7 replies to this topic

#1 watchdog

watchdog

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • why_joining:
    Will be helping my wife detox from cymbalta.

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:21 PM

This video is going to make you mad. I encourage everyone to watch it. If you don't have time, then watch it in segments. If you are on an anti-depressant, you can't afford not to watch it.

I think many of us are in this situation because we wanted to feel better fast. Because we blindly follow authority and those that know more than us on a given subject, like our doctors. The fact is that there are some people who cannot function in the world without medication and then there are those of us that face the hardships of life and need help to cope. We went for the quick fix instead of actually changing our lives; what we eat, our exercise, the people in our lives, our busy schedules. And then when we don't like the results of taking this stuff, some people go cold turkey and expect to purge it quickly, because, once again, people just "don't have time" to take care of themselves. We need to take some responsibility for ourselves, do what it takes to make ourselves healthy, and then forgive ourselves and get mad at the people who have made this into big business.

Good luck and much light to everyone.

http://video.google....04572198377643#

Outstanding! This is a must watch. Thanks so much for posting!

Watchdog

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:36 PM

OMG!
Saw the video. It says that duloxetine (cymbalta active ingredient) is sold in some countries under the name Yentreve for stress urinary incontinence.

#3 I am who I am

I am who I am

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • why_joining:
    Trying to quit Cymbalta

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:02 AM

Only had time to watch a third of it tonight.. but definitely am going to finish this and pass it on!!!!!

WOW.

Thank you.

#4 Michelle Hinton

Michelle Hinton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • why_joining:
    need support coming off this drug

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:24 AM

This video is going to make you mad. I encourage everyone to watch it. If you don't have time, then watch it in segments. If you are on an anti-depressant, you can't afford not to watch it.

I think many of us are in this situation because we wanted to feel better fast. Because we blindly follow authority and those that know more than us on a given subject, like our doctors. The fact is that there are some people who cannot function in the world without medication and then there are those of us that face the hardships of life and need help to cope. We went for the quick fix instead of actually changing our lives; what we eat, our exercise, the people in our lives, our busy schedules. And then when we don't like the results of taking this stuff, some people go cold turkey and expect to purge it quickly, because, once again, people just "don't have time" to take care of themselves. We need to take some responsibility for ourselves, do what it takes to make ourselves healthy, and then forgive ourselves and get mad at the people who have made this into big business.

Good luck and much light to everyone.

http://video.google....04572198377643#

this video has opened my eyes. i will never take another anti-depressant again.

#5 queso

queso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

This is interesting, but I do find it to be extremely one-sided. I'd like to see a more unbiased video documentary that shows both sides.

#6 Shellbell

Shellbell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

WOW!Thank you!! So glad I found this thread! Please watch if you haven't already. Especially if you or a loved one is on an antidepressant. Will be sharing this for sure.

#7 Suzie75

Suzie75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

FDA in Canada???

Does anyone know the similarities and differences of the FDA from USA and Canada??

I am Canadian, and I was always under the impression that the canadian approval agency was a bit more strict. (Several drugs are often not readily available in Canada as they are in the US, or it will take a much longer time to get the approval.)

I wonder how (or if) the free health care in Canada plays a role in the "crooked equation" here up north (hopefully in the best interest of the population)... Since elderly's drugs are paid for by the government, and several programs are offered... I have confidence that our FDA isn't as trigger happy as the one in the states... because in the end, since out health care if free, pushing drug on us is costing our govenment lots of money,... (NOT in the government's best interest...)

Anyone have any thoughts or information about this??
I will have to start researching.

p.s. Needless to say, antidepressants are VERY available here in Canada, and I can confirm that several (I'd say more than half the woman) of my work colleagues are on the drug. However, I'm not so sure about the male population... but I have my doubts.

Suzie

#8 ExCymbaltan

ExCymbaltan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:03 AM

I see this was posted a long time ago but I just saw it as I am new here.

Please be advised that this "documentary" is a Scientology propaganda video.
Yes some of it is true...that's how propaganda works. But realize that just as drug companies and some doctors/psychiatrists have agendas, so does Scientology. I would seek out balanced and non-biased information. We've all been used enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users