2 replies to this topic

#1 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to get this toxin out of my body!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:12 PM

Well, it's 7 days with no Cymbalta now, and I feel great. No withdrawal symptoms (and whoa, were they severe when I tried to do it without medical supervision and the help of the other meds). I NEVER thought I'd say that, even a week ago. I thought for sure that the weaning process would be awful given how I felt on the second day without the Cymbalta.

I have clarity and patience, I can focus at work (and not cry at my desk), I'm on an even keel about things (I can trust my perceptions and judgment again), I feel normal emotions - like love and joy and compassion, and I have energy to do things around the house and to go to the gym.

I've started taking the 10 mg Prozac caps every other day but am not anticipating trouble stopping it by next week. I've found that I can take 25 mg. of Seroquel an hour before bedtime to sleep and get 9 hours of sleep and wake and feel refreshed. That also acts to keep the anxiety at bay during the day (which is I why I started the Cymbalta in the first place). So does the "get relaxed" tea I've been sipping in my office.

There is hope. I am so grateful that I had a pdoc who knew exactly what to do to get me off the drug without it costing me weeks or months of my life.

Great story! It's always great to see that people are successful getting off of the 'Balta!

I too used Prozac to help me get off of Cymbalta. I had weaned off of Paxil years ago but it was nothing like trying to get off Cymbalta. I had been taking Cymbalta for 5 years at dosages up to 90mg at times. It took me 3 months of a slow wean. I was counting beads at the end but it didn't bother me because I was feeling good and so close to the end.

I am happy to say that I have been off for over 2 weeks now and am stopping the Prozac too.

Best of luck in your life without Cymbalta.

All my best,
Pam

#2 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to get this toxin out of my body!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:15 AM

Did you stop the Cymbalata once you started the Prozac or did you do a slow taper of Cymbalta with the Prozac???

I personally added a low does of Prozac once I had weaned down to 20mg of Cymbalta.

#3 Anniemac

Anniemac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:08 PM

Ssriintolerant what kind of dr helped you? I cant seem to find a good one or one that will even acknowledge cymbalta withdrawals that last more then a few weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users