Photo

Have No One, And Coming Off Cymbalta Is A Living Nightmare!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 leslyeA

leslyeA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:
    Coming off Cymbalta after 3yrs, and Im going through a living nightmare and need help so bad!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:13 PM

Iam new here and have been reading what everyone is going through with withdrawl symptoms. Iam on my 2nd week of coming down from 60mg to 30mg after being on the crap for 3yrs for anxiety and fibromylaia. I can barely hold my head up to type right now, I have felt like I have the flu, cant sleep cause of nightmares every night, my stomach hurts constantly, the headaches are unreal, and now the depression is so severe I dont know what to do. Iam a single mom and have two kids, living very far from family, and have no one to help me through this. I cant believe the doctor or nurse didnt say anything about withdrawl symptoms, and here I can barely take care of myself, much less my kids. I would greatly appreciate any and all advice, I feel like im loosing my mind, and my kids need and depend on me, I just feel so alone and scared, will this ever end?????!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 camcam

camcam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    cymbalta is ruinig my life

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:21 PM

How old are the kids, are you able to talk to them and let them know your having a hard time with medications that the doctor gave you.

I am a single person I live alone, its just me and the cats, my family knows I was on SSRIs but they don't know what symptoms are coming from it. so I am doing this alone as well. I would say let your doctor know your troubles and that your going to try natural methods for your pain (i.e natural path medicine or homeopathm medicine/chinesse medicine).

I have been cold turkey day 3, 30 mg and today I am happy that I was able to have a bowl movement. I never thought I would miss it but I guess it really goes to show you need the little things to stay healthy. I also made a complaint to the company lily they make cymbalta that will also help in your journey knowing your proactive in taking care of you.

Even if your kids aren't old enough to know what is going it helps to talk to them about it even if they are a young baby. I talk to my cats about it all the time otherwise they can sense my stress and then go into stress as well. It will get easier and from what I can gather I am new here as well I think I joined last night this board is helpful. come on when you can and who knows witch doctors.

#3 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to get this toxin out of my body!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:15 PM

I am a single parent as well. One child is special needs and the other is a teenager. I work full time and parent full time. There was NO way that I could not be functioning with all that's on my plate. I had to wean REALLY slowly and use other medications to help me.

This place is a great place to read other peoples experiences and know that we all support you and know that you are truely suffering.

Is your Dr. aware that you are weaning? Are they being helpful?

All my best,
Pam

#4 spankydoo

spankydoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    Want to help others through my experiences.

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:20 PM

First of all, let me say that I am so sorry to hear what you are going through, as I know first hand what it is like. 5 years ago I went through Cymbalta withdrawal as well. My body felt like it had been in a severe car accident it was so sore. I was nauseous, dizzy, could go into rages over nothing (and I was a very sweet tempered woman), and had brain zaps (electrical shock sensations in the brain) whenever I moved my eyes, night sweats, memory loss, not being able to speak commonly used words, etc. The drug was new on the market and the doctor did not know how to wean me off. Needless to say, I joined a forum like this one and learned to wean myself off. Sadly, it did take 3 months to get completely off the drug, but the weaning process did help ease the symptoms.

I was a mommy of a 6 month old and a 2 year old when I went through it. My husband worked all the time, so I was alone with the babies going through it as well. I would have to walk with my eyes closed while carrying my babies to avoid falling down from dizziness or getting a brain zap from eye movement. It was hell on earth!

To wean yourself off, you will need to open a capsule and count how many granuals are in 1 capsule. Then subtract 5 granuals from the capsule, throw the 5 away, and put the rest in the capsule and take the pill. Don't just take the granuals, as the capsule itself helps with the time release. Do this for a week. Then after a week, start removing 10 granuals for the next week, and keep removing 5 more every week thereafter until you are done.

I know this sounds crazy, but it is the only way to wean off with the least amount of withdrawal symptoms.

It is also helpful to take Benedryl at night once your kids are in bed to help you sleep through the night.

Vitamins and supplements I still take to this day to fight anxiety and depression are as follows:

Vitamin D 1000mg once a day
Calcium 600mg twice a day
Vitamin E 400mg twice a day
Coconut oil capsules 2 caps 3 x a day
Milk Thistle 1 capsule 2 x a day

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have your blood levels checked thoroughly once you are off the drug to check for any liver damage or dysfunction. I was put on the drug before they knew about the liver damage it can cause and am left with a dysfunctional, sluggish liver as a result. Also, since being on Cymbalta I have had the following health problems:

Shingles
pre-cancerous colon polyps
liver damage
gallbladder removed
cataracts
hysterectomy

5 years later and I still experience the brain zaps, but thankfully, only when I am sleep deprived.

Every one of these problems are usually found in people over the age of 50. I was 33 when I was put on Cymbalta for post partum depression and am only 38 now. When I was on the support forum during my withdrawal, 4 out of 12 of the people I talked to suffered retinal detachement in their eyes and I believe it was 7 of the 12 had to have their gallbladders removed.

Not telling you any of this to scare you, but bring awareness in case you start having stomach pain or other strange symptoms, at least you'll be able to point your doctors in the right direction.

If you are a believer in God, I will say that reading the bible and prayer were also a big help in keeping me strong through it all.

I pray for you and everyone on here and everywhere going through this hellacious experience. I promise you WILL get better, but it does take time. I promise you are not dying. I've heard it's similar to what meth addicts go through when they are in withdrawal as well. My stupid doctor used to tell me to 'pop another cymbalta' whenever I'd call desperate and thinking I was gonna die. At first I would do that and all the symptoms would literally disappear. Now I understand drug addicts...they stop trying to get high, and instead keep using just to stay well.

You will get through this! Look at your beautiful children and fight for them. You can do this!

If you have a friend who can come sit with you and your kids that would be very wise, as you never know where your emotions are going to take you, or how you are going to feel from one minute to the next.

I'll keep checking in to see how you're doing.

God bless you!!

#5 leslyeA

leslyeA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:
    Coming off Cymbalta after 3yrs, and Im going through a living nightmare and need help so bad!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:03 PM

Thank you all so much for your reply's to my post. My kids are 13 and 9, and my youngest has a few disablilities. I have sat down with both of them and told them what was going on, and what I was feeling, and to please help me with the house work, and to understand that I love them and that the way I felt and was acting didnt have anything to do with them. Most nights I dont have the energy to cook, or clean, and I cant believe how bad my body hurts. The nausea is intense as well as the headaches. Today, I woke up from another nighmare and just cried my eyes out just wishing I could sleep. Unfortunately I do not have any friends or family near where I live to help me. I do go to the doctor tomorrow to tell him what all Im going through and pray he helps me, seeing as his nurse who I spoke to on the phone last week said, oh just cut down to 30mg, and then that was it, nothing else. I had no idea whatsoever there would even be any withdrawl symptoms.

I have read on here that a small dose of Prozac would help me with the withdrawl symptoms until this crazy drug is completely out of my system, could anyone that has taken it give me some advice on that and if it works. I do appreciate having people to talk to on here that understands me and knows what Iam going through, dont feel as alone as I have been feeling.

Leslye

#6 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:29 PM

Thank you all so much for your reply's to my post. My kids are 13 and 9, and my youngest has a few disablilities. I have sat down with both of them and told them what was going on, and what I was feeling, and to please help me with the house work, and to understand that I love them and that the way I felt and was acting didnt have anything to do with them. Most nights I dont have the energy to cook, or clean, and I cant believe how bad my body hurts. The nausea is intense as well as the headaches. Today, I woke up from another nighmare and just cried my eyes out just wishing I could sleep. Unfortunately I do not have any friends or family near where I live to help me. I do go to the doctor tomorrow to tell him what all Im going through and pray he helps me, seeing as his nurse who I spoke to on the phone last week said, oh just cut down to 30mg, and then that was it, nothing else. I had no idea whatsoever there would even be any withdrawl symptoms.

I have read on here that a small dose of Prozac would help me with the withdrawl symptoms until this crazy drug is completely out of my system, could anyone that has taken it give me some advice on that and if it works. I do appreciate having people to talk to on here that understands me and knows what Iam going through, dont feel as alone as I have been feeling.

Leslye

Leslye,

My kids are 13 and 10. My son who is 10 has Asperberger's (High Functioning Autism) and ADHD. My 13 year old is a teenage girl.......enough said :P

Unfortunately many doctors don't know the horiffic withdrawls that many encounter. My Dr. told me to drop down to 30 for a bit and then just stop. I was like WHAT????????? :blink: :blink: :blink: . I had gone cold turkey back in 2008 for a few weeks and it was HELL....there was no way that I was going to repeat that experience.

I have been on 90mgs for stretchs of time and never had a difficult time switching between 90 and 60 but lowering from 60 to 30 was hard. I got some 20mgs and did a drop to 50 then 40 then 30 etc.......
I started weaning back in October and just took my last Cymbalta on Saturday.

I started taking Prozac (20mg) when I started to get to about 19mg of Cymbalta. I also am on Wellbutrin.

#7 leslyeA

leslyeA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:17 PM

How does the prozac affect you? Does it help with the withdrawl symptoms of the Cymbalta? That is what the nurse said when I told her i wanted off the Cymbalta, to go down to 30mg for a bit and then stop. My doctor is going to get an ear full of what I have to say tomorrow at my appointment. Iam going to tell him exactly what I think, feel, and how patients should be better informed of this, this is pure hell. I will keep all of you in my prayers as I hope you will keep me in yours!

Leslye

#8 Lexy

Lexy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • why_joining:
    I'm the midle of WD

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:07 PM

Hi Leslye,

Good luck with the doc tomorrow. I suspect he/she won't admit your symptoms are from Cymbalta but good to raise awareness.

I feel horrible right now b/c cymbalta detox i can't even type or think straight. Still my lovely pdoc gave me a short taper plan (2 weeks) :blink:

Keep us posted
God bless,
Lexy

#9 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:55 PM

If you do a search of the boards you will find that several people have had a lot of success using prozac short term to help with the withdrawals. It has helped me.......I haven't been symptom free but have felt like I could continue to function and still decrease my dosage of Cymbalta.

#10 leslyeA

leslyeA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:09 PM

Thank you SO much for all of your reply's and advice. I keep telling myself I wont feel like this forever, but at the moment I feel hopeless, as if Iam dying inside. I try so hard not to cry in front of my kids, or while driving, or pretty much everywhere, but it is so hard to function normally. Iam definately going to tell the doc tomorrow all of my symptoms and Im not just imaging this, or making it up!! Iam also going to ask him about the low dose of Prozac just until Iam done from the Cymbalta and done with the withdrawl symptoms. God Bless all of you who read my post and reply'd to me, that makes me feel like im not completely in this boat alone and that there are good people out there who understand and care.

Thank all of you, and may God Bless each and everyone through your struggles and bring joy and wellness to your lives again!!!!!!

Leslye

#11 leslyeA

leslyeA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:09 PM

UPDATE: Well I went to my doctor appt today, and he listened, and was very understanding to what Iam going through, praise God!!!!!! He said he hadnt seen many patients that got withdrawl sypmtoms from Cymbalta, I was like" really"??? wow, He said that he feels that Iam very sensitive to medication and that my body is so use to the 60mg, and of course why my body and mind is going through what it is on the 30mg. I asked him about taking a low dose of Prozac to just help with the withdrawls, and he said huh?? that he had never heard of that before, and that he felt being put on the prozac would just be one more thing I had to come off of and have side effects of quitting too, on top of the Cynbalta. So then he said, ok, lets try this, Im going to put you on 150mg of Zyban to help you with all the weight you gained from the Cynbalta, and help your anxiety and depression, etc etc, and may even help you quit smoking (even though wasnt planning on quitting right now), and then Im going to cut you this week to 20mg of Cymbalta in the meantime, for a week or so. And he also is putting me on Phenigrine (not sure if I spelled that right) for the nausea, and help me sleep at night. SO, what do ya'll think??? Havent done anything yet, just need anyone's advice on this, and if you have ever taken Zyban and if it worked for you or not. Would be so grateful for all the advice on this I can get, Im scared and confused and God knows dont want to get into any more hell with meds than I can.

Thanks!!
Leslye

#12 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:20 PM

UPDATE: Well I went to my doctor appt today, and he listened, and was very understanding to what Iam going through, praise God!!!!!! He said he hadnt seen many patients that got withdrawl sypmtoms from Cymbalta, I was like" really"??? wow, He said that he feels that Iam very sensitive to medication and that my body is so use to the 60mg, and of course why my body and mind is going through what it is on the 30mg. I asked him about taking a low dose of Prozac to just help with the withdrawls, and he said huh?? that he had never heard of that before, and that he felt being put on the prozac would just be one more thing I had to come off of and have side effects of quitting too, on top of the Cynbalta. So then he said, ok, lets try this, Im going to put you on 150mg of Zyban to help you with all the weight you gained from the Cynbalta, and help your anxiety and depression, etc etc, and may even help you quit smoking (even though wasnt planning on quitting right now), and then Im going to cut you this week to 20mg of Cymbalta in the meantime, for a week or so. And he also is putting me on Phenigrine (not sure if I spelled that right) for the nausea, and help me sleep at night. SO, what do ya'll think??? Havent done anything yet, just need anyone's advice on this, and if you have ever taken Zyban and if it worked for you or not. Would be so grateful for all the advice on this I can get, Im scared and confused and God knows dont want to get into any more hell with meds than I can.

Thanks!!
Leslye

Zyban is Wellbutrin. I have been taking that for years. I like the anti depressant effects but have always needed another medication to supplement it. That might just be me though.
I haven't read anywhere that Wellbutrin will help with the withdrawals and it didn't alleviate any of my symptoms. The Prozac is what got me through it. Maybe the meds to ease the nausea and help you sleep will help you wean without much pain. Let us know.
I am surprised though that your Dr. dropped you to 20mg after you explained how much difficulty you were having on the 30mg. :blink: :blink:

#13 RickWC

RickWC

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • why_joining:
    Trying to quit Cymbalta

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:51 AM

Thanks!!
Leslye

It's sad that the doctors won't live up to the truth. I remember my fist time on Cymbalta withdrawal. Cold turkey for 4 days because I ran out. The next time I saw my doctor, I got on him about putting me on Cymbalta without telling me it was addictive. He corrected me by saying that it is not addictive but some people do grow a tolerance and suffer minor side affects.

#14 Lexy

Lexy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • why_joining:
    I'm the midle of WD

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:38 AM

Leslye -

I have noticed docs are get frustrated/pissed off when the patient comes up with an idea. It happened to me a couple of times
the first time when I was withdrawing from Clonopin - off course the doc C/T-ed me after 15 years on the drug - I was crawling out of my skin literally. After a research on the internet I have found a method Called Ashton Method which suggest to withdraw slowly of the drug and switch to diazepam which have a longer half life. He looked at me with disbelief..and after a few seconds he stated never heard of this method. I took the printed out material out of my handbag and told him it's time to educate himself.I left his office with a script of diazepam. Cut the long story short the situation is same with the prozac ,cymbalta relation. Prozac has longer half life and better to withdraw. Don't know much about Wellbutrin they are using together with other psych drogs.

I would try speak to him once again like you are not happy with the wellbutrin option etc.

Hope you well.

God bless,
Lexy

Edited by Lexy, 27 January 2011 - 11:43 AM.

#15 immortelf

immortelf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    Just learning about the effects people have when withdrawing from cymbalta and I take it myself

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:15 PM

I was put on Cymbalta for severe depression. I would lay in bed and only get up to go to the bathroom. I was 21 at the time and my parents would make me eat. I would lay there and stare at the wall and cry for no reason. I had a tv and not once turned it on. I was just a living blob at that point. My doctor put me on cymbalta... after a few days I made my way out into the living room and after 2-3 weeks I actually left the house. I felt "normal" with few side effects for about 2 years, then started going downhill after that while still on cymbalta. Now Im 26 and for the past 3 years my symptoms are still depression, nausea, aches, urinating when coughing or sneezing, shaky, anxious, dry heaves, constant sweating, heat flashes, night sweats where I would wake up completely soaked, crying at least 4-5 times a day over nothing, multiple nightmares a night usually about rape, murder, torture or mutilation. The only reason Im still working and living a life is for my family. I havent dated in over 2 years, I lost all my friends cause I dont want to be out in society. I feel like Ill never be stable to enough to date, have kids, anything like that. If Im not working, I just want to lay down. I feel exhausted all the time. If I miss a dose or 2, I wont get out of bed and just cry. So at this point Im not sure what to do. If I stop taking it, I go back to the way I was and probably end up locked up in a looney bin, or I can continue taking it like I am and keep on living like hell. Any advice? I would ask a friend, but I dont have any anymore, and my parents would be too upset if they knew how I really feel. When Im at work or out somewhere I seem perfectly fine and happy and bubbly. I hate faking how I really feel inside

#16 Lexy

Lexy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • why_joining:
    I'm the midle of WD

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:55 AM

Immortelf -

I'm so sorry you feel like this :(

As I see you are pretty much a master of faking it...but someone has to know how you feel for real.My advice is go back to the doc who put you on cymbalta in the first place. Probably he/she going to change your medication. Not a big fan of ADS-s but in case of severe depression they are lifesavers.You don't have to endure the aches,nightmares etc. The first step change your medication, get a therapy...get out from the vicious cycle..start to socialize and more. You will be ok.

God bless,
Lexy

#17 shan515

shan515

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    coming off of cymbalta...

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:42 PM

Wow... I am so so happy I found this website. I really thought I was losing my mind.....

I have been on Cymbalta for well over a year now for depression and although I'm not sure it worked for the depression, I feel like it may have helped a bit. I was taken off of 60 mg of Cymbalta suddenly by my psychiatrist after finding out that I was pregnant about a week ago... Talk about emotional stress. Now im sorry I ever started taking it! I was also on a mood stabilizer and stopped that as well...

I'm reading what everyone is writing and feel some kind of comfort, knowing that I'm not going crazy. My skin hurts.... I'm crying in spurts, have absolute moments of rage, can't sleep, etc....on top of being pregnant for the first time. The dr told me "I may feel some withdrawal symptoms...." SOME????? Im seeing the ob dr. on Thursday and am definitely going to talk to her about this because i can barely leave my house. I'm a social worker and have to somehow function.. and feeling like this is making it hard to get dressed in the morning... I can't even feel excited about being pregnant, which in turn makes me cry even more..

#18 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:02 PM

Wow... I am so so happy I found this website. I really thought I was losing my mind.....

I have been on Cymbalta for well over a year now for depression and although I'm not sure it worked for the depression, I feel like it may have helped a bit. I was taken off of 60 mg of Cymbalta suddenly by my psychiatrist after finding out that I was pregnant about a week ago... Talk about emotional stress. Now im sorry I ever started taking it! I was also on a mood stabilizer and stopped that as well...

I'm reading what everyone is writing and feel some kind of comfort, knowing that I'm not going crazy. My skin hurts.... I'm crying in spurts, have absolute moments of rage, can't sleep, etc....on top of being pregnant for the first time. The dr told me "I may feel some withdrawal symptoms...." SOME????? Im seeing the ob dr. on Thursday and am definitely going to talk to her about this because i can barely leave my house. I'm a social worker and have to somehow function.. and feeling like this is making it hard to get dressed in the morning... I can't even feel excited about being pregnant, which in turn makes me cry even more..

I am SO sorry that you feel so yucky! I went off cold turkey a few years ago because I unexpectedly got pregnant. I was SOOO sick. I thought that it was just pregnancy symptoms but it was way more than that. I had been pregnant before so I knew that what I felt wasn't just hormonal. I know that it feels terrible but you are normal and not experiencing anything that the rest of us haven't heard of. Talk to your Dr. and your OB on how to best get through this process but most importantly *relax* and rest as much as you need to. You will get through it...... :)

#19 no lobotomy

no lobotomy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta hell

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:36 AM

Iam new here and have been reading what everyone is going through with withdrawl symptoms. Iam on my 2nd week of coming down from 60mg to 30mg after being on the crap for 3yrs for anxiety and fibromylaia. I can barely hold my head up to type right now, I have felt like I have the flu, cant sleep cause of nightmares every night, my stomach hurts constantly, the headaches are unreal, and now the depression is so severe I dont know what to do. Iam a single mom and have two kids, living very far from family, and have no one to help me through this. I cant believe the doctor or nurse didnt say anything about withdrawl symptoms, and here I can barely take care of myself, much less my kids. I would greatly appreciate any and all advice, I feel like im loosing my mind, and my kids need and depend on me, I just feel so alone and scared, will this ever end?????!!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 no lobotomy

no lobotomy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta hell

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:45 AM

I am also a mom and have tapered from 90mg to 60mg. Flu like symptoms and brain zaps set in within 72 hours. I found a great website theroadback.com and some good advice from people who actually believe the HELL this is. First thing I did was rush to the local health food store and bought some OMEGA 3 Fish Oil. I took two with every meal and the brain zaps went away completely. I still feel sort of flu-like, but not nearly as bad. Also, and this is a weird one, but I noticed that my stabbing headache went away while I was brushing my teeth with my electric tooth brush. It stayed away for about 2 hours after that. I plan to stay at 60mg for another week, then try the 30mg and pray for similar results. In the past, when I have forgotten a dose, I was immobilized by brain zaps and horrid flu like symptoms, sweating, chills, ugh. Drink lots and lots of water, taper as slowly as possible, and DO NOT quit cold turkey. Check out the website and let me know what you think. Wishing you ALL the very very best.

#21 mousiesmom

mousiesmom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:43 PM

First time adding a comment here. Can hardly type because migraine is getting worse, but just wanted to say I know what everyone is going through. Been trying unsuccessfully to get off of Cymbalta for many months (have lost track of how long it's been). Going to primary care doc day after tomorrow, that's the only thing keeping me going right now. Have been feeling pretty hopeless for what seems like forever. If it weren't for my 86-year-old mother & my somewhat supportive husband (he tries, but has never had to deal with this stuff first-hand, so he doesn't understand why I can't just "buck up" and go cold turkey), I would probably do something drastic. Have been barely hanging on, merely existing, most of the time. Just want to feel better so I can contribute something to the world instead of just "taking up space." It does help to know others can relate, though. Have lived through other very bad periods, so that gives me a bit of hope. Well, going to take a Frova for migraine and let my husband know I probably can't fix him anything for dinner - again. Will report back after seeing my doc on Wednesday. She's a wonderful primary care doc, so I'm grateful to have found her. Need to find a new psychiatrist though, for long-term medication management. Best of luck to all those who are on this very rocky, difficult road. Oh, and am going to look at the website theroadback.com, hopefully it's not trying to promote its own products. Thanks for mentioning it, "no lobotomy." :-)

#22 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:49 PM

<br />First time adding a comment here. Can hardly type because migraine is getting worse, but just wanted to say I know what everyone is going through.  Been trying unsuccessfully to get off of Cymbalta for many months (have lost track of how long it's been).  Going to primary care doc day after tomorrow, that's the only thing keeping me going right now.  Have been feeling pretty hopeless for what seems like forever. If it weren't for my 86-year-old mother &amp; my somewhat supportive husband (he tries, but has never had to deal with this stuff first-hand, so he doesn't understand why I can't just &quot;buck up&quot; and go cold turkey), I would probably do something drastic. Have been barely hanging on, merely existing, most of the time.  Just want to feel better so I can contribute something to the world instead of just &quot;taking up space.&quot;  It does help to know others can relate, though. Have lived through other very bad periods, so that gives me a bit of hope. Well, going to take a Frova for migraine and let my husband know I probably can't fix him anything for dinner - again. Will report back after seeing my doc on Wednesday. She's a wonderful primary care doc, so I'm grateful to have found her. Need to find a new psychiatrist though, for long-term medication management. Best of luck to all those who are on this very rocky, difficult road. Oh, and am going to look at the website theroadback.com, hopefully it's not trying to promote its own products.  Thanks for mentioning it, &quot;no lobotomy.&quot; :-)<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Yes, it is a very difficult road. I weaned slowly for a year. I was close to 0mg, when my symptoms began getting unbearable, so I had to updose. It seems like it is imposible to get off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users