• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 QueenTimely

QueenTimely

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationItaly, at present. Australia, usually. New York, originally!
  • why_joining:
    I am currently on Cymbalta after many years of other drugs including Zoloft, Wellbutrin and Effexor. I had a terrible experience coming off of Effexor that resulted only in my going back on, then changing to Cymbalta. I feel, at this point, that the drugs are causing as many problems as the initial depression did, and am looking at the possibility of coming off but am living this year in rural Italy and need some real support in considering this possibility and its consequences.

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:56 AM

Hi Debbie M. Stick around. I'm sure no one meant to not comment on your post. Sometimes posts get lost in the shuffle.

As for your situation, 30 balls for 8 days and stopping seems like a bit of a jump. I'm not in the medical field or anything, but to me, it seems to make more sense to remove a little more each day. I've been doing that am down to 5 beads. I'm going to stay on 5 beads for the next week or so to see if I experience any withdrawals and then from there, I'm going to go down to 4 for a week or so and so on. Obviously, this would not fit with your 13 day schedule, but I would definitely recommend removing beads everyday instead of going from 30 beads to 0 overnight.

Good luck.

#2 QueenTimely

QueenTimely

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am currently on Cymbalta after many years of other drugs including Zoloft, Wellbutrin and Effexor. I had a terrible experience coming off of Effexor that resulted only in my going back on, then changing to Cymbalta. I feel, at this point, that the drugs are causing as many problems as the initial depression did, and am looking at the possibility of coming off but am living this year in rural Italy and need some real support in considering this possibility and its consequences.

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:59 AM

Please reduce instead of stopping overnight. You've come so far. Why cause yourself more distress at this point?

I'm sorry for the delay in the board's responses. I, for one, have recently found all my messages had begun going into my junk mail, and I don't have the concentration/ attention/ memory/ organisation to check the board online every day. I need the messages to come to my email. But now they are again and I've found your message. Please don't be bitter. We're all in this together, and, as you've pointed out, all struggling ourselves. At least I am. Bigtime. And in a country where I hardly speak the language. All the best.

I have 13 capsules left. That is all I'll be taking. Now I need advise on how to wean to the end in 13 capsels.

My original plan was to take them as follows but you may have a better suggestion.

I have weaned down 10 mg at a time. I've only eyeballed my reductions and never counted balls until today. My estmated 10 mg (which I have taken for a week and have 5 left) have 70 balls in them. I counted 3 caps and all have about 70. So I think they are all about that. The plan was to then go to 5 mg. I counted a couple caps that I have labeled 5 mg and there are 30 in those. There are 8 of those. Then that is all the capsels left. I did this all one day months ago all at the same time and labeled the baggies. Each time I stayed on the lowed dose for about two weeks. Each new dose brought me a couple days of zaps and dizziness, crabbies, you know.
My question is do you think in these last 13 caps I will be ok to go from
70 balls for 5 days
Then 30 balls for 8 days then stop.

What do you suggest? I AM stopping in 13 days. Should I take out balls to step down every single day instead? So on the last day there will be like only a couple balls?
Or stick to the plan above.
I almost want to just stop. I'm sick of being sick.

Help me.

Debbie M.

#3 River Gal

River Gal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • why_joining:
    After one year on cymbalta at 60 mg, I want to try to wean off again (after trying before and "failing.") The first wean, I was put on 30 mg for two weeks, and then told to stop. It was horrible. The withdrawl was evil. After withdrawls ended, after another month, I relapsed again (panicky, nervous), and was put back on Cymbalta again. I have been on it for over a year now, and was told by my Psych I have to be on drugs forever since I "failed twice". I don't buy it. I am going to see a new doctor and want to talk about weaning very s l o w l y, plus practice a depression-fighting diet, vitamins, etc. etc. I'm not sure if I can do this alone - I guess this is why I'm here. Looking for people with similar experiences who can relate, who UNDERSTAND Cymbalta withdrawl, and who have been through it before.

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:48 PM

I've personally been having great success by removing a 3 or 4 beads every 3 days or so. I'd suggest you refill the prescription and wean down from this low dose.

I've been making a point to get outside and get some vigorous exercise daily. Get sunshine on your head! Take a vitamin D. Eat healthy. Do something fun.

By doing these things, I've been staying afloat. Good luck to you!

#4 QueenTimely

QueenTimely

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:04 AM

You're sounding good. You really are. I think you took a good step for yourself. I think you should assume that the grains are equal to the 30s and proceed to reduce. As Maureen has pointed out to me, Cymbalta works so fast that no reduction is irreversible. Why not try reducing by 10% a week? Or even, as someone else reported doing, a few balls every few days? I don't know and the problem is that nobody does. But you have medication to play with here and if you reduce by too much, increase a bit and slow down. It isn't a race, and, I think, the only goal is to feel better, so if you reduce too much and feel crap, what's the good in that? When I feel crap, I can't make good decisions about what to do in the next five minutes much less what to do about my mental health, so it's not worth it.
As far as your angry feelings are concerned, I'm right there with you. I'll share about that in my separate post later. But I snap at my husband, at my daughter, hate myself, the works. And I never know if it's depression/ anxiety that was never covered by the C, depression/ anxiety revealed by the reduction, depression/ anxiety caused by the reduction, my basic personality or what. But what I know is: my first job right now is to take care of myself, so I"m going off to meditate after this. All the best.

I called the doc today and requested 20 mg script.
I should have that in a couple days.
I wonder if the grains will be equal to the grains in the 30's I had before?

#5 QueenTimely

QueenTimely

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:15 AM

Hello everyone. I am sooo much better. I filled my 20 mg script and sat down to count out a weeks worth of pills with my husband. I went back up on my dose by about 20 grains which is about 2 mg. more than previously. It made all the difference for me. I think I was rushing my reduction. It is scarey how bad I felt. I'm going to stay here at 85 to 90 grains for a while. I think thats about 9 or 10 mgs. Funny how its said that 10 mg isnt a theraputic dose yet you can't get off of that amount with out suffering.

I don't feel completely normal but a lot of the side effects that I was experiencing at 60 mg. are almost gone. I don't feel like sleeping all day and night, and I don't just sit and space out. I want to accomplish things around the house and I actually see things that need to be done instead of being blind to them. I used to have no ambition.

The withdrawl can be hell but it dosn't have to be. Get someone to help you sort things out in your mind and help you reduce slowly. I know what it feels like to be in a hurry but that just leads to the crazies. heh

Thanks for being patient with me. Its amazing how my Doc. office should be giving the support you all do. But they can't because they just don't know. I even had another doc tell me my plan won't work because they are time released. This is truely sad. I don't even have the energy to try to educate them. They will just think I'm trying to be an internet Doc. We really have to be our own advocates.

Take charge of your life and your health.

I'm so glad for you. I've found out that my pharmacist has filled the capsules with white powder, probably to make it easier for him to do the dividing, but now it's harder still for me to. So I dropped from 10 to 5mg and had the worst day yesterday. Today is better. The ignorance and arrogance is so appauling, but we're all going to make it, thanks to us!

#6 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:41 AM

Hi - I wanted to get off of 60 mg cymbalta so my psychotrist dropped me to 30 mg for 5 days. At day 4 I freaked out and she recommened detox for 5 days in patient.
I went and they took me off of my clozapan as well. .5 dose 4 a day. After a week out of rehab I had siezures and anxiety to the point where I thought I was going to die.
I called my physician and saw him. He immediately put me back on 60 mg of cymbalta and 2 doses of clozapan. I have had sucidal thoughts bad. I still have tremmers after a month. I started seeing a hypontherpist that has been wonderful. She has helped me deal with my poisons causing some of my issues to help me resolve them pychologically. I now want to try and get off of cymbalta again as it has already started to cause me liver damage. I have been on it for about a 1 year and 1/2 at the 60 mg dose. I am so freaked out over withdrawl sympoms though. When I was in rehab the doctor put me on 10 mg of paxil. My pharamist was like what - you were on 60 mg how does your doctor think this is going to help you. 4 days later sitting in the pharmacy looking like a seizer victim I refilled all the cymbalta and clonzapan I just spent $5,0000.00 getting off of.
Not sure what to do now. I am still having the shakes and major anxiety after a month of being back on everything. I see my hypontherapist on Weds and psychotrist the same day. We will see if what they recommend and if it works. I have had good results with Prozac and it was easy getting off of...hope pyschotrist tries this route again to get me off of cymbalta and onto a safer antideppressant med. Will let you know the results.
Wendy

Hi Wendy

Just to clarify, you said Clozapan... do you mean the anti-psychotic Clozapine, or the anti-anxiety drug Klonopin (clonazepam)? Either way, your psychiatrist is a freaking idiot. It's bad enough when they recommend dropping the dose of Cymbalta by half...or the 'every other day' method... but NO ONE should come off TWO psychotropic drugs at the same time.

From what you have described, it sounds like you are on Klonopin, which is a benzodiazepine. Benzos are very addictive and if you were previously on 4 doses a day, it is likely that your current anxiety and tremors are due to that. Your body is wanting the 4 doses. I don't have any experience at helping people get off benzos but I believe this place is very good http://benzoisland.org/index.html

As for the detox idea.. I seriously want to slap your psychiatrist. THESE DRUGS CHEMICALLY ALTER BRAIN FUNCTION. It is not about getting the drug out of your system, it's how long it takes your system to return to its pre-medication way of functioning.

Many here have used Prozac to help them get off Cymbalta but given your current state I wouldn't recommend it. Prozac is actually quite stimulating and may well throw your already sensitive nervous system into hyperdrive.

How long were you on the 4 doses of Klonopin before all of this happened?

Kind Regards
Junior

#7 Angela

Angela

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    Needing to get off

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:10 PM

Hello. I am new here. I was "googling" Cymbalta withdrawal symptons and found this post. My situation is a little different. I am on 30 mg a day currently. I have been on this drug for over 3 years now. I was originally on 60 mg but they stopped working for me so a dr prescribed me a new A/I, Pristiq. I took that for a week and a half and was weaning off the Cymbalta too. I started losing weight, no appetite, nauseous and diarrhea. He said to stop taking the Pristiq because that was a side effect, which I never had on the Cymbalta. He then put me on Wellbutrin XL 300 mg. I was only on that for 3-4 days and felt very comatose and same side effects from Pristiq. I go back to another dr and he said to just go back on the Cymbalta daily, since that wasn't giving me the side effects or major problems. I had never been to a psychiatrist before but he told me that he was stuck at what else to give me because of the severe withdrawal and side effects the other drugs were giving me. I have been on every different A/I for over 15 years, supposed "chemical imbalance" in my family. So I go see a psych and he determines after several tests and me talking with him, that I am not manically depressed but misdiagnosed for those 15 yrs. I have been diagnosed with Adult ADHD. I wondered if I had it before but thought it was just me, not a disease. So now he has me weaning off the Cymbalta and taking Vyvanse for my ADHD. My major issue is I have been on this Vyvanse for 5 days and do not notice what I should be feeling from the drug and I think it is because of the Cymbalta. I am now nauseous, no appetite, diarrhea again. I would like to get off the Cymbalta completely before starting to take this new drug but I am not sure how I should start to wean myself off. I was thinking to take it every other day for a week and then every two days but the withdrawal is killer. I still have to go to work everyday and my hubby is trying to deal with all of this but I know it must be extremely hard. Any suggestions on how I should wean off without the major effects? I do have another psych appt on Monday but I told him that I was having a hard time getting off this crap. He said if u need one take one. That doesnt seem feesible. Help!!!

#8 Doob

Doob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationCali
  • why_joining:
    Curently on day 6 of stopping "cold turkey"
    Just looking for some support.

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:12 PM

:) Hey Debbie,
My name is Doob and I am 50 days free went CT but would not reccomend it.
The anger was always the quickest reach the surface. Be so mad I would breakdown crying.
Pushed away wife, mom, brothers and sisters. Heck I used to yell and fight with our parrot.
I just tried to think about things before reacting. Took awhile but I knew I could think again.
Hang in there. So much info. I shared this website with my wife and mother. They couldn't believe this
happens. And they undersood somewhat of why I was such a mess. And they were a big part of getting me thru this.
All better now. Love life. Not really depressed. I do know the difference now.

Doob :)

#9 sandy63

sandy63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • why_joining:
    suffer terrible symptoms-all of them-withdrawal cymbalta

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:39 PM

Hi--I am still suffering with some anxiety and off and on depression after three weeks stopping Cymbalta-My Psychiatrist said it was fine to and do on Pristiq-I have to quit because gave me bad stomach pain which they want my Drs, records from that ordeal of eight months-I have been through hell with this-so sick with vimiting-sweats-chills-severe neck pain--severe depression which Has not ended--after several day my dr. put me on 20mg of Prozac to help-it does but not alot yet been on it for one week- still have alot of sadness,worry and want this to end. Taking b12-omega3-cal-mag-synthroid for thyroid-vit c anyone know what else or lmaybe how long? Was on pristiq-went to cymbalta like for 3 months and now this..Help anyone?????? thank you-sandy

#10 Doob

Doob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationCali
  • why_joining:
    Curently on day 6 of stopping "cold turkey"
    Just looking for some support.

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:30 PM

Hello, I'm at 35 grains now. Thats 5 mgs. (down from 60) You would think just stopping cold from 5 gains would b no big deal but alas that is not the case. Last report I was taking out a grain a day and 2 grains twice a week. Last week I started taking 2 grains out everyday to speed things up. Now the ringing in my ears is back and I have a bit of swimmy head. I have a 12 hour car ride ahead of me tomorrow so I added 2 more grains and I'll do that again tomorrow. I can't afford to feel bad. So hopefully that will helpo me. I'm so close to getting completely off this junk. 3 more weeks or so.

Hey Debbie,
Don't rush it. Make sure you are stable before dropping your dosage. From what I have read it is the lower dosages that are the hardest to get through. Time means nothing compared to getting your mind back. Kind of like smoking a brisket "Low and slow".
Keep posting and Good Luck.
Peace and Love,

#11 QueenTimely

QueenTimely

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:48 PM

Lowest doses are murder as far as I'm concerned. I've finally gone onto Prozac after 8 months of weaning just to get me through the last stretch from 5 mg to zero.

Hey Debbie,
Don't rush it. Make sure you are stable before dropping your dosage. From what I have read it is the lower dosages that are the hardest to get through. Time means nothing compared to getting your mind back. Kind of like smoking a brisket "Low and slow".
Keep posting and Good Luck.
Peace and Love,

#12 Debbie M.

Debbie M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning from cymbalta

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:03 AM

I thought I would check back and let you all know how I was doing. I took 21 beads today. Still taking out one less bead each day. Three more weeks left and I'll be done. It seems such a small dose but I know its important to hold the course. Time will pass. Still I keep wondering how I would feel in a few days if I just stopped taking them. :unsure: I'm just not brave enough to risk feeling the withdrawl I felt before. There is no rush so I won't rush it. ITs good to be at 2.2 mgs after being on 60 mgs for several years.

Just wanted you all to know you can side step the craziness! :rolleyes:

Be well my friends,
Deb :)

#13 krisann

krisann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationIowa
  • why_joining:
    I wish to stop taking cymbalta with the least amount of side effects possible

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:35 PM

I thought I would check back and let you all know how I was doing. I took 21 beads today. Still taking out one less bead each day. Three more weeks left and I'll be done. It seems such a small dose but I know its important to hold the course. Time will pass. Still I keep wondering how I would feel in a few days if I just stopped taking them. :unsure: I'm just not brave enough to risk feeling the withdrawl I felt before. There is no rush so I won't rush it. ITs good to be at 2.2 mgs after being on 60 mgs for several years.

Just wanted you all to know you can side step the craziness! :rolleyes:

Be well my friends,

Hi Deb!

So glad you are doing well! It gives me hope for my own withdrawal! :) Keep up the great work!

KrisAnn

#14 I am who I am

I am who I am

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • why_joining:
    Trying to quit Cymbalta

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:21 PM

Hey Debbie-

I'm super new to this site, as of about 2 days ago.. but I'm loving it. Even just reading all of your blog from top to bottom, gave me so much insight. It seems like you are doing so well.. as I read through it all- about 2 months worth of posts.. you got better and better. Some downfalls, but your optimism is what kept going up and it really inspires me. The first red flag I had on your posts were when you almost went from 30mg to nothing... from my research, I am so glad that you didn't! That is so wonderful that you were able to not have to pressure yourself into doing that and found a better way. One thing I did want to mention though- it that the beads/balls have different dosing depending on where they are made. So- some are bigger and have more in them than others. Ex- one capsule of 50 beads might have 30mgs of __(insert medication type here)____ in it, while another capsule of the exact same medication has 75 beads in each capsule, but also equals 30mg of that product. As long as you are weaning down slowly- it doesn't really matter the amount of mgs.. but just know that if you are taking 30 beads- it might not mean a certain number of milligrams.

I just started a post as well if you want to check it out and follow where I am. Mine is titled 'Please help'.

I truly wish you the best and will be following your posts... I'm so happy that other people have had similar experiences with the medical profession.. well, not happy- it's sad really. What the heck do we PAY these people for?!?!?! It's fricken ridiculous.

Also- I had a thought about something while reading your post.. I developed a small tumor/hemangioma in my liver within the past 2 years.. I've never correlated it with my Cymbalta.. but now am starting to wonder. Do you have any thoughts about this? I might look into it now. It's about 1/3 the size of my entire liver. The docs say it's safe and I don't have to worry about it.. yet it's surrounded by "too many blood vessels to biopsy". Great.. just great. :blink:

#15 Debbie M.

Debbie M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning from cymbalta

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:39 AM

Hey Debbie-

I'm super new to this site, as of about 2 days ago.. but I'm loving it. Even just reading all of your blog from top to bottom, gave me so much insight. It seems like you are doing so well.. as I read through it all- about 2 months worth of posts.. you got better and better. Some downfalls, but your optimism is what kept going up and it really inspires me. The first red flag I had on your posts were when you almost went from 30mg to nothing... from my research, I am so glad that you didn't! That is so wonderful that you were able to not have to pressure yourself into doing that and found a better way. One thing I did want to mention though- it that the beads/balls have different dosing depending on where they are made. So- some are bigger and have more in them than others. Ex- one capsule of 50 beads might have 30mgs of __(insert medication type here)____ in it, while another capsule of the exact same medication has 75 beads in each capsule, but also equals 30mg of that product. As long as you are weaning down slowly- it doesn't really matter the amount of mgs.. but just know that if you are taking 30 beads- it might not mean a certain number of milligrams.

I just started a post as well if you want to check it out and follow where I am. Mine is titled 'Please help'.

I truly wish you the best and will be following your posts... I'm so happy that other people have had similar experiences with the medical profession.. well, not happy- it's sad really. What the heck do we PAY these people for?!?!?! It's fricken ridiculous.

Also- I had a thought about something while reading your post.. I developed a small tumor/hemangioma in my liver within the past 2 years.. I've never correlated it with my Cymbalta.. but now am starting to wonder. Do you have any thoughts about this? I might look into it now. It's about 1/3 the size of my entire liver. The docs say it's safe and I don't have to worry about it.. yet it's surrounded by "too many blood vessels to biopsy". Great.. just great. :blink:

Hello I am Who I AM,

Thanks for the post. I don't know about your liver. I have read that Cymbalta can cause liver damage but I don't know what you have. If your Doc is sure its something that won't hurt you and you believe him, just go with it. Do some research of your own so you will be informed. I would definitely talk to your doc about the Cymbalta. 1/3 the size of your liver dosnt sound small to me. If you are not confident in your docs opinion I would get a second opinion.

Thanks for your well wishes. Getting off this stuff is not easy if you don't know how it do it. Too bad there are no professionals to support us while we do. I had my ups and downs. This site has helped me learn what to do and what not to do. Years ago I went cold turkey off Zoloft. WOW was that hard!! 3 weeks of heck! I ended back on antidepressants within 3 months. I think it was just too much of a shock to my system. Plus I still had the brain tumor at that time. Which is what I think caused my depression in the first place so who really knows?

I am glad my story can be helpful to you and hopefully others. I am reaching a happy ending with peace. I am hopeful you and others will too.

Getting ready to take my dose of 17 grains today. I was aware of the grain sizes so when I got my final 20 mg script the first thing I did was to count all the grains and see what I was starting with. Very good advise for all to remember.
If there is anything I learned its that eyeballing the grains is possiblle at larger doses but when you get down to the lower doses you really nee.d to be more scientific and precise by counting grains.

Thankfully that stuffy ear thing is gone. I really hated that!

Thanks again for your well wishes. Same to you.

Deb

#16 Debbie M.

Debbie M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning from cymbalta

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:15 PM

This has not been a good day for me. I've been very emotional. Its the beginning of a new cycle so its probably hormones. Still I have been railroading the kids and every little thing seems to be getting on my nerves. Crying spells and regret. I hate being this way. It reminds me of how I used to be like because of Cymbalta withdrawl. Thank goodness I've gotten past that. Still I wish during this temporary hormonal phase I could have been nicer to the kids. ;)

16 beads is what I took today. I was a little frazzled today when I tried to count out my pills for the week. There was so much activity (4 kids)and noise I kept getting distrated. There are so few beads so I think I will just count them out daily and put them on my tonge each day. Anyone know any reason I should not do this? :unsure:

Have a great day all and be well. B)
Debbie

#17 krisann

krisann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationIowa
  • why_joining:
    I wish to stop taking cymbalta with the least amount of side effects possible

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:14 PM

This has not been a good day for me. I've been very emotional. Its the beginning of a new cycle so its probably hormones. Still I have been railroading the kids and every little thing seems to be getting on my nerves. Crying spells and regret. I hate being this way. It reminds me of how I used to be like because of Cymbalta withdrawl. Thank goodness I've gotten past that. Still I wish during this temporary hormonal phase I could have been nicer to the kids. ;)

16 beads is what I took today. I was a little frazzled today when I tried to count out my pills for the week. There was so much activity (4 kids)and noise I kept getting distrated. There are so few beads so I think I will just count them out daily and put them on my tonge each day. Anyone know any reason I should not do this? :unsure:

Have a great day all and be well. B)
Debbie

Debbie,

Sorry to hear you are having a rough day. :( I hope tomorrow is a much better day for you. I think Maureen did a post about how the beads breakdown uncapsulated. I don't remember what she said exactly, sorry, brains a bit foggy today.

KrisAnn

#18 JustJulz

JustJulz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    support and information to become a healthier Me

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:25 PM

Gosh Debbie, you are really sounding great these days, so don't let one day bring you down too much. Have you gone back and read your posts in this thread lately? It is amazing to hear the joy and positive energy in your voice.

Today, yes maybe it is a true, real hormonal day. Give yourself that. Can you do something that makes you feel better- like a little treat, a walk, a movie, a nap? While I have been reducing, there have been times when I nudged back up a little to get me through what I knew was going to be a trying day.

I have also just put the balls on my tongue, and didn't notice anything bad. If anything, I imagine it got into my system faster, and may have thwarted a potentially bad moment. I frequently forget to take my meds on time (or even for a whole day, dumb Julz), and catch myself approaching a bad way- so taking my counted out dose, plus a couple extra balls that I have saved can actually "save the day."

Hang in there. The end is near!!!

#19 Debbie M.

Debbie M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning from cymbalta

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:36 PM

Thank you KrisAnn and Julz, You two really gave me a boost with your encouragement. I am a bit t=confused to have such an enotional day but I'm hopeful it is just hormones :P I shoud actually be happ that I didnt have a lot of PMS this time. Really none at all. I know I am getting much better.

Thanks for encouraging me to re-read my posts. I really have come a long way. :D I'm going to bed tonight with a happy heart. My 4 kids are happy and the house is relatively clean with the laundry done. What more could a mom want? heh ;) (A tropical vacation maybe?)Well since thats not going to happen I'll go to bed and dream about it!

Good night all
Debbie

#20 Debbie M.

Debbie M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning from cymbalta

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:53 AM

I feel focused today and have been able to run errands and buy some groceries but as soon as I got home everyone jumped on me wanting this or that. I'm not handling these requests well. I feel less able to relate to anyone and all I want to do is be alone. Their demands just seem so big today.
15 beads today. Maybe I'll take an extra for support. Could it be that I'm not adjusting to the decrease? Is this decreasing just too fast? That just seems silly. Two days of challenges. I hope it stops. :blink:

Just keep swimming just keep swimming.............

#21 JustJulz

JustJulz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    support and information to become a healthier Me

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:09 AM

Are you still reducing the # of balls each day? It might be helpful to hold steady at one dose while you cope with the hormonal upheaval, just to get you through it. Then when you feel ready, step down again. Seems funny/odd that 15 measly balls could make the difference btwn being happy and in control, or losing our horizontal hold- doesn't it? (that's only 1.6mg!) Crazy drug- but you're almost free!!!

deep breath and teach the kids to take a number! I have taught mine to learn to help me too, to ease up on demands, or at least proceed in an orderly fashion. Now that they are older, they are incredibly understanding. Your kids will also learn from this experience! Hang in there.

#22 Debbie M.

Debbie M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning from cymbalta

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:45 PM

Are you still reducing the # of balls each day? It might be helpful to hold steady at one dose while you cope with the hormonal upheaval, just to get you through it. Then when you feel ready, step down again. Seems funny/odd that 15 measly balls could make the difference btwn being happy and in control, or losing our horizontal hold- doesn't it? (that's only 1.6mg!) Crazy drug- but you're almost free!!!

deep breath and teach the kids to take a number! I have taught mine to learn to help me too, to ease up on demands, or at least proceed in an orderly fashion. Now that they are older, they are incredibly understanding. Your kids will also learn from this experience! Hang in there.

Thanks Julz, I decided to take 2 more grains today. I will hold there until I return to my new old self. I have been crying this afternoon about silly things. Alternating between crying and getting short with my kids. Of course that makes me feel terrible. I'm just going to try to keep quiet.
Thanks for the advise. How are you doing in this process? Where are you in regards to mgs? And how long have you been weaning?

thanks again,
Debbie

#23 Debbie M.

Debbie M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning from cymbalta

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:17 AM

Blindsided by the last two days.
Hopeully today will be better.
God be with me...
Holding at 17 beads unitl the storm blows over.

#24 Debbie M.

Debbie M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning from cymbalta

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:16 AM

I had several days reminiscent of depression. It was an awakening and it scared me. But alas it is gone, thank The LORD! I took the advise of Julz and held my dose at 17 grains. Then began to degrease again. Today 15 grains. I just want to stop it all together but I don't know if my mood was lowered due to lack of meds or just plain hormonal emotions. Now would be the best time to stop Cymbalta(in my cycle) if I was going to do it. Maye tomorrow would be a good time to go to 7 beads. Just getting close and am a bit bored and curious to see what would happen.

Has anyone else been down this road?

#25 Debbie M.

Debbie M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning from cymbalta

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:01 PM

I feel like a science experiment. I'm quitting as of tomorrow. Yesterday 15 balls. Today 7. I'll let you know how this goes. I hope I'm not sorry.

#26 Debbie M.

Debbie M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning from cymbalta

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:22 AM

Today I woke up with a head ache. I dont know if its from the cesation of C or something else. So today I took 5 grains. Other wise ok. I think my main problem has been bordom. Its summer and the weather is beautiful and I feel like I'm wasting it just hanging around te house. I have the traveling bug. I'd pack up the kids and go to the beach but the kids don't want to leave their friends which really gets on my nerves. I have to get proactive and just take the bull by the nose and make them go. I'm going nuts. Stir crazy. I wanna go camping. The main problem is we have no money. We are living by cash alone. When its gone its gone and we have to wait till the next pay check. Don't get me wrong we have enough to pay the bills but not much else. It seems like some extra somethingcomes up every pay check to swallow eny extra. Water heater replacement, 14 yer olds trip to DC with the school, license plate renewal, etc. Now its kis school supplies and clothes and sports equip and book fees. Next will come school pictures and Christmas. It never ends. Any kind of money we manage to save ends up bing spent.

With my history of depression I havent held a paying job in years. I stayed home with my 4 kids because that s what I wanted but I think maybe now I could get a part time job. That means I would need to rely on the older kids to help out with the younger ones. I don't know if I want to do that.

You know what else gets on my nerves? The amount of time my son spends on the computer and video games. What is a normal amount of time to let an almost 17 yr old be on?
Whats worse is the fighting.

#27 Debbie M.

Debbie M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning from cymbalta

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:47 PM

The head ache remains. Hope its better tomorrow. If its a Cymbalta head ache I should have stuck with one grain a day. We will see what tomorrow brings. :huh:

#28 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:25 AM

I had several days reminiscent of depression. It was an awakening and it scared me. But alas it is gone, thank The LORD! I took the advise of Julz and held my dose at 17 grains. Then began to degrease again. Today 15 grains. I just want to stop it all together but I don't know if my mood was lowered due to lack of meds or just plain hormonal emotions. Now would be the best time to stop Cymbalta(in my cycle) if I was going to do it. Maye tomorrow would be a good time to go to 7 beads. Just getting close and am a bit bored and curious to see what would happen.

Has anyone else been down this road?

I stopped completely at 1mg, and if I had my time over again, I'd wean off that as well.

The symptoms were mild, it was just unnecessary to deal with them.

At three weeks I realized I hadn't had any brain zaps for a few days (and never had another).

Great to see so many supporting each other here in the last month or so. It's been along haul for me, after being free of Cymbalta I hung around because there seemed to be too few available to give information.

I specifically looked at your post though, to see where you're at.

Good Luck.

Maureen.

#29 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:27 AM

You know what else gets on my nerves? The amount of time my son spends on the computer and video games. What is a normal amount of time to let an almost 17 yr old be on?
[/quote]

oh about 23 hours and 59 minutes is my guess for the average. :)

My 18 yo daughter drives me bananas. I've even had to disconnect her internet connection when she's supposed to be doing schoolwork on her computer because it's 1/4 schoolwork and 3/4 chat and messaging.

cheers, Maureen.

#30 Debbie M.

Debbie M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning from cymbalta

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:34 AM

[quote name='MaureenV' date='22 July 2010 - 04:26 AM' timestamp='1279794418' post='14361']
[/quote]

oh about 23 hours and 59 minutes is my guess for the average. :)

My 18 yo daughter drives me bananas. I've even had to disconnect her internet connection when she's supposed to be doing schoolwork on her computer because it's 1/4 schoolwork and 3/4 chat and messaging.

cheers, Maureen.
[/quote]

Great idea. I'll keep that in mind when school begins again.
90% less head ache this morning. Will take 3 grains today. Heh, so small yet so powerful. B)
Debbie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users