197 replies to this topic

#31 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:08 PM

Jeff, seriously, try heat where you hurt. It does help, and there is something soothing about it overall, and you need to feel soothed.

I hope your wife does come on and read some posts, it may help her see outside of the immediate situation for your family. You can stay strong and do this, it will get better, and know that we are all pulling for you!

#32 jeff3298

jeff3298

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNorthern California - East Bay

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:29 PM

I have been in bed most of the day, withthe blankets and comforter up to my neck and I am still cold. It hurts to lay, to sit, to stand, to move, to be still, so basically it hurts.

Do they sell BenGay in a 55 gallon drum I can just ease myself into? :?:

#33 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:37 PM

Jeff - I had a few days early into the withdrawal where I was dressed like the Michellin Man and was still cold.

Seriously, I had on three pairs of socks, long johns and flannel pants, turtleneck and three sweaters with a scarf. INSIDE.

It will not go on forever. I don't know why that was part of this, but I was colder than I had ever been for a few days.

#34 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:17 PM

I have been in bed most of the day, withthe blankets and comforter up to my neck and I am still cold. It hurts to lay, to sit, to stand, to move, to be still, so basically it hurts.

Do they sell BenGay in a 55 gallon drum I can just ease myself into? :?:

Oh Jeff, if they did, I would buy it and send it to you! It sucks to feel like you want out of your own skin, and to find no way to get comfortable. It is the drug, it is the drug!! The first few weeks off of this crap was so horrible, it does pass, it really does just keep hanging on to that thought, because you will start to feel better. I wish I could offer you a miracle right now.

#35 jeff3298

jeff3298

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:17 AM

Thanks for the encouragement, I really need it.
Today is bad, very bad.
Last night as I lay in bed with all the lights off and in so much pain, I was wondering the best way to die would be. This is painful and I feel like such a loser. One for being depressed, then for taking anitdepressants in the first place and nothing worked. Then I find Cymbalta and WOW it was wonderful. I had a my life back, it was a wonder drug, my family was happy, I was happy, I could work and smile and think and everything was wonderful. Then I started having these bad thoughts, then it all came crashing down. Today I feel hopeless, I have been down the route of so many other anti depressants that did not work. I am overwhelmed with it all. I am MAD as hell at cymbalta for doing this, mad at the company that makes it, mad at the fda for allowing this to happen to people, mad at myself, mad at my dr that prescribed this to me and not telling me, not that that would have mad any difference. I was in sucha depressed state that any warning would have been ignored most likely. I keep thinkging just go back on it and everything will be fine, I will be happy, my body will not ache, and I will be able to work. If I lost my kidney I would have to be on dialysis, if I had something else I would have to do that. I am rambleing aren't I, my brian is messed up sorry. I am so tired. Last night I had such vivid dreams, dreams of people I knew in grade school and bazarre things and even one really good business idea LOL go figure. After I got up this morning I thought about the business idea and how clear it was presented in my dream and it is actually a really great plan!

I am rambleing, I cannot go back on this cymbalta, I have to get through this. Please pray for me
Jeff

#36 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:39 PM

Jeff, I am praying for you. You are just in a very dark spot right now that WILL pass. I was there, and it scared the hell out of me. I had the same thoughts, and they just kept coming at me full speed. Now, if you can pull one good thing out of this, it is the clear thought you had for a business plan. Hang on to that. I remember that early on, even when I felt so awful, at the same time my thinking began to get more clear. It was very bizarre. I felt like hell, but I was getting my focus back. I hadn't sat and read a book or a magazine in months while on Cymbalta, and when my thoughts started to clear, I found myself reading everthing in sight. I still had these emotional roller coaster thoughts, hurt all over, but yet I was thinking again! I think for me, that was my first sign of hope that my brain was starting to heal. From that day forward, I noticed something a little more positive each day. It may have only been a very small thing, but there were clearly signs that things were turning around.

I know you have told us all to remember that it is the drug, and it IS the drug. The human brain is remarkable, it does heal itself. Sarah J pointed that out to me on many occasions, and she was right. Take that moment of clarity as a sign of healing.

You have said in previous posts that you have a plan to clear your body of toxins, and eat healthier and do whatever is within your power to feel better. That is a huge step. Keep that goal in mind, and know that we are here and we have faith that you can get through this, and we will be here to help.

#37 jeff3298

jeff3298

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:15 AM

I saw my DR yesterday and she wants me to take more Lexapro, no reason other than I am a large man. I told her I had extreme pain in my joints and she said I always had that and the cymbalta helped. If I want no joint pain I should take cymbalta. Then she really scared me with my blood test results! My tetostrone is .65 extremly low and she wants me to take steroids. Then she read a bunch of other things wrong and was so concerened she talked about putting me in the hospitla but optied to call my GP for an a ppointment in 2 weeks. I asked for a copy of my blood test, insisted actually just to have them I told her. She was reluctant but I know my rights and I got a copy. Later in the day I read the boold test, first the testostrone, which was what she said. But the rest of the test where from a year ago when I was in the hospital for a week for an infection in my leg, YIKES! She was looking at a year old report and freaking me out. A couple of thoughts, 1 is why didnt my dr a year ago tell me all about the stuff she was so concerenced about and two why could she not read that it was a year ago? Funny thing is I asked and insisted for the testostrone test, she didnt see any need for it but did it to shut me up.
So, I am really confused this morning, I took 2 seraquel last night at her recomenedation and this morning I am a zombie, space cadet and really wahacked out. My pain is unbelieveable and I am ready to give up and say they won. I am seriously condidering taking the cymbalta and to stablixze myself and wean slower. I have about 22 capsuls of cymbalta left. The pain, the brain fog, is too much, I cant take it. I was told yesterday that I was nobel in trying to go natural and heal thyself instead of dong what western medicine does and puts a bandaid on the symptom. I truely believe if given the opportunity your body can heal itself but I cannnot wait or something.I am confussed this morning, really badfly confused and ion pain., I have never been one ot take pain very well, I get depressed easy with pain. What does one do with doctors? She told me cymbalta helpd my jopint pain, not caused it. She wants me to up my seraqueal and lexapro also and start a steroid and who knows what all else.

I need to go lay down and sleep and rest , it hurts too much to even type, my fingers feel like sausages and everthing hurts, and ears are ringing, my eyes even hurt to move them around.
J

#38 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:57 AM

Jeff, first, do you have trust in this doctor? Before all of the withdrawal symptoms, did you trust her? If so, you may want to have your wife weigh in on some of this, to help you make the decision. If you didn't trust her before, can you ask friends for a referral to someone else?

I can't presume to tell you whether or not to take Cymbalta again. You have to look at your overall health, or have someone that you trust to so, and help you decide what to do. I can tell you that it got better for me, and I would think it may get better for you, knowing that you have to go through some difficult times. But, and this is a really big BUT, if you have health issues, and feel like you need help, then you have to make that decision. It doesn't make you weak, it means you are strong enough to know you need help. For today, it may be that upping the Lexapro would help, but you need to make the best choice for you and your mental and physical health.

Regardless of what you do, we will still be here to help you.

#39 jeff3298

jeff3298

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:56 PM

Wednesday night was bad and I ended up taking 30mg of Cymbalta and have on Thursday and Friday along with the 10mg of Lexapro. I will need to taper slower. I will take the Cymbalta at 30mg until I feel more stable in a few days then start the taper. I went to work on Thursday and today and feel much better.
I do not trust my Physiatrist or any medical doctor for that matter. Actually trust is not the right word, they do there jobs well, putting a band aid on the symptoms and covering up the problem with drugs. I went to my Chiropractor and talked to him, showed him the blood test and the meds I was on. He looked them all up, his comment was "they are trying to kill you" He urged me to do whatever I needed to to get off these meds and get whole foods and exercise and homeopathic help as well.
Last night I did not take any Seroquel and could not fall asleep until about 3am and got up at 6am. I am very tired and want to take a nap but I am afraid I wont be able to sleep tonight.
I feel better today, alive at least, I have some joint pain, mainly in my rt knee. I am taking a bucket load of vitamins and herbs and supplements and lots of water.
I am one of those all or nothing want it now people, well Cymbalta beat me down on that one. I need to take it much slower during this last phase of taper. I wanted to die Monday night, Tuesday night and Wednesday I was in another planet.
I thought at times is it worth getting off Cymbalta? yes it is, there is so much they( the drug companies and FDA) are not telling us about this drug it is scary. My wife doesn't understand why I cant just ask you all how long it last or what exactly are the symptoms etc. I tell her each one is different and she cannot get that. I feel alone in this battle along with you all on this website. Thanks for being here and reading my rambling post.

Remember it is not you, it is the drug! I am going to have that tattooed on my forehead right after I write the movie script!

I will beat this and so will you
Blessings
Jeff

#40 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 10:29 PM

Jeff, I am so glad that you posted an update! I was getting very worried about you. I'm glad that taking the Cymbalta has made you feel stable again, and I think you are right, a very slow taper is your best bet. It sounds like the Chiropractor is listening to you, and has some ideas too.

It would be nice if we could say, "this will be over in 38 days". Nice and clean. But, it doesn't work that way, because each of our brain chemistries are so different. I guess that answer is, it will take as long as it takes. The point is to do it with as little discomfort and risk to your overall health. I wish our families could understand, but unless they go through this, they can't, and we sure don't want them to go through it. So, know that we are all here for each other, and will do what we can to provide support, especially during the darkest times.

Please keep updating, I'm thinking of you!

#41 jeff3298

jeff3298

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 09:51 PM

Well I am off Lexapro and now ready to start my 30mg down taper. I saw somewhere on this website a schedule to take out so many granuels for so many days etc. Where is that? I am doing pretty good on just 30mg of Cymbnalta and taking a bucket load of supplements twice a day, I counted 25 tablets/capsules of supplements I take twice a day. I have been much better since started on the supplements.
Going from 30 to sero was not doable for me, it was pretty ugly. Now I am stable and ready for the slowwwwww taper of Cymbalta.

Thanks everyone
Jeff

#42 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:25 PM

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=55&p=418&hilit=catherine+s#p418

Jeff, here is the link to Catherine's taper schedule. I'm glad you are going at it slowly. I've been wondering how you are doing, so thanks for posting.

#43 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:19 AM

The Dr. and the Counceler didn't find out I had quit until my next visit 3 weeks later.... neither had heard of the withdrawl symptoms, nor any situations of having these symptoms while STILL ON THE MED (So far in my research i've yet to find this reaction either, but I don't do serotonin modification very well.)

Luckily the Psych Doc desided to listen to me and did not prescribe a replacement until he knows more about my body chemistry and pain issues and the counceler is seeing me more often now, about every two weeks. Being unemployed and not receiving any finantial assistance the only health clinic has not seen me yet for bloodwork or medical evaluation... Processes take time when you're finacially out of the loop.

Anyways..... going back on Cymbalta and weening off it "properly" is out of the question, I never felt "better" while taking it. All the suppliments and special foods others have used and are using with good results I can't afford to buy..... and taking a different Psych med? I don't think so!

Hey there Greybeard, so sorry that you are in this situation. There are many older posts where people did have withdrawal symptoms while on the drug, which ultimately lead them to want off. I don't think to the point that you experienced, but you aren't alone in that one.

Did you try to take Benadryl to help with some of your withdrawal symptoms? You can get the generic "diphenhydramine" at Sams Club for about $2.50 for 300 tablets or Wal Mart has the generic at a very reasonable price as well. The generic of Benadryl works as well as the brand name.

I know that you are not into taking anything else, been there and totally understand that. And I think that if you get off on your own successfully, that is the best way. Sams and Wal Mart and I think Target, there are many medications that are on the $4/month list. And at Sams, you do not need to be a member to get prescriptions there. So, if you have that list next time you see your doctors, you can ask that they find something on the list that would work for you. Link to the $4 prescription list:
http://www.walmart.c....gsp?cat=546834

Sorry that your dreams are vivid. But, even though you said they are "bad" in content, try to see this as a positive thing. Your brain chemistry is working to readjust while you are sleeping. Another thing that happens that is strange is when you start to remember really old memories, like they happened five minutes ago. Again, this is a very good sign that your brain chemistry is "healing" and starting to work on its own again.

Have there been any antidepressant medications that you took in the past that you had some success with that did not put you into withdrawal when you stopped them? Again, I know that you don't want to take anything, but I am one of the people that had great benefit from going on an SSRI and weaning off of that. Been off that now for almost 3 weeks - hardly any withdrawal from that at all.

Best wishes to you that you are already on your way to healing on your own and feel better by the time you read this. Hope you get in to get your bloodwork done soon and that your clinic and docs can find a solution that is reasonable to help you through this quickly.

Best I can tell from your post, you have been off cold turkey for about a month? Hang in there, for many people, that is their turning point. Be strong. Look forward to hearing how you are doing. Try to relax as much as possible and also try to keep your blood sugars level, I found that when I did not eat properly, the rage and emotional swings went more out of control.

#44 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:54 AM

Greybeard, I was on Effexor XR, which is similar to Cymbalta, and began having withdrawal while on it. Mainly it was the brain zaps. So, since I also have a chronic pain condition, it was determined that I switch to Cymbalta. It SEEMED to work fine, for about 9 months, although looking back, my depression really worsened, as I slept most days about 18 hours per day, or had insomnia for days on end. I rarely left my house, avoided all social situations, and became basically reclusive. Then, while still on it, I again began to get the brain zaps, so we upped my dose to 90 mg. That lasted about 6 weeks. I'm not sure what caused me to take a look at myself, but I realized that I was still feeling horrid, the zaps were starting to come back, and I knew that there was NO WAY I was going to go up to 120 mg. I do understand what you mean about withdrawal while taking it.

Once I stopped, my dreams became so vivid that I was afraid to sleep, I was having auditory hallucinations, (best way to describe it) hearing loud slamming noises which would make me jump, but noticed that the dog wasn't barking, so it was indeed in my head.

Now, the pain. My condition causes severe daily headaches, with neck and shoulder pain. Since coming off of this, my pain is far worse than it ever was, and I hurt in places that didn't hurt before. You mentioned your hands, and mine have been so painful lately, that I'm wondering if I didn't somehow acquire fibromyalgia or something.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I can relate to what you are saying. You've read the other posts, and it seems your choices are limited. My brain fog did begin to clear, and for the most part, my emotions feel more stable. I hope you and the docs can figure something out that will work. I understand your not wanting to try another drug, but the one dose of Prozac has worked for some people, and it would seem that your docs could give you a sample. But, I don't want to be pushy, just another thought here.

Best of luck, and keep us posted, and feel free to vent whenever you need to.

#45 sarah1

sarah1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:06 PM

I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD BE SEEKING OUT HELP LIKE THIS. I just got off cymbalta last week. I have popped off to my kids, I AM SO lonely and miserable. WHAT HELPS? I am just crying and crying. Yesterday I almost started crying just talking to my daughters boyfriend. I bet he thinks Im a basket case. I feel like a basket case. I hate cymbalta...I have gained 60lb from being on it. Nothing bothered me. I lost touch with me.........What are brain shocks.......I know I need help................

#46 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:04 PM

I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD BE SEEKING OUT HELP LIKE THIS. I just got off cymbalta last week. I have popped off to my kids, I AM SO lonely and miserable. WHAT HELPS? I am just crying and crying. Yesterday I almost started crying just talking to my daughters boyfriend. I bet he thinks Im a basket case. I feel like a basket case. I hate cymbalta...I have gained 60lb from being on it. Nothing bothered me. I lost touch with me.........What are brain shocks.......I know I need help................

sarah1 - If you have been off a week and are asking what brain shocks are hopefully you won't get them! Not everybody does. Brain zaps/shocks are different sensations in your head, can feel like a jolt/shock/zap of electricity. Again, doesn't happen to everybody, just some people, hopefully not you!

Like Greybeard said, if you went cold turkey, you might want to get with your doctor about this, if they aren't in on it already. Tell your family that you have stopped taking Cymbalta so they can watch over and help you. Don't go there alone.

How long were you taking it? From what dose did you go down from? You will get better and you will get through this, hang on and have faith!

#47 wendydemora

wendydemora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:26 PM

Ihave a question for any body coming off cymbalta. It has been 3 weeks cold turkey, Istill feel pretty crappy, but my mind is so much clearer.I cant believe how timid and how clouded my mind was . for 2 years not only was i sick all the time i let this drug completely alter my way of thinking. Now i no why my husband thought i had a better mood . Because i ate shit.Well that all came to a end real quick. I know that one of the side effects of withdrawels is anger,but i will take that over eating shit any day.This drug is almost like i was brain washed. pretty scarry.hey if it takes no cymbalta and a divorce so be it.All i know is my mind is much clearer and it feels great. So every one getting off this garbage believe me its worth it.

#48 jeff3298

jeff3298

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:04 PM

Good evening everyone,

Hang in there everyone, we are stronger together than as one, much like a rope versus a string.

I am stable now but still taking 30 mg of Killbalta. (opps, did I misspell that, oh gee.) I hate this drug, like the title of this post IT HAS TO STOP can be taken many way, it has to stop being prescribed, the pain it is causing, it has to stop, the lies the mfg tells, it has to stop, the things the mfg are not telling us, it has to stop!!!! I could go on and on.

I am planning on dropping my dosage tomorrow, taking out pellets for about 5 days, then another drop. I am afraid of what could be coming yet I am afraid to stay where I am at. I have been snapping and the anger is there and pops up so fast it is scary. I am deep breathing more when stress hits.

I picked up some supplements for joint pain, my knee especially hurts, never did before. All my joints ache, my dr said it was not the meds, that cymbalta helps the pain LOL.

I have been fortunate this round not to have any zaps like I did before or the brain shakes.

I am praying for all of you and thankful Ken design this website for all of us. Ken you have helped so many people I thank you.

I keep forgetting to get some Benadryl to have on hand just in case I need it. I am taking it slow, slower than I want but I am so afraid of what this Killbalta can do that I need to out smart it.

Keep hanging on everyone, remember it is not you that is going crazy, it is the drug, the drug has caused this and the amazing human body will rebuild. Did you know that you have new blood every so many months, new skin, new bone, a whole new you is rebuilt about a two year cycle. It take two years for every cell in your body to rebuild and be new. In two years you a re a new person if you change today. Change the junk food, the chemicals, the additives, the poisons, the pollution we put into our body. I am the first in line here putting junk into this amazing body, the chemicals, all of it. About the only thing I don’t do is drink and do illegal drugs and smoke. Two years goes by so fast, look back and it was a blink.

Ok I am done preaching and I will get off my soap box, at least I am not screaming at the FDA tonight, that is later in the week LOL!!!

there is hope, there is life after Cymbalta, you can do it, I can do it, we all can do it, God made you and He knows and He cares, He is with all of us. Don't blame Him please, he is our only hope.

Blessing to all and keep the faith!!
Jeff ;)

#49 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:58 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Jeff,too. I have not blamed God, but yet, I have ignored Him, while I have been at my very low points. It seems when I want to be isolated, I include God,too and that is not the way to be. I am kinda blah this morning, so I am not offering much help, but do know you are in my prayers.

#50 jeff3298

jeff3298

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:24 PM

It is amazing, I took approx 20mg this morning and already I cen feel the joints and head going "hey, did you forget something!" My head hurts, my joints are not working and swollen it feels like, pain oh yes pain in the joints and I am taking 3 alieve too and the pain just laughs at the Alieve.

It is mid afternoon, 3:11pm and I usually take my cymbalta at 7:30a.m. each morning. This pain started about noonish, 3 hours ago. My head is foggy, kinda like a out of body experience looking in but it is very faint for now. I am also really hot, dripping wet and it is really cool in the office with the AC on.

Going from 30mg to 20mg I didnt think would be much of a difference but maybe I was wrong. I went from 90-60-30 fairly well, 5 days at each level but I was also on Lexapro at the time, that may have made a difference.

Well I will keep checking in.

Blessings to you all, keep the faith, for you and for me.

Jeff

#51 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:54 PM

Jeff, I'm keeping the faith for you for sure! Keep saying your mantra, it is not you, it is the drug! I also like your new name for it; Killbalta! Perfect!

#52 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:42 PM

Hi Jeff. Got your reply under the other subject. Thank you for leading me to this one. It is helpful, but still not finding all of my answers.

Just some history about my rollercoaster. Attempted suicide (came VERY close to accomplishing the task) at 19 when my now grown son was only a couple of months old. Then seemed ok for years-not great but ok, functional. Went without any meds or psych help. Should have had the help. Ruined 10 year marriage to wonderful guy (who he himself committed suicide 3 years ago).

Went bonkers after death of my beloved dad in 1997. Was put on anxiety meds. Still no one saw the need for anti-depressents. Had a severe breakdown about 2002 at work, police came, put me in restraints, sent me to hospital. Went to counseling, but still nothing with the depression.

Finally decided enough was enough. Found a psych who over the course of the last 3 years has had me on aprox. 7 different meds alone, together, mixed up, upside down, every which way but loose. Nothing worked. All right! Cymbalta! The cure all for depression! Then after about 6 months on it find myself dragged out of my house kicking and screaming the whole way by the police again, thrown in an ambulance, taken to hospital, and released less then 24 hrs later. 1 week later I check myself in-want to hurt me or someone else. 72 hours of crap at hospital. Get released. Go home and start throwing stuff away. Good bye Cymbalta!!! Haven't looked back. But in correlation to that now suffer from extreme muscle and joint pain and few other minor issues. Now that I have no job, no money, no nothing-oh wait I have my sanity back-the damn psych won't return calls just because I am trying to figure out if stopping Cymbalta has to do with the physical discomfort and pain. What a jerk he is!

So there is hope for all of you on this evil chemical that our doctors are putting in our bodies and poisining us with. To everyone---------HANG IN THERE, THERE IS LIGHT AT THE END OF THE ROLLER COASTER, MIND BOGGLING TUNNEL. ;)

#53 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:59 PM

Anyone with joint/muscle pain look into something natural/herbal. I am using what is called Fibro-Response. It can be found at vitamin stores or on line at www.sourcenaturals.com. No side effects at all, and what can be better than natural?

Mary

#54 jeff3298

jeff3298

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:58 PM

second day of 20mg of Killbalta and I am feeling spacey, heavy chest, pounding/racing heart, hard time focusing on doing anything. I feel really detatched from everything, I cannot describe it but it is not cool, not fun, not nice. I feel like I want to cry but I cant, I want to burst with emotion but I cant, never have been while on any anti depressant.
It is not you, it is the drug!!!
I had a real rough night sleeping or lack of, I had bad bad graphic dreams again, very disturbing dreams. I usually sleep hard and do not wake until my alarm goes off. I have sleep apnia and use amachaine and I am out for the count usually. I am not used to having dreams and never have nightmares until starting to go off this stuff. I do not like bad dreams, heck even good dreams I am not used to or comfortable with.

It is not you, it is the drug!!!

Jeff

#55 jeff3298

jeff3298

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:00 PM

I guess I am getting used to all the pain, I didnt even mention the joint pain at about a 8 on the pain scale.
Jeff

#56 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:01 PM

Jeff, forgive my memory, but is there some reason you aren't taking Lexapro now? Do you think it would help to go back on it until you are weaned off?

It is not you, it is the drug.

#57 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:33 PM

Last night absolutely sucked! Up until 3 am in pain and hotter then, well you know the place. I finally fell asleep out of shear exhaustion for a whole 3 hours. I posted somewhere that I refused to take prescription pain killers. Well guess what? The pain killers won out, damn it. But at least I have some relief. I HATE THIS!!! The pain killers only work for a couple of hours. But tonight when I was laying on my couch watching the boob tube, my cat who is always welcome to jump up and join me laid down along my side with his weight on my hip. Even that hurt. Bless his and his brothers little kitty hearts. Can't even get down on the floor anymore to play with them cause it is hell trying to get back up. I am so angry that my whole way of life is changing. It isn't fair............ :x

#58 jeff3298

jeff3298

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:36 PM

Mk
I understand, we all do. I hate this too, it is not fair but it is what it is and we have to beat it somehow. I too gave in some last night and took a lexapro and again this morning. It helped the foggy some but the pain is outrageous and I had a brain zap this morning around 10am. It felt like someone was twisting and tugging on my brain, kinda like a muscle twitch but it hurt. Lasted about 10 seconds. I went and bought some benadrhyl and took two and went home and laid down for a while, could not sleep but was dozy. It has helped the fuzzy foggy feeling some. I am restless and yet I hurt to move. Even typing on thes keyboard hurts and I feel it go from my finger tips to my shoulder with each key stroke.
I want to stay with the 20mg as long as I can hold out and not go back up like my body wants me too. I just keep thinking it will pass, I am over this hump. Soon maybe. Everyon ekeeps asking how long, what are all the symptoms, what can be done? I have little answers. I have tken too much pain killers because my stomach is yuk now and I cant even think of taking anything, nausea yuk.

Well thats it for me, I need to go rest as best as I can.

We need to hang in there, keep going, someday this too shall pass.
Remember it is not you , it is the drug

Blessings
Jeff

#59 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:16 AM

:D Hi my new friends. I just want to share with you that other than this dreadfull pain...........I am having normal, healthy emotions again! And I love it! I have laughed at silly things like my cats anticks, and have shed heartfelt quiet tears listening to beautiful music and watching a touching episode of a tv show. :P And the feelings aren't those of someone who is locked up in her brain from depression or horrid drugs, but someone who has real honest to God feelings that He ment for all of us to have. I love it. Good night all. God Bless you. ;)

Mary in beautiful Denver

#60 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:13 AM

Good morning Mary,
Forgive me for not knowing exactly what you are taking or were taking, as far as medications. I did read where you had a bad night and then read where you felt you were back to normal. I know how excited you are to have that wonderful day, where your smile and laugh was not forced, it was genuine and came from your heart. That is one of the best feelings in the world!!
I am not here to discourage you, but I do want you to know if you are feeling anything like I am, that you MAY have other rough days and I dont want you to be discouraged. That is why its so important for me to hang on to my good days, my good feelings. A couple of Saturdays ago, I was rushing home to write on another website (Cymbalta withdrawal) that I had been healed!!! I had had a wonderful day, no brain zaps, was singing on the way home with the radio....but I did a few other things first, before I sat down to write about it. Before I had the chance to write about it, I had a full blown temper tantrum over nothing!! Cherish your good times and try and be prepared for unexpected melt downs. Best wishes to you, Mary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users