• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nic6

nic6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:01 PM

:?My name is Nicole, and I'm a 22 year old senior in colege. I recently lost my health coverage, therefore I've been coming down from numerous medications. Those include: Provigil, Buspirone, Clonazepam, Lamictal, and Cymbalta.
Cymbalta seems to be the absolute worst. I went through withdrawal last year from Zoloft (when I lost my coverage on a diff occasion),and I thought that was rough, but this seems to be 10x as bad.
My appetite is insane....(while on the lamictal stil, my appetite was decreased) but now its back like crazy. However, while on the Cymbalta, I went up to 90mg, which was needed, but it was too bad on my stomach. Coming off of it now, I'm having major stomach problems.And I still cannot gain weight back.
Seemingly worst of all is the downward spiral of my mood & feelings. And also the other physical effects dealing with headaches, vision, and vertigo. It goes on & off during the day and nothing seems to trigger it, but when I move my head, everything feels/(at times)somewhat looks scrambled and feels extremely delayed. I'm having the sweats while I'm actually freezing. There's so much more to it, but I'm not trying to write a novel.
I am wondering if anyone knows any tips for dealing with the horrible effects of withdrawing? Or has anyone had very similar effects???
PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!! Thank you for anyone whom reads this.

:o Just really don't know what to do much longer :*******(

#2 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:51 PM

How long have you been off of Cymbalta, and the other meds? Have you spoken with your doctor, because most docs have a HUGE supply of Cymbalta given them by the phara reps. You are coming off of too many things, and too fast. Any responsible doctor would do his or her best to help you with this. That is your first move.

Second please read the other threads regarding weaning from Cymbalta, as there is a ton of information that could help you there.

#3 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:02 AM

Nicole,

The downward spiral of your mood and feelings might be a result of your brain not being able to readjust to not having the Cymbalta. I did not have prescription insurance and my old doctor would give me samples of the Cymbalta when he had them.

There are a number of medications that are on the $4 list at Wal-Mart, Sam's Club (you don't have to be a member to get your prescriptions there) and Target that you can talk to your doctor about possibly switching over to to lessen the severity of the Cymbalta withdrawal. Some of those medications are older, don't affect as much of your brain chemistry as Cymbalta and may be good options for you, especially with the $4 price tag. And there may be some other $4 prescriptions to help with the weaning of your other medications.

Many of your side effects are ones that others have experienced, you are definately not alone. Don't go through suffering, a 90 mg drop to nothing on Cymbalta is not healthy for you and you have to be pretty miserable.

Do you have a campus doctor you could go and see? Will your current doctor let you go on a payment plan for a visit so that you can wean off of everything safely?

I don't know how many days you have gone without the Cymbalta but you may wish to read over stuff here in the weaning off Cymbalta section. Best to you and let us know how you are doing - my only tip is with the Cymbalta, if you have been off for over 5 days and feel terrible, don't tough it out and wait for the magic day for you to feel better, get to a doctor, walk in clinic or your campus doctor now.

https://www.cymbalta....php?f=15&t=146

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users