1 reply to this topic

#1 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:40 PM

At the risk of sounding paranoid, I want us all to be very careful when sharing home Email addresses, or other personal information here. I said this on another post as it relates to beginning a lawsuit, but it applies universally.

Erin set up this board for support, and the board offers many safeguards, such as the ability to send private messages or email through the security settings on the site. Please be sure that you use them if you want to contact someone privately. I am asst mgr on another support board, and these are things we tell our members there too. There are what we call "trolls" on the internet that search for people who are vulnerable and willing to share information that they would NEVER even share face to face with people.

While we are feeling withdrawal, it is easy to feel a kinship to others that can relate, and that is a very good thing, yet just be sure it is done within the safety of the site, and take advantage of the security settings that are here.

I don't mean to sound like such a "mom" but I want us all to be safe.

#2 lucy

lucy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:44 PM

I'M GLAD YOU POSTED THIS.
JUST THE OTHER DAY I BROUGHT UP THAT THERE SHOULD BE A PHONE # THAT WE SHOULD HAVE, AND WHAT YOU JUST SAID, MAKES A WHOLE LOT OF SENSE, THANK YOU!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users