• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kate015

kate015

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    Finally free from cymbalta after a 1 1/2 year struggle of tapering. Want to help guide others off of cymbalta. You can do it!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:13 PM

I chose not to take excessive amounts of vitamins or supplements during my steps down on cymbalta because many of the reactions between herbal remedies and cymbalta are unknown or misunderstood. However, these few things helped me a lot.

Fish Oil (make sure to buy it in the purest form you can find within your price range)
Organic chamomile tea (especially helpful if you are prone to naseua or greater anxiety during the withdrawals)
Rainbow Light brand one a day multivitamin
Electrolyte enhanced water (should be available at most groceries)

high protein foods
limited sugar & fats
heavy on vegetables

plenty of exercise, of course
Please don't take prozac to ease through the cymbalta withdrawal.I got so frustrated when a number of doctors suggested this to me. then you will likely just have another addiction to deal with and further mix up of your brain chemistry. ease off slowly. allow a week (at least) for withdrawal to settle down

#2 pamela

pamela

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • why_joining:
    trying to get this toxin out of my body!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:55 PM

I chose not to take excessive amounts of vitamins or supplements during my steps down on cymbalta because many of the reactions between herbal remedies and cymbalta are unknown or misunderstood. However, these few things helped me a lot.

Fish Oil (make sure to buy it in the purest form you can find within your price range)
Organic chamomile tea (especially helpful if you are prone to naseua or greater anxiety during the withdrawals)
Rainbow Light brand one a day multivitamin
Electrolyte enhanced water (should be available at most groceries)

high protein foods
limited sugar & fats
heavy on vegetables

plenty of exercise, of course
Please don't take prozac to ease through the cymbalta withdrawal.I got so frustrated when a number of doctors suggested this to me. then you will likely just have another addiction to deal with and further mix up of your brain chemistry. ease off slowly. allow a week (at least) for withdrawal to settle down

Kate-

Prozac has worked for me as well as many others. It was the only way that I was able to get off without having debilitating withdrawals. Everyone's chemistry is different and what works for one person may not necessarily work for other people.

I have been on several AD's over the years and know for a fact that out of all of the SSRI's Prozac has the least chance for having any sort of withdrawal symptoms due to it's very long half life in the body.

Everyone has their own method to get off Cymbalta. I was on for 5 years at doses up to 90mg at times. I was able to wean off in 3 months and am now stopping the Prozac.

I consider this a success story using Prozac.

#3 abraham

abraham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:11 PM

Hello it is a real pleasure to meet you all hope that we can bring something special in our life through this forum.
i have taken ON optimen vitamins during my training days....
nice to be here... Glad to meet you all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users