God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:07 PM

Just checked ... the 30 mg marked 2891 is made by Actavis Elizabeth, LLC ... http://www.drugs.com...2891-21715.html

The 60 mg marked 2892 is made by the same company ... http://www.drugs.com...2892-21716.html

#62 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:10 PM

That's the best / wisest solution, Likeable ... I'm so sorry that you have to start over, but at least this way you'll be absolutely certain what you're dealing with. :)

#63 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:44 PM

Likeable., my math skill are flowing....In your old prescription for 187 beads to 196 beads (185 divided by 60 = 3) it equaled out to be 3 beads equaled 1mg......this new brand where there is 480 beads it equals out to 8 beads equal 1mg...Therefore on your old bottle you were left with 140 beads. ..If you subtract 140 from 187 you will see you have taken out 47 beads. Divide 47 by the 3 beads and you will see you dropped about 15 to 16 mgs....

Now in your new prescription you have 450 beads. ..dividing this by 60 mgs you will find that 8 beads equal 1mg. So since you dropped 15% of you would now multiply the 8 beads (which equal 1mg) times 15 or 16 mgs and it should total approximately about 120 beads...Therefore if you remove 120 beads from the new capsules you should be where you were at when you got down to 140 beads....

I hope I didn't confuse you. Just keep this in mind because you never know when pharmacies change drug companies, as the beads may change on you again......

jump in all to check my math.....

#64 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:53 PM

Thanks for your help but I think i am going to just start over. I cannot return the prescription i just picked up. I already opened them to count beads. The original capsules did say lilly on them. I dont know why? I only ever recieved the generic because i cannot afford to pay for brand name. The 30 mg that were prescribed say 2891 and the 60mg i picked up today say 2892.

likeable, I did figure it out for you as I mentioned in the above post. Hoping you will read it before you jump and start again...I'm just concerned if the pharmacy decides to change drug companies again.....it's a percentage you can use if this should happen again.....or start it in a few dsys... whichever you choose, please keep us informed as you continue to drop the beads. ..you have been a great asset here to the forum and so many will benefit from your posts.....

#65 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:21 PM

OMG, Carleeta ... I just read through your math calculations / explanations 3 times ...it could be Klingon for all I know ... it's enuf to make me glad I went cold turkey !

#66 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:40 PM

Honestly, I typed out the calculations as I was processing them in my head. Wanted to get this to likeable asap...If it's really needed somewhere on a thread, I would type it where it's easier to understand. .as jealbreacht did.

I love math...lol lol lol.....I just had to find my math hat on my hat shelf...lol lol.

I'm the great aunt my great niece call from Florida for all her math guestions...lol lol. She 9 yrs old and here were are on video as I teach her...lol lol lol....it does wear me out....I often need to center myself once we are done...

#67 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:02 PM

Well, now that you mention it, Carleeta, the best of this thread's content ... the basic question, the options discussed, and the method you developed would be great to add to the "bead counting -- how to do it" thread .... I'd be happy to sort through this tomorrow, and add it in one post over there, with a link back to this thread to cross-reference it ...

You can do the laboratory science / math stuff ... I can do the "information organization" librarian stuff ... division of labor ... the only type of "division" I know how to do ... :P

#68 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:07 PM

Well, now that you mention it, Carleeta, the best of this thread's content ... the basic question, the options discussed, and the method you developed would be great to add to the "bead counting -- how to do it" thread .... I'd be happy to sort through this tomorrow, and add it in one post over there, with a link back to this thread to cross-reference it ...

You can do the laboratory science / math stuff ... I can do the "information organization" librarian stuff ... division of labor ... the only type of "division" I know how to do ... :P

sure ifs it needed, I'll make a very legible copy with a nice format, and as easy to follow as I can......hopefully it will help others when/if they run into the problems like Likeable has/had.

#69 Likeable

Likeable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:19 PM

Ok...so for those interested...In discussing with the my pharmacy my dilemma...the pharmacist was able to help me figure out how many beads i need to count out to make the mgs i need to continue to wean of off this stuff. An average of beads in the new prescription is 500. He has me taking 365 beads to make 44.5mg. I started that today and feel fine. He also said that i need to remove 10-15 beads to keep on the same decrease of what i was before this new prescription. I plan to remove 12.

#70 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:57 PM

Likeable, this is wonderful news. I'm very glad you contacted the pharmacist, and he has helped you to calculate how many beads to remove which was equal to the plan you were using. I agree with him. I did calculate it out. My calculations were pretty close to his, considering I was using the 450 beads and he used 500 beads...I'm so happy you found the right calculations instead of starting over. Thank you for sharing this information with us. It has reinforced my calculations, and it has brought to light that other members and guests can go to their pharmacist fir questions like yours. He certainly has been more helpful than the doctors who prescribe cymbalta and have no idea how to come off succesfully. ...

You are such an asset to this forum. Please, please keep us posted on your progress. We look forward to your posts as this will help so many others...

#71 ThisBetterPass

ThisBetterPass

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta is like my biochemistry's stalker and can't take a clue.

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:44 AM

Just checked ... the 30 mg marked 2891 is made by Actavis Elizabeth, LLC ... http://www.drugs.com...2891-21715.html

The 60 mg marked 2892 is made by the same company ... http://www.drugs.com...2892-21716.html

Just chiming in....

I'm using the 20 mg capsule by Actavis Elizabeth, LLC.  The number on it is 2890.  The numbers of beads per capsule with my current prescription runs anywhere from 157 to 169.

#72 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:49 AM

TBP ... you aren't taking the brand Cymbalta. You're taking the generic, duloxetine.

Actavis is just one of the zillion pharma cos that are raking in billions off generic drug manufacturing/sales ... duloxetine is just one of the many generics they make ...

They're headquartered in Parsipanny, NJ, but look at where their manufacturing operations are located ... most are countries with dirt-cheap labor, lousy to non-existent quality control and gov oversight ...

I've found comments on other drug withdrawal forums from folks who've had some bad reactions to the Activis duloxetine ...

Actavis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actavis
The company has 36 manufacturing facilities in five continents providing the company with a core leadership position in modified release products, solid oral dosages, transdermals, semi-solids, liquids and injectables.

The company’s manufacturing facilities are located in Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Greece, France, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Malta, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Serbia, Thailand, UK and USA.

Actavis has 17 global R&D facilities focusing on the development of modified release products, solid oral dosages, transdermals, semi-solids, liquids and injectables around the world.

The company’s R&D facilities are located in Belgium, Bulgaria, Iceland, Italy, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Romania, UK and USA.

Specialty pharmaceuticals: India, Romania, UK, and USA. Branded pharmaceuticals: Salt Lake City, New Jersey, USA, Liege, Belgium and Liverpool, UK (biologics).

#73 ThisBetterPass

ThisBetterPass

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta is like my biochemistry's stalker and can't take a clue.

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:35 PM

Looking back, I did start having problems with tinnitus when they switched me over to generic probably about two years ago. Before learning about all the lovely side-effects, I just thought I was hearing tree frogs all this time....even in winter. :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users