuff.

In hindsight, I would have done way more from a natural standpoint to try and manage my conditions, such as healthier eating, exersize, St. John's Wort, Omega 3. Also, if I were to use an anti today, it would be one that had been on the market a minimum of 5 years, with solid trials behind it, and a safe taper method outlined as to how to stop. There ARE safer antis out there, and in my humble opinion, if you are just into it for 4 days, and already feeling kind of poopy, I would RUN to your doctor on Monday, and have a very serious talk about trying something else.

Now, you may not be one that has any issues at all with it, I'm sure some don't, but why take the chance?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users