#61 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:52 AM

Hi Lori. Thank you for your response and no you did not discourage me. I've actually been mentally clear starting just a short time after kicking Cymbalta to the curb which I had been on since July of last year. But the "real" emotions I am back to hadn't returned until yesterday. I am sure you know what I mean by "real" emotions. I've been on countless anti-depressent in past 3 years with quack psych. And most of them, and I think Cymbalta being one, leave you emotionless or overly emotional. What I am starting to feel again is what I use to feel during the best times in my life which did not include depression and meds for them. Yep, I know I may have days that I may think that I am going backwards, but I don't think so. It's like yesterday my bank pissed me off sooo bad and the drugged me would have gone off on them with a huge temper flare up. But that didn't happen. I was calm and everything was in check. I've not had one single temper tantrum since going off of med. And I plan on keeping it that way. ;)

#62 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:32 AM

He doubled your dose? Is HE crazy? ;) Numb in good? They might as well take all of us, drill a hole in our forehead, stick a sharp instrument in the hole and scramble our brains around a little, that is if "numb" is good. Numb is bad. Humans were made to have emotions, not to be numb. And to actually say the Cymbalta can't be causing the pain is insane for himself to tell you. It's a pain reliever? Maybe for some, but it wasn't for me or so many of us on this board. Did you suggest that he try taking this medicine himself and see how he does? If he thinks numb is good, then let him be numb.

#63 jeff3298

jeff3298

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNorthern California - East Bay

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:45 AM

Morning everyone,
I wish i could handle cold turkey but this kilbalta has me in its grip. I am in so much pain I can hardly walk or move, my head is going to explode. I am crashing and burning it feels like. I called into work again today and I am at home. It hurts to lay down, it hurts to sit or stand, it hurts to type. I guess I am one of those that needs to take one pellet out at a time and taper in minute increments. I cannot do this at this pace. I have never felt so defeated in my life, so powerless, so useless, so helpless and hopeless. I know it is not me and it is the drug. I do not know what to do but to go back to 30mg and take a few pellets out like on cahterines slow taper schedule, I am just afraid that even that may not work, why am I stuck at 30mg. I do not have the ability to get through this and miss work and being able to function in life, I have life and it must go on, I cannot do this like this. I am overwhelmed with pain and confusion
J

#64 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 01 May 2008 - 01:16 PM

Ahh Jeff. You will be ok. I know it is hard to believe at times, but you will be. Bless your heart. I know you have seen the things I have posted, maybe some can be incouraging. I was on "the drug" for 9 months. I think my first post I said 7, but it was 9. I went cold turkey after second mental health hold, and haven't looked back. I am lucky in the fact that I didn't have to many issues with the mental withdrawal aspect, maybe just brain zaps and a little scared as to what was going to happen. It has been just about a month now and mentally I am feeling better than I have in a very long time. Physically, well that is a whole other thing. Pain is so bad most of the time that I can't brush my hair, pull a t-shirt either off or on because that means having to raise my arms. Calve and back of upper legs so bad that it is hard to walk, and climb stairs to where my bedroom and shower are. Joints and muscles both bad. Thinking I may need to either sell (yeh right-2 years ago house was worth 125,000 and now has dropped to about 75,000 due to economy) or rent house out and rent a bottom floor, single level, apartment. I take a Vicoden mid morning each day so that I can funtion enough to do what I need to, then a percoset about an hour before bed so that I don't wake up in middle of night in pain. But the routine is helping. I am going to visit my sister-in-law who has MS and get advice as to how she gets through the day. Well, she has my brother to help her so much and he is a true blessing to her. I lost my job February 22 due to absences because of Cymbalta. Now am afraid to try and find new job for fear of not handling it because of the pain. I don't know. Yes, I do know. My mind is clear and I am going to fight the physical pain the best I can. Will just have to readjust life style.

Jeff, you CAN do it! I don't know you, but I do know you can make it, just as I know I will make it. Keep fighting, keep telling yourself you can do it, and tell yourself it's not you, it's the evil med that put you where you are. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!! GO JEFF!!! HURRAH!!!

Take care.

Mary ;)

#65 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:01 PM

My heart just breaks reading these posts, as does my anger boil!!! I realize researching something before we ingest it, is a smart thing to do, but when we are hurting, whether it be physically, mentally or emotionally, we trusts our doctors to help us. We sit, we cry we tell them what is going on then they prescribe us poison. I hear those who have emotional pain, feel like they can conquer the physical pain, and the ones who have the physical pain trying to conquer the emotional pain. God help the ones who have both. My prayers are with you. I do not have much pain except old age joint pain. I hurt terribly when I first went off the Cymbalta. I hurt in muscles that I did not know I had. That has subsided as has most of my brain zaps. I still get a few zaps here and there.....Cymbalta whispering to me that it still has a hold on me.....sometimes that makes me angry. My biggest thing right now is anxiety. As soon as my boyfriend leaves the house, my chest becomes so heavy I feel its almost unbearable. I feel my neck and face getting hot. I get angry because I have no reason to feel this way. He poured his heart out to me today, telling me how much it hurt for me to fear him cheating when he prides himself in being a good man, the kind of man he wished his Mama would have known before she passed away. Well, I have talked about this misery enough. I dont even think I am afraid of him cheating, I think I am just angry. But I dont know why. Like my Mama said, it may be because he has a life, with his friends and job, and I lost my job, and fear leaving the house most days. I get confused in public places. I feel disoriented. It took me an hour to pick up a few things at the Piggly Wiggly.... ;) Yea, I am in the south. I was just picking something to cook for supper and a few odds and ends......I walked those isles and walked those isles trying to figure out what the heck I was trying to find!!! When I left there I was nearly in tears.

Right now, I am still recovering, and do not feel I have much encouragement for others, so as I have said before, I pray for you, God knows how I pray for all of you. Even you, Sarah J, who mentioned something about having meetings to go to, one day.....OH HOW I WAS JEALOUS!!!! :oops: Not really jealous, but the thought did cross my mind if I was ever going to be able to hold down a job again. I am proud of you Sara J, for being so strong.....even when you did not feel like you were.

Hang in there, everyone. Please hang in there. We have family, friends, and people who depend on us, even 4 legged friends who need us....we have to pull through this, for ourselves and for them.

#66 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 02 May 2008 - 12:26 AM

Dumb question. Having new experience. Intense itching all over my body :x . Is this another side effect of withdrawal? I don't have allergies, I haven't change soap or lotion (plus I'm itching where lotions don't go ;) ). I finally just now took Benadryl to see if it will help.

Well, that's enough. Got to go scratch.......

#67 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:57 AM

Wow, what a yuckie night. Yep took the benedryl and it did nothing at all. And you know that old fashion foot soak stuff for itchy, tired feet called I think Johnson's Soap. Says you can soak your whole body in it. Did that at 2am. Nothing. Plus pain that even pain pill wouldn't take edge off. Here I am almost 3-1/2 hours later. UGH. Going to have some coffee (relaxes me of all stuff), another cig and try some more sleep. And now that you mention it I did have my wash done at the laundry mat cause my flipping washer broke. CRAP! Probably have bugs in my laundry ;) .

#68 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 08:33 AM

I am sorry you had a rough night with itching, Mary. I asked the same thing somewhere on here. My back was itching all the time. I was always itching and scratching but it seems to have subsided and does no itch like it did. It could be a side effect....I think my hair needing a new root touch up is a side effect of the Cymbalta too. ;)

#69 jeff3298

jeff3298

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNorthern California - East Bay

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:39 PM

Hi everyone
Thanks for all the encouragement.
I had to go back to the 30mg level for now. I could not handle 20mg. I think it was Wednesday night I took a 30mg on top of the 20mg I did in the morning, I didn't care at that point. I took a again 30mg today. It is amazing how fast it kicks in.

I am going to get stable at this level for a few days and then start the real slow taper that Catherine had posted. I may even go slower and hold each level for a few days. I cannot get past the 4th day it seems like. I cannot miss any more work, my boos is being really patient with me but that only goes so long. I have only County insurance and that even cost me a ton of money. I have a $3000 a month deductable, ya $3k. It is for major medical emergency use only I guess. I thought my pshyc appointments and meds were covered until I just got a bill for the last two years at $2K. Yahoo! You would not believe the things coming at me that are pushing me. This is the priority though, I have to stop this Kilbalta in my body, then I take care of the rest of me.

I am discouraged, depressed, and still hurting (not as bad but still hurting) I want to cry, I need to cry but the drug keep that from happening. I went into a road rage this morning for no reason, I just snapped. I started screaming and yelling and the other car was already gone, far gone. I was just screaming to nobody. I am not like that and I don't like that.

My wife says I need to take the taper at smaller increments over a longer period of time, thats what I will try next.

If you are one that can go cold turkey, blessings to you. If you cant, find someway of getting off this medication I beg you. See what it is doing to me and the others on this forum. This seems to be more than addictive, it owns you, bought and sold and tossed the recipt and tossed the key with it.

Get off it asap

Jeff

#70 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:40 PM

Lori Dear. Is that why my hair is grey :cry: ? I just thought it was cause I'm old. Didn't think about it being the evil drug. Think I'll go get my hair done :) . I'll have to let my stylist know that. My hair looks like hell. No it's like I got to a point where I didn't care how I looked. I'm beginning to care again. I'm just a youngster at 51. I lost one of my upper front teeth too along with my pretty hair. I think that's cause of the evil drug too. Think I'll add a tooth implant to beuty regimine (?). I'M COMING OUT LA LA LA LA LA LA LA! Look out Denver, I'm back in town! Ok, my mind is back in town. It was lost for quite sometime. But I found it. HURRAH!! :D

Love to all! Good night.....

#71 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:22 AM

Yep, Mary, thats all of your problems! Cymbalta...LOL your hair, your teeth, etc.....one might start to wonder, huh? But we will lick this thing. We continue to tell God how big our storm is, but we fail to tell our storm how big our God is......I am ashamed. I hope you are blessed this day...as I continue to hang on to what sanity I have, my day has been blessed too. Best wishes to EVERYONE!! Hang in there, please!! Our families need us. We need us.

#72 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:29 PM

Lord, oh Lord, I am having a terrible time of things today. I feel like this almost uncontrollable rage inside of me that is busting to come out and I'm trying to keep in check. I am so angry at my son. He lives about 7 minutes from me and do you know the last he bothered to come and see me? 3 weeks ago!!!! Yesterday he calls and asks how I'm doing and I told him not well (A LOT OF PAIN YESTERDAY ALL DAY!), and he said, oh ok, well take it easy. Then he was supposed to come this afternoon and didn't come by, didn't call-nothing.....So I don't know if what I am feeling is just because of him or what. I don't know. I want it to stop. I'm not even "talking" to my cats today and they are my rock. Yeh, my cats, not my kid, but my cats!

I'm depressed, having anxiety, can't sit still, shaking, pissed off at the whole f------ world, want to run away and hide forever. Want to find a rock to climb under and not come out. Been 3 weeks since going cold turkey from Cymbalta, and haven't felt this bad mentally since the day I threw them out. Feel like going to hospital and telling them I'm in extreme pain so that I can get something good in an IV and just drift to sleep. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL TO DO!

#73 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:28 PM

You know, it amazes me. Yesterday was uneventful, but alot of pain. Woke up today pain free (which happens from time to time), but now, tonight, hurt like hell probably because of the mental tension today.

I spoke with my dearest oldest brother. And he gave me some insight into drug withdrawal, as he went through it with his son. His son was a Meth addict (as was my former daughter in law), and he explained that what I am going through is really no different than any drug withdrawal. Good days/bad days. Pain Free/Not Pain Free. Emotional roller coaster. He said it will take a long time after being on drugs for so long because it stays in your body for so long. He told to try my damnest not to let myself get so down about situations I have no control over. And he sad my son is my son. That I can't force him to be around for me when I need him. He said everyone shows there care and concern in different ways, and that maybe just maybe my son is scared for me, thus scared for himself.

I'm going to go take that epsom salt soak now, with a little perfume. No sound anywhere. Only lights will be from my bedroom. My perfume is oil based. Not cheap stuff and haven't worn it in so long because I had quit careing about my looks and if I smelled yummy. But it may just be a little added something that will help me remember those days when I did care.

Oh God, I am crying like a baby. Maybe another good release........

#74 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:54 PM

Gosh, Mary, I am so sorry you are having a bad day. I can not offer any more advice than what Greybeard did, and I think he offered more than I would have...LOL I am impressed, Greybeard!
People do handle things in different ways. My 26 year old daughter is my best friend, we count on each other and we are there for each other...BUT when I am talking crazy, if my boyfriend calls her to check on me when he is working she freezes. She cant cope. She will normally get her sister-in-law that lives next door to me, to check on me. My daughter lives within walking distance but she is terrified of what she may find. She just can not deal with loosing me and if there is the slightest inclination that I may have harmed myself, she will NOT check on me herself. LOL Selfish little brat.....JUST KIDDING!!! I love that girl so much and she loves me too. She has become a prayer warrior and I am so proud of her and I know she and her church prays hard for me.
Mary, maybe he is afraid. He is just as afaid of who you have become during this time as you are. The anger we feel is frightening. We tend to take it out on the one we love most and thats not fair. But I dont see the point in choking to death a bottle of Cymbalta....just alittle humor for you. But its frightening not to know what to do with the anger. The anger gets so bad that we can not focus on doing something constructive. It saddens me that my boyfriend does not know what I am going to do next. Twice this weekend I have slapped his ashtray off his end table, with a lite cigarette in the ashtray....let him worry about the burn marks wherever it landed, what do I care, I am going to my bed. We can tell ourselves all day long its the medication, we can scream it to our family members......BUT IT IS STILL NOT FAIR!!! They nor do we deserve this!! This is insane behavior!!! God bless my boyfriends heart, he hit rock bottom this weekend, as did our relationship. We are still hanging in there but it is strained. I am ok with that, sad, but ok. His larger than most shoulders may be able to carry the weight of the word, but his heart was not ready for this.
I hope that bath is soaking the weight of this crap right down the drain, tonight, Mary. I have told my Mama many times this month that I am going to go take a bath and soak this bitch away from here!! I will be going to bed in a few minutes and I will pray for all of us. Stay in contact with your older brother Mary. Hang in there and do not loose sight of your goal, to beat Cymbalta. Just remember, God is larger than our problems.

#75 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:05 AM

You know what is so funny. My hubbie spent about half of our marriage begging me to get help, get therapy, get some kind of drugs, and I refused the drugs. Wasn't that bad. If only he could have looked in a mirror and seen it wasn't just me. And guess who goes and kills himself? The hubby. Selfish ass bastard. Then I go on medication and think about harming myself. Yeh, drugs did me alot of good, dear hubby. I don't even know if he was on meds-I don't think so. Just shot himself. Blam!!! Ok one blam! Sick humor.

Son probably scared. You're right, maybe. Lost his dad to suicide, and almost his mom.

#76 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:07 AM

I am sorry Mary, to hear of what your husband did. I have a friend who is still dealing with the suicide of her boyfriend from 2 years ago. I just cant imagine what that did to you and your precious son. You are probably right, he is afraid.

#77 Jinx_kittykat

Jinx_kittykat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:40 AM

Hi guys. Im brand new here & just found you by browsing the withdrawal effects of this horrible stuff. Ive been taking Cymbalta now for three years. It stopped working a long time ago and since ive only continued taking it to avoid withdrawals. I take the 60mg and if i go more than 30 or so hours without a dose the "brain zaps" start. Ive been trying to explain this strange, electric sensation to my Dr. & my boyfriend for forever & am relieved that im not alone & its been given a name. Ive tried to drop down to a 30mg dose with no avail, the "brain zaps" start immediately, not to mention I become a lunatic. I guess im here because im really scared. Ive read that these symptoms can last for up to 3 months. Im not adverse to taking an opiate or benzodiazapine to curb the withdrawal. I really need some advice & encouragement. By the way, i feel really misled, im sure im not alone. Has anyone looked into starting a class-action suit against Eli Lilly?

#78 Jinx_kittykat

Jinx_kittykat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:43 AM

sorry wrong place :lol:

#79 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:33 AM

There is a posting sight somewhere on here regarding pending court cases against Eli-Lilly but do not know that it has to do with Cymbalta. Could be about Effexor. Not sure.
Also, to let you know, I too am having to use pain pills to get me threw the physical side of withdrawal from SIN-balta. Just hope that I don't get hooked on them. I'm careful about sticking with one pill only once a day if I can manage that. There have been a few times I have had to kick it up, but it is only when the pain is so bad that I can't think, can't sleep, can't walk, can't do anything.

Take care!

#80 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:42 AM

Jinx_kittykat,
You certainly have most of your answers right here on this site. Information concerning the class action suit, contacting the FDA, ways to help weaning from the Cymbalta, ways to hanlde the stress and anger. There are do's and don'ts as far as what supplements help and those that do not help, foods that help. The first few times I came to this message board it confused me trying to find the answers I needed. I was THAT CONFUSSED, and I am sure you have days like that. But I kept coming back and coming back until now I pretty much know where everything is. Look under the subject of nutrition, but all the posts here have valuable information, and you may find something that helps you under a subject that may not pertain to you, but sometimes we get off course......ok, sometimes I get off course. But continue to look this site over, over and over again.

I allowed it to boggle my already boggled mind, the first few times I came here.....and still sometimes I have to just sit and read and reread posts, trying to make it all fit. There are really great people on this sight with alot of first hand knowledge and are willing to tell you what they know, and what worked for them. Please keep coming back to this site as often as you can. Good luck!!

#81 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:02 PM

Ok, I don't know what is up with me today. I am sick as a dog! Maybe just what I ate yesterday or a bug of some kind, but another symptom on SIN-balta withdrawal?

My stomach is so upset and queezy, plus bloating, pain, I'm shakey and it won't stop. I might also be taking to much meletonin at night and maybe it's making me sick. But, wow, this has got to stop.

Any ideas from the funny farm? I mean that with total respect to all of us. :D :|

#82 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:58 PM

Ok, I don't know what is up with me today. I am sick as a dog! Maybe just what I ate yesterday or a bug of some kind, but another symptom on SIN-balta withdrawal?

My stomach is so upset and queezy, plus bloating, pain, I'm shakey and it won't stop. I might also be taking to much meletonin at night and maybe it's making me sick. But, wow, this has got to stop.

Any ideas from the funny farm? I mean that with total respect to all of us. :D :|

Well, the physical stuff went on for me about 40 days. Felt like I had the flu some days, some days I was actually sick (throwing up), some days I was just fine this all went on for the first 30 days. And, I don't mind being called a resident of the funny farm!

I saw in another of your posts that your mental stability is pretty good, you should be happy about that.

My first 40 days, I shook constantly, and when people were not around, I would have to hold on to things, those days I named the "white knuckle days" and I am glad that they are behind me, but sorry others have to go through this.

It was weird how many days I felt as if I had the flu, when I didn't, so when I came off of the second antidepressant, I felt that way a little bit (and I mean little bit, the second antidepressant I came off of had barely any withdrawal) well back to topic, I knew what to expect the second time around, I think that helped me to know it was a part of the experience.

#83 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:39 AM

Oh please Lord.........40 days? I'm only on day 23, I think, of cold turkey withdrawal. I am, or was prior to hot bath and massage of feet and hands, in so much pain, it was the first time I thought "is it worth all of this". It's been a rough day. Stomach ache all day except for maybe 1 hour, pain in entire foot/feet including tips of toes, hands, ankles, wrists, shoulders, calves, blah blah blah. I did try to take my attention off of what I was feeling by listening to some wonderful music and a funny/cute/sad little recording Lori sent me. It kind of worked cause I cried alot so took some of the tension out of body. (crap....neck is hurting). I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS ANYMORE!!! :twisted:
Am terrified I will get hooked on pain meds that e.r. doc gave me, so I take them only when 100% necessary, today I have taken 2! I've quit looking for a job, because honestly, I can't work like this. Sister in law, bless her lovely heart, has MS and has to use one of those chairs that go up and down stairs automatically, and barely walks anymore. Without my brother, who is so great, I don't know where she would be. He works a long way from home so has to leave for work before sun comes up and doesn't get home until late. He gets home, fixes dinner, helps Val with shower, and then has a machine of some sort that he uses to massage her whole body to keep her muscles somewhat working. What do I have to complain about? Anyway, both of them suggested, and I hope this does not offend anyone or get me in trouble, that I find a good, mellow, relaxing "herb" to smoke. They said it helps her cope better with the pain and mental issues. Lord, I haven't smoked "herb" since I was in my early 20's. But it is a thought that I may look into more. Because.........I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS ANYMORE!!!!. Let's see............40-23=17 days and maybe some relief.

LORI, MY DEAR NEW FRIEND: I don't want to cry tomorrow (or today depending on when this is read). I want to laugh! Ok, maybe just a little crying, but incorporate a little more laughter for me. Luv You! Luv all of you!

FAVORITE LITTLE PRAYER FOR ALL OF US:
God, grant me
The serenity to accept the
things I cannot change,
The courage to change the
things I can, and
The wisdom to know the difference
Amen

#84 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:07 AM

It is just me again. Pain meds kicking in. It's about midnight. On top of the SIN-balta garbage today, think I am getting a slight chest infection. Have been short of breath and now coughing gunk up. Just what you all want to hear. No $ or insurance to see a doc. Hope I'm not getting something else. Can't go to e.r. for everything. Just wanted to vent........ :D

#85 Jinx_kittykat

Jinx_kittykat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:08 AM

Nevermind that link. it wasn't what i thought it was. You can google "acute panic reaction'' if you want. Basically it made me so socially paranoid that i thought people were talking about me in code right in front of my face. :shock:

#86 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:28 AM

Thank you for the info on the "herb". I too think it should be legalized, which it is in many states for medicinal uses, but getting a doc to prescribe it is a whole other issue. I do have anxiety which I've had my whole life. Take a seperate med for it and it works great! Actually, you won't believe this but in April when I went cold turkey off of this evil, evil :twisted: drug, I went through medicines in cabinet and linen closet. IT WAS INSANE HOW MUCH STUFF I HAD. I'm now down to I think 3 meds. One for anxiety, one for fluid balance issues in ears (which I just found out might have been brought on by Cymbalta), and a pain med. So if I am right about the ear thing, that one is getting thrown out, and if I can find someone who has a good, mellow inducing herb, then another can get thrown out-the pain med.

I'm attaching a word doc that you might find interesting. Actually let me find the web sight and will send that to you instead. It lists ALL of the possible side effects that have been reported by thousands of people. Crud, can't find it. Let me send you a copy of the one that I wittled down from I think 12 pages to 3 or 4. If I can find that web sight again will post it.

This doc may not open. Let me know if you get it.

Mary

#87 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:29 AM

I couldn't attach it. I will look for the url.

#88 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:34 AM

I FOUND IT, I FOUND IT!!!!!!

Everyone, check this out if you haven't already. It is amazing the list of possible side effects. :D

http://www.prozactru...om/cymbalta.htm

3:30 am........still can't sleep. Might as well just give up for the day. Maybe if I become tired enough I will slip into a light coma some time today for a couple of hours. Am trying to not take meletonin, that is why I'm still up. Hmmmmm. Is this a coincidence. I think not.......... 8-)

#89 Jinx_kittykat

Jinx_kittykat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:34 AM

Wow! Thats incredible! Here is a similar site http://www.psychdrug...om/cymbalta.htm . Glad To hear you're cutting all (or almost all) of that crap out of your life. I, on the other hand, have a brand new addiction, this site. Really, I hang out here in most of my free time. I think its a good habit though, like brushing your teeth :D . BTW, I bet you're a "Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy" fan. Yes?

#90 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:00 PM

Hi folks. Went to my new g.p. today because I'm still feeling so bad and took my list with me that I found on line about all of the withdrawal problems and had highlited everything on the list that was effecting me personally. We talked about it, she listened, and was stunned about my story and others stories.

Anyway, here is my question and I need some serious help with this. I know I've seen this medication in other postings but can't find them now. Anyone, everyone, please fill me in on Celebrex. She said it would help with the joint and muscle pain. But anymore I will not get a prescription filled without first researching it completely and you all (including myself) no more about these drugs than the doctors or the pharmacutical companies. HELP IS NEEDED. I'm tired of hurting 3/4th's of every day.

Mary in Denver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users