Joh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • why_joining:
    Trying to taper off Cymbalta

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:52 AM

Cymbalta for back pain! This is just going to get crazier and crazier, who is going to warn a whole slew of new victims about this drug? Certainly not the doctors. Eli Lily you should be ashamed of yourselves.

#2 jamie70

jamie70

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:
    having severe withdraw symptoms

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:50 AM

I don't see how they can do that? Do they have proof? Do they have to have proof? I have back pain caused by my sciatic nerve, never put a dent in it!!

#3 crashed

crashed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • why_joining:
    missed 3 days of cymbalta; on the way home from work I dont remember driving thru neighborhood, became unconscious, drove up the sidewalk, hit 2 trees and then woke to the car wobbling thru the bushes... thats why u dont want to miss a dose

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:59 PM

Cymbalta for back pain! This is just going to get crazier and crazier, who is going to warn a whole slew of new victims about this drug? Certainly not the doctors. Eli Lily you should be ashamed of yourselves.

#4 crashed

crashed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • why_joining:
    missed 3 days of cymbalta; on the way home from work I dont remember driving thru neighborhood, became unconscious, drove up the sidewalk, hit 2 trees and then woke to the car wobbling thru the bushes... thats why u dont want to miss a dose

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:01 PM

that is the main reason i ever started taking Cymbalta. "They" had me with "depression can hurt" campaign!!!!!!!!We all know its "Cymbalta that hurts"

#5 barney59

barney59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been on Cymbalta for several years and my doctor started weening me off 3 wks ago. I am now having symptoms that I don't understand

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:42 AM

I went thru my "Cymbalta Hell" 1 year ago. I continue to do everything I can to spread the word as to how toxic Cymbalta really is. I live here in Indy, HQ of Lilly. I have responded to several articles written on Cymbalta. Just yesterday, I responded to the staff writer, along with the newspaper President and Editor, regarding the article that was published on Cymbalta and the approval Lilly received to now market this drug for pain/back pain. The most telling statement made in this article was: "Since it hit the market in 2004, Cymbalta has been used by about 30 million patients in the US. That's despite the fact that scientists do not understand exactly how Cymbalta works". I guess all 30 million of us continue to be guinea pigs for Lilly! Anyway, I just wanted all of you know that I continue my fight against Cymbalta and I won't stop. I talk to anyone who will listen and tell them "our" story. Although it has been a year now, I do check back with this site every now and then. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you suffering thru this hell right now. It is a tough journey, but stay strong and you will get through it. I did.

#6 Cymbalta4IED

Cymbalta4IED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern US
  • why_joining:
    Prescribed Cymbalta 8 months ago. I have bad reactions when I miss a dose. Want to learn more about the medication that I am on an other options.

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:22 PM

I have chronic back pain due to an auto accident that fractured my lower lumbar more than 20 years ago.

I have taken Shitbalta for 10 months and it hasn't helped my back pain at all. Ibuprofen, Tylenol, etc, do a much better job for the discomfort.

Shitbalta SUX!

#7 Cat

Cat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • why_joining:
    coming off Cymbalta

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:06 PM

www.cchr.org
watch Making a Killing and you'll see the how the pharmaceutical industry is a multiu-billion dollar industry in besd with doctors. They are great marketers...no scientific evidence these drugs work on depression....was there a blood test or chemical test done to determine what is wrong with us? Did they ask questions? Big difference. No CATscans? No urine testing? Yet we are all on these meds because we had a bad experience in life that made us really really sad and therefore no testing is done yet take a pill and it will be better. CHA-CHING!
Please watch Making a Killing and pass it along.
jerikasteele@comcast.net

#8 Karen

Karen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationVermont
  • why_joining:
    Have been on Cymbalta for the past nine years for incontience. Am very curious how my bladder will do without the drug. After so many years...is it still effective?

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:45 PM

i was a guinea pig for cymbalta about 7 years ago for my incontience issue. I must admit that the 60mg. has worked all these years. I have been weaning off this drug since September and am down to 10mg. with VERY LITTLE side effects. Thanks to all of this feedback on this forum!! I have been paying $400.00 for a 90 day supply....times 7 years. That alone was time to stop!!

#9 Karen

Karen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationVermont
  • why_joining:
    Have been on Cymbalta for the past nine years for incontience. Am very curious how my bladder will do without the drug. After so many years...is it still effective?

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:30 PM

correction....i have been on this 'hate-pill' for NINE years.....my mind is leaving me...hope to find it again:))

#10 sandinafh

sandinafh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City
  • why_joining:
    to wean off Cymbalta

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:05 PM

Please tell me how you did it with very little side affects... I need to hear some good news!

Sandina

#11 Joh

Joh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • why_joining:
    Trying to taper off Cymbalta

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:50 PM

Sorry Stetson......you are right some people have benefited alot from Cymbalta.

#12 citysister

citysister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    cymbalta is horrible

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:38 PM

Yes, some people may have been helped by cymbalta--I will not dispute that. I had an issue a couple of years ago when my insurance company would not pay for cymbalta. I was experiencing an episode of major depression at the time and was at the max dosage (or close to it). I switched jobs (ironically to a medical clinic)and my insurance changed. My insurance would only allow 60mg a day but I had to buy pills outright just so I wouldn't get the withdrawal sx. What a joke!! I did some digging and found that the patent was close to being done (or was already) but they were able to get an extension for fibomyalgia (spelling?). Now it's another condition--do they get yet another extension? The drug company should be ashamed of itself!! As I type this I just saw a commercial for this poison--depression hurts?!? duh?!? This is far worse. I usually am the most positive person, but this withdrawal crap is horrible. I'm scared to even go to work on Monday, just love to see how I will feel!!

#13 lscranford

lscranford

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:19 AM

correction....i have been on this 'hate-pill' for NINE years.....my mind is leaving me...hope to find it again:))

Karen, I'm linda. I'm going to see my doc. today at 11:40 have planned to tell her I want off this stuff.
I'm been on cymbalta for 10 years. I have reached a point where if I miss one pill I get night terrors.

I have thrown myself out of bed,run into walls, screamed and hollared and scared my husband half to death hitting
him and screaming. I figured if missing one dose does that to me what is it doing to my everyday brain.

I've done research and after looking at all this information I found that anti depressants are not to be
given to bipolar people. Well, maybe I'm not totally crazy after all. They warn (in general) that an
antidepressant may lead to suididal feelings what jeezz bipolar people already think like that.....

What's so wrong is that my psychiatrist is the one who prescribed cymbalta. So much for making the big bucks.

I'm now scared I know I have to go off this stuff but how can I work and go thru this withdrawal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users