Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • why_joining:
    Trying to quit Cymbalta

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:39 PM

Hey all-

I have been looking things up online all day as I have such a bad migraine that I can barely stand up. I even took some ibuprofen, which I hate having to take. I just feel so awful and my head is pounding- I can't open my right eye all the way as the pain is so bad.

Anyway- it is leading me to some good finds online- the first is this-

https://www.accessda...atch-online.htm

That is the FDA's website where you can report problems associated with a medication!!!!! YES!!! I started to fill it out, but I'm going to contact my doctor for some info about when I was diagnosed with the tumor in my liver and cysts on my ovaries.

I also found this on the FDAs website:

Cymbalta (duloxetine hydrochloride) Oct 2005
Audience: Neuropsychiatric and other healthcare professionals
[Posted 10/17/2005] Eli Lilly and FDA notified healthcare professionals of revision to the PRECAUTIONS/Hepatotoxicity section of the prescribing information for Cymbalta (duloxetine hydrochloride), indicated for treatment of major depressive disorder and diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain. Postmarketing reports of hepatic injury (including hepatitis and cholestatic jaundice) suggest that patients with preexisting liver disease who take duloxetine may have an increased risk for further liver damage. The new labeling extends the Precaution against using Cymbalta in patients with substantial alcohol use to include those patients with chronic liver disease. It is recommended that Cymbalta not be administered to patients with any hepatic insufficiency.
[October 05, 2005 - Letter - Eli Lilly]

SOOOOOO- Cymbalta GAVE ME A TUMOR IN MY LIVER AND THEN THE SAME DOCTOR THAT PUT ME ON CYMBALTA DIAGNOSED THE TUMOR IN MY LIVER- AND KEPT ME ON CYMBALTA!!!!!?!??!?!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?!? I'll keep updating as I find things. But if all of us who are having this horrible side effects and withdrawal effects could complain online- WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!

#2 UnitedWeCan

UnitedWeCan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • why_joining:
    To try to make a difference.

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:31 PM

The FDA is a good idea but did you know that there was a congressional investigation into the FDA regarding their cozy relationship with the drug companies in 2004? We need someone who has the finances and power to do something. The most we have gotten is a warning on the label in very fine print. Please send name and story to pamward36@hotmail.com. my phone is 513-254-6584. I am a real person with the same problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users