• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Teachme

Teachme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    I would like to get off Cymbalta and have heard about the side effects. The methods I have been using to reduce my dependence on them have created similar effects.

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:43 PM

I have been on 30 mg for about 3 years (was on Wellbutrin and Cymbalta previously, but got terrible mood swings when i tried to get off both. At that time the Dr. suggested I stay on the Cymbalta. If I knew then what I know now....

For the past week or two I have been self removing by taking one tablet every other day. Pretty much 1 on M-W-F and skipping all other days of the week. The major issue I seem to be having is inability to concentrate. Right now this does not seem that bad, but I am in my last week of school and may have to back track for a week or two in order to get through school successfully.

Question - Since this is somewhat tolerable, is it o.k. to go forward with this approach? If no, please give me a medical reason why not.

Thanks!!

#2 QueenTimely

QueenTimely

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationItaly, at present. Australia, usually. New York, originally!
  • why_joining:
    I am currently on Cymbalta after many years of other drugs including Zoloft, Wellbutrin and Effexor. I had a terrible experience coming off of Effexor that resulted only in my going back on, then changing to Cymbalta. I feel, at this point, that the drugs are causing as many problems as the initial depression did, and am looking at the possibility of coming off but am living this year in rural Italy and need some real support in considering this possibility and its consequences.

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:19 AM

I can't give you a medical reason why not. I can tell you that from my knowledge -- this is a short half-life drug -- AND MY EXPERIENCE, that approach doesn't work. At least it didn't work for me and hasn't work for anyone reporting on this board that they've tried it. Because the drug is out of our systems so fast, that approach just jerks our bodies and minds around. Really and truly, I recommend weaning gradually, and very slowly, down by reducing dosage. That's it. I used to be on 60mg, I'm now on 10mg and I'm fine. No brain zaps, no more diarrhea. Basically ok. God willing it stays this way as I proceed.

I have been on 30 mg for about 3 years (was on Wellbutrin and Cymbalta previously, but got terrible mood swings when i tried to get off both. At that time the Dr. suggested I stay on the Cymbalta. If I knew then what I know now....

For the past week or two I have been self removing by taking one tablet every other day. Pretty much 1 on M-W-F and skipping all other days of the week. The major issue I seem to be having is inability to concentrate. Right now this does not seem that bad, but I am in my last week of school and may have to back track for a week or two in order to get through school successfully.

Question - Since this is somewhat tolerable, is it o.k. to go forward with this approach? If no, please give me a medical reason why not.

Thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users