#1 pjfan143

pjfan143

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    coming off Cymbalta

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:39 PM

I was on Cymbalta for over a year. I derided enough is enough and it was time to wean off. Went from 60mg a day to 30 a day for a few weeks. Then went to 30 every other day. It's been 2 weeks completely off. I have had tingles, headaches and some trouble sleeping but lately I have been extremely moody. I fly off the handle easily but calm down almost as fast. Is this typical?

Jen, I don't have an answer, but your scenario is very similar to mine. I was on Cymbalta for more than two years. I followed the same weaning protocol (except toward the last of my pills it was every three days), and it has also been two weeks clean for me. I have experienced all the same symptoms. The headaches have been particularly debilitating. As for the moodiness, some days I have a very flat affect. Other days, I am so irritable but usually feel immediately contrite if I lash out. I'm also going off birth control and having marital problems. When it rains it pours! I don't know where one thing ends and another begins. The similarities between us certainly suggest that Cymbalta withdrawal could be to blame.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users