Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationWisconsin
  • why_joining:
    Recovering from withdrawals from Cymbalta 2010. Currently 2015

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:52 PM

Was given this drug to help with my anxieties. Took it off and on since Dec 2009. Finally got serious and took it consistently thru out the summer. Kept having to pee frequently and it was causing issues in my daily life. Went to dr and she said it was NOT a side effect of the cymbalta. Said I had a UTI (which I never get, yet this was the 2nd one in less than a year). Went thru 4 different antibiotics for the UTI to finally go away, however kept peeing ALL the time. Put me on some drugs for overactive bladder. Certain I didn't have this but gave it a try anyway. Still peeing all the time. Sent me for a cat scan of kidneys. Sent urine for culture and blood work to lab. Everything was fine. Gave me another antibiotic that causes some severe symptoms (I chose not to take it although I do have it) but it is for UTI's which I supposedly no longer have per all these tests. ugh!

Anyhow, I finally researched the cymbalta because it was the ONLY drug I was taking during this time other than the antibiotics and I couldn't understand why I kept peeing. Come to find out that in 2-5percent of people that is a common side effect. Mind you, my own dr is taking the cymbalta for her anxieties. I had also mentioned to her before about having severe gas since being on this drug and she said that was also not a side effect. Obviously I found that it was. UTI's are also a side effect. Ugh! I read these forums and decided that this med is not good for me. I need off of it.

Unintentionally, I went off cold turkey. I am on DAY 7. First few days were great! Then got the brain zaps, the extreme fatigue and could barely move my body. Taking a shower used up all my energy. Extremely emotional and tired. Naseaus (sorry spelled that wrong), stomach cramps, peeing all the time, body aches in places that make no sense, and tooth aches. The worse was last night and this morning. I need some positive feedback about an approx time in which that light at the end of the tunnel starts to show and around how long before these severe cramps are gone.

I will NOT go back on cymbalta. This is an evil drug and should only be used for severe medical issues that the benefits would outweigh the risks. Who are the FDA to approve this crap and doctors to prescribe this stuff for things as simple as anxieties, migraines, and other stuff. If I had known how STRONG a med this was, and had been advised of how common these side effects were, I would have opted NOT to take this drug.

I am a mom of 6 kids, I am not even 30yrs old yet. I do a lot of volunteer work, school stuff, and mother stuff. My husband often travels for work, and let's just say that there have been some days I am going to lose it completely. I am thanking the lord for giving me the strength and will to keep moving thru this, but I could really use some positive feedback to keep me going. Wondering if I should start a new diet, half the time I feel like I am starving and can't stop eating and others I don't want to put any food in my mouth let alone my stomach.

Thanks for the help guys!

I'm on day 13 of my withdrawals. I cannot tell you when this will end, but with waht I am doing now, it is so much better to handle.
Here is what I take:
in the morning, I drink Apple Cider, fresh from the produce dept, or I get it right from a farm. This helps detoxify my body.
25mg of meclizine (you can buy over the counter for about $6.00. This helps with the dizzyness. Makes me a little tired in the morning, but I perk up in the afternoon.
12.5mg promethazine ( you need an RX for this, i paid $9.00) This helps with the nausea.
20mg Citalpram (to replace the Cymbalta) I paid $4.00 you need an RX for this.

At night I take : Vitamin E-400 (over the counter) and Fish Oil 1000mg (over the counter)this tells the brain to get rid of the cymbalta.
25mg of meclizine and 12.5mg of Promethazine.

For 13 days since on this mixture of meds and vitimans, I have NOT had one BRAIN ZAP, no nausea or headaches, no confusion, no dizzyness.
I have a few bouts of hot flashes (which I can live with).

I was willing to try anything after being sooooo sick.
Try this and let me know how you feel.

I know you are very ill right now, you too will make through this as I know I will.

Heres to health, Kathy

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:35 PM

Dear coldturkeyliz:
Since I started taking cymbalta 5 years ago I pee frequently. It is very annoying. Everytime I go somewhere I am checking were the toilette is. I took a course in the university a while ago, and I could not pay attention to class because I was worried I had to go pee. Since I started the weaning, it gets worse at night when going to bed.

#3 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:03 PM

Dear ColdturkeyLiz:
Nice to hear you are feeling better although gastritis is bothering you.

I did an urine and blood test recently and they were ok (except for the glucose). What tests are needed to diagnose UTI??? what is the treatment???

hugs
Cookie

#4 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:23 PM

Dear ColdturkeyLiz:
Nice to hear you are feeling better although gastritis is bothering you.

I did an urine and blood test recently and they were ok (except for the glucose). What tests are needed to diagnose UTI??? what is the treatment???

hugs
Cookie

I went to the doctor because of GI complaints, and my doctor found I have gastritis too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users