4 replies to this topic

#1 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to get this toxin out of my body!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:50 PM

I have been off of 60mg Cymbalta for about two months now, mainly because I now have a crappy insurance plan and can no longer afford it. I have had no problems so far, being off of this medication (thank god!). Anyway, I have two questions. One is, I noticed that every month when I get my period, I get very emotional and irritable for about 3 days until it is over. This is something that has never happened before when I was on the medication. Has anyone else experienced this? I was also wondering if there are any known long term side affects from this medication. I have been taking the same dose (60mg) for about four years now. I know that these drugs process through the liver, has anyone heard of long term effects?? (for examply liver scarring, similar to what alcoholics have?)

I started getting terrible PMS symptoms since being on Cymbalta the past few years. I have often increased my dosage from 60 to 90mg during the week prior to my period. As I am coming down in dosage I am noticing that my mood is SO sad and irritable during the week prior to my period. But then again.......I am having a period every 2 weeks now since weaning. Talk about adding insult to injury :angry:

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:49 PM

I took cymb for 5 years. Since I started weaning I started suffering severe PMS (emotional symptoms), around the day of ovulation and the previous day of my period. When I get my period, my mood lifts and feel relieved

#3 CourtinNYC

CourtinNYC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:00 PM

Has your PMS subsided any since you have been off of the Cymbalta longer?

#4 SamuelEvan

SamuelEvan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL
  • why_joining:
    I've gone cold turkey now for 3 days and I'm in hell. Looking for tips on detoxing.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:17 PM

Liver damage is something that is going to happen when on any medicine that is processed through the liver. Same goes for kidneys. As for other effects, I have no idea. I'm sure there are a ton of them that are in fine print somewhere. :\ Companies like Lily love to hit you with the fine print and then when you try to bring something up "why didn't you read that tiny little warning down there that is barely noticeable?"

#5 Amber0401

Amber0401

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:47 AM

I know of two ppl who experience permanent pain in thier bodies as a result. Also a friend of a friends child was born with a heart defect from it. Was awarded 750k from Lillly. So it can have very bad side effects long term despite what ppl may tell u.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users