• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 River Gal

River Gal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • why_joining:
    After one year on cymbalta at 60 mg, I want to try to wean off again (after trying before and "failing.") The first wean, I was put on 30 mg for two weeks, and then told to stop. It was horrible. The withdrawl was evil. After withdrawls ended, after another month, I relapsed again (panicky, nervous), and was put back on Cymbalta again. I have been on it for over a year now, and was told by my Psych I have to be on drugs forever since I "failed twice". I don't buy it. I am going to see a new doctor and want to talk about weaning very s l o w l y, plus practice a depression-fighting diet, vitamins, etc. etc. I'm not sure if I can do this alone - I guess this is why I'm here. Looking for people with similar experiences who can relate, who UNDERSTAND Cymbalta withdrawl, and who have been through it before.

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:44 AM

Hi there Junior (it is Junior who runs this site, right?) ;) Just wanting to make sure.

First, I need to tell you that I think this site is a lifesaver, and I am SO glad to have found it. But as a person using it and interacting on it and in the process of getting off cymbalta, I might suggest something about the format of this site and these forums. (I also happen to be a graphic/web designer and marketing consultant!)

I feel like there should be some very obvious blurb of info or statement that no one can miss when they come to this site, with YOUR advice about the SLOW WEANING suggestion and advice for cymbalta users NOT to come off all of a sudden. Say it right up front on the home page where nobody can miss it, and be done with it.

It seems as the site/forum is laid out now, it's just a big jumble of forum topics and everyone is discussing the same problem. The withdrawls and lack of information about how to cope, manage, do it correctly, so, it takes users a bit of digging and reading and time spent on this site to figure out that coming off this drug too quickly is a very bad thing. I guess I just feel like putting a blanket statement/suggestion/word from the wise right front and center that people see FIRST seems like it might make the most sense - otherwise, it seems like it takes you or a few others to zero in on individual comments and give each comment this same "slow taper!" advice one comment at a time...

I'm personally down to 100 beads in my 6 month journey off 60 mg - I've been removing a few beads from my total dosage every day, and I have had NO withdrawls, and feel wonderful. (I also have been living healthy by exercising, diet, vitamins, etc. etc.) I'm very excited about the possibility of coming off Cymbalta successfully because I've tried in the past with ugly withdrawls. If I go off and stay off, I will be so happy to share my story and advice with others, and want to help you and others make this forum the best it can be.

Thank you!

#2 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:08 PM

Hi there Junior (it is Junior who runs this site, right?) ;) Just wanting to make sure.

First, I need to tell you that I think this site is a lifesaver, and I am SO glad to have found it. But as a person using it and interacting on it and in the process of getting off cymbalta, I might suggest something about the format of this site and these forums. (I also happen to be a graphic/web designer and marketing consultant!)

I feel like there should be some very obvious blurb of info or statement that no one can miss when they come to this site, with YOUR advice about the SLOW WEANING suggestion and advice for cymbalta users NOT to come off all of a sudden. Say it right up front on the home page where nobody can miss it, and be done with it.

It seems as the site/forum is laid out now, it's just a big jumble of forum topics and everyone is discussing the same problem. The withdrawls and lack of information about how to cope, manage, do it correctly, so, it takes users a bit of digging and reading and time spent on this site to figure out that coming off this drug too quickly is a very bad thing. I guess I just feel like putting a blanket statement/suggestion/word from the wise right front and center that people see FIRST seems like it might make the most sense - otherwise, it seems like it takes you or a few others to zero in on individual comments and give each comment this same "slow taper!" advice one comment at a time...

I'm personally down to 100 beads in my 6 month journey off 60 mg - I've been removing a few beads from my total dosage every day, and I have had NO withdrawls, and feel wonderful. (I also have been living healthy by exercising, diet, vitamins, etc. etc.) I'm very excited about the possibility of coming off Cymbalta successfully because I've tried in the past with ugly withdrawls. If I go off and stay off, I will be so happy to share my story and advice with others, and want to help you and others make this forum the best it can be.

Thank you!

Hi River Gal, no Junior doesn't 'run' the site. Junior and I are two people who found this site withdrawing from Cymbalta after being on it for a short while, and decided to hang around to pass on anything we've learned here to others. Unfortunately of the thousands who've passed through, we're the only two who've hung around many months later, which makes it a pretty hard task.

If you go to the front of the site you'll see comments from both myself, and junior about the difficulty people have. The administrator did start a section for long term posters to put posts in about how they weaned, I started one on where to buy empty capsules, but sooner or later the threads just get bogged down with questions and answers from everyone.

You'll see that we've suggested what you want, and much more. Like you, we're very grateful for the site, but we are sick to death of answering the same questions over and over and over and over and over, simply because there's such a massive amount of information on here, it's sometimes difficult for people to find what they're looking for.

You may have noticed Junior absence in the last week or so, and that's why, and I'm not far behind her, which would be a pity.

I spend about an hour a day answering posts, but I'm not sure how much longer I can keep doing that on my own, especially when some of that information could be more readily accessed if the site was upgraded.

There ARE numerous posts on exactly how to wean, but they're buried.

Let's hope we have some success!

regards, Maureen.

#3 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:30 AM

Hi River Gal

Rest assured, if this was my site it would be far better organised!!!

As far as I can make out, this is the owner of the site https://www.cymbalta...ce-for-weaning/
Several weeks ago he pm'd me asking if I would be a moderator. I said yes and haven't heard from him since!

Cheers
Junior

#4 River Gal

River Gal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • why_joining:
    After one year on cymbalta at 60 mg, I want to try to wean off again (after trying before and "failing.") The first wean, I was put on 30 mg for two weeks, and then told to stop. It was horrible. The withdrawl was evil. After withdrawls ended, after another month, I relapsed again (panicky, nervous), and was put back on Cymbalta again. I have been on it for over a year now, and was told by my Psych I have to be on drugs forever since I "failed twice". I don't buy it. I am going to see a new doctor and want to talk about weaning very s l o w l y, plus practice a depression-fighting diet, vitamins, etc. etc. I'm not sure if I can do this alone - I guess this is why I'm here. Looking for people with similar experiences who can relate, who UNDERSTAND Cymbalta withdrawl, and who have been through it before.

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:28 PM

Ah! Thank you, Maureen and Junior. Sounds like you're doing the best you can and have similar frustrations! I guess the discussion of re-organizing or improving the layout would be for the site owner, then. Who is the owner of the site?

#5 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:58 PM

His name is Ken. I gave you a link in my post above.

Interestingly, he only joined the site in Dec 09. I was here in August so he has obviously taken over from someone else.

#6 kathyl

kathyl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationWisconsin
  • why_joining:
    Recovering from withdrawals from Cymbalta 2010. Currently 2015

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:13 AM

Hi there Junior (it is Junior who runs this site, right?) Posted Image Just wanting to make sure.

Thank you!

I wish you a very good fututre free of cymbalta. I agree that this site has provided me with life saving information and helped me get to day 37. If I wouldn't have found this forum, I don't know where I would be at today!
Believe! Kathy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users