• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cbringin78

cbringin78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:54 PM

I will be honest. I dont think the doctors really know the true severity of these withdrawals. I think they believe we are overreacting. Honestly, its one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I have delt with alot. I grew up in a family of addicts, and I have been the strong, white sheep of my family if you will. I have seen some pretty sad things, and have never had the urges to do the things my family members cant stay away from. I never thought that a doctor would induce a dependency on me. And the worse thing about it was, I was never told that it was, in not so many ways, habit forming.

For tapering your dosage, take your doctors advice, and multiply the severity by 3! If he says to cut your dosage back every 10 days, cut it back every 30! Take it as slow as your body needs you to! The simple shock to our bodies does not affect the doctors every day life, it does however affect ours! I dont know how I got through the past 2 weeks of work. I have gone from crying to laughing hysterically, to wanting to hit someone! All because my moods are not stable because my brain is so out of wack because its still wanting that stupid medication that I dont feel like I should have had in the first place. I should have seen counselor or psychiatrist to help me deal with my stress. Not listen to my family doctor and take a pill and pray that the every day stress would go away. The stress is still here. PILL OR NO PILL!!!

Never underestimate a second opinion!!!!

I hope this helps someone!!! It makes me feel better just to get my thoughts out....

Nikki

#2 Leotye

Leotye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:25 PM

YES!!! Don't do what the doctors tell you. I am 2 days completely off cymbalta with barely any symptoms. I tapered my own way. I did the 60mg for five years, when I was ready to taper, I went to 30mg with very little consequence. I then opened the capsules and took out a little each day, making sure to put the capsule back together before taking it. I took the same amount for two days, then took out more casule content for two days and so on until I was down to none. Yesterday I was emotional and dizzy but today just a little dizzy and disoriented. It is minor compared to what I have been reading. I have had no "brain zaps" or itching or anything severe like many of the others. I did this a few years ago with effexxor as well, only they were tablets so I could easily cut them. I am no doctor and can't offer medical advice, but I will tell you what worked for me with very few side effects. If you do it your doctor's way you are in for a long road ahead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users