#1 Dep4E

Dep4E

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    To compare and relate stories with other fighters

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:10 PM

This is my 2nd day cold turkey. The base of my skull aches while I manage the intense throbbing in my eyes. When I move I want to vomit and actually feel the symptoms of a serious detox wuth the shakes. Everything hurts. Been on 60 mg 2ce for a couple of years. Got laid off after 10 years and had to quit. I've never been so sick in my 31 years on this planet, including child birth and compound fractures. Help me.

#2 TimC97124

TimC97124

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • why_joining:
    Taking Cymbalta for 4 years has taken it's toll and now I need to get off of it.

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:20 PM

Hey! This stuff is really tough. And cold turkey is really tough. How are you doing now? Any progress?

Have you been able to try tapering off at all?

TimC

#3 I am who I am

I am who I am

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • why_joining:
    Trying to quit Cymbalta

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:57 PM

Hello-

I have to agree that I don't think going cold turkey is worth the physical and mental pain and strain. It will suck you dry. I was laid off this past spring and needed to get one more bottle to help me wean off over the summer, and I got on the Walgreens prescription plan. It was a one time fee of $20, but I have gotten my other 2 meds for LESS a month than when I had actual health insurance. The plan paid for itself in the first month I had it. I also get 10% off anything by the Walgreens brand that I buy there.. and once again, the plan has already paid for itself.

So- I don't have advice on going cold turkey or how to stop what you are going through.. but there ARE easy plans out there at certain places that are REALLY cheap to get on to help you through this. I know Target, and CVS have them too.

I wish you the best of luck.. this sucks, and it makes me so sad to see how MANY of us there are, on this site alone even, that are going through this. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users