#1 yafacio

yafacio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    on cymbalta and want more information

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:33 PM

Here's the deal...I've been on anti-depressants for 15 years. I don't have a normal brain. So although have tried to go off SSRI's in the past I've come to realize I'm kind of stuck staying on them. When I was put on Cymbalta a couple of years ago it was a God-send not only did it fix my regular brain issues it also decreased the frequency and intensity of my Migraines. I know now that the issues I have off SSRI's are related to my Migraines. At the time I was having as many as 4-5 per week and could rarely make it home without stopping on the side of the road somewhere to vomit. The Cymbalta fixed all that.

My only issue with the SSRI's in general is the weight gain issue. I have tried for years to get my weight down but it keeps crawling back up. I eat very little in the morning and afternoon and save most my calories for dinner. I run 3 miles 4-5 times a week and still can't seem to lose even one pound. SO... my doctor and I decided that perhaps I could decrease the dose from 60mg to 30mg to see if that might help with weight loss. My Migraines have improved in recent months so I'm willing to take the risk.

MY QUESTION: going from 60mg to 30mg didn't seem like such a big deal... but it has been pretty awful. 4 days into it and I'm shaky, queasy, dizzy and I have terrible night sweats and vivid dreams. I tried to go for a run and that put me over the edge and gave me a migraine.

Do I have to wean? If so, how? Doc said there should be no effect but clearly there has been.

Not sure what to do, if I should wait it out or try to do something different or simply go back to the original dose.

Anyone else out there with a similar experience?

This really sucks!

Thanks so much for your ideas!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users