#1 Bi Polar Two

Bi Polar Two

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    to helo others

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:00 AM

After years of medication management and experimentation, I discovered a solution to withdraw from Cymbalta and Paxil. Switch to Prozac for a two or three months. You will not experience withdraw from Cymbalta. Then just stop taking Prozac. No withdrawal symptoms with Prozac.

#2 chrism23

chrism23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • why_joining:
    withdrawing off of Cymbalta for the 2nd time in 5 years. Long time AD user. Experiences might be helpful

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:56 PM

Sorry, but that's not necessarily true. As I frequently say here everyone's reaction to the use and withdrawal of every AD is totally relative. I was on prozac weaned and had withdrawal symptoms, not as severe as cymbalta, but nausea and brain zaps, and energy spikes.

#3 RickWC

RickWC

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • why_joining:
    Trying to quit Cymbalta

Posted 20 February 2011 - 10:10 PM

I agree with Chrism33. Everybody is different. I was on Prozac years ago and stopped cold turkey with no symptoms at all. That doesn't mean that somebody else might not have them. I started Prozac again so I could get off Cymbalta. While it did help, it did not eliminate the Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms. Just made it easier to deal with. Another thing that I noticed is that many people have stomach problems or other physical issues when stopping Cymbalta. I never did but I sure got the psycological symptoms such as anxiety, severe depression, nightmares, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users