28 replies to this topic

#1 Cymbalta4IED

Cymbalta4IED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern US
  • why_joining:
    Prescribed Cymbalta 8 months ago. I have bad reactions when I miss a dose. Want to learn more about the medication that I am on an other options.

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:22 PM

Hi I am new to the forum. I am not trying to stop taking Cymbalta (yet), however I do plan to change medication and wean off soon due to the withdrawls and side effects that I have experienced after 3 (seperate) accidental missed doses (60 mg). I experience extreme vertigo, blurry vision, brain zaps, loss of focus, irritability, anger, confusion, sharp stomach pain, diarrhea, anxiousness, memory loss and worse of all...rage which is why I take the medication to begin with. I have been taking Cymbalta for about a year now.

After 48 hours my rage disorder seems to magnify out of control. My wife has attested that if I ever miss another dose I will have to stay somewhere else for at least 3 days until I level off. I have children from the ages of 18 months to 15 and it is bad enough to have rage disorder much less a magnification of the disorder.

I'm looking for an alternative to Cymbalta for IED. I know there are many who would disagree even with the diagnosis of rage disorder but believe me I am a perfect clinical case of this diagnosis. My normal temperment is mild mannered and well behaved, jovial, never depressed always happy and very easy to get along with. I have episodes periodically that are way out of character for my nature and become extremely violent for intervals of about 20 minutes or so. I then feel really remorseful for my actions and I know that the behavior is not only unexceptable but also very unhealthy.

I have suffered with the disorder since an early childhood that may be traced back to a severe head injury to the left/slightly north center of my brain. After the accident I began to act out violently from time to time and the acts far outweigh whatever encourages the anger.

I am hoping there is someone here with a similar story who can help me find the right medication or supplement for my problem. I would like to be med free eventually, if possible and I definitly want to be Cymbalta free!

Thanks to everyone who shares on this forum. I know there are many more Cymbalta users who are seeking help and advice.

#2 Cymbalta4IED

Cymbalta4IED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • why_joining:
    Prescribed Cymbalta 8 months ago. I have bad reactions when I miss a dose. Want to learn more about the medication that I am on an other options.

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:26 PM

Update...

My last normal 60 mg dose of Cymbalta was taken on Fri. Oct. 29 around 12 PM.

I went from 60 mg of Cymbalta to 30 mg of Cymbalta and 20 Mg of Prozac on Sat. Oct 30 2010. Around 12 PM

I took my second dose as prescribed above today. Oct 31 2010. I already feel withdrawls from the Cymbalta even though I've taken it along with the Prozac. My symptoms are brain fog and slight dizziness. A very slight case of Vertigo. I haven't experienced any brain zaps yet (Thank God). I took my meds around 12 PM. It is now 1:10 PM.

Same pattern as my first post about missing doses. It seems for me around 48 hours after the reduction to 30mg of Cymbalta I am still haveing the same effects but not as intense. The Prozac doesn't seem to buffer the withdrawls at all, but may have a positive effect (hopefully) on how I react to the withdrawls.

One of biggest questions is why my doctor prescribed 30 mg Cymbalta and only 20 mg of Prozac....Wouldn't 30 mg of Prozac make more since?

#3 Cymbalta4IED

Cymbalta4IED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:50 PM

Another Update...

Same as yesterday...I started feeling slight withdrawals, an hour to 2 hours before my normal dose regimen (around lunch time with a meal 12 PM.) After meds - By 2 PM I was leveled off and feeling quite well.

It is quite evident that the decrease from 60 mg to 30 mg of Cymbalta is causing some side effects (withdrawals) irregaurd of the placement/substitute/combination of the Prozac.

I have a very intense interactive training session tomorrow on my job that will require focus and concentration. Because of this I am going to take my meds earlier in the morning. I plan to take my meds around 6 AM to prevent the 2 hr withdrawal window that has reared it's ugly head.

I will update on a daily basis with my (hopefull progress)

I will say that the addition of the Prozac and the decrease of Cymbalta has helped me with focus and clarity (when leveled off). I have also been less irritable than times of accidental missed doses.

Thanks for giving me a place to share with others who want off of Cymbalta. I hope to 1 day be med free but today I just want to be Cymbalta free!

Cymbalta SUX!

#4 Cymbalta4IED

Cymbalta4IED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:57 PM

Update....

I took my 30 mg of Cymbalta and my 20 mg of Prozac this morning around 6 AM , I made it through my training course for my job with no side effects or withdrawals. My concentration was great and I interacted well (imo). Around 5 PM (after work) I started to taste chemicals, I also began to experience some hyperactivity, anxiousness and a sort of jumpy nervousness. This behavior is not normal to the Cymbalta withdrawals that I have experienced in the past, so I will assume that this is the effects of the Prozac beginning to stabilize in my system.

"Don't try this at home...." I made a trip to the local convenient store for a 6 pack of Bud Ice around 6 30 PM to try and ease the hyperactivity....I know.... it's not wise to drink with anti-depressants (especially Cymbalta!) That's another reason I want off of Cymbalta. I have read on this forum about the dangers of liver toxicity when using alcohol. I must confess....I like a good cold beer ;)

Anyway I feel much better after 2 beers but I still taste the chemicals, and I can tell that there are some changes going on in my brain chemistry from the new/combination of the meds.

All in all it was a good day and my mood was very relaxed until about 5 PM when the hyperactivity set in. I have not experienced any drastic mood swings or feelings of rage since my transition to 30 mg of Cymbalta and 20 Mg of Prozac.

I still have hope :)

Cya 2morrow!

#5 Cymbalta4IED

Cymbalta4IED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:57 PM

Update...
I wish I could change the name of this thread. If I could I would change it to "Follow My Weaning From Cymbalta Progress".

If there is a moderator reading, I would appreciate it.

Things went smoother today than yesterday. Again, I took my meds earlier than normal... 6 AM.Underwent an intense brain storming and think tank situation on my job, for the second day (all day 9 hours with a few 10 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch.)

Again, I performed well, participated in a very intense social environment with clarity and focus, and interacted as expected or better (imo)

I have decided to stick with the early AM dosage for the obvious reason - The weaning process and the withdrawals should be easier to tolerate if the window of withdrawal is during sleeping hours.

I am in agreement with yesterdays assumption that the hyperactivity and anxiousness (Around 6 PM) were due to the Prozac stabilizing in my system. Today was much better.

I am again....very hopeful :)

#6 DLAO83

DLAO83

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am getting off of cymbalta and would like to hear and respond to others

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:09 PM

I have been keeping up with your thread- it made me smile because I too wouldn't mind changing my thread to something, but since I never know how I'm going to feel on a day to day basis, I would say something like "The Everyday Erratic Behavior of a Anti-Cymbalta Withdawalist" or something.

I'm glad to see that things are working out for you and that you did okay today with the intense training! YAY!

I'll be checking back to see you progress soon! :-)

#7 Cymbalta4IED

Cymbalta4IED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:54 PM

I have been keeping up with your thread- it made me smile because I too wouldn't mind changing my thread to something, but since I never know how I'm going to feel on a day to day basis, I would say something like "The Everyday Erratic Behavior of a Anti-Cymbalta Withdawalist" or something.

I'm glad to see that things are working out for you and that you did okay today with the intense training! YAY!

I'll be checking back to see you progress soon! :-)

Thanx DLAO83! Nice to finally hear from someone. I know people are watching the thread, but I kinda expected more comments at this point. I'm following you to and I really hope everything works out for you. IMO this drug should be pulled and never prescribed again. Like most people that suffer with IED.... I began to self medicate at an early age with drugs and alcohol. I have been addicted to Cocaine, Crack Cocaine, Methamphetamine, a variety of pain pills etc etc.

I have successfully kicked all of the above including nicotine (I smoked Marlboro Reds for 13 years). I have been free of addiction since 1995! With all of the drugs mentioned I detoxed myself with no help COLD TURKEY! The hardest was Nicotine.

Cymbalta is much more addictive than any of the drugs mentioned above, maybe not in the beginning like Cocaine or Methamphetamine, but after the dependency sets in Cymbalta becomes a beast!

I have been on Cymbalta for less than a year and the dependency is brutal and very scary! I empathize with everyone on this site and understand how you feel. I hope we can all make it through this thing with each others help.

Thanks heaps for your reply.

#8 Cymbalta4IED

Cymbalta4IED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:40 PM

Here we go...Sticking to taking my prescribed doses at 6 AM. This morning was pretty rough. I tossed and turned most of the night along with waking up several times. I was awake by 5 AM and felt like I was on speed. Had shakes really bad and could tell I was suffering withdrawals.

I was very hyped and alert but at the same time very anxious and almost paranoid feeling...really hard to describe how I felt but it was definitely from chemical dependence. I know the symptoms and I know my body.

Entered my office at 8 AM and although I was feeling better I still felt the withdrawals and after being told I had to make 2 short United Way speeches to 2 groups of associates I nearly went home for the feeling of anxiety and nervousness.

When I experience withdrawals it is very hard to concentrate, focus and even speak. My words sometimes come out scrambled and even slurred. Many times I have zero memory of events that have occurred later. I was very concerned that I would simply break down under the pressure.

The first speaking event was at 9 AM and I was on the downside of the withdrawals my meds were starting to work but I was still not leveled off. According to others in the meeting I did really well. I did have a moment where I was very uncomfortable and a bit stressed feeling.

The Second speaking event was held at 10 AM, by this time I was leveled off on my meds and felt comfortable speaking. The rest of the day until now has been very good.

In my mind I expected the days to get better as they go along, but I can see now that the jump from 60 to 30 Mg is going to be a battle. At this point I will continue with my prescribed dosage and fight it out.

I still have hope :)

#9 jamie70

jamie70

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:
    having severe withdraw symptoms

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:54 PM

I have been keeping up with your progress since yesterday, when I found this place. I have been taking 60mg for about 9 month and already felt it wasn't working for me anymore. After talking to my Dr. last week she has me taking Cymbalta every other day and 10mg of Zoloft the other days. I knew there would be side effects, I'm the one who asked my Dr. what I needed to do to wean off of it...she didn't know about the withdraw symptoms!! Unlike you, I have never been addicted to anything so I don't know what it's like to go through the withdraws, but this is horrible! I have had the worst headache the last 2 days ( I am on day 7) today I took Zoloft. I am going to try counting beads from here out and see if it is any better. I have tried to be active by walking in the mornings. I can't think, I am forgeting words, I can't have a lot of noise around me expecially loud noise..I'm really cranky, my neck hurts, all my muscles hurt and I completely zone out. I haven't taken any of the supplements that some members have talked about, but I make a trip to the store for those tomorrow, also. I don't have anyone that understands what I'm going through..I think they think it's in my head....if they only knew...

#10 Cymbalta4IED

Cymbalta4IED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:20 PM

I have been keeping up with your progress since yesterday, when I found this place. I have been taking 60mg for about 9 month and already felt it wasn't working for me anymore. After talking to my Dr. last week she has me taking Cymbalta every other day and 10mg of Zoloft the other days. I knew there would be side effects, I'm the one who asked my Dr. what I needed to do to wean off of it...she didn't know about the withdraw symptoms!! Unlike you, I have never been addicted to anything so I don't know what it's like to go through the withdraws, but this is horrible! I have had the worst headache the last 2 days ( I am on day 7) today I took Zoloft. I am going to try counting beads from here out and see if it is any better. I have tried to be active by walking in the mornings. I can't think, I am forgeting words, I can't have a lot of noise around me expecially loud noise..I'm really cranky, my neck hurts, all my muscles hurt and I completely zone out. I haven't taken any of the supplements that some members have talked about, but I make a trip to the store for those tomorrow, also. I don't have anyone that understands what I'm going through..I think they think it's in my head....if they only knew...

Yep...I understand you completely and so do many others. All the symptoms you described are symptoms of Cymbalta withdrawals. I have had success with my wife and childred only when it comes to understanding what I am going through with Cymbalta. I have let her read many of the threads that are here to help her. My children have been easy, they are so non-judgemental and unconditional that it is overwhelming.

Not only am I supported by my family concerning the Cymbalta crap, they are also very understanding and supportive when it comes to the reason I asked for help in the first place. If you think it's hard to get someone to understand how a prescription drug is affecting you, try getting someone to understand that you have a medical condition that 99 % of people don't accept even exist lol!

I am thankful for having the loving family that I have. If you cant find support from the outside world at least you can find support here. I am a newbie to the site, but I am not a newbie to the condition, and it is so with everyone here. We know what you are going through and we understand. Keep the communication going and update as much as you can. Your experience alone may help others with similar scenarios. Realize that we all go through things for a reason. The reason we suffer is to help others find relief under the same circumstances. You may feel incredibly sick, frustrated, and helpless...but you have been chosen to be A Healer. Your purpose in this trial is to walk away victoriously so that others can follow your path :)

Don't mean to sound like Dr. Phil or lessen the fact that Lilly Pharm and the doctors that prescribe this shit deserve a swift kick in the balls :lol:

#11 Cymbalta4IED

Cymbalta4IED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:02 PM

Update...

Sticking to the 6 AM regimen of both Cymbalta 30mg and Prozac 20mg...I did great today. No withdrawals that are worth mentioning.

Very odd that this combo seems very unpredictable. Last night I slept better than the night before with only a few events of waking up. I felt sleepy instead of wired like the night before where I tossed and turned and got little sleep.

I will note that since dropping from the 60 to 30 mg of "shitbalta" I'm not sweating at night where on the 60's I was always sweating. I've noticed a slight bit of irritability but nothing outside of the stress that normal life produces.

More hopeful 2day than yesterday :)

#12 DLAO83

DLAO83

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am getting off of cymbalta and would like to hear and respond to others

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:56 AM

Update...

Sticking to the 6 AM regimen of both Cymbalta 30mg and Prozac 20mg...I did great today. No withdrawals that are worth mentioning.

Very odd that this combo seems very unpredictable. Last night I slept better than the night before with only a few events of waking up. I felt sleepy instead of wired like the night before where I tossed and turned and got little sleep.

I will note that since dropping from the 60 to 30 mg of "shitbalta" I'm not sweating at night where on the 60's I was always sweating. I've noticed a slight bit of irritability but nothing outside of the stress that normal life produces.

More hopeful 2day than yesterday :)

Haha, I like that "shitbalta"!

Part of the reason why I hate it is BECAUSE of the sweating- excessively all the time! At first it was only at night, but eventually progressed to during the day as well. I NEVER got cold, and I mean NEVER! I always felt like I was burning up.

Since I've been off Cymbalta completely and strictly on the other Anti-dep, I have GOTTEN COLD! I wore a jacket today. I use my covers in bed now. And although I still get hot, I'm not running around feeling like a damp wash cloth all day from sweating so much. A-FREAKING-MAZING!

So, my fellow anti-Shitbalta-list, CHEERS to non-perspiration! :-D

#13 jamie70

jamie70

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:
    having severe withdraw symptoms

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:43 AM

Love the "Shitbalta"!! Thanks for the "Dr. Phil" speach..it really does help! I did the bead thing yesterday and I am going to continue weaning myself off that way. I had the worst headache yesterday morning and couldn't hardly function at work! I was so cranky and my body hurt, I was soo tired, I went home at lunch drank a protein drink and fell asleep on the couch, but when I woke up and went back to work I was a totally different person! I felt so much better, probably because the cymbalta that I took that morning kicked in ( I had been w/o it the day before). I think I'm going to put off taking any Zoloft until I get weaned completely off the cymbalta! I can't handle the headaches, the loud noises, and being so short fused (I'm usually an easy going person).

I took Prozac for years and never had a problem with side effects or withdraw symptom when I quit taking it. I really liked it, it just wasn't working anymore for me. After that it was Celexa which worked for awhile, then I felt like I needed something else, that's when I started taking Cymbalta. I've only been taking it for about 7 months. I thought it was working at first, but then the last couple of months I didn't feel like it was doing what it should be doing. So has anyone out there been on Zoloft? How did it work? What are the side-effects? I had a friend say try Paxil, what do you think about that? I basically started taking anti-dep for PMS, but now I think it's not that, it's for depression and anxiety. I've been a single mom for 13 yrs and have had a lot of finacial stress. Now I am dreading that a little over a yr from now my youngest will graduate at move off to college...and I will be all alone. That has been weighing heavy on me!!

Oh and I sweat constantly....always thought it was "hormones"!! Maybe it will get better when I get this shitbalta out of my system??

Thanks everyone!!

#14 Cymbalta4IED

Cymbalta4IED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:25 PM

Haha, I like that "shitbalta"!

Part of the reason why I hate it is BECAUSE of the sweating- excessively all the time! At first it was only at night, but eventually progressed to during the day as well. I NEVER got cold, and I mean NEVER! I always felt like I was burning up.

Since I've been off Cymbalta completely and strictly on the other Anti-dep, I have GOTTEN COLD! I wore a jacket today. I use my covers in bed now. And although I still get hot, I'm not running around feeling like a damp wash cloth all day from sweating so much. A-FREAKING-MAZING!

So, my fellow anti-Shitbalta-list, CHEERS to non-perspiration! :-D

I know what you mean. I sweat excessively at night when on the 60 mgs, now that I am on the 30's and Prozac....Not near as bad.

#15 Cymbalta4IED

Cymbalta4IED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:31 PM

Love the "Shitbalta"!! Thanks for the "Dr. Phil" speach..it really does help! I did the bead thing yesterday and I am going to continue weaning myself off that way. I had the worst headache yesterday morning and couldn't hardly function at work! I was so cranky and my body hurt, I was soo tired, I went home at lunch drank a protein drink and fell asleep on the couch, but when I woke up and went back to work I was a totally different person! I felt so much better, probably because the cymbalta that I took that morning kicked in ( I had been w/o it the day before). I think I'm going to put off taking any Zoloft until I get weaned completely off the cymbalta! I can't handle the headaches, the loud noises, and being so short fused (I'm usually an easy going person).

I took Prozac for years and never had a problem with side effects or withdraw symptom when I quit taking it. I really liked it, it just wasn't working anymore for me. After that it was Celexa which worked for awhile, then I felt like I needed something else, that's when I started taking Cymbalta. I've only been taking it for about 7 months. I thought it was working at first, but then the last couple of months I didn't feel like it was doing what it should be doing. So has anyone out there been on Zoloft? How did it work? What are the side-effects? I had a friend say try Paxil, what do you think about that? I basically started taking anti-dep for PMS, but now I think it's not that, it's for depression and anxiety. I've been a single mom for 13 yrs and have had a lot of finacial stress. Now I am dreading that a little over a yr from now my youngest will graduate at move off to college...and I will be all alone. That has been weighing heavy on me!!

Oh and I sweat constantly....always thought it was "hormones"!! Maybe it will get better when I get this shitbalta out of my system??

Thanks everyone!!

I can't help with your questions of other drugs...this is the first time I have been prescribed anti-depressants. I have a friend that takes Zoloft for mood swings and he functions very well. He has stated that he can tell when he misses a dose and so can everyone else lol.

I have heard positive stories about Paxil also. At this point I think anything is a better choice than Shitbalta!

#16 Cymbalta4IED

Cymbalta4IED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:35 PM

Update...

Today went well got up at 6 AM and was a bit shaky, but within a couple of hours after my meds, I did ok.

I am noticing a bit more irritability today than yesterday. But I haven't had any uncontrollable anger or emotions.

Still hopeful :)

#17 Cymbalta4IED

Cymbalta4IED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:18 AM

Update....

I sleep late on Saturdays so I was a few hours late on my meds. Took them around 9:30 AM....time changed so it was really around 10:30.

Nothing unusual to report other than some shakiness this morning.

I go back to my doc. next week.

Unless I have something significant to share, I am through posting till then.

Very Hopeful.

#18 Hol

Hol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • why_joining:
    I need advice and support from others who have suffered from stopping (and starting) Cymbalta. I never joined a forum and I would like to connect with others who may offer advice, support and hope.

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:00 PM

I know what you are going through (and so do many of us).

I am not sure if this helps, but I found this on a Harvard Medical School site. It lets you know when Cymbalta gets out of your body (it does not take long). That is why by day three, we go into withdrawal.

I hope this chart helps.

Antidepressant drugs and their half-lives*
Drug Half out of body in 99% out of body in
Serotonin reuptake inhibitors
paroxetine (Paxil) 24 hours 4.4 days
sertraline (Zoloft) 26 hours 5.4 days
escitalopram (Lexapro) 27 to 32 hours 6.1 days
citalopram (Celexa) 36 hours 7.3 days
fluoxetine (Prozac) Four to six days 25 days

Serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors
venlafaxine (Effexor) 5 hours 1 day
duloxetine (Cymbalta) 12 hours 2.5 days
desvenlafaxine (Pristiq)12 hours 2.5 days

Dopamine and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor
bupropion (Wellbutrin) 21 hours 4.4 days

*Discontinuation symptoms typically start when 90% or more of the drug has left your system.
Source: Adapted from Joseph Glenmullen, M.D., The Antidepressant Solution: A Step-by-Step Guide to Safely Overcoming Antidepressant Withdrawal, Dependence, and "Addiction" (Free Press, 2006).

#19 Cymbalta4IED

Cymbalta4IED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:00 PM

I know what you are going through (and so do many of us).

I am not sure if this helps, but I found this on a Harvard Medical School site. It lets you know when Cymbalta gets out of your body (it does not take long). That is why by day three, we go into withdrawal.

I hope this chart helps.

Antidepressant drugs and their half-lives*
Drug Half out of body in 99% out of body in
Serotonin reuptake inhibitors
paroxetine (Paxil) 24 hours 4.4 days
sertraline (Zoloft) 26 hours 5.4 days
escitalopram (Lexapro) 27 to 32 hours 6.1 days
citalopram (Celexa) 36 hours 7.3 days
fluoxetine (Prozac) Four to six days 25 days

Serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors
venlafaxine (Effexor) 5 hours 1 day
duloxetine (Cymbalta) 12 hours 2.5 days
desvenlafaxine (Pristiq)12 hours 2.5 days

Dopamine and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor
bupropion (Wellbutrin) 21 hours 4.4 days

*Discontinuation symptoms typically start when 90% or more of the drug has left your system.
Source: Adapted from Joseph Glenmullen, M.D., The Antidepressant Solution: A Step-by-Step Guide to Safely Overcoming Antidepressant Withdrawal, Dependence, and "Addiction" (Free Press, 2006).

Thanks heaps for the info...now it makes since. I can also see why Prozac would be the obvious choice for a sub during the weaning process.

#20 Cymbalta4IED

Cymbalta4IED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:05 PM

Update....

Everything has gone well. I still take my meds in the morning around 6 to 7 am. I go back to the doctor this week. I will suggest another decrease in the Shitbalta down to 20 mg. After that I guess I will weigh the beads and try 10mg until off of this crap.

I really cant complain of my progress after reading many of the threads on this site. And I damned well would NEVER try to get off this crap cold turkey!

Oh yeah....btw everyone feel free to use the "NO SHITBALTA" logo that I made :lol:

#21 citysister

citysister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    cymbalta is horrible

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:26 PM

Hi, I'm new to this site, but not to cymbalta--it sucks!! I am in the midst of weaning off this poison and have been feeling the effects for about a week now. I have already missed two days of work and have to keep cracker-like snacks at my desk just so I don't puke!! I went from 60mg to 40mg for two weeks, then down to 20mg for two weeks. I took the last pill today. This should be interesting. I must admit that I am worried about being sick at work--I do not like missing work as it is a small office and we need everyone there. Luckily, it is at a medical clinic so most people there are aware of discontinuation sx. I love the shitbalta stuff!! Made me laugh for the first time in a couple of days!!

#22 RickWC

RickWC

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • why_joining:
    Trying to quit Cymbalta

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:34 AM

Hi, I'm new to this site, but not to cymbalta--it sucks!! I am in the midst of weaning off this poison and have been feeling the effects for about a week now. I have already missed two days of work and have to keep cracker-like snacks at my desk just so I don't puke!! I went from 60mg to 40mg for two weeks, then down to 20mg for two weeks. I took the last pill today. This should be interesting. I must admit that I am worried about being sick at work--I do not like missing work as it is a small office and we need everyone there. Luckily, it is at a medical clinic so most people there are aware of discontinuation sx. I love the shitbalta stuff!! Made me laugh for the first time in a couple of days!!

Good luck. I've gone from 60mg to 30mg for the past 10 days. Tomorrow will be last dose of 30mg and the doc wants me to completely stop. I'm quite nervouse.

Shitbalta is funny but the drug does have some positive benifits for pain relief. That's why I went on it to begin with. Sadly, the bad seems to outweigh the good. That's why I'm quitting. But over the past 3 days, the pain has been back and I don't know if I will be able to handle this.

#23 Cymbalta4IED

Cymbalta4IED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:15 PM

Update....

Friday, my Doc dropped me down to to 20mg of Shitbalta and 20 or 40 mg's of Prozac (one or two my choice).I have chosen the 40 mg of Prozac along with the 20 of Shitbalta.

Saturday wasn't bad....Sunday, experienced some withdrawals (mostly edgy, and irritable) and today was tough... Took my meds at 7:00 am and was very irritable, dizzy, anxious, and confused until around 10 am then finally leveled off. Ate around 11 am and felt much much better.

Continued to feel good until arriving home from work around 7:30 pm and started to feel edgy again. It's now 10 pm and I need quiet. In a house with 6 children this is VERY hard to achieve. My 19 month toddler fell off the top bunk of his older brother's bed onto his back and freaked my wife and I completely out :o We had the 2 teenage boys take the bed apart and put it on the floor.

Made it through that excitement without getting Irate or losing it...but could tell it was just around the corner.

I didn't think that a 10 mg decrease would make that much of a difference....but can tell a huge difference in mood swings, dizziness, lack of focus, and anxiety. No brain zaps since the beginning of weaning. :)

Just when I think things are working great...This may be harder than I expected :(

Will try and share more 2morrow

#24 Cymbalta4IED

Cymbalta4IED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:11 PM

Update...

Pretty much the same as yesterday, but the evening was a bit easier. Took my meds a bit earlier 5 am....still felt dizzy till about 10 am. I refuse to give in and take more Shitbalta to level off....I will beat this crap! Slowly but surely :)

Oh btw...the baby is fine he acted a little strange for about an hour, but he was back to normal in no time. My floor has commercial carpet and he must have fell on his back in a way that didn't hurt him seriously, he has a pretty large lump on the back of his head but he's fine :)

#25 notme

notme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • why_joining:
    I need help...

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:16 PM

Update...

Pretty much the same as yesterday, but the evening was a bit easier. Took my meds a bit earlier 5 am....still felt dizzy till about 10 am. I refuse to give in and take more Shitbalta to level off....I will beat this crap! Slowly but surely :)

Oh btw...the baby is fine he acted a little strange for about an hour, but he was back to normal in no time. My floor has commercial carpet and he must have fell on his back in a way that didn't hurt him seriously, he has a pretty large lump on the back of his head but he's fine :)

I have been off of Cymbalta for almost 3 mts. and getting off cold turkey has been a nightmare!!! The anger has the worse part because usually I don't have an mean bone in my body... I have been on an anti dep. for 15 yrs. and was on Cymbalta for 4 60 mg. I went this weekend and filled my pers. for zoloft. Feel like I failed but had to had to have some help. I am feeling better already and tonight will be my 3rd dose. I just don't want to feel so guilty over needing something. It took me about 2 good mths. to stop having all of my withdrawl symptoms the only on that did not get any better was the anger and being anxious.

Sounds like you are making great progress and really glad to hear your little boy is ok. thats a long fall from the top of a bunk bed.

oh yea I was always hot on Cymbalta also miserable. I wish everyone the best and if I can answer any question i will be happy too...

#26 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to get this toxin out of my body!

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:00 PM

The sweating on Cymbalta was terrible. There could have been a foot of snow on the ground and I would have sweat rolling off my forehead. So uncomfortable and embarrassing.

I am weaning and currently on 10-15mg of the crap. I eyeball the beads and try my best. The side effects are getting worse though. I am still on my regular dose of WEllbutrin but don't know if it's helping. My dr also gave me a RX for Prozac but more for the fear of my depression returning than the easing of withdrawal symptoms. I don't think that she believes me when I tell her the physical symptoms are worse than the depression.

I need a story of someone who successfully got off the crap.....I need some hope!

#27 notme

notme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • why_joining:
    I need help...

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:27 AM

Hi newbe

I know the feelings you are having right now. I quit cold turkey and it was sooo hard. You can do this though. I don't know what side effects you were having but mine were awful while taking the Cymbalta. My Dr. had checked my gaullbladder and I had been checked for Lupis. I had no idea it was the Cymbalta until I read this forum. I was very sick but do feel much better. I have started on Zoloft to help out with my anger and just being anxious. I never had any of those issues before getting off of Cymbalta. I am feeling so much better I feel healthy once again. It will get better and getting it out of your system is the best thing you will do for yourself. Just remember you will feel better it just takes time. You are still weaning but are getting closer to you goal... I do take a multi vitimin, fish oil caps and niacin. I feel it has helped lots with the brain zaps. Keep me posted on your progress...

notme

#28 Cymbalta4IED

Cymbalta4IED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:04 PM

Read my new thread "Sucess Story How I Kicked Shitbalta's Ass!" here....

https://www.cymbalta...9-sucess-story/

:D B) :D B) :D

#29 Shitastic

Shitastic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

Oh. My. Word. There are other people like me!! *jumping for joy* The sweating, especially the sweating is the worst!!

So, I found you all because I Google's "Side effects of missing a does of cymbalta" and I couldn't be happier and scared all at the same time. I've been on other anti-anxiety meds and when I've missed I withdrew like what I assume a street drug addict would feel like. Vomiting, shakes, headaches, you name it, it happened. I will be missing dose 2 tonight and am very nervous. Somehow my insurance provider is denying my refill becayse they say I'm not due for a fill until Dec. That's crap, even my pharmacy says they would think I'm due.

I've been wanting to get off of Cymbalta because of the sweating, weight gain, etc....but have been scared. I'm diagnosed with GAD. I wish I could just not be on anything, but am fearful that might not be in my cards. :(

Anywho, glad to have found this site and am looking forward to reading all the other threads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users