• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#31 cooleenn

cooleenn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:23 AM

i am technically at a disadvantage. so do not have cute pictures etc. but i have found the most wonderful help and caring people on this web site thank u so much. just want to say i am 55 recently retired have no reason to be angry anymore decided to see what "normal" is. 13 days, cold turkey. need i say more? i think this was the best way for me............. is it really cold turkey when u cheat? took 1 self made cap. yesterday of 20mg so i seem to be a ;ittle less of everything. we will see. the nasty c was helpful when i needed it. i had a terrible time the 1st 3 weeks when i started it mostly manic and i had insomnia then it was kinda ok . i have hope that i can be way better than kinda ok thanks again. my sister has M.S. and just started on cymbalta, will i try to talk her out of it? no, her direase is so f'd up this drug is nothing , and possibly could help alleviate some of the symptoms from the over use of prednisone which is the only thing helping her to still have ant control of her left side. nutrition advice is wonderful and so well written and i thank this grey beard person and all of u. thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! so anyway my recycling program was to give her the caps. i do digress. that is a personality thing not the inso m :oops: :oops: nia thing those oops came up when i was trying to get a cute lil happy face. maybe when i can focus again i will take a computer class

#32 DixieDaisy

DixieDaisy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:34 PM

Thank you, Lori!

I have seen her books online at Barnes & Noble. She's been on Joyce Meyer's show before also. I have started reading the Could It Be Vitamin B12 book and it is really an eye popper!

I'm late responding to your post but it's for a good cause. I'm now a four time granny! :) Our oldest son and his wife had a 9 lb 6 oz baby boy on July 2nd! That big boy was 22" long. :) We now have 2 grandsons and 2 granddaughters.

Thanks again, Lori. I appreciate your response!

Daisy

#33 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:59 PM

Congrats on the new grandbaby Daisy! My daughter weighed 9 lbs 5 oz and was 20 inches long, so I know what a big one this was! Of course she is now 28, so not such a baby anymore!

Isn't that b12 book just wild? I just keep being amazed every time I pick it up and read it!

#34 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:21 AM

Congrats!!!! Dixiedaisy!! (Did I say that backwards?) That was a mighty big boy, my grandson was 9lbs 2 oz and 22 inches long....they just grow them big these days...lol Babby, my daughter was 8lb 12 1/2 oz 21 inches long, so maybe its all in the family. She may have big babies. Congrats again, Dixiedaisy....and ok, ok ok, I will go check out that book. :D You too make me want to read it...LOL

ENJOY THOSE GRANDBABIES!!!!!!!!

Lori

#35 DixieDaisy

DixieDaisy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:11 PM

Thank you, Babby and Lori! I just received the pictures of my new grandson in the mail today. He and his sister were both born with the most beautiful rosy skin! Neither one had that 'new born look' about them. Both are gorgeous of course! lol No prejudice on my part! :D

I am now an obnoxious pusher of vitamin B12! :D Do you have something wrong with you? Have your dr check your B12 level with the more sensitive test!! :lol: People will run when they see me coming! :oops:

Take care!

Daisy

#36 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:13 PM

LOL! I am one of those b12 pushers too! I've even talked to total strangers about it while in the waiting room of doctors offices! :lol: :lol:

I bet you can't wait to get your hands on that new baby!!

#37 DixieDaisy

DixieDaisy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:44 PM

Well, I had my hands on him for a little while since we were up there for his birth and homecoming. :lol: I am certainly looking forward to seeing him and them again! They are supposed to come down when dil is up to traveling. It's about a 3 hr drive.

I'm hoping we get to see our other two grandchildren before school starts. It's about a 9 hr drive from where they live.

Daisy

#38 jackie1013

jackie1013

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:40 PM

HERE IS A LINK TO FDA TO LET THEM KNOW WHAT WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH!!

GOT TO: http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/

THANKS

#39 DixieDaisy

DixieDaisy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:00 PM

Babby & Lori, I took our B12 discussion back to the B12 thread. :lol:)

Daisy

#40 JeffAtl

JeffAtl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:44 PM

Well, this is my first post and I am so glad I found this board. I have been reducing my dose of this for 3 weeks now. I went from 90mg to 30mg. I did this because 1. I thought it wasn't working at all anymore (I have a high tolerance to meds) and 2. I gained 10 pounds over the last year while INCREASING my cardio workouts and decreasing some of the junk food, which I eat very little of anyway. So 10 pounds made no sense and gaining more. Anyway, I was fine reducing it on my own regimen until yesterday. Headache all day which I attributed to the lousy and stressful week I had (lost my cat on Monday). Then today felt like I had been hit by a truck. My entire body just hurt. I have back issues anyway, but everything hurt, like flu symptoms. Thought to myself that Cymbalta had been prescribed to people for chronic physical pain and maybe this was going to be normal as I get older. Everything just hurts! I'm only 39 and work out regularly and eat well. Then tonight after a long day I came home with a headache. I took 3 advil and no relief. 1 hour later I broke into a sweat and thought I had a fever. I took another 30mg of Cymbalta and feel better now. This is going to be very tough, isn't it? Holy crap!

Jeff

#41 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:44 PM

Jeff,
I'm glad you found us, but I'm sorry you need us!! Most of us here found this site like you did, in our darkest hour! Your story sounds very similar to mine because I also took a 30mg Cymbalta minutes before finding this board. That was the last one I took and it has been 20 days. The first 6-7 days were really bad, but I started on Prozac on Day 4, which helped my symptoms within 36 hrs. Many people on here have been prescribed Prozac or Lexapro to allieviate the withdrawal symptoms.

I am not a doctor, but in my research I have learned that the official medical diagnosis for these symptoms is "Antidepressant Discontinuation Syndrome." That is just a fancy way of saying "drug withdrawal"!! As you have already discovered, it is not easy to stop taking Cymbalta! Some doctors (including my Primary Care Physician) do not even know this problem exists. Doctors who are aware of it (like my Psychiatrist) seem to think it is not that widespread. Only time will tell, but judging from the number of people joining this site, I think it is more widespread than anyone (except the FDA and Eli Lilly) realizes.

I encourage all new members on here to file a MedWatch report about Cymbalta through the FDA website.

#42 jean

jean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 02:50 PM

Hi--
Just starting reading this site yesterday and can't begin to tell you how much help you have been. I am almost 60 years old and have been taking Cymbalta 120 mg daily for several years. Prior to that was on Effexor and many others. Cymbalta was working well for me until about 2 weeks ago when I begin having headaches, night sweats and trouble sleeping. I did not know about the problems with Cymbalta and so thought menopause was lifting its ugly head again. So stupidly, I now realize I decided to stop the Cymbalta cold turkey thinking it was contributing to my meopause-based insomnia. Well this week has just been awful for me and really I would not be here not except that I went to my doctor yesterday and he said he thought my problem was Cymalta discontinuation symptoms. I am now taking 60mg of Cymbalta and I started to feel better in a few hours. So guess we know that Cymbalta, not menopause is the culprit. I just printed off your taper off suggestions and will be visiting with my doctor about that next Tuesday. In the mean time just wanted you to know how much better I feel emotionally just reading this site. I know that I am not going crazy or have some horrible brain tumor or other problem. I had the brain zaps but it was more of a continuouse buzz for me. Also terrible stomach cramps, diarrhea, chills, and leg cramps. Thanks for being there for me.

#43 jean

jean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:11 PM

Hi Greybeard--
Thanks for the information. I have had good results in the past when I brought on-line info to my doctor so am hoping the same will apply with this. Jean

#44 jean

jean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:11 PM

Greybeard--
Well I went to the doctor today and he is fine with using the Prozac but not really enthused about opening the capsules. Anyway, I am not ready for that stage yet as I am now taking 60 mg instead of 120 mg. I am going to our cabin tomorrow as I need to get ready for a birthday party we are having for my father-in-law's 90th birthday. Will be 18 people there. So needless to say my doctor and I agreed that as long as I was getting along fairly well we wouldn't change any medications until after the party. Fortunately I have a very supportive husband who is helping and other family members who are helping as well. I will keep you posted about how it goes when we reduce the Cymbalta to 30mg and add the Prozac. Thanks for all of your help. Jean

#45 myheart_forever

myheart_forever

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:16 PM

I have been on 60mg since October and have finally decided to get off of it. My doctor recommended weaning to 30mg every other day, but all that did for me was give me the rollercoaster effect. The day I took the pill I felt fabulous, the next day I wanted to die. I finally decided to stop doing that and just quit cold turkey and try to deal with the symptoms until it got out of my system. However, by day three I wanted to kill myself from the brain zaps, dizziness and emotional instability. I am going to the doctor tomorrow to ask about taking something to help with the withdrawal symptoms, but my questions for all of you are as follows:

Would you recommend Prozak or Lexapro? I've seen some discussions about both, but what would you recommend?

Can either pill be opened and taken that way? I cannot swallow even the tiniest pills and would need something I can open or can chew.

How are both medications price-wise? I have insurance, but it hardly touches my insurance costs. I pick up my prescriptions at Publix.

I do stand a chance of my doctor not prescribing either medication to me, in which case I was going to request that I please have some sort of anti-dizzy/anti-nausea medication to take to help balance out the withdrawal side effects. Have any of you tried anything like that? Any success stories?

I honestly feel lost right now, but I need to stay focused. I took my medication the last two days in a row and I feel fabulous. I hate that when I miss a dose I feel so lost, but I know I can get through this. Many of you come back and tell us how well you did and that's great, it gives us all a lot of hope. If anyone could answer the above questions for me I'd appreciate it! I'm going in tomorrow at 2:15pm and I really can't wait. I just want to get through this once and for all.

#46 JeffAtl

JeffAtl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:58 PM

Well, it has gotten better. I have had these what do you call them, "brain zaps"? Wierd feeling and sometimes feel like I will pass out and then it goes away. I have not taken a pill in 4 days. I may be done finally. The initial withdrawals didn't come back as bad, ie: no sweats. But it must have really been helping me with pain, as I feel like my body is deteriorating. Pain in my back (which I've had anyway for 10 years) has come back bad to where I don't stand up straight. Pain in my wrist whcih I hope isn't arthritis at only 40 years of age, and pain in my hips which makes me feel like I need a hip replacement. Mind you, I had all this before, but Cymbalta must have helped more than I realized. Its the 20 pounds I can't deal with. I'm pretty vain and try to look young. Seems to be the only thing going for me, as I have no career and finances are getting worse. So I now have nothing to take to help me with what seems to be a midlife crisis. But having dealt with depression for over 20 years (and mostly without meds), this shouldn't be new, right?

Crap!

Jeff

#47 jean

jean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 12:02 PM

Hi everyone--
Thought I would give you an update and ask for some advice. I decreased my Cymbalta to 30mg on Aug. 7th and added Prozac 20 mg. Had one day of terrible chills but after that was doing well. Then several days after that (I have problems remembering which day) I began to have the usual--headaches, chills, fatigue and my pulse varied from 60 to 70. My normal pulse is in the 80's. I will say the symptoms are certainly less with the Prozac and I can manage. But I am fortunate to have a very supportive husband who will cook supper etc. Also, I do volunteer work instead of paid work so I can easily not go to work. My question is this. My prescription for Cymbalta runs out this Wednesday and I am supposed to call my MD on Tuesday. Should I continue reducing the Cymbalta down to 20 mg or wait another week? I know that someone said the longer you stay on the Cymbalta the harder it is to withdraw, but with my pulse symptoms I am a bit worried. My MD did check out my heart and it is OK but I certainly don't want it to get any lower as I worry about fainting. Maybe my body needs more time to adjust to the 30 before going to the 20. Any suggestions? Jean

#48 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:34 PM

Jean,
You are the first person on here that I have read who's dr is having them take the Prozac while tapering down on Cymbalta. That is interesting...most of the drs seem to wean a patient down to 20mg Cymbalta (the lowest dose available) and then start the Prozac when they completely stop the Cymblata. I'm not sure why most drs do that, but my guess is that they do not want the patient to be at risk for Seratonin Syndrome (serious problems can occur when a person has too much Seratonin). You may want to do a little research on the symptoms of Seratonin Syndrome, to make sure you are not experiencing that problem (I experienced it when my Cymbalta dose was increased to 90mg). Then you will be a little better informed when you talk to your doctor.

Since you are already on the Prozac, you basically have two options: stop taking the Cymbalta now and let the Prozac take over; or taper down to 20mgs Cymbalta for a while and then stop and let the Prozac take over. I would suggest you disucss your options with your dr. If you or your dr feel that you are at risk of Seratonin Syndrome, then you will probably have to stop taking the Cymbalta immediately. Most people report withdrawal symptoms even when they wean down to 20mg. So, you may just be prolonging your problems by staying on the Cymbalta.

I stopped Cymbalta cold turkey from 60mgs. But, I took Prozac starting on Day 4 of withdrawal (I would have started it sooner, but I had to wait for a drs appt). My withdrawal symptoms were already pretty bad, but I felt a little better within 12-24 hrs of starting the Prozac. After 4 days on the Prozac, I was able to function at a pretty normal level. Since you are already on the Prozac, your "bounceback" time might be a lot shorter.

Please let us know what you end up doing...since your situation is a little different, it will be informative to see how your dr advises you. Good Luck...you will get through this!!

#49 jean

jean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 08:41 PM

Dear Attorney--
Thanks for the information. I am on the Prozac because I pretty much insisted on it. My doctor said that 20 mg was "a drop in the bucket" for me so it was not too much medication. I insisted because I was so afraid of withdrawal symptoms and in my confused mental state I thought that at the 30 mg dose it was time to add the Prozac. I will be calling my doc on Tue. as he is out of the office on Monday. These symptoms that I am having are the same I had when I was on 60 mg down from 120 mg of Cymbalta without the Prozac. So I suspect it is withdrawal. The only symptom I had when on 120 mg was not sleeping. Jean

#50 jean

jean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:39 AM

Divine Chemical--
Thanks for the advice. Jean

#51 mctmdream

mctmdream

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:09 PM

I really don’t know on which of these posts to talk about my case, but all I know is these symptoms form hell are killing me…..I’ve been on Cymbalta for about 3 years so far…and about a total of 5 years on antidepressants (going from Zoloft, to Celexa, to Remeron, etc etc) I have finally come to the decision that I want to stop taking medications to make me not feel like myself, and I realized doctors are only there to make you stay on the medicine or switch to a different one…Anyways, with the help of my neurologist (the only doctor who listened to me, but the one that prescribed me Cymbalta on the first place) I have been weaning off the medicine. First I started reducing the dose from 60mg to 40mg. My doctor gave me lexapro to take during those days and I had a terrible episode of rage that completely scare me off from taking that medicine, so I continue taking the 40mg and put up with the horrible symptoms we all know. After about 4 months of the 40mg dose, I just started a 20mg dose last week. The only thing that keeps me sane is the benadryl (one pill takes most of the symptoms away), but after 4 days taking the benadryl I tried to go without taking it today and I’m just miserable. I ended up taking the benadryl but I’m scare cause I don’t know if these symptoms are ever going to go away or if I’m going to become addicted to the benadryl now….I would like to try the Prozac solution but I do not have a doctor to prescribe me the medicine (my doctor does not believe in that option)…so I’m feeling hopeless right now…..Is it possible for people that have a sensitive system to come off antidepressants ever???

#52 mctmdream

mctmdream

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:31 AM

Thank you for your reply above and your words of encouragement. They mean a lot to me.
I am indeed taking 20mg of cymbalta currently, but I'm not doing the every other day thing because I tried doing it long ago and the effects were worse!!! And then my doctor told me about the way that makes your body go through withdrawal symtoms all over again everytime you stop and take it, stop and take it....So i'm weaning off gradually. When I went from 60mg to 40mg that's when my doctor gave me the lexapro and after two days of taking it I had the terrible rage episode...I told my doctor about it and she said it had nothing to do with "serotonin syndrome" or anything like that because I was not taking much of either medicine (40mg cymbalta, 10mg lexapro), but I got soooo scared that i decided I wouldn't go into another antidepressant while weaning off the cymbalta. So I've been using the benadryl and it does work magic to take my withdrawal symptoms away....I guess I'm just eager to finish this process....I already feel more like myself and I want to get off medications that "numb me" asap.

#53 jean

jean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:08 AM

Hi everyone--
I talked with my doc yesterday and I am now reduced from Cymbalta 30 to 20mg along with the Prozac 20mg. Last 2 days have been good no headaches. Hurray! My doc and his nurse did not know that Cymbalta came in 20mg caps so really appreciate this forum for the information. They said the drug reps only leave 30mg or higher. Hmmm wonder why that is. Anyway will keep you posted. Jean

#54 JeffAtl

JeffAtl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:34 PM

Well, I am officially done for about 3 weeks now and feel fairly normal. Normal for me is still depressed, unfortunately. But I did find a good book called The Mood Cure by Julia Ross. It talks about amino acids and how shortages can cause mood swings. It goes on to say that most food we eat nowadays (vs 100 years ago) are deficient in amino acids and that goes hand in hand with the increase in depression. Fascinating. So I went out and bout a couple, one being 5-HTP. The book says start at 50mg and go up to 150mg, depending on how 50 affects you. So check this book out and see if it helps. Lets get off the garbage drug! Maybe it will even help in conjunction with coming off cymbalta, I don't know.

Jeff

#55 kesstral

kesstral

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:43 AM

I was so relieved to find this site. I was feeling so sick in desperation I googled the word 'Cymbalta withdrawel', and a thousand sites came up. I could relate to every symptom and cried with relief that I wasn't loosing my mind,. I came off Effexor before and it was hard, but this is horrendous. I have gone from 60mg to 30mg but I knew what to expect. I have a constant migraine headache have taken many painkillers to no avail. I cannot see anything, my vision is totally blurred. I am unsteady on feet and have vertigo, dizziness. I am in sudden rages, then burst into tears. My ears ring, I am sweating, having horrible nightmares, and am totally exhausted yet unable to sleep. Also I have body pains, and my jaws are so clenched they ache permanently. I also had the runs and stomach pains but this is easing off. had I known what this evil drug is doing to me I would never have taken it. I just want the old me back. Any advice support would be greatly appreciated. I am literally doing this hour by hour and had an interview this morning. I don't know how I got through it :oops:

#56 Zoronqueen

Zoronqueen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:45 PM

I'm crying as I'm reading this. I do not have the luxury or the time to hide in a corner for 3 months. I am feeling so bad, headache nausea, I can't eat, sleep, really feel like a prescription junkie, is there any support groups real live ones, because I may just kill myself. I am cleanising myself with chinese herbs and that's all and took the ativan because I can't handle it. I can't go without anything. I have to work 2 little kids.

3 months of tourture I may as be in a coma for that period. See my GP tommorow. any suggestions?

#57 steff25

steff25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 01:14 AM

hi my name is stefanie. of course i found this website after i attempted to take myself off cymbalta. wish i would have found it earlier for the warning of hell to come.

my story: i have suffered from anxiety since the age of 17, (now 25). i was on prozac for quit a long time. the effects started to wear off and my anxiety became more and more frequent. the doc just wanted to keep increasing my doses and i didnt want that. last summer i got off prozac and each month i got worse and worse. so in november 2007 he put me on cymbalta. i started on 30 mgs, and thank god that was good enough for me. my anxiety was practically non-existant, but i felt like crap all the time anyway from all the side effects from the cymbalta. i feel i had more than the usual patient. ridiculous hot flashes, sweating, vertigo, constipation, nausea, fatigue, insomnia, agitation....you all get the point. i felt like crap! so recently i have decided i want to try a more natural approach(herbal supplements and healthy diet and exercise) to my anxiety issues.

currently: without consulting my doc (shame on me, im a nurse), i decided i was going to take myself off this drug the way i thought you take yourself off any antidepressant.....start taking it every other day. BIG MISTAKE! every other day i felt awful. nauseating vertigo that eventually turned into the "brain zaps". i figured i could handle it and wait it out. then i just stopped completely. after a few days i practically thought i was going to die. the "brain zaps" were the most unbearable withdrawal symptom i had. and strange bouts off crying. i had to leave my floor at work several times to do this so i wouldnt embarass myself. so by the 4th day i couldnt take it or function like a normal human. i took a 30mg cymbalta and went to bed. woke up the next day feeling great. scary, huh? then i found this website and decided i was going to try the prozac 20mg for the last four days of my cymbalta. i ghetto halved my doses to 15mg by opening the capsues and eyeing up half of the pellets and put that into empty capsules. so far im on day 2 of 15mg cymbalta, 20mg prozac. i plan to quarter the cymbalta to 7.5mg for the second two days. so far, i feel fine. im just worried about the next days after i stop everything. i will keep everyone updated.

im so glad i found this website and read about people suffering just like i have. if this works for me i will be so relieved to be off this poisonous drug. good luck to all!

-Stefanie, PA :?

#58 carmen1965

carmen1965

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:38 PM

Hi. I am trying to get use to mechanics of the site. This is my 3rd posting, the first 2 were on different topics. I been of Cymbalta for 4 or 5 days. After taking it for at least 1.5 years at a 60mg. I been feeling worst and worst since Friday. I feel itches all over my body, a terrible dizzines or light headness, I had trouble with constipation since I started Cymbalta, now I can stop going to the bathroom. I used to crave everything with sugar and carbohidrates, now I can even think about them I want fruits or soups or salad, but they don't always go down well I am pretty gassy and bloated. I feel tired but as soon as I lay down in bed I feel pain in every inch of my body. I am the kind of person who does thing all the way, so maybe wrongly I diceded to stop taking the pill and suffer the withdrawl symptoms. Reading different postings I learn a lot. I now know that maybe the drug is off my system but It has left it pretty screwed up. I been feeling the zaps, and terrible pains in my mollars and teeth (I have not read of this), last night every time I turn to one side my mollars and eardrum seem to explode. I have terrible headaches. I wanted to take 25 mg. of Benadryl for the itch but was afraid to do so. Tonigh I will try it. Also I promised myself I would walk at least 3 days a week for 40 minutes, it helped me in the past. I love reading but today have no patience for it. I cant stand the sound of the TV, listening to music always seem to calm me, today I cannot even think about it.

Tomorow I am planing of invading (I have no appointment) my doctors office, he is a reumathologist, the one who gave me the Cymbalta in the first place. I been taking antidipresants for the last 10 years, first Sarafeem, same thing as Prosac, then Prosac, then Paxil, the Cymbalta and a while during the Cymbalta they even gave me Wellbutrim, which I quit rather easily, probably because the Cymbalta cover. The reason he recommended the Cymbalta was to help with my muscular and Fibromialgya symtoms (I also take Lirica, but left it because of its "printed" side effects, while I thouth Cymbalta was soooooo GREAT and with NO side effects at all (ha, ha, ha).

I am asking him about 20mg of Prosac for a while, but will not let him convince me of lower dossages of Cymbalta. Please, somebody let me know if I am doing right or what.

Desperatedly needing advice, Carmen

#59 carmen1965

carmen1965

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:02 PM

Greybeard, thanks for your replay. I did not invade my doctor's office, really I didn't even envade the Mall where I walk, I felt too tired. For a long time now I been taking 2 omega pills each day plus a B complex vitamin (B-Trex) and less than a month ago I started taking 2 tablets 400 mg each of Chelated Magnesium which has been proven to help with fibriomyalgia related pains. This magnesium in specific has been proven to be the best absorb. I am keeping my diet with fruits, lots of water and today my stomach feels better. Last night I took the 25 mg Benadryl and it helped me to get some sleep. The thing is that even when I now I am still tired I wake up with like a flush of electricity through my body.

Today I had no itching, and no sensibility in my gums, yes I have terrible pains in my legs, but I can do this, I will do this, and as someone or even you said in one of the postings it WILL GET BETTER. What do you think about natural antidipressants? I am afraid of the mood swings, yesterday I started crying out of nowhere because I wanted my mother's chicken soup (sadly my mom died 5 years ago next month), then at night I started remembering some dumb story my husband told me and I could't stop laughing, is this "NORMAL". Well for me, knowing other peoples stories helps me deal with mine so I can control myself and keep reassuring me that this is not unique, I am not alone or going bunkers...... Thanks so much, Carmen

PS I will try to find the link for the Chelated Magnesium and its benefits...

Perseverance.... most of the time gets the job done

#60 steff25

steff25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:42 PM

ok so here's an update on things.i have been off cymbalta for 2 days!! the past 2 days i only took a 20mg of prozac each night and i plan to stop everything starting tomorrow. with the prozac i havent had any vertigo or brain zaps like i had experienced before without the prozac. the wacky brain problems were my worst withdrawal symptoms. so far today is the first day i havent felt all that great. very tired and my back aches. but i'll take that instead of feeling like i was going crazy. the proof will be in the weeks to come being completely off of everything.

to carmen1965: i saw you mentioned that you starting laughing about a story you remembered. i had the same giggly feeling a few days ago and i thought everything was hilarious. i thought it was quit weird but i feel better to know someone else had this too. i also had the crying isuue , but at least that made some sense to me. i also am going the route of naturally trying to control my issues (anxiety and some depression). i've gotten a few things buti dont think i'll really be able to tell if it works until im off the meds. check out this website TRBHealth. theres some interesting supplements you may want to try.

ok thats all for now. i'll be updating my "condition" in a few days.

-Stefanie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users