#1 wheresmylife

wheresmylife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • why_joining:
    cymbalta hell

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:28 PM

Has anyone reinstated cymbalta after being off for sometime? I have been off 1 year, still have akathisia,terror filled anxiety,dizziness,vision problems,hand-eye coordination problems,head pressure-unable to lie down because of head pressure and dizziness. Can not function at all. Can't watch tv, listen to radio, drive or ride in a car, can't perform the simplest task. Numb skin from head to toe,leg pains,GI problems,throat problems.
Severe derealization and depersonalization, in a dreamlike state with tunnel vision.Does anyone have any of these symptoms from cymbalta? Some could bbe from benzo use. I am trying to figure out where they are from. Anything you could tell me would help. Don't know if reinstating cymbalta might alleviate some of these. Also, if you reinstated tell me how long you were off and what happened. Doctor tapered me off 120mgs over 2 month period ending last Oct. 2009.
Thanks

Anyone else have this???????

#2 Pattie

Pattie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationGarden City, MI
  • why_joining:
    To research why I'm currently in a hypomanic episode after quitting Cymbalta. I've never been diagnosed as being bipolar. No matter what i've told various primary care providers and 1 psychiatrist over the past 12 years, they all said I was suffering from depression. However, is it possible that Im actually Bipolar II?

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:40 PM

I don't think I would ever go back to cymbalta. What medications are you currently taking? Maybe those are giving you some kind of side effects. Have you seen a PDoc?

#3 wheresmylife

wheresmylife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • why_joining:
    cymbalta hell

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:13 PM

I am taking nothing. what is PDOC???

#4 Pattie

Pattie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • why_joining:
    To research why I'm currently in a hypomanic episode after quitting Cymbalta. I've never been diagnosed as being bipolar. No matter what i've told various primary care providers and 1 psychiatrist over the past 12 years, they all said I was suffering from depression. However, is it possible that Im actually Bipolar II?

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:57 PM

Wheresmylife -

Everyone uses the term Pdoc. I assumed it was psychiatrist. Could someone please confirm this?

#5 RickWC

RickWC

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • why_joining:
    Trying to quit Cymbalta

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:53 AM

I've heard about and experienced many withdrawal symptoms from Cymbalta but never heard of anybody still feeling effects after a year. Hope you get to the bottom of the problem instead of going back on Cymbalta.

#6 shortstuff

shortstuff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • why_joining:
    I'm getting free of antidepressants!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:07 PM

I'm sorry you're not feeling well.
I'm not a doctor but here's my two cents: If I were you, I'd go see a naturopathic doctor who is willing to take the time to get to the bottom of what's going on in your body. I wouldn't start taking Cymbalta again unless you're having major depressive symptoms that warrant an antidepressant. (I wouldn't go back to Cymbalta just to try to alleviate your symptoms.) I think you can get well but I think it's going to take some time and a lot of work on your part. You need to find the right medical help, work out hard everyday (really sweat), eat really well, and do things that help to clean your digestive system. Antidepressants all seem to affect the gut, so I would suggest taking good care of your digestion. I've been working with a naturopathic doctor and it's helped a lot.
Hope this helps and that you get some relief soon.
Shortstuff

#7 godawgs706

godawgs706

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:43 PM

Newbie... are you still feeling this way? we are in the SAME boat and I need help. i've been off of cymbalta for 1 year and 3 months... PLEASE respond!!!

#8 Pattie

Pattie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:12 AM

I didn't have the same symptoms you are having, but I turned hypomanic, developed severe anxiety, and severe insomnia after quitting cymbalta. I went through hell for a long time. I think it was a year or more before I found a psychiatrist who was able to normalize me. It wasn't until I went to a third psychiatrist who was able to help me. Tried several medications before he was able to stabilize me. Are you seeing a psychiatrist?

#9 godawgs706

godawgs706

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:47 PM

No... I don't have the money to. This is HELL. I'm out of it all the time, can hardly function some days. It's like there's a disconnect between my brain and the world.

#10 Amber0401

Amber0401

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:17 AM

situations like this NEED to be reported to the FDA... one major problem is the whole scam of the company making sure they change their formula every few years so a generic cannot be made aka an affordable form for those who just simply have no choice. makes me so mad to read someone like this struggling and unable to afford their medicine nevermind unable to go off of it after a year. i know how you feel, trying to scrape by enough cash to pay for the $250/month script you cant function without when you have no insurance. and even when you do have insurance its a hassel to get them to cover it.

#11 Heartfeathers

Heartfeathers

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • why_joining:
    I no longer trust the medical profession and I will NEVER take another prescription drug again! NEVER!!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

Also report it to your Congressman and other elected officials.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users