littlemonkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    experiencing withdrawal symptoms

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:36 AM

Hello,
I am trying to quit Cymbalta after being on it for several years for anxiety, depression, and fibromyalgia. It has worked fairly well for me, although I have wondered if many of the physical problems I've had in the last 5 years were due to Cymbalta side effects (joint pain, for example). I am having allergy testing done tomorrow, so I had to quit the Cymbalta in order to have an accurate test. I tried to slowly wean off of it, but I probably got off of it faster than I should have. I am on day 3 of being off of it completely. Friday was by far the worst day, as I was nauseated most of the day, and of course had the dizziness and brain zaps. Felt like I had the stomach bug all day. Stayed in bed most of afternoon, evening, etc. Also, did not sleep much Thursday or Friday night. Mainly because of extreme heart palpitations, feelings of anxiety, etc. Hot flashes have been an unexpected withdrawal issue. They are pretty miserable. I felt pretty good yesterday. Went to my kids' basketball games, and although I was definitely not "well", I sort of forced myself to keep going, and that seemed to help keep my mind off how I was feeling, plus, I was really tired by bedtime, and was able to sleep most of the night. Woke up feeling a little bit worse this morning. Nausea and dizziness back, as well as continued hot flashes. All of this to say, here is how I am coping, and I wanted to share it, praying it might help someone else. After doing some research, I am taking Krill Oil (Omega 3, 6 and 9, basically) to help with the brain zaps. I took it twice yesterday. I am also drinking chai tea, which includes ginger, cinnamon and other spices, to help with the nausea. Am also sucking on "Gin-Gins", which are ginger hard candies to help with the nausea. These have definitely helped me. I have also used "Chimes Ginger Chews" which are a chewy ginger candy. Both of these candies, along with the ginger tea have really seemed to help with the nausea. I am also taking "Slo-Mag", which is a calcium/magnesium combination to help with anxiety. I took this twice yesterday as well, and definitely seemed to help with the sleeping, because it did seem to lessen my anxiety. I also have a prescription for a product called "Metanx", which is a combination of Folic Acid, B6 and B12. Taking this twice a day as well. Most importantly, I have lots of people praying for me, and thanks be to God, I am doing well mentally, and have a positive outlook about this, despite the physical discomforts. My plan is to stay off the Cymbalta, even after the allergy testing. I figure if I can get through these next few days, I just want to push through it and stay off of it. I am curious, first of all, for those of you who have been off the cymbalta longer, how long did it take for these nagging symptoms to subside? Weeks? Months? Also, wondering if any of you have had any success with any natural remedies for these symptoms. Praying for stamina and relief for all of you who are experiencing these things and pray you are able to get off this drug and be healthy. I am a 41 year old mother of two and just want to be healthy and happy for my family. This was looked like a pretty good list of natural therapies for anxiety: http://www.holistico...min_therapy.htm

Also forgot to mention that I am eating fresh apples, and taking Vitamin C - the "Super C" powdered vitamin C. Just trying to give my body the support it needs while going thru this stress. Hope it helps someone else, too.

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:23 PM

I´ve had the same symptoms you mentioned. Do not know how long it takes for them to go away.
I recently read about Ginger Tea being excelent for nausea and cold symptoms.
It is important that you check interactions between the products you are taking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users