God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:09 PM

Dear Molli:
I also have a love/hate relationship with cymbalta. I am also constantly tired. Gained a lot of weight. Went from 110lbs to 162lbs in a short time. Low sex drive.
You are on a lot of meds. I´ve heard of Topamax, but I do not know about the others, what are they for??. A site that has helped me check if drugs have interactions between each other is www.drugs.com.
I am not a Doctor but quitting cold turkey I do not think is a good idea. I do not dare to do it. I recently started lowering my dosage of cymbalta from 60mg to 52mg, and will keep on reducing little by little. Sometimes life demands do not let us go as quick as we want at weaning. I have some friends visits, and I want to feel well, so I haven´t reduced the dosage as much as wanted. So if you have 5 kids to take care of, take your time.
Maybe it will be useful to do a little research on the internet about Wellbutrin and Savella (side effects and withdrawal symptoms).

Hope this helped
Cookie

#2 Doob

Doob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationCali
  • why_joining:
    Curently on day 6 of stopping "cold turkey"
    Just looking for some support.

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:27 PM

Dear Molli:
I also have a love/hate relationship with cymbalta. I am also constantly tired. Gained a lot of weight. Went from 110lbs to 162lbs in a short time. Low sex drive.
You are on a lot of meds. I´ve heard of Topamax, but I do not know about the others, what are they for??. A site that has helped me check if drugs have interactions between each other is www.drugs.com.
I am not a Doctor but quitting cold turkey I do not think is a good idea. I do not dare to do it. I recently started lowering my dosage of cymbalta from 60mg to 52mg, and will keep on reducing little by little. Sometimes life demands do not let us go as quick as we want at weaning. I have some friends visits, and I want to feel well, so I haven´t reduced the dosage as much as wanted. So if you have 5 kids to take care of, take your time.
Maybe it will be useful to do a little research on the internet about Wellbutrin and Savella (side effects and withdrawal symptoms).

Hope this helped
Cookie

Hey Molli,
My name is Doob and I am about 42 days or so Cold Turkey.
I am just now feeling better than I have in years.
My advice would be to find a way to ween yourself off this drug.
Your doctor has no clue because withdrawl symptoms are not advertised as well as the
"Up side".
Due to the massive attatchment this durg has on your brain.
So unless you can isolate with a support team. Weening is the way to go.
Stay hydrated, Omega3's and for me I had to watch my sugar intake.
Again I am no doctor but you might want to check out the interaction with these drugs.
There is a life after Cymbalta.
With my depression I had to figure out the void I felt was where my life was supposed to go.
Try and think things thru before reacting emotionally, when I started to get control of that
I knew I could beat it. Lot's of us here to relate to and listen.
Peace
Doob B)

#3 jimscott

jimscott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:
    withdrawl from cymbalta

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:24 AM

I've been off it now for...I think 3 weeks. I was on 60mg for 4 years. I gained a bunch of weight..no sex drive..tired all the time.
I cut the dosage down to 30mg for 7 days...then cold turkey.(not advised)
It's getting better. I found by telling everyone I have to deal with what I'm going through it makes it a little easier.
Also I talk out my feelings and thoughts...this can be embarassing while in the market, but it helps.
I tried to call my MD yesterday to tell him about this devil drug...he is now a cardiologist??? WTH? He is a personal friend too...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users