#1 Viraj

Viraj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    In withdrawal from Cymbalta currently

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:26 PM

Hi everybody: I'm thrilled to have found this site. Had been on Cymbalta for exactly a year (30 mg) when I began
to wean myself off last May. Went very slowly, and the first 10 mg, down to 20 mg/day, went really smoothly.
When I went below 20, taking out beads every day, down to 10, I started having really dramatic GI symptoms,
diarrhea, heartburn, stomach upset, just the whole GI tract in revolution. Even though I went back to 20,
these symptoms remain. It comes in waves. Will feel fine (even great) for a few days, then whack!
Anybody else have these particular symptoms--and find a successful way to deal with them?

Thanks. Viraj

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:53 PM

#3 cjshort98

cjshort98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    I do not want to take this stuff anymore. I went from Lexapro (2 years) to 60 mg of Cimbalta. I just came down to 30 mg (at my request) and have felt vertigo every min. or so (not fun to drive with). Thirst, sweats, muscle jerks, beyond sleepy then can't sleep. I really hope that by joining this forum, I will be able to get off of everything with min. damge to me, friends, family or pets!!!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:36 PM

Dear Viraj:
I took cymbalta 60mg for 5 years. You are lucky you were on a "low dose" for a "short time".
The weaning experience for everyone is different. My weaning from 60mg to 22mg was ok (I was doing weekly drops), until I reached 20mg. Since I felt bad I had to stay on that dosage for 7 weeks. However my symptoms were more psychological than physical. I´ve had stabbing nausea and diarrhea, but to tell you the truth, it is not that frequent and it doesn´t bother me as much as the psychological symptoms (rage, mood swings, crying, etc). Weaning can be tricky. When I reached 15mg I felt great!!! (I couldn´t believe I could feel way better than at 20mg, if it was a lower dose).

I was going to tell you to increase back to 20mg, but you already did. All I can say is stay on that dosage until symptoms subside.

hugs
Cookie

I am new to this forum (HI!) I come off of 60 (was on it for 4 months) and started to take 30. I had all that you discribed. My heartburn was so bad that I couldn't wear my bra!! I went to the local drug store and purchased Zantac Extra Strength. I take one a day first thing in the morning. Give it a try. It really really work, and quickly.

My main symptom is vertigo!!! Driving me nuts (I think they call it a brain zap here?)

Good Luck... J

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users