• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to get off cymbalta

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:30 AM

Hi

Just thought i would share my history of withdrawal so far

been on 60 mg Cymbalta for 2 years for depression, started with the desired effect but slowly became a zombie with no
feelings and no sex drive at all so u can understand that my marriage was not going good so i went to the doctors to seek
withdrawal, with his advice did 1 more week on 60mg, then 2 weeks alternating between 60 and 30mg, then 2 months on 30mg and
finally every other day at 30mg for 14 days.
Well the worst part a week later are the brain zaps making my head ache and making me very sick, a lot of sweating and very vivid dreams,
sometimes nightmares and are still going on after 7 days so will carry on until they stop hopefully sometime soon
I am keeping hydrated and eating well, plenty of fruit and veg which i think is helping but not much proof

any help would be appreciated

Thanks

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:53 AM

Dear Superwhites:
I understand and empathize with your story. I have taken cymbalta for 5 years and feel no sex drive either. Although I do not feel like a zombie. Also had headaches, extreme sweating and vivid dreams. I´ve read on this site, that taking cymbalta every other day is not a good move. Cymbalta´s effect last one day. So if you skip a day your system has no drug at all for one day. It is better to take a lower dosage EVERY DAY. On this site you´ll find advice on how to make capsules with the dosage you want, how to count beads. For example I diminished my dosage from 60mg to 52mg and now to 45mg. It is important to make small decreases. I´ve read that it is easier to decrease from 60 to 30mg than it is the journey from 30mg to cero. It is EXCELLENT that you are eating well, exercise will help also to improve depression (if you are taking cymb for depression)
hugs
Cookie

#3 Superwhites

Superwhites

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:18 AM

hi

sorry if my description was not clear, to put record straight i have now been off cymbalta completely for 2 weeks now
and the withdrawl effects are now very light and easy to cope with, first week was hell but now good

#4 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:36 PM

Superwhites:
GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

#5 Yvonne

Yvonne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • why_joining:
    To join discussions regarding Cymbalta, FMS / CFS and related medications and / or side effects

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:02 PM

This is exactly what I am experiencing - as well as extreme breathlessness. It's been a month since I went cold turkey (I was on 90mg per day) - I still have no relief. My glands are swollen and aching but I am told that these are just side effects and they should go away in about another month. I am at the end of my tether! Enough already!

#6 Debbie M.

Debbie M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning from cymbalta

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:18 PM

Pika Dream, I laughed out loud when I read some of your post. Not because of what you are going though but because I can sooo relate to how you feel. I felt a lot of the same things. Thank Goodness most of those feelings are gone. Especially the part you said about everyone around you being stupid. :lol: HAHA I couldn't stand the snipping and the rage I felt. Anger was my state of mind all the time. :angry:
I knew it was rediculous but I couldn stop it. :rolleyes:

I feel so bad for you. We do in life what we must do. But please remember you are in TRANSITION. It will get better. The GREAT you will come back. Isn't it a great life lesson to have come back to you what you put out there. MAybe you'll end up withmore empathy for others after this part of your life is over.

It will get better. I promise.
Hang in there. :) Deb

#7 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:57 PM

This is exactly what I am experiencing - as well as extreme breathlessness. It's been a month since I went cold turkey (I was on 90mg per day) - I still have no relief. My glands are swollen and aching but I am told that these are just side effects and they should go away in about another month. I am at the end of my tether! Enough already!

Dear Yvonne:
I am also experiencing Breathlessness.
Did yours get better??
Regards
Cookie

#8 Pika_Dream

Pika_Dream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:
    Going through the hellish nightmare of Cymbalta Withdrawal

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:01 PM

Thanks Deb, appreciate the vote of confidence. :D
You know what's really funny- the only 'drug' I ever tried as a teenager was "MJ" because I figured it wasn't a big deal. Did it 3 times and then never again. Never would try anything else....was always afraid of getting addicted and then having to go through a withdrawal nightmare in rehab. Gotta thank the brilliant doctors who have treated me to this experience I thought I had managed to avoid.... :angry:
Seriously...if anyone out there has ever seen Leonardo DiCaprio in the movie "Basketball Diaries" when his friend locks him up in his house after finding him all drugged up and passed out on the street in the snow....when he is going through all the withdrawal stuff....OMG, that seriously is almost what I feel like (minus the drool and frothing at the mouth.) I'm crying on the floor half the time, mumbling things no one can understand- I'm sure my husband is starting to wonder if its the withdrawal causing it or perhaps demonic possession (the only difference in the behavior between the two that my head doesn't spin 360 on my neck- otherwise, I can see his point, LOL :unsure: )
Well, I am an official member now, as of 5 minutes ago, so I will keep updating everyone on the progress....especially if I see some weight start coming off....think I would throw a block party for that!!! :D

#9 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:08 PM

Hello Everyone.....
Today makes my first week off Cymbalta. I quit cold turkey. Before anyone starts raving about what a bad idea that is, let me say that I did not have a choice. I got fired from my job in April, so since then I have been having to pay full price for it which is about $140. Our credit cards are maxed out and we are barely making bills now, and I still haven't found a new job....so it had to go. I am sort of glad about it anyway, because I have been on it since January of 2009. Previous to taking Cymbalta, I have always been very skinny- couldn't even really gain weight when pregnant....so you could imagine my surprise when by May of 2009 I was having to go up to size 8 pants....when I have always been like a 5/6. Well....another year later and I am now 40 lbs over my normal weight....a feat pregnancy could not even attain! I am now wearing size 12/14. I absolutely HATE it! I have a huge jelly roll oozing out from the top of my pants, I am getting new stretchmarks from how big I have gotten (and I barely had any stretchmarks at all before now!). My stomach and thighs are covered with this nasty, cottage cheese fat. It makes me so angry. My sex drive has been completely gone since I started taking this medicine, much to my husband's frustration. I'm not so sure if that is because of the medicine or because when I look in the mirror I look like the nasty fat people I used to shake my head at when I would see them out in public thinking "I'd never let myself get THAT bad". Sigh....I HATE being naked now....I'd rather throw up than look at myself naked. If I could shower with clothes on, I would. My husband keeps telling me he thinks I am still beautiful and somehow that just makes me feel worse. Its like "Shut up and stop looking at me!!"

Since stopping the Cymbalta last Wednesday, I have been going through absolute hell....I was taking it for Fibromyalgia, not depression, so my pain has returned full force, and amplified like I never thought possible. I have found myself completely exhausted....its like my brain is getting so overworked trying to keep me conscious that its giving up. I sleep all afternoon. Its hard for me to climb the stairs, I get really dizzy and have to stop. I have been having some major mood swings and emotional problems. I cried yesterday when they showed this guy his car all re-done on the cable show Overhaulin....then two things crossed my mind. Why am I watching a guy TV show...and WTF am I crying for? Its a CAR! Cried when I saw Deadliest Catch last night too, cuz its when Captain Phil had his stroke....made me think of when I lost my dad, and I sat there and just wailed. I have been screaming at my husband and kids....it just feels like everyone around me right now are just the stupidest people drawing breath on this planet. Every time they open their mouths to say something I just roll my eyes....and I know they aren't doing anything wrong, but its like I am just mad anyway....wish everyone would leave me alone. Been having panic attacks too, and I have never had those. THEY SUCK! Keep having really vivid dreams, so vivid I think I am awake and they're real. Only can tell I am dreaming when I wake up and realize the dream actually made no sense and couldn't possibly actually happen. To add to this misery, I think the withdrawal is actually causing my depression from age 16 thats been under control for years to resurface. I'm not dealing with being unemployed and not being able to find another job....seems that once you have been fired from somewhere- no one cares why, they just don't want to hire you. They figure if someone else got rid of you, you must not be worth anything, and right now that is exactly how I feel. I think I would feel a million times better if the weight would start coming off.....at this point, I don't care if I am in pain, or moody, or angry, or even unemployed. I am just tired of looking like a lazy fat slob! If I can start looking like sexy me again, maybe I will start feeling like sexy me again. Sorry to rant.....just had to let you know that for all the problems this medicine is supposed to solve, it just created a ton more I didn't need....I think I am worse off now then when I started taking it, and I will never take it again. I'd rather be in tremendous pain, but thin and able to like myself, then pain free, fat and ugly.

Dear Pika:
It touched my heart to read your story. There are many things that have happened to me also, and is the first time someone puts them in words.

I was also always very skinny. Gained 52lbs on cymbalta, ending in size 14. I wasn´t eating that much, all the people around me (family and friends) would always complain of how fat I was. You are so lucky your husband tells you how beautiful you are in spite of the additional weight.

My sex drive is zero. But I think having zero libido, is not caused by the weight gain. I am sure there is something linked to the med/chemicals and sex desire.

The good news is that one CAN lose weight. After 5 years of being fat, I lost 31lbs by doing exercise and eating healthy.

Sleepiness, dizziness, mood swings, crying, rage, vivid dreams are withdrawal symptoms that I have also experienced. Shocking to hear that you took cymbalta for fibromalgia (not depression) and withdrawals is causing old depression to resurface. Scary thing!

But the paragraph I feel more related to, is this one “and not being able to find another job....seems that once you have been fired from somewhere- no one cares why, they just don't want to hire you. They figure if someone else got rid of you, you must not be worth anything”
I´ve done so many job interviews (60 interviews in 2 years) and none of the companies wanted to hire me. This made me even more depressed.

Pika, human beings are so demanding. Now you complaint about the weight gain, and say that you don´t care about the pain, moody, angry, unemployed. But I tell you that I did lose weight and still I am not happy because I am moody, angry and unemployed.

You WILL lose the weight!!!!! .......

Hugs
Cookie

#10 Pika_Dream

Pika_Dream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

Wow....today really wasn't the day for life to f*ck with me, so you know that's what was bound to happen, right?!
I am so trying not to go on a destructive rampage out of sheer hopeless frustration right now!! :angry:
I cashed out my check from my insurance company that was supposed to fix my car so that I could pay bills and get groceries instead....me being unemployed right now is hurting us bad, so I figured that would be the best thing to do. NOPE. The very second that life realized I had more than $10.00 in my checking account, my TV broke. Normally I would not care since I am usually asleep most of the afternoon anyway, but tomorrow my son and my husband's daughter are both coming to stay here from their respective "out of state" locations with our ex's and that will mean 4 kids in a house with no TV. OMG.....I do not have the strength for THAT right now.....the first one that whined about being bored would end up tied upside down to our backyard tree.....I HAVE to find a way to get a new TV.....NOW....before I truly finish going insane. WHY DOES THIS CRAP KEEP HAPPENING TO ME?! I am already stretched to my breaking point, then just when I think that I just maybe have a little breathing room on the financial front, THIS HAPPENS. GGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :blink: :unsure: :(

#11 Pika_Dream

Pika_Dream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:50 PM

:huh: Well, the good news is that we got a new TV. The bad news is that now we owe my husband's grandmother $850.... :blink: Ah well, like Tom Hulce said in the movie Amadeus, "He who cannot earn must borrow." At least I am not thinking of going medieval on my living room and destroying everything in a rage of tears.... <_<
Just thought I would let everyone know....this mood swing has subsided...and so far everyone survived, including me. B)

#12 Debbie M.

Debbie M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning from cymbalta

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:19 PM

Pika Dream, I was going to ask if you could borrow one temorarily but I see you have one now. I must say you are very entertaining to read. I can so relate to you anger. Hang in there........

Now I want to share with you a story of encouragemnet.
I learned last night that some relatives were coming today at 5:00. We havent seen them in a year. They live 14 hours away so we couldnt say no, of course. We invited them to stay for diner. So I had to clean the house, shop and prepare a diner. OK, now this type of plan would have driven me over the edge before. I simply couldnt do it or I would have so much anziety I would just be paralized. This time was totally different. Not only did I clean the house, shop and make the diner, but they called and said they would be here 3 hour early. I was cool, calm and collected. Everything went off without a hitch and I stayed sane. This is so new for me. I wanted to share this with you so you could see that I am evidence that it does get better. Be nice to yourself and patient.

Be well my friend :)
Debbie

#13 Pika_Dream

Pika_Dream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:03 AM

Deb,

That's awesome! B) See, I am always dealing with high stress like that, which is why if anything happens ON TOP of that I go into freak out mode. But sounds like you dealt with unfamiliar and stressful situation and came out on top. Gives me hope that I just may live through this.... :P

Pika

#14 Debbie M.

Debbie M.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:
    weaning from cymbalta

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:10 AM

:D Yes Pika, I am much further down the pike than you. Its a peek into the future to see what good things lie ahead for you. :D

#15 Pika_Dream

Pika_Dream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:37 PM

True enough....today I guess the pendulum has swung to 'happy' for now....I got a 14 day free trial membership to a gym. Went this morning, and discovered both good and bad things. The bad: I thought I was only 40 lbs overweight (my normal weight was 110) but no....somehow between the last time I was on a scale and today, I've managed to gain another 5 lbs (sigh :unsure: )

The good news? Well, first I worked on the stationary bike for 20 mins. Not bad. Ok, haven't dropped dead yet, so I can DO THIS. Moved to the ski machine.....made the mistake of selecting the "weight control" program for the run, and proceeded through 25 minutes of it randomly switching between resistance 1 and 8 with no logical pattern or warning. OMG, I am pretty sure that aside from childbirth, I was in the most pain today then I have ever been. My fibro was so bad, it was like my whole body was screaming "What are you DOING?!" About 8 minutes in to that workout, the pain hit a high point where I was sure sky was gonna meet ground and I was going to FALL OFF the machine and just die. Then....the pain leveled out. Its like my nerves just shut off or I went numb or something. But once I had pushed past the awful pain and breathlessness, it was gone. I was like OMG....I think I can actually control this! Did the whole 25 minute ski machine program plus the 5 minute cooldown and called it a day. I'm home now, getting the house clean since my son is coming this afternoon. Called my husband and told him how great it was working out and that I am happy. Said I want to go back tomorrow morning, but he thinks I will be too sore after today. We'll see....even if I am, I know now I CAN get through it. Even though the pain makes me feel like I am dying, I can get past it. I am so pysched!! GO ME! :P B)

#16 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:20 PM

Dear Meredith:
I am so glad that your brain surgery was succesful!!!.
Nevertheless, as you said, it must be difficult to recover from this kind of surgery and at the same time, suffer cymbalta withdrawal symptoms. Stopping cymbalta cold turkey is not that good, it´s better to wean off slowly (there are a lots of posts on this site explaining how to do it).

These are also withdrawal symptoms I´ve suffered: itchiness, headaches, nauseous.
Please check if symptoms get worse, because if they do you have two options, one is to stick to cold turkey and bear the symptoms, or go to a certain dosage of cymbalta and start weaning from there.

Please keep me updated on how you feel
hugs
Cookie

#17 Pika_Dream

Pika_Dream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:49 AM

Hello my friends! :D

Fantastic news (finally!) I just found out yesterday that I got hired for a job I really wanted. The recruiter just emailed the address, start time and contact person for me to meet up with MONDAY MORNING. This is the last weekend I am spending as an unemployed person, and I am sure that is going to be HUGE in helping me keep getting through the rest of this withdrawal (since being unemployed was probably my biggest source of stress, both financially and personally). I feel so happy!! :P

Pika

#18 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:25 PM

Fantastic news (finally!) I just found out yesterday that I got hired for a job I really wanted. The recruiter just emailed the address, start time and contact person for me to meet up with MONDAY MORNING. This is the last weekend I am spending as an unemployed person, and I am sure that is going to be HUGE in helping me keep getting through the rest of this withdrawal (since being unemployed was probably my biggest source of stress, both financially and personally). I feel so happy!! :P

Pika

Whoop! Whoop!

Congratulations. Nothing like an external boost to help the brain heal.

regards, Maureen.

#19 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:20 PM

Pika

Dear Pika!
I am SO HAPPY for you!!!!!!!!!!!
Those are great news!
Hope you enjoy your new work, and get calm financially!
hugs
Cookie

#20 Pika_Dream

Pika_Dream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:49 PM

Thank you all B)
I will keep you posted as to how I am doing with both the new job and the withdrawal. My mother in law is wanting to lose some weight like I am, and is doing the HCG diet. Since I know a few people she knows that its actually worked for (within about a month or so) I've decided I'm going to do it too and get rid of this cumbersome and unwanted 45 pounds. My husband is all for it, says he will let me get some as soon as I start bringing some money in. Things are finally looking up! :P

Pika

#21 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:05 PM

Thank you all B)
I will keep you posted as to how I am doing with both the new job and the withdrawal. My mother in law is wanting to lose some weight like I am, and is doing the HCG diet. Since I know a few people she knows that its actually worked for (within about a month or so) I've decided I'm going to do it too and get rid of this cumbersome and unwanted 45 pounds. My husband is all for it, says he will let me get some as soon as I start bringing some money in. Things are finally looking up! :P

Pika

Are you serious? Even if it was proved safe for people, those of us who are recovering from Cymbalta shouldn't be touching something like this with a ten foot pole. IF it worked, it would work with a 2000 calorie a day diet, not the 500 calories recommended. NO REPUTABLE diet assistance would recommend a daily calorie count this low. There is NO evidence to show it takes the weight from fat, and in all probability takes it from the same place most people on 500 cals a day do: muscle.

These are the possible side effects:

Negative side effects: The common side effects include headaches, mood swings, depression, blood clots, confusion, and dizziness. Some women also develop a condition called Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS); symptoms of this include pelvic pain, swelling of the hands and legs, stomach pain, weight gain, shortness of breath, diarrhea, vomiting/nausea, and/or urinating less than normal.

have a think ... please? Put the money you were going to spend on this towards something to reward yourself when you lose the weight naturally.

regards, Maureen.

#22 Pika_Dream

Pika_Dream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:53 PM

Actually, there is alot of misinformation on the internet about the HCG diet. I have done quite a bit of research. Unlike some diets that just take fat & pounds from anywhere (like fat you need, or your muscle), the HCG opens up the stored fat in the places no one wants it (like your sides and belly) so that it can be burned. Since during the 3 weeks your body is going through this process, your body is using the stored fat, you don't NEED a 2000 calorie intake, because if you keep intaking at that rate, you would just keep putting back what your body is trying to burn away. The stored fat as its used equals almost 2000 calories, so that is why you only need 500 calories of food during that time, to keep your stomach full, and help your body get used to burning calories and fat the way it is supposed to again.

After that 3 weeks, you do normal cardio / aerobic exercise regularly and eat WHATEVER YOU WANT, and the fat stays gone. I am more than willing to give that a try, believe me. There are diabetics that have even done this diet, with their doctors supervision, and found their blood sugar levels were improved even WITHOUT their medication, and that their LDL cholesterol levels went into normal ranges- all without medication. This is homeopathic, so as long as you follow the instructions and have someone with you to make sure you aren't getting sick or acting insane while your on the diet, you'll be fine.I have spent the last 2 1/2 years looking disgusting and feeling worse. If this can give me back my real body, its worth it. And there is nothing indicating anywhere that it is NOT SAFE, its just people's misconceptions of how it works. I've always been an open minded 'don't knock it until you try it' person, and this is no different. If it works, then I will be thrilled! If it doesn't work, then I will try something else. :P

Pika

#23 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:45 PM

Actually, there is alot of misinformation on the internet about the HCG diet. I have done quite a bit of research. Unlike some diets that just take fat & pounds from anywhere (like fat you need, or your muscle), the HCG opens up the stored fat in the places no one wants it (like your sides and belly) so that it can be burned. Since during the 3 weeks your body is going through this process, your body is using the stored fat, you don't NEED a 2000 calorie intake, because if you keep intaking at that rate, you would just keep putting back what your body is trying to burn away. The stored fat as its used equals almost 2000 calories, so that is why you only need 500 calories of food during that time, to keep your stomach full, and help your body get used to burning calories and fat the way it is supposed to again.

After that 3 weeks, you do normal cardio / aerobic exercise regularly and eat WHATEVER YOU WANT, and the fat stays gone. I am more than willing to give that a try, believe me. There are diabetics that have even done this diet, with their doctors supervision, and found their blood sugar levels were improved even WITHOUT their medication, and that their LDL cholesterol levels went into normal ranges- all without medication. This is homeopathic, so as long as you follow the instructions and have someone with you to make sure you aren't getting sick or acting insane while your on the diet, you'll be fine.I have spent the last 2 1/2 years looking disgusting and feeling worse. If this can give me back my real body, its worth it. And there is nothing indicating anywhere that it is NOT SAFE, its just people's misconceptions of how it works. I've always been an open minded 'don't knock it until you try it' person, and this is no different. If it works, then I will be thrilled! If it doesn't work, then I will try something else. :P

Pika

Dear Pika:
I don´t know about the HCG diet. What I do know, is that I was able to lose 30lbs in 4 months with healthy nutrition and exercise. I was eating 1400 calories a day (I do think that 500lbs is too little). You have to take into account that Depression gets worse, when we don´t give our brain all the nutrients it needs. The key to lose weight and improve mood is to change eating habits. Stop eating processed products and drinks, sugar, artificial sweeteners, reduce salt, fried food, reduce red meat intake. Eats veggies, fruits, nuts (example:flaxseed), yogurt, fish (salmon/tuna. Replace processed drinks with natural homemaid fruit juices. Soy milk is a great source of omega. Complement this with regular exercise. I am doing 40minutes of exercise 5 times a week.
If you are weaning off cymbalta it is important to stay healthy and with proper nutrition.
I´ve done homeopathy in the past, and I was advice not to take traditional medicine meds while doing homeopathy since the meds will affect the homeopathy effectiveness.

Hope this helps
Cookie

#24 krisann

krisann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationIowa
  • why_joining:
    I wish to stop taking cymbalta with the least amount of side effects possible

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:21 AM

Great news on the new job Pika!

If theres a diet plan out there I think I've tried it, including the gem my grandmother gave me years ago which alternated raw tuna one day with canned beets the next. Needless to say, I hate beets now. yeckkkk! Did low carb, lost 60 pounds... CRAVED bread the whole time. You know its not working when you find yourself trying to make 'bread' out of eggs, crushed pork rinds, and splenda so it will be low carb. ;P Weight watchers, Counting calories, low fat, etc.. etc.. etc...

In my spare time I've come up with some amusing diet ideas. Check these out!
1. Eating pictures of food only
2. Tapeworm
3. Hiring a thin person to follow you and insult you whenever you eat
4. Covering all your food in maggots before eating it
5. Chewing your food, but not swallowing it

Granted, any or all of these diet plans will likely cause severe mental issues related to food. Hence, the reason they are for amusement only.

I got to wondering: The Pros always say you have to eat XXXX amount of calories a day or your body goes into hibernation mode. So my question is, how does that explain gastric bypass? Those people barely eat any calories. And they lose a ton of weight.

Pika, please make sure that you are getting enough vitamins though. At 500 calories, it would be almost impossible to get your minimum daily requirments met.

KrisAnn

#25 Pika_Dream

Pika_Dream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:37 AM

Well, life has decided to amuse me once again....maybe to keep me on my toes? :unsure:
Showed up at the new job this morning, myself and 3 others were told we were not supposed to be there until Wednesday the 21st....we called the recruiter. Apparently they emailed him to let him know they pushed back the start date, but they sent the email yesterday, and he only works Monday through Friday so he only got it after we called him frustrated this morning wondering why they told us to leave.
So they're telling him now it is because the background checks are taking longer than usual. I was told mine was already done, now I have no clue if it is or maybe its someone else's in the group? All I know is, until the background check IS DONE and is officially considered "approved" or "satisfactory", it is not official that I have the job. So now I am back in limbo and 'possibly' having a job. :blink:

*sigh* I'm just too tired and depressed to even be surprised at this point. Guess it's just time to pray some more. God is the only one I can really count on to always be there.

:huh: Pika

#26 Jude

Jude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:29 PM

Hi Yvonne...i am so glad i read your post...it is the first time someone mentioned the extreme breathlessness....i experiance the same...had no idea it was from the poison called cymbalta....at least now i know...i just wished i never started this crap...never again....

#27 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:26 PM

Hi Yvonne...i am so glad i read your post...it is the first time someone mentioned the extreme breathlessness....i experiance the same...had no idea it was from the poison called cymbalta....at least now i know...i just wished i never started this crap...never again....

Dear Jude:
When I got to 20mg (weaning slowly from 60mg) I started getting extreme BREATHLESSNESS or SHORTNESS OF BREATH. This started last week. My lungs felt cold, and it was so hard to breath during the day. At night it was as if my brain was not giving signals to make my body breath. I do yoga, which focuses on breathing, it was hard doing the yoga class last week because of this. Misteriously the breathlessness dissapeared for 4 days, and appeared again today.
I also read Yvonne post and was relieved to know it is just a withdrawal symptom. I reported this symptom to my psychiatrist and he said the breathlessness was caused by the pollution. I have always lived in the same town, and I don´t think pollution got worse in one week.

Keep me updated!
hugs
Cookie

#28 Jude

Jude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:31 AM

Dear Jude:
When I got to 20mg (weaning slowly from 60mg) I started getting extreme BREATHLESSNESS or SHORTNESS OF BREATH. This started last week. My lungs felt cold, and it was so hard to breath during the day. At night it was as if my brain was not giving signals to make my body breath. I do yoga, which focuses on breathing, it was hard doing the yoga class last week because of this. Misteriously the breathlessness dissapeared for 4 days, and appeared again today.
I also read Yvonne post and was relieved to know it is just a withdrawal symptom. I reported this symptom to my psychiatrist and he said the breathlessness was caused by the pollution. I have always lived in the same town, and I don´t think pollution got worse in one week.

Keep me updated!
hugs
Cookie

Hi cookie,
thankyou for replying,it is sooooooooo nice to know i have a place to go where people can relate to what i am going thru.
today i just want to say...these doctors that prescribe us poisins should do a trial run themselves...let them experiance
the withdrawel symptons.bet they would'nt be so quick to dissmiss us...my newest sympton is my eyes...they get blurry at times,
and and sticky....not sure if it is withdrawels or not,but am betting it is....anyway,thanks again...will be here everyday
it is in a way uplifting..i am not alone

#29 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:51 PM

Hi cookie,
thankyou for replying,it is sooooooooo nice to know i have a place to go where people can relate to what i am going thru.
today i just want to say...these doctors that prescribe us poisins should do a trial run themselves...let them experiance
the withdrawel symptons.bet they would'nt be so quick to dissmiss us...my newest sympton is my eyes...they get blurry at times,
and and sticky....not sure if it is withdrawels or not,but am betting it is....anyway,thanks again...will be here everyday
it is in a way uplifting..i am not alone

Hey Jude:
You are definitely not alone!
About the blurry vision, I´ve had that symptom too, usually in the morning when I try to read the newspaper.
It´s so weird because breathlessness appeared last week, dissapeared from thursday to monday, and re-appeared on tuesday. Today I am very breathless.
Keep me posted!!!!
hugs
Cookie

#30 Pika_Dream

Pika_Dream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:09 PM

My breathlessness is finally gone (I'm so glad). I would have trouble trying to get up and down my stairs....I would get lightheaded and think for sure I was going to pass out. I thought at first it was because of my current issue of the extra weight this drug has caused me to gain....then realized I wasn't breathless when I was ON it....so yes, it is a withdrawal symptom. Thankfully, I believe today makes 3 weeks exactly since I have been off it, and the brain zaps seem to be gone, as is the desire to alternately scream or cry or throw things. I seem to be sort of....mellow- which is weird since I am under so much stressful frustration not knowing what might be going on with this job and if I do/don't have it. Right now, all I care about is that I am starting to feel better....the weight, the job....those things will fix themselves in time. B)
Pika

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users