No replies to this topic

#1 Just Me

Just Me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    I have been taking Cymbalta for over three years. It was prescribed for depression assoicated with my husband's terminal illness. He passed away a year ago, and I continue to take the pills. I don't know if I am depressed anymore...I feel numb. My sister recently told me that I seem different and not my normal self. I know this may be related to the Cymbalta. I am moving soon and want to be my old cheerful alert person when I am with my family.
    I am afraid of the withdrawal.

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:51 PM

I have been taking Cymbalta for almost 4 year and feel that I am ready to stop. My physician says I can stay on this drug forever, but I'm not sure about that. I currently take 60 mg and have been taking it every other day for a week. I don't seem to be having much trouble. I plan to do the every other day for at least a month. Then one every three days...and keep decreasing.

I am a little concerned that this may be the wrong time to go off this medication. I am in the process of moving across country, with my dog, and one cat...to live near my children. But I don't feel like my oldself. In fact, I really don't feel much at all. Oh I cry a lot, and worry about financial future and what the move will bring. But, would I feel any different without the Cymbalta?

I would greatly appreciate anyone's thoughts and comments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users