#1 jeff3298

jeff3298

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNorthern California - East Bay

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:25 PM

I was wondering what nutritional supplements are you taking and for what? What has helped what has not.

#2 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:25 PM

I'm taking Ultimate Omega, made my Nordic Naturals. (no, I don't work for them, but found that their reputation for purity and processing was held in high regard)

I also started drinking chamomile tea, and someone else told me here, to try sleepytime tea. I found it, and it is the kind that has valerian in it. I'm trying it tonight for the first time, as I'm plagued with insomnia in additon to the body aches.

#3 jeff3298

jeff3298

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNorthern California - East Bay

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:20 AM

I too am taking the same Omega3 by Nordic Naturals, I am finding a lot of good info on taking omega3 for depression.

#4 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:15 PM

FYI, the Sleepytime tea with Valerian rocks!! I slept better last night than I have in ages! I am usually rolling around, achy and just not getting good fitful sleep, but last night I slept really well. I could actually feel myself relaxing after I drank it and got into bed. Maybe it was the power of suggestion, or maybe not, either way, I don't care, I slept!

#5 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:33 PM

When I was in the health food store a couple of months ago, the clerk told me that after all my body had been through......... well before the medical procedure, and before I was diagnosed with severe depression/generalized anxiety disorder, I lost 90 lbs from Oct. 06-July 07, due to going days at the time without eating, my only 'nurishment' was Mountain Dew....plenty of caffine. Then with what Provera, Xanax, Lexapro, Welbutrin, and Cymbalta has done to my mind and body, she told me to get a good foundation for my body to start regaining its strength. She suggested a great multivitamin, folic acid, B complex and fish oil. I am also taking MSM because I seem to hurt alot. Any negatives or positives in regards to those vitamins?

#6 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:54 PM

Lori - to you get the MSM with glucosamine? That is pretty good for joint/muscle stuff. I shredded my knee a few years ago snowboarding and it helps tons. I know when it is time to stop taking it when I forget that I hurt.

#7 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:14 AM

Yes, Babby, I take the MSM with glucosamine. When I was on alot of meds and trying to come off of them between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I stopped taking alot of my vitamins simply because I did not know if anthing was causing something else to stop working or having an adverse reaction and I could tell when the MSM was NOT in my system. Especially, my left knee, it hurts alot, but I do not know why I have problems with it, could be my age....I normally say its an old football injury. :P

#8 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:29 AM

Wow.........I just posted last night about some terrific supplements I have found and now I can't find my posting. Here are 2 things I have found that I think might be helping:

Fibro-Response with malic acid and msm and Lasting Touch analgesic gel with a lot of good things. I found both at a store we have here in Colorado called The Vitamin Cottage.

Or go to www.lasting-touch.com for the other. Both of these products are for the joint and muscle pain. Also, for sleep problems try 5 mgs. of Meletonin.

Mary

#9 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:46 AM

In reference to my earlier post, I was referring to Sarah J, but said, Babby......sorry ladies....still quite confused but trying to deal with it.

#10 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:04 PM

Wow.........I just posted last night about some terrific supplements I have found and now I can't find my posting. Here are 2 things I have found that I think might be helping:

Fibro-Response with malic acid and msm and Lasting Touch analgesic gel with a lot of good things. I found both at a store we have here in Colorado called The Vitamin Cottage.

Or go to http://www.lasting-touch.com for the other. Both of these products are for the joint and muscle pain. Also, for sleep problems try 5 mgs. of Meletonin.

Mary

Mary, I started taking a 3 mg tab of Melatonin with my sleeptime tea, and I think it is a good combination for me.

#11 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:07 PM

You might kick the sleepytime tea up a notch and try sleepytime extra. It's even better. :P

#12 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:46 AM

Yep, that is what I'm drinking, the sleeptime extra with valerian. :mrgreen:

#13 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:24 PM

Since my county mental health agency tried to shove down my throat another Eli Lily product called Symbyax, I went to the health food store and bought St Johns Wort and Valarian root. I do hope that helps some, but if not, they have another more expensive product I will try next. I did not see the Sleepytime with valerian at Food Lion, and in my frame of mind, I forgot to look at the Pig, yesterday. Is the melatonin and the sleepytime still working for you, Babby? I know I slept good with the benedryl last night, but its not something I can take during the day to keep me calm.

#14 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:21 PM

Hi Lori-The Meletonin and Sleepytime Extra work great! I personnaly take 5 mgs. of Meletonin which I found at a Walgreens Drug Store. And the Sleepytime Extra can be found at most major grocery stores such as the Kroeger chain (they go by various names-the stores that is).

Let us all know how the SJW works. I've been interested in it but don't want to try until I hear how it effects others.

#15 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 10:31 PM

Since my county mental health agency tried to shove down my throat another Eli Lily product called Symbyax, I went to the health food store and bought St Johns Wort and Valarian root. I do hope that helps some, but if not, they have another more expensive product I will try next. I did not see the Sleepytime with valerian at Food Lion, and in my frame of mind, I forgot to look at the Pig, yesterday. Is the melatonin and the sleepytime still working for you, Babby? I know I slept good with the benedryl last night, but its not something I can take during the day to keep me calm.

Lori, I had a hard time finding it at some stores, but WalMart had it, so I bought 2 extra boxes. Yes, I think the tea and melatonin is still helping.

Now, St. John's Wort. Just my opinion, based on what I've read, but I would wait until you are completely free of any Cymbalta in your system before taking it. Even though it is herbal, it still has an effect on the seratonin levels, which is why there are warnings about taking it with other antidepressants. It is NOT just a supplement, it IS an antidepressant. Again, my opinion, but I would try eating healthy, sticking with the Omega supplements, benedryl if it is working for you, and some talk therapy if you are moving that direction. Taking it now could really have some dire effects on you, and it is NOT safe to do so this soon.

I know how frustrating this period of time is, and the urge is there to just find anything that will take away this pain is very strong, but you have to be cautious too. ;)

#16 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 08:41 AM

Thank you, Babby and Greybeard, I will refrain from taking the St Johns Wort for now.....and its kinda funny now that you mention it. I had shortness of breath the entire time I took Cymbalta and yesterday, after I bought my St Johns Wort, I was digging into the bottle on the way to my car..... ;) But I had shortness of breath bad last night and still today...hmmmmm I think you may be on to something here. Thank you again, I will NOT take anymore. Jamie is home today, so I think he wants to go see my parents for alittle while, which is always good for me. I hope everyone has a wonderful day, it just cant get more beautiful outside. Oh yea, while at the Health Food Store, the little old lady who assisted me asked me if I had a place for a flower garden. :mrgreen: I thought it interesting, she said work, work, work, in it. I am!!!

#17 jane

jane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:39 AM

add lemon juice (fresh squeezed) to water, it increases the body's ability to hydrate, which reduces leg and hip pain somewhat

#18 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:14 PM

I've seen several mentions of Benidryl through out the postings. Are people using it just to help sleep, or is there also something to it? Personnaly it doesn't help me sleep. Had tried it in the past for that and no luck. I even took one last night or night before cause I was itching so bad. Took away the itch, but still no help with sleep. The Meletonin and Sleepytime Extra to work for my sleep how ever. That is if I'm not itching. But seriously is there something else with it?

#19 3kidsb2nt

3kidsb2nt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:06 PM

I heard really good things about St. John's Wort. I have not tried it because it interacts with the birth control pill. I have three kids already, I don't need a 4th even though I would love another. Let me know if it works. I might talk my husband into taking over the birth control department. :lol:

#20 mff1485

mff1485

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:36 AM

Hi. I listed a post under the "what are you feeling?" topic, but then found it more suitable for this section. I have cut and pasted my 2 posts together below for your convenience. In addition to the following I also take on a daily basis fish oil, calcium, vit c, vit B12, multi, and 3 kinds of probiotics... as well as protein shakes every morning. I'm trying my best! :(

(Post 1)
The Solution to Cymbalta Withdrawals! Finally! Yay!
by mff1485 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:04 am
Hi,

I have been weaning myself off of the dreaded Cymbalta for the past 3 months or so after being on the drug at the low-dose of 30mg for only 6 months. My mother was also on the drug for a month or two more than me, but at a higher dose. I have the terrible 'brain shocks, zaps, shivers' that everyone talks about- I call it like 'trippin' or my time lapses. Anyway, my mom has found a great solution to the side effects from withdrawals. The amino acids: L-Theanine, L-Tryptophan, GABA calm, Coffea Cruda, and Restless Legs all designed to help alleviate the sore muscles, random bad moods, panic attacks, insomnia, and generally bring you back to normal. I have tried so far, L-theanine and L-tryptophan and they already help me so much- I am feeling more like myself again and have less and less of the brain zaps. You should take 3 or so L-theanine pills a day- one in the morning, one in the afternoon and one at night on an empty stomach to really feel the effects. I weigh abut 115 lbs, so if you weigh more or less, perhaps you should take different amounts to see how your body reacts. Please share this information with everyone you know who is withdrawing from Cymbalta- it really HELPS!

(Post 2)
Hello all,

I'm sorry I have not written back in a timely manner, but here is my reply to the questions about amino acids. You don't need an Rx for them- you need to go to a good health food or dietary needs store and talk to the people that work there. Find a high quality brand of both L-theanine and L-tryptophan because there was a bad batch out a few years ago from a Japanese company. Make sure you understand how to take them and what you can expect. I actually don't know a whole lot about amino acids myself, except what I learned in biology class in high school, which was a long time ago. However, I've tried to refresh my memory and talk to people who work in health food stores.

Basically, these amino acids like L-theanine and L-tryptophan are things naturally found in the body (they are what make up proteins- which makes up our entire body "building blocks of nature" as they call them) and in things such as food- prime example is L-tryptophan. Remember how most people joke about getting sleepy on Thanksgiving after eating turkey...well, its because L-tryptophan is found in turkey and causes people to get very calm and sleepy. I take L-tryptophan right before bed and it keeps me asleep all night. To sum it all up- from taking Cymbalta, we have messed with our Seratonin levels that make us happy and calm and not irritable. now that we are depleted, our body is down and sad and irrationally upset. I have no explanation for the "brain zaps" and other side effects, but the low energy and sleeplessness, restlessness, irritability and even for me- the brain zaps have reduced to a minimum. After two weeks on these amino acids, I feel like my old self again. I know I should use a more professional site than Wikipedia, but for now, I'll quote passages I found helpful:

"Amino acids, including tryptophan, act as building blocks in protein biosynthesis...In addition, tryptophan functions as a biochemical precursor for the following compounds: Serotonin (a neurotransmitter)... Serotonin, in turn, can be converted to melatonin...It is particularly plentiful in chocolate, oats, bananas, mangoes, dried dates, milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, red meat, eggs, fish, poultry, sesame, chickpeas, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, spirulina, and peanuts. It is also found in turkey at a level typical of poultry in general."

"Many people found tryptophan to be a safe and reasonably effective sleep aid, probably due to its ability to increase brain levels of serotonin (a calming neurotransmitter when present in moderate levels) and/or melatonin (a sleep-inducing hormone secreted by the pineal gland in response to darkness or low light levels). In particular, tryptophan has been showing considerable promise as an antidepressant alone, and as an "augmenter" of antidepressant drugs."

"serotonin plays an important role as a neurotransmitter in the modulation of anger, aggression, body temperature, mood, sleep, sexuality, appetite, and metabolism...Drugs targeting serotonin-induced pathways are being used in the treatment of many psychiatric disorders, and one focus of clinical research is the influence of genetics on serotonin action and metabolism in psychiatric settings. Such studies have revealed that the variation in the promoter region of the serotonin transporter protein accounts for nearly 10% of total variance in anxiety-related personality, and the effect of this gene on depression was found to interact with the environment"

"Theanine has been shown to reduce mental and physical stress, may produce feelings of relaxation and improves cognition and mood when taken in combination with caffeine. Theanine increases brain serotonin, dopamine, GABA levels and has micromolar affinities for AMPA, Kainate and NMDA receptors.L-theanine may help the body's immune response to infection by boosting the disease-fighting capacity of gamma delta T cells."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serotonin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theanine

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Tryptophan

Please do your own research and find what's best for you. If you do decide to use these amino acids, they are not addictive or harmful to the body. But use your best judgment and do everything in moderation. Take it easy and don't overdo anything. Last week, I took 5-6 L-theanine pills throughout the day and this week, i'm taking 3-4. I just don't feel the brain zaps as much anymore and don't feel that 'hungover' feeling in the mornings, so I don't need the amino acids as much. If I'm feeling stressed, or know I will be in a crowded place, I take one just to make sure I don't have a panic attack. Take them as you need them and see how your body responds. Listening to your body is the best way to judge which way you need to go.

Hope this helps. Sorry I didn't explain more last time.

#21 christie

christie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want to join this forum because I also am a cymbalta survivor 3 weeks off and counting

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:42 AM

Hi my name is Christie and Ive been off Cymbalta about a month. The drug almost killed me. I was so sick from it even the Doctor in the ER called it a Cymbalta Drug reaction. I was sicker on the drug than I was off it. Thanks to this site I learned quite a lot. I started all the vitamins I found on this site and feel much better. There were 2 that I wanted to add though that helped me. Turmeric and ginger are both good for digestion as well as inflamagtion in the body. I found both of them to be calming to my system. I hope this helps like it helped me!! Thanks for having me!!

#22 sickandtiredofit

sickandtiredofit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am a nurse and fellow patient going through the withdrawal hell of cymbalta.

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:03 PM

Fish Oil and Flax Seed Oil have helped me with my aches and pains. I also have been taking Vitalzme X and Vitamin B and D per my acupuncturist.
Acupuncture and hyperbaric oxygen chamber treatments have made the biggest difference in my body aches. I have been completely off of Cymbalta for 3 weeks. When I began complete withdrawl I was unable to walk and having major headaches, nausea, vomiting, sorethroat, earaches, diarrhea, leg and arm pain, irritability and agitation, and severe all over body achiness. I no longer have any of these symptoms. Now I only have GI syptoms - gastroenteritis with a tender abdomen and bloating, I am hoping this resolves soon also.
I have a Biology and have worked in a western medical setting so I read the research to back these treatments up. I use to believe strongly in western medicine. The western medicine world only got me sicker. So in the past year I have received the most relief from legitimate alternative therapist and treatments. Also I have researched a lot of old remedies and natural herbs and supplements to try to improve my health and get through this withdrawal. I still believe in Western medicine for certain cases and surgery.

I would not have made it through these past couple of weeks without seeing my acupucturist 3 times a week for 2 weeks and then I cut back to 2 times a week. As I get better I will go less and less. So at first it is expensive, but it is the only way I could survive. And no the needle don"t hurt(especially if you can endure cymbalta withdrawal). The needles are very tiny and coated so they slide in very easily - it is nothing like having a shot or your blood drawn.
The one other thing I have researched and tried is ionic foot bath treatments. It helps remove toxins from the body through the feet (because the feet have so many pores). Since Cymbalta is processed through the liver, this can really help with pulling the cymbalta and liver toxins out of the body that are making all of us achy ,itchy, and feel just horrible. I am on my 3rd treatment. They recommend to do a series of 6 treatments ( 1 per week for 6 weeks). They cost $30.00 per treatment around my area. Estheticians and some alternative medicine practioners (chiropractors, acupucturist, and some spas) are set up to perform these. The water in my foot bath has turned solid black by the end of all of my treatments so far (black indicates liver toxins and other colors indicate other toxins). After the treatment I have no foot or leg pain at all until the following day. A great therapy for the muscle aches and pains that is cheap. Run a warm bath and place 2-4 cups of epsom salt in the bath water. Add a cap of olive oil to the water. Epsom salt and oilve oil are suppose to be great fro sore achy muscles and it really helps. I also place a little drop of lavendar oil to help me relax. Or burn some nice smelling around the tub. If you are having other problems than muscle aches. There are many things you can add to you bath water to help relieve that problem. Adding ginger root to your bath water can help with nausea. These are just some ideas and how I am getting through it. You have to research and do what you think is best for you and your body. There is no perfect fix for all of us.

#23 mysticcherokee

mysticcherokee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • why_joining:
    I tried to commit suicide obviously unsuccessfully, shortly beofre starting a New doctor taperd from this drug, (just jumped off) and Ive strong feelings about it.

Posted 11 October 2009 - 02:58 PM

Most interesting thread. Im gonna write some stuff down and post after I gather my thoughts,Ive been in to supplements for some time. The down side of that was I was taking them WITH the Cymbalta and I think it may have made my dosage go up and down, as I alternated, at times, on/off or one supplement/another. Great things for use while on or tapering, foods, while weak: Protein can be found in raw nuts, canned beans of any sort, avacado,fresh.
South Beach meal bar has the least fat/sugar, Ive found and most protein.The potassium and magnesium are good for body aches, milk thistle for liver function, garlic for heart(Walmart all), the lean cuisine or generic of same are pretty cheap at walmart and can be zapped(no pun intended), though some exercise when at all tolerated would be a good idea, as long as its safe. Walmart itself was exercise enough for me, and still is, one month out. Sleep: melatonin 3 mg a day, or something natural, uni-som. Valarian was not well tolerated by me, and Im not sure if theres a contraindiction with cymbalta(Id check) but ANYTHING needs to be checked first, in my opinion. More later, if you please. Hot showers or soaks and lots of hydration (smart water), minus sugar/or caffeine near bed time. Red meat,bad, fatty to hard to digest. Lottsa fruit, good. "Smart water" purchased at grocer in a case or litre, etc. has added electrolytes much needed.

Forgetting something, as always. Hope this helps for now. Swear by Immodium AD, for the obvious. Ibuprofen for head/body pain, sinus pressure claritan D, or alka Seltzer Plus cold/cough FOR SINUS PRESSURE and ear discomfort, and ear/body pain.For same, Thera Flu severe cold and cough for night time use.Please note that everybody tolerates everything differently. I took none of these (meds on a regular basis, just when I couldnt stand it any more.) Less is better when tapering from the Cymbalta, I found.I dont endorse anything here for anybody else. It worked for me, but im still not right, so take it with a grain of salt, PLEASE! Mystic (not so much anymore)

#24 mysticcherokee

mysticcherokee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • why_joining:
    I tried to commit suicide obviously unsuccessfully, shortly beofre starting a New doctor taperd from this drug, (just jumped off) and Ive strong feelings about it.

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:49 PM

While not my intention to insult or necessarily negate anything someones said, I was alarmed to see supplements listed that encourage use of for one l-tryptophan. Without going into specifics, please google: "Seratonin Syndrome", which is a form of toxicity from too much seratonin. Then google: l-tryptophan, cymbalta interaction. Please, please do NOT use anything you havent checked thoroughly. Yes it may initailly FEEL helpful, but just as antioxidants take the drug out faster, these supplements can put the essence of it "back In", which aint good in some circumstances, not to mention some people think more is better, and it aint so. PLEASE CHECK EVERYTHING FOR INTERACTIONS. I believe it quite possible that seratonin syndrome could have gone unnoticed by the Doctor who tapered me. Ive my reasons, Im just sayin, ITS YOUR BODY, and YOUR ONLY BRAIN, please protect it, ya only get one. Hind sites indeed 20/20 in my case, please dont let seratonin toxicity or ANY toxicity happen to you. We dont know if anything is of a permanent type damage yet, when it comes to certain people/certain lingering effects, so a good taper for mind/body is essential. Good luck, and double check before taking anything, even otc. NOTHING should be taken for granted, IMHO. Mystic (my head hurts)

#25 Wynter

Wynter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am having cymbalta withdrawal and I am looking for help.

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:36 PM

What is MSM?

#26 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:37 PM

What is MSM?

Wynter,
I read the posts above, but couldn't find MSM.
I do not know what it si, have you googled it"
What did you get? Or I now have bing, it's
more to the point.

Debbie

#27 Wynter

Wynter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am having cymbalta withdrawal and I am looking for help.

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:33 PM

Debbie,
I did find it. Methylsulfonylmethane. I bought some at Walmart to go along with my many vitamins and what nots. The MSM is used for joint pain and osteoarthritis. I have knee pain and wrist pain. So we will see if it helps. The Cymbalta did a great job of keeping the pain away.... or keeping me from feeling it. I was beginning to feel those pains already a few days after stopping Cymbalta. I don't know if the MSM will actually work on the pains but... my knees had started crackling and now have stopped so who knows?
Hope things are well for you.
Take care,
Wynter

#28 daveyt29

daveyt29

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:
    Currently withdrawing from 30mg Cymbaltia and suffering side effects.

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:58 AM

5-HTP is really helping me, esp with the brain zaps! I'm at day 10, hard work, but getting there!

5-HTP YouTube Video

#29 Elaine

Elaine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want off CYMBALTA yesterday but am doing a slow withdraw

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:13 PM

I am taking undenatured whey protein isolate, omega 3 fish oil, tart cherry tablets(melatonin in it), milk protein decapeptide, vitamin B-complex, magnesium and vitamin d3. I have also switched to as much organic food as I can find and afford, given up red meat, white sugar and flour, MSG and artificial sweeteners. I am trying to eat as clean a diet as I can manage. Withdrawal from Cymbalta is going well. Some quite minor tummy cramps and the occasional headache or nausea. I probably wouldn't have though much of it if it wasn't for reading about all the symptoms of withdrawal. I am really looking forward to getting off the cymbalta and starting on the next drug that I have been taking.

#30 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 18 September 2010 - 03:39 PM

Dear Elaine:
Omega 3 and B-complex are excelent. Although I do not take fish oil but try to get omega naturally by eating salmon, white fish, flaxseed and soy milk. In the case of B-complex I do take tablets.

I think it´s GREAT that you are switching to organic food. And giving up white sugar and fluor is such a smart move!!! In the case of artificial sweeteners I try not to take them and when I do I take Stevia, because supossedly it comes from a natural plant. Brain needs fuel from food to do it´s functions.

In the case of MSG it is curious because my doctor told me not to take any because it was causing strange pain in other patients.

Concerning meat, I have a friend who is vegetarian and always tells me to give up red meat. For me it is hard. One can replace red meat with fish or turkey. And if you don´t want to take meat at all, it is important to guarantee enough protein intake through milk, or eggs, cheese, yogurt.

I trying to take the least processed food I can.

I think is awesome that you are changing your eating habits. At the end we are what we eat. And I do think all this modern illnesses come from bad nutrition or not being able to metabolize food and provide the body and brain with nutrients.

If you can complement your healthy diet with exercise would be ggggreat!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users