• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 QueenTimely

QueenTimely

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationItaly, at present. Australia, usually. New York, originally!
  • why_joining:
    I am currently on Cymbalta after many years of other drugs including Zoloft, Wellbutrin and Effexor. I had a terrible experience coming off of Effexor that resulted only in my going back on, then changing to Cymbalta. I feel, at this point, that the drugs are causing as many problems as the initial depression did, and am looking at the possibility of coming off but am living this year in rural Italy and need some real support in considering this possibility and its consequences.

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:38 AM

First: don't do it.
Second: call your doctor or emergency or the Samaritans or someone.
Third: Yes, it could be the Cymbalta. I have a history of depression, BUT NOT OF SUICIDAL THOUGHTS and I sometimes have them now. And I also did withdrawing from Effexor. And sometimes I don't want to kill myself but I just want it all to be over. But I know THAT'S NOT ME. I'M HAVING THE THOUGHT THAT I WANT IT ALL TO BE OVER, BUT IT'S JUST A THOUGHT. IT'S A THOUGHT, NOTHING MORE. IT HAS NO POWER OVER ME. I'm getting a lot of help, even in this crazy time of withdrawal, from meditation and mindfulness based reading, practices and online support. Check out Get Out of Your Mind and Into Your Life (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) or The Mindfulness Way Through Depression or The Happiness Trap (ACT therapy). There's an online community around ACT that I find really helpful. http://health.groups...for_the_Public/

I feel like I am being pulled toward just doing it. Anyone ever have this happen? you put the gun in your mouth and rub the trigger type feeling. I don't want to, but its like an compulsion?

#2 rdoearth

rdoearth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • why_joining:
    Personally weaning off Cymblata

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:16 AM

I know what you're feeling. For me it's going through the withdrawal and having just been offered a job after looking for months only to have them switch on me last minute. I'm months behind on my car payment, driving on no registration, staying in a place I haven't payed rent on in two months, NOW THIS!!! The worst emotional upset for me since losing the love of my life one year ago. It almost feels like just too much. I can't allow things to continue on the way they are for very much longer!! Yeah, thinking it's a very good thing there is no gun handy here as well. I might just use it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users