#1 shortstuff

shortstuff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • why_joining:
    I'm getting free of antidepressants!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:41 PM

I haven't gone to the website you're suggesting but here's what I'm taking and it seems to be helping:

5HTP
Omega 3 fish oil
SAMe
Evening Primrose Oil (hot flashes)
Vitamin B6
Multivitamin
Vitamin D3

I also work out hard almost every day, limit sweets, try to eat really well, get enough sleep and try to have patience with myself.
Be well,
Shortstuff

#2 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to get this toxin out of my body!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:37 AM

I agree that working out ..... making myself sweat cardio has really helped me.
I have always exercised but have found that as I go lower and lower on the cymbalta I feel better and better after a workout. I envision the Cymbalta being sweat out of my pores while I am huffing and puffing away.

#3 abraham

abraham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:27 PM

hello
supplements that worked are
ON whey protein
ON bcaa.
creatine monohydrate.
apart from these i use to do lot of hardwark and intense training.....
best regards

#4 beepstwice

beepstwice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

shortstuff, what dose of 5htp are you taking? ive just come off a 120mg dose of cymbalta and been taking some 5htp the last few days. been upping it more and more coz the nausea etc etc etc is horrendous.....

#5 Guest_crushynn_*

Guest_crushynn_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:40 AM

These are my current supplements/ diet & what they're for:

ADB-5 Plus for adrenal support- if you're adrenals are stressed you're going to get depleted of serotonin, this is stronger than 5-HTP
Thyrostim- for thyroid support- thyroid is involved in regulating LOTS of functions so it needs to work well
Idiozyme- for thyroid stimulation- check with a doc or nutritionist before taking this, good for a 'normal' but underfunctioning thyroid
MSM & Corvaline-M- for body aches & pain
Vitamin D- most of us are deficient
Vitamin B-6- for energy
Rhodiala- herb to help your body make serotonin
Betaine- digestive enzymes, digestion affects a number of things besides nutrition including pain

I'm also avoiding sugar, gluten & dairy

For some reason, my symptoms are worst in the morning & improve as the day goes on. When I do take the Cymbalta, I take it in the evening.

#6 AnniezDizzy

AnniezDizzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:58 AM

My neurologist gave me folate for neuropathy in my feet. He said that after years of being on these types of medications our bodies get depleted of the folate.
My former neurologist (I just moved and had to get a new one) gave me vitamin B 12 shots to give myself. I have been giving myself injections and my body is soaking it up!

#7 kzap

kzap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationWentzville , Mo
  • why_joining:
    Glad to know i"m not alone or crazy

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:16 AM

Hi AnniezDizzy
Thanks for sharing the vitamin info. I think Im going to ask my Dr for B12 injections. I've been taking it orally but I know from the pasr that shots are absorbed better. I see him on June 6th. That will be my 6 week mark in this withdrwal perod. I am feeling better today for the 1st time since April 12th.(the beginning of my cymbalta taper). I'm even going to attempt Driving today.
Good luck on your continued cymbalta adventure. May God bless you and keep you safe. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users