#1 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:25 AM

I would very much like to know where everyone is at in there withdrawal process. How many days off of Cymbalta, what are your current physical issues, what are your current mental issues.

For me, it has been aprox. 22 days. Cold turkey. For last 2 days have felt better physically, mentally not so great on Saturday or Sunday, but good last 2 days. I actually have the mental and physical energy today to do housework and run errands! Even going to grab the kitties as they are way past due for a nail trimming. (ouch) :lol:

Mary in Denver

#2 Mikie

Mikie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:58 PM

Day 8 completely C-balta free. Still having brain zaps, morning sickness type nausea all day long, foggy brain. That's just the physical. Today has been the worst to date for feeling very weepy to very angry. In the interest of full disclosure, I am in month 5 of being separated from a 20-year marriage. The emotional side effects could be from handling that (even though I am in a better place overall with consideration to that!), but the physical side effects are really starting to tick me off! I have taken Effexor and Lexapro and NEVER had to suffer like this when stopping. Considering I ramped down for 6 weeks I would have thought that after 7 days of being drug free I'd be fine. I wish I could stay home until it's over....

#3 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:16 PM

Day 64 for me. Mentally, I feel very good. Physically, it is getting better too, but I think it is due to the vitamin D deficiency and subsequent prescription to treat it.

I would have to say, that I am at 100% from this demon drug. I have another neurological condition that causes severe headaches, dizziness and other aches and pains, which Cymbalta didn't ever take care of, so it is hard for me to try to seperate what may be residual Cymbalta issues versus this condtion. But, I am feeling stable, have normal responses to stress and sadness, and feel like I am back!

#4 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 03:18 PM

114 days Cymbalta Free - was on 3.5 years for situational depression.
29 days antidepressant free (unfortunately, I had to jump on another antidepressant at day 45 of withdrawal to get through withdrawal) :evil:

Physical :D :lol: 150% back to normal
Mental :D :D feeling strong stable and able
Emotional :D :P :P :P :lol: - what I expected to feel like when I returned to "normal" !!!

Never had been on an antidepressant before Cymbalta - the thought of going on another one to get over withdrawal was frightening, but it was the best thing for me.
I have no idea why the Celexa withdrawal was jillions easier than Cymbalta.

Scale of 1 being easy and 10 being hard:
Cymbalta Withdrawal = 50
Celexa Withdrawal = 2

Very rare -
occasional brain "flutters" (my description for a teeny tiny zap) maybe about 3 in the past month. Some vision "trailers" about 5x/month.
Other than that, I do believe I accomplished my goal of being off of antidepresants.

#5 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:52 PM

:lol: at Sarah J, with your 1-10 scale, you even got a chuckle out of my stressed out boyfriend... :D I was only on Cymbalta from the first part of Dec-March 12th. Started empyting the capsules little by little, March 12th-April 12th. So I am 24 days Cymbalta free!!! Ummm, at a loss of words. If I were talking to you guys in an audiance, I think I would have gotten an applause for being at a loss of words. :lol: I am calm. Very calm. I have made it past the brain zaps, the headaches, the not sleepingfor 4 days straight, then not being able to stay awake for 3 days straight, but I still have some confused moments. Could be a blonde thing, too....or senior moment....they are starting to run together. I am not feeling my anger and have not been feeling anger since Saturday. It could be the 5-HTP keeping me on an even keel, but if any newbies are reading this, please do alot of research on the 5-HTP and there are posts in regards to it. Don't do this because it may be helping me, because right now I really dont know what is helping me. I know I fasted from Thursday lunch time until Saturday around 2:00, but it was due to just did not feel like eating. I have really been calm and to be honest, it scares me to death!! Like I am afraid to say it, for fear of jinxing myself. Too, you guys know I have so many people praying for me.....and that could be it in a nut shell....But I still do not feel 'stable'....just calm and things do not bother me that much, I seem to be able to think more clearly, except when I put 2 eggs in the chew bread instead of 3, cuz I have been making peanut butter cookies for the past two weeks (which calls for 2 eggs)....BUT other than that, life seems bearable, beautiful even!!....ask me again tomorrow. :P

#6 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:00 PM

Oh, I never have spoken much about senstivity to light, touch, sound, just about everything. A type of paranoia, it seems. You knew once I started talking, the loss for words moment would end, huh? LOL But I will jump at everything. That one website was so right on about the movies we watch and the violent ones can easily upset us...well maybe not upset us, but trigger something in our brain that may set back the healing process. When my boyfriend helps me put my hair up in my cap, I am scrunching, sometimes if I see my hair out of the corner of my eye, I will jump. Silly things like that. Loud noises or an unexpected noise tend to startle me so bad, I could actually cry about it, but that has subsided too. Just thought I would ask you about that.

#7 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:02 PM

I love all of your answers so far. It is so insightful. Some are so funny but honest at same time. KEEP THEM COMING FOLKS! I may write a book. A definant (oops, there goes the spelling) eye opener for the medical/psychiatric community.

I love you all!

#8 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:42 PM

I'm on day 58, cold turkey, my problems started while still on the cymbalta.... so time frame is longer than 58 days of symptoms. I, like schmb01, have a pre cymbalta condition that included many of these symptoms, but I'm pretty sure I'll know when I'm back to that state. At this point all I can say is,not that I have good days and bad days, I have bad days and worse days.

Yesterday was "not so bad" but starting with last nights epsom salt bath, which I almost passed out from (??????) I've been in terrible shape today, nightmares all night, very dizzy all day, total brain fog, actually having some visual distortions (hallucinations), My "Spinal Zap" is back, major body pains....... Yeah I'll know when I'm back to being "normally screwed up" as opposed to cymbalta-ized. :roll:

If it were anywhere near "enjoyable" I'd swear I was on a street drug, but this is stronger than any street drug out there and total misery. And so far..... hasn't gone away.

Greybeard,

Day 58 ...... trying

You know GB, in that link that talked about Epsom salts, it also talked about them raising seratonin levels. I was hesitant to try it because of that. I took my second one last night, and felt good after, but today, I feel very,very achy and lethargic. I wonder if it is just a "normal" bad day, or if it is the salts? To be safe, I didn't take one tonight.

Babby

#9 samantha

samantha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:07 PM

Lori, I am really sensitive to everything, one of my reasons for working from home today. Monday in a department meeting (I'm a lawyer, an associate to be exact) I told a Partner to stop clicking his pen - in front of the entire group (in law firms associates don't tell partners to do anything) which just made everybody stare at me, but it was bad enough that I was actually at a meeting, but then trying to listen to the person talking while this guy was non-stop clicking his pen, I thought I was going to scream or cry. I think screaming or crying in a department meeting may be worse than asking a guy to stop clicking his pen.

Anyways, thought I would share, I cried yesterday at a rerun of the tv show "Reba" and at an ASPCA newsletter. To be fair though it probably isn't all Cymbalta, my mother died ten years ago and all the mother's day ads and the tv shows focusing on mother/daughter relationships are really getting to me. At the mall on Saturday this a-hole asked me what in my purchases was for my mother and reminded me that my mother was expecting a nice present and suggested I get out of line and go get her something. I, rather rudely, explained to him that my mother was dead and therefore would not be interested in anything he was selling at the Ann Taylor Loft. Was I supposed to dig her up and change her outfit? He seemed a bit stunned and rang up my purchase without saying anything else.

And I have this water fountain thing for my cat (she won't drink out of a bowl of still water) and it was making a low hum yesterday, I had to turn it off. I put in ear plugs and I thought I could still hear it just sitting there humming. My cat will just have to go thirsty or deal with still water until I kick this thing.

#10 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:21 PM

Hi Samantha. I'm Mary. I have probably missed your first posting, but am curious what your situation is with the Cymbalta. Are you withdrawling from it now? How long?

I have going cold turkey for 23 days today, and I think Lori would be at day 25 today (am I right Lori?), and in the last week or so I get misty eyed and down right blubbery over the silliest things. But it feels like "healthy" emotions as opposed to SIN-balta emotions. I cry watching Dancing With The Stars! There is nothing wrong with weepiness!

What are your physical symptoms right now and are you dealing with those ok? I have not had a hard time from the mental side of withdrawal, but I have the physical. Much pain in joints and muscles.

Anyway, point me toward your first posting on here, or give me the low down if you want.

Stay strong........ :D

#11 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:31 PM

Samantha, your thoughts, your feelings, your anger, aggitation, tears.....all validated! I am sorry your Mom passed away. I know this time of year must be hard on you. As I have said in other posts, it seems my underlying thoughts or feelings have been extremely amplified during this withdrawal period. You are right, Mary, this is day 25 for me without Cymbalta. Something I find interesting. Has anyone else noticed it? All but Greybeard. :o) But remember how we forgot the pain we went through during the birth of a child? Only to be reminded again once labor pains started with the 2nd one? Well, I have forgotten so many symptoms. Symptoms I had a week ago, two weeks ago, a month ago. I forget about them until someone mentions them on here, then I remember.

I read where weaning off an anti depressant attacks the nervous system. I think I understood that correctly. When I read that, it all fell into place. I feel a frown on my forehead when I am outside in the sunlight or an overhead light in the house is on. I did not want to be touched. People looking at me got on my nerves, which is why I have not left the house all week....too I got so confused in the Piggly Wiggly last week, I just dont want to deal with it again, but I will have to, tomorrow. I am so aware of sounds around me. The air conditioner will kick on and startle me, I will look around.....my boyfriend will say, its just the AC.....I KNEW THAT!!! I WOULD HAVE EVENTUALLY FIGURED IT OUT!!! :roll:
My dogs like to lick my legs after I get out of the shower.....it got on my nerves bad, so rather than yell at them I put on sweats when I get out.

I have tried to find your first post, so I will know where you are in regards to being Cymbalta free. Go to the nutritional threads. There are so many great ideas and advice there. Alot of foods and supplements you may benefit from, that may help your withdrawal symptoms more pleasant....To be honest there is nothing pleasant about Cymbalta withdrawal....but everything you have told me is normal. About 3 Fridays ago, I was in the drive through at McDonalds, they guy handed me my bag, I said Thank You....in my chipper voice.....because even though I am having a bad day, I should not take it out on him, right? Well, he said nothing and turned to his coworker and continued to talk, I repeated myself, "Thank you".....he turned and looked and said nothing.....HEY!!!!! I SAID THANK YOU, I DESERVE A YOUR WELCOME OR HAVE A GOOD DAY!!! He just looked at me and said, Have a good day.....I said, "I dont want it now, if I have to beg you for it".......and drove away. I wonder if I made him cry.... :D

Hang in there, it will get easier. I know it will. You mentioned Mothers Day. In a couple of other posts I mentioned my boyfriend not handling my situation very well this past weekend....I also said his two best friends/coworkers were sent to another state to work for a few months, so I know he misses them....his daughter gives me a very hard time and that eats at him.....He adored his Mama, he speaks very highly of her, her deceased date was April 28th, of 97, but still her deceased date has just passed, her birthday is tomorrow, and Mother's Day is Sunday....so, I may not be the only thing getting him down. I should have thought about that before now. Well, I have gone off course again....so I will stop with that.

We will get through this!

#12 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:45 PM

Could not have said things better myself Samantha. Lori got it just right. Everything she said is so true (I yelled at the McDonalds girl and her manager about 30 minutes ago... :D )

My mom passed away a couple of days before Mom's Day 3 years ago (or has it been 4) so Sunday is going to suck to put it into great words. Hang in there girl friend! It will get better, then worse, then better and on and on until your system is clean and I have no idea how long that takes. My left foot today is having so much nerve pain. Normally it is both feet. So who knows? And I hate to brush my hair now. Scalp is just so sensitive. UGH.

Take care.

#13 samantha

samantha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:00 PM

Hi Mary, I just started posting on Sunday, not sure where on here, Sunday was pretty bad. I have been taking Cymbalta for two years. I have chronic pain, I had surgery on my back and hip in 1987 and have a limited range of motion and lots of pain including phantom pain in my hip and nerve damage in my back. From that I fight fatigue and depression. My doctor thought Cymbalta would help since one of its listed uses is for nerve damage in diabetics. And I think it really did help. However, I have decided to try to have a baby, and Cymbalta has not been proven safe for use during pregnancy so my doctor suggested I go off of it before I get pregnant. I was on 60 mg so she told me to take 30s for two weeks and then stop, she acted like it was no big deal.

I dropped to 30 three Saturdays ago, I chose not to do a weekday since I had dizzy spells and headaches if I ever forgot to take my Cymbalta so I figured the first day there could be side effects. The side effects dropping to 30 only lasted a few days and weren't too bad actually. So after two weeks I stopped taking it completely, which was last Saturday. Saturday was ok but Sunday I was freaking out, I couldn't walk or talk, I felt like I had ants crawling on me and I couldn't stop crying. I found this website and when I read about people weaning off Cymbalta by dumping out portions of the pellets I dumped out part of one and took it, hoping I would feel better. I didn't. I finally took a sleeping pill and went to bed. When I got up Monday I took another portion of a pill and Monday I felt better but still weird. Tuesday I didn't take any at all and I didn't go to work. Then today I haven't taken anything, I am still not at work. I have told them I have a stomach flu. So I guess I am only on day two Cymbalta free and it has been 2 1/2 weeks since I have taken a full 60 mg.

So far I have really high blood pressure, in the "stage 2 hypertension" range according to my heart rate monitor. I sometimes feel as if my blood is outside my body (if that makes any sense at all) and I shake. My pain level is about the same as usual though. I have had two migraine headaches in the past 10 days. Apparently the Cymbalta was preventing migraines and my doctor gave me something else to take for migraines (I can't recall the name of it). I'm not really in anymore pain than usual but I am having a hard time functioning. I think I am just used to a certain level of back pain but when you add in headaches, dizziness and weird sensations it really is testing my resolve.

At some point I also have to give up sleeping pills, pain pills, muscle relaxers and caffeine. Do you think if I adopt a baby and pretend to be pregnant my boyfriend will figure it out?

I've been typing so long I forgot what your question was .... I hope I answered it.

#14 judysworld

judysworld

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:38 PM

Good day to all ---

I'm new to this website, and am very glad I found it. I thought I was going nuts after stopping Cymbalta. I started Cymbalta in October, 2007 at the recommendation of my neurologist, for treatment of fybromyalgia that was caused to having a triple cervical fusion in April, 2006. I'm also taking Lyrica, another fybromyalgia "miracle drug" that works about 'half'. Anyway, after a month on Cymbalta, I developed colitis that eventually took me to a gasterenterologist, who after a battery of tests that were oh-so-not-pleasant, I was diagnosed with lymphocytic colitis...possibly drug-induced, according to my gasterenterologist. No one, not my neurologist, not the gasterenterologist, not my GP, EVER told me what the side effects of Cymbalta could be other than what you hear about on the TV ads. But, on the FDA website, way, way, down in the small print after reading about 20 pages of "stuff", there the colitis was, listed as a "rare but serious side effect" that warrants contacting your doctor immediately. Geez, ya think? I'd contacted 3 of them, and not one of them clued me in on it.

So, contacted the neurologist, whose specialty you'd think this was, told him of my findings and recent health problems and diagnosis, and his comment was "well, maybe it's the Cymbalta.....let's take you off of it." Geez, ya think? After 4 months & literally thousands of dollars in tests, etc.?

Okay, I'm over the PO'd part now. Withdrawal symptoms 10 days after stopping the Cymbalta are: horrible dizziness, night sweats like i'm going through menopause again, the brain zaps that everyone has that causes headaches, having trouble focusing my eyes on things, burning sensations & tingling in my muscles, inability to regulate my body temperature (feels like I have the flu), waking up about every 2 hours at night. It's like all of the symptoms for which I was prescribed Cymbalta have returned 10-fold. What's up with that???

I guess it just irritates me that medications like Cymbalta are thrown into the marketplace without enough research or warning. Doctors aren't educating their patients on the side effects, and the manufacturer hides them in small print in 20 pages of irrelevant information. I wonder what people who don't have access to the internet do to find out what's going on.

Anyway, I appreciate being able to vent. I'd like to read some success stories of Cymbalta withdrawal .... has anyone completely recovered?

#15 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:39 PM

judysworld - I am completely off of Cymbalta and back to normal, whatever normal is!! Seriously, I made it through, but I was on for depression issues, not pain ones. I don't know if that made a difference, but the withdrawal was brutal on me, as with others. I even had to at day 45 be put on another antidepressant to get over Cymbalta, making me hugely angry because I had never taken any antidepressants before Cymbalta.

The second antidepressant kind of "clicked" back on the things in my brain that I thought were never going to work again on their own. I am a month off of the second antidepressant and about 110 days off Cymbalta.

So don't give up faith, I do think that many people do get through this without taking another antidepressant, I just was not able to function after 45 days of waiting to get better and my life could not be put on hold any longer to wait for the magic day that my brain chemistry decided to work on its own.

I think that because I was told by my old doc to go cold turkey that was the first part of making my withdrawal bad. Then the old doc told me that what I was going through did not exist for about two weeks, that I would get better, just wait. But my old doctor was an idiot when it came to withdrawal. I was frightened and did not want to go and get more help, nor was I going to take Cymbalta again, ever.

But after 6 weeks off, my emotional status sucked eggs, I cried constantly and thought I would never get better. The second antidepressant (given to me by my new doctor because I fired the old hack) helped immediately, I weaned off correctly from that and things are really good now.

Good mentally, physically and emotionally, it does get better. And keep in mind, that many people come here, get info and post then feel better and do not return to tell their success stories, trying to put the experience behind them.

#16 judysworld

judysworld

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:13 AM

Sarah J -

Thanks for the response........I really like hearing about a success story with this insidious stuff. What's really crazy is that I didn't really have any symptoms of depression until I started taking the Cymbalta. Now it's really messing with my emotions, and I'm up, down, weepy, PO'd, and all of this in the course of about an hour. I'll give it another couple of weeks and if it's not getting better, maybe I'll go back to my neurologist and say "now look....."

Thanks again.....you're been very helpful!!!

#17 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:54 AM

judysworld - there are many other success stories. You just have to sift through the old posts. Which when you are hurting and confused from withdrawal, are not so easy to navigate, but they are in there. Many people made it through without resorting to another drug, they did it on their own. Which I do agree is the way to go. But for some of us, we need the support of another antidepressant to pull us through.

If you feel better more than you feel worse, keep on going. If you are seeing a downward spiral of mental stuff, like you cry for a few days straight, I would not try to wait that stuff out and head right to the doctor, if your neurologist can't see you immediately, then get to your general practitioner. I just wish that I had not listened to my old doctor so long and went for a second opinion about three weeks earlier. Just don't suffer needlessly, this is your life!!!

#18 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:58 AM

Hi Judy's world. Just read your posting about docs not knowing the real symptoms of SIN-balta. Most of them only educate themselves as far as the drug companies let them, so our docs are going by what Eli-Lilly is tell them. I went to e.r. yesterday because my physcial pain, which by the way includes nerve pain. Told the triage nurse I had gone cold turkey from this evil drug 24 day before. Told her I'm going thru withdrawal from it. She actually told me my simptoms did not equate to that of the med and that even if it did it doesn't take that long to withdraw from the drug. B.S.

Here is a web sight I posted somewhere else. I would suggest printing it off and taking it docs. It's a very long list of withdrawal symptoms, but highlite the ones that pertain to you. Hope this will help shed more light on the matter to you and your docs.

http://www.prozactru...om/cymbalta.htm

Mary in Denver

#19 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:16 AM

Hi Judy's world. Just read your posting about docs not knowing the real symptoms of SIN-balta. Most of them only educate themselves as far as the drug companies let them, so our docs are going by what Eli-Lilly is tell them. I went to e.r. yesterday because my physcial pain, which by the way includes nerve pain. Told the triage nurse I had gone cold turkey from this evil drug 24 day before. Told her I'm going thru withdrawal from it. She actually told me my simptoms did not equate to that of the med and that even if it did it doesn't take that long to withdraw from the drug. B.S.

Mary - well, the medical system calls what we are going through "Discontinuation Syndrome" so you probably did not use words with her that she understood. :twisted: Over 20% of the population has a hard time with coming off of any antidepressant, Cymbalta and Effexor being two of the worst documented ones. Why and how can a caregiver dismiss this?

What was the result of your ER visit - did they offer you any solutions that could help you?
Hope you are feeling better today.

#20 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:25 PM

I think most medical personnel (notice I don't call them "caregivers") believe "discontinuation syndrome" doesn't exist. Those that have heard of it believe it's "all in your head".

My Psyche Doc was actually calling it a "reverse placebo effect"

Well, technically they are right, because it messes with our brain chemistry, so yeah, it is all in our head and trickles down to the body parts our brain has dominion over!!!! :lol: :) Sometimes I can't figure out if my strange humor conveys in writing!

Now, you have come up with a new one "reverse placebo effect" that's a new one - yep - everyone - Sorry my brains won't function today, I am suffering a bout of reverse placebo effect! :) The worst comment I found was from the Cymbalta package insert - that "discontinuation syndrome is a rare side effect that is generally self-limiting!! That one sets off my tirade button.

So I will stop now on that one. While I take my problems that are all in my head and work with my reverse placebo effect and try not to self limit myself when going through my daily activities! :D

Hang in there today everybody - be strong.

#21 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:04 PM

I think most medical personnel (notice I don't call them "caregivers") believe "discontinuation syndrome" doesn't exist. Those that have heard of it believe it's "all in your head".

My Psyche Doc was actually calling it a "reverse placebo effect"

Well, technically they are right, because it messes with our brain chemistry, so yeah, it is all in our head and trickles down to the body parts our brain has dominion over!!!! :lol: :) Sometimes I can't figure out if my strange humor conveys in writing!

Now, you have come up with a new one "reverse placebo effect" that's a new one - yep - everyone - Sorry my brains won't function today, I am suffering a bout of reverse placebo effect! :) The worst comment I found was from the Cymbalta package insert - that "discontinuation syndrome is a rare side effect that is generally self-limiting!! That one sets off my tirade button.

So I will stop now on that one. While I take my problems that are all in my head and work with my reverse placebo effect and try not to self limit myself when going through my daily activities! :D

Hang in there today everybody - be strong.

I hate it when I'm self limited from that damn reverse placebo! :mrgreen:

#22 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:30 PM

There was no humor in what you ladies were saying, it was sarcasm.... :lol: Ok, so I guess it was funny, it was a warped sense of humor. I am glad to see you ladies are having a great day today!! I am so thankful my boyfriends daughters therapist KNOWS what I am going through. A therapist!!! She is a wonderful person! Schmb01, she wrote down the Positive Mood Formula, by Great Days, so she can research it. She told me as long as I feel stable on it, to keep taking it unless she says other wise. I told her alittle of what we talked about on here. Then I left her to work with my BF's daughter for the last 45 minutes.

#23 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:05 PM

Lori, anything you read here are suggestions, and you are right to do your own research. Like I said in my reply to your email, if the 5 htp is working for you, that is great! You don't need to worry about anyone here approving or not. All we can do is provide what little information that we stumble across. Each of us ultimately have to find the right combination that works for us, whether it is herbal supplements, medical intervention, talk therapy, or the wonderful therapy we get here just sharing our experiences. You sound like you are feeling much better, and that has to be such a relief!

Yes, Sarah and I were taking a stab at humor/sarcasm. Sometimes if you don't laugh, you will cry.

#24 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:53 PM

Well now, with my assistance this topic has taken a road off the beaten path. Would still like to know how many days out everyone is and how are you feeling? What are your symptoms now compared to what they once were?

Greybeard-I walked out of that hospital after the nurse took it upon herself to assume I had just overdosed (where she got that I have no clue because I told her mentally I was 100% better after getting off of that crap), asked if I was an alcoholic, had I been drinking that day, nothing about my pain in muscles and joints, then put me in a guarded e.r. room for suicidal people!!!! I WALKED OUT WAVING BYE BYE TO EVERYONE. What a bunch of crap. I'm going to find out who her supervisor is and file a huge complaint.

#25 tickedoff

tickedoff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:45 PM

Samantha, you sound just like me. I'm cymbalta free for 23 days. Just when I think I'm getting better, the :evil: starts happening again. I don't want anyone to talk to me while I'm doing something else, I just want to chew everyones head off!!!! I feel like I shouldn't complain because there are some on here who have had a lot worse problems than me. What ticks me off more than anything else is the weight gain. I haven't seen many posts on this lately and if you have started loosing weight after going off for a while WILL YOU PLEASE POST HERE SO I WILL KNOW IF IT IS JUST ME? I don't know if I have liver damage or not. I'm ready to go to the Dr. office and scream at everyone until I get some answers!! :evil:

#26 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:46 AM

Yes, went from size 9 misses last summer to size 14 womens this summer. Just had a field day at Lane Bryant today. But, seriously that was a lot of weight gain in one year. I think I shed a few pounds the first couple of weeks, but then again when the SIN-balta went out the door, so did the bad eating habits. If I loose the weight then great.....if I don't not a big deal. Would rather loose the physical pain (some, but not all, brought on by weight gain-but more the evil drug has given me this pain) first.

#27 justintime

justintime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 10:36 AM

For your poll: Am on Day 31. Have made it through all the usual problems. Am plagued by muscle pain and muscle twitching (like restless leg syndrome) which I've never had before (was on Cymbalta for PDD). Insomnia and/or Fatigue. Zaps are back a bit. Am unable to exercise (need to desperately). No appetite. Seriously bad mood. But also amazingly clear-headed sometimes, like I've taken off foggy glasses and am seeing the world for the first time since starting antidepressants. Only one person in my life understands but she failed her attempt to escape Paxil so I'm on my own in this scary journey. Will see Dr this week just to complain about the leg muscle twitching - want it on my records in case someone ever takes Eli Lilly to the mat for this and we can all join a class action suit.

#28 racefan

racefan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:37 PM

Lori, you poor thing, having the pen clicking irritate you. I can relate. I am a court reporter. I report depositions only. I have had those situations. Witnesses rocking back and forth in a squeaky chair, clicking pens, coughing. I just want to scream! (I haven't yet)

Cymbalta withdrawal has no social barriers, does it? It affects us all. I have trouble concentrating when I am transcribing. I can sit through depos just fine, have a stellar day. That is the end, though. Once I get home, I am either in bed or sitting at my desk in a fog.

My appetite is huge. I am nauseated but want to eat. Today is about 2 weeks Cymbalta free, I think. I really don't know. The days just drag on. I am tired, foggy, nauseated, achy (which is why I was on it to start with. back/muscle pain). I am tired of pushing forward. I just want everything to stop and take a break so I can feel better. It is hard to push on like everything is fine when you feel like doo-doo. I don't want to clean house, do laundry.

I went through a shopping frenzy as I tapered off. I shopped online, in stores, on tv. Now I don't want to buy a thing. I'm just zapped.

What a rollercoaster. I want off!

#29 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 04:18 PM

Hey Racefan, and I think it was actually Samantha who was annoyed by the clicking pen...but I can so relate!! In your line of work, you are the one no one sees or hears from, the one that is pretty much invisible....even on TV....BUT very important, I was not minimizing the importance of your job, by no means....I just mean, you are quiet, you have to focus, you have to be precise in what information you are typing.....and I have give you credit and my best wishes.....because if I had your job, I would somehow be the one that they handcuffed and took into contempt of court. I hope you will take as much advice from this forum as possible. It is a great site. I am one of the lucky ones, I lost my job, so therefore I have the opportunity to heal and maybe to wallow in self pity and to give in the evil that Cymbalta created in me. :twisted: But there are so many on here, whom inspire me because they did not loose their jobs, they continued taking care of family, their careers and I am so very proud of them, even in awe of them.
Speaking of your username......who is your driver? There are more that I actually pull for than against, but I have No 16 on my car, but my boyfriend, son in law and grandson pull for JR and Tony.....so I do too....Biffle is going to win this weekend. ;)
Schmb01, I think I always mention the 5-HTP being controversial or up for debate, mainly because I dont want anyone to get confused as to why I take it. I dont want anyone to think this could be a quick fix for them when it could be their worst enemy. Since I had that procedure done that started this nightmare/circus in my life, I seem to get the blahs and cramps 5 or 6 days before IT actually gets here....so I have been kinda blah this week, with more than usual brain zaps....(this should be under the other topic) but I still feel pretty good. I was sitting on the porch while my grandkids played (they came over for early Mothers Day gift giving), and I was thinking.....my life cant get much better, about that time, my 3 year old granddaughter turned around and handed me a clover, and said "For your, Grandma"....well, it got better. :D

#30 racefan

racefan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:03 PM

Hi, Lori.
Did you lose your job because of side effects of meds or withdrawal symptoms? If I weren't self-employed, I would be unemployed. Being self-employed, thank God I don't have to show up to work at the same time each day. I wouldn't make it.

No. 16, yes, I'm hoping he'll win, too. ;) We'll cross our fingers! I have No. 16 race-used sheetmetal on my wall ... 4 BIG pieces of it. Probably 1/4 to 1/3 of a car. Don't hate me when I say I'm a Busch Brothers fan. It started with Roush, so I like all the Roush guys (and former Roush guys).

Today is day 1 with no nausea!! Hopefully tomorrow will be day 2, and so on.

Has anyone else gone through the shopping frenzy, or is that just "normal" bipolar and not anything to do with Cymbalta withdrawal? I do take 300 mgs of Wellbutrin. I also take Ambien, so I haven't had any sleepless-night problems that others have complained about.

So nice to know I'm not alone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users