• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 christi b

christi b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    Having withdrawal symptoms and need advise please.

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:30 PM

After reading a lot of posts on here i decided that I should join this forum. I have a question....My doctor told me to wean off of Cymbalta for 2 weeks. I was taking 60 mg for almost 2 years. She told me to dump some of the beads out everyday until there was nothing left over 2 weeks. Well, LIKE AN IDIOT THAT IS WHAT I DID. Now I believe I am having major withdrawal. The last pill I took was last Weds night. Since then I have been EXTREMELY dizzy. I mean, I am just sitting here and when I move my eyes I feel like my head is going to roll off. So, I have been like that everyday since last week and now I am at work and I just had to go into the restroom to cry. I mean literally sob!!!! I understand my system getting used to not having the medicine but this dizziness is driving me crazy. I guess I need to know if I should call my doctor and get on a low dose and work my way off from there. If not then I need to know how long this dizziness will last because I might need to take vacation at home in my bed until it is over.

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:29 AM

Dear Christi:
I also took cymbalta 60mg, and was lucky to find this site before quitting.

A 2 weeks weaning, sounds like quitting cold turkey.
The good thing is that your doctor told you to dump some of the beads out everyday. That is a good sign, because most of the posts I´ve read here, people tell that their doctors told them to alternate days. So in theory, your doctors approach was right, maybe the point was that you weaned in such a short time and doing huge drops.

There are a lot of posts explaining how to wean. Maybe you could take a certain dose of cymbalta and start weaning from there. It has taken me 8 weeks to go from 60mg to 20mg and will take me at least 3 months to get to zero. Drops should be 10% of actual dose. So if, for example you are taking 60mg your drop should be a maximum of 6mg.

After reading posts you´ll have to decide:
1. At what dose you are going to start the weaning. For example: 60mg
2. The size of the drops and the translation into number of beads to take out from the capsule. A 10% of actual dose has worked for me.
3. The amount of time that you are going to stay in each dosage. One should make the next drop once symptoms of a certain dose have dissapeared.

It is easier to do the drops once we are at higher doses. It becomes harder at lower doses.

hugs
Cookie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users