No replies to this topic

#1 watchdog

watchdog

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • why_joining:
    Will be helping my wife detox from cymbalta.

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:30 PM

So I've been on cymbalta about 3months now, and have probably only missed a dose twice, I would say I keep rather excellent track of taking this pill! Nonetheless, the last week I have been crying, very depressed and wish I were dead already. Anyone else feel this while on Cymbalta? Don't worry, I wouldn't ever take my own life. I just wish someone would come along and do the job for me, do me a huge favor! I've been so good about taking my pills too! What the hell! I was doing fabulous from the get go! Not yelling, being angry and mean all the time. I was sooooooooo docile,bubbly, very lovable. I'm on 60mg, but I feel worse than before I started this drug, and I feel like I'd just like to run away from the world and be alone forever. I hate feeling this way, when the only thing I'm wishing for is that silence, that infinite peace that death provides

VanessaP-

I'm sorry to hear you are going through such a tough time. The key to getting through this, is to remember that you are under the influence of a mind altering drug. When you come to conclusions such as you mentioned, you know intellectually they are not right..... this is the drug "talking". You need to be around people/persons who understand the situation that you are in and can support you while you get a handle on things. My wife has been detoxing from cymbalta for several months, and is down to 30mg from 90. It has been a roller-coaster ride I do not care to do again. However know this.... things do get better, and it is possible to get your "old self" back! It will take time. Keep this in the back of your mind as well..... death is a permanent answer to a temporary problem.
Remember the good things.... sounds silly, but there is a lot to live for!

Take care

Watchdog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users