1 reply to this topic

#1 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to get this toxin out of my body!

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:25 PM

I am not a Dr and can only tell you what is working for me. Since the half life of Cymbalta is only 12 hours (which is extremely short compared to other drugs) when you skip doses in the beginning it causes you to go into a withdrawal every other day. You feed the beast and then starve it if that makes sense..........

I have found that slowly weaning by decreasing the dosage has minimized the discomfort and allowed me to get this far.

Check with your Dr. before you do anything but if you do a lot of reading I think that you will find that the majority of people are lowering their dosage slowly.

Good luck!

#2 grtree

grtree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    Why not??My life has been pharmacology managed for the past 8 years,and i have had enough of Cymbalta>I'm looking to share with others how to function,control severe depression,all without Cymbalta

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:01 AM

I am curious as to the methods which we have employed to wean from Cymbalta,I have been using this medication for over 5 years,and finally decided to pull the plug.
Here is what worked well for me,one of the more important points to bear in mind is given the uniqueness of human physiology & the short half life of this drug,it might not work for you.
Fish Oil - This has helped me tremendously,currently I'm taking 1200 mg a day,my reasearch has shown me that the Omega3's associated with fish oil is superior in addressing serotinin levels over a vegetable based source.I began to take the fish oil approximately 5 weeks before my last dose of Cymbalta.
Aroma therapy - This was a stretch for me at first,but conversations with acquaintances and lots of research led me to this venue - it works very well I began the aromatherapy 4 weeks prior to my last dosage.
SAME - the amino acids are critical for normal brain functioning also,I have just begun taking this supplement on a regular basis ,although it can be confusing on dosage and quality of the product,with a little research you can find what works for you.This has been a part of my regime for a week now
B12/Folic acid - Another supplement which assists the in maintaining a healthy brain,so to speak,I have read many testaments from former anti-depressant user that this supplement is a valuable ally to keep your brain functioning if you are diagnosed with mental illness.This also has been a recent introduction into my regime.
Initially,I began to push the time which I took my medication back by two hours every day(what I found with the fish oil & cymbalta,is that the fish oil radically reduced the zaps typically associated with failure to medicate at the same time every day)Usually my system would begin spinning within 30 hours from my last dosage.The omega3's provided the benefit where I was up to about 40 from last dose before the dizziness and zaps began.
It has now been a week since my last dose of poison(cymbalta)& guess what -no more freakin' zaps! How cool is that/ The point here for my experience is that the methods which I choose to use work very well,and yes,I felt great for the first 72 hours,then the zaps,dizzy spells really kicked in,but only drove me to distraction for 3 days.I have been awake and active for 3 hours already today,yesterday,I was already dealing with the dizzy spells at this time,today they are minimal.
I wish you all good fortune and good health

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users