• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 FalconLady

FalconLady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:04 PM

Are there any Class Action suits concerning the withdrawal of Cymbalta? I am vastly interested in this. Thank you

#2 whatanightmare

whatanightmare

Busy Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:25 PM

I made some inquiries about finding an attorney, and was referred to only one law firm in the country that handles Cymbalta cases. They told me they aren't currently taking new cases. Does anyone know more?

#3 LowMo

LowMo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:09 PM

I made some inquiries about finding an attorney, and was referred to only one law firm in the country that handles Cymbalta cases. They told me they aren't currently taking new cases. Does anyone know more?

Just attorneys that pop up on web sites when looking for cymbalta withdrawal relief! I have been documenting some things; Honestly, if I get my mind back after all of this, I am going to tell my story to an attorney. Let me know if you hear anything.

#4 Joan

Joan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:15 PM

Just attorneys that pop up on web sites when looking for cymbalta withdrawal relief! I have been documenting some things; Honestly, if I get my mind back after all of this, I am going to tell my story to an attorney. Let me know if you hear anything.

A web search for attorneys may lead to a firm that will either take your case of refer you to someone who will. Also, attorney associations may be able to provide referrals to attorneys who specialize in this area. Find one that is knowledgeable and is easy to work with would be great.

#5 InnerStrengths

InnerStrengths

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 02:58 PM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE view this YouTube Video called "How to Sue Drug Companies for Free ". The speaker tells demonstrates doing Google searches for "Cymbalta lawsuits" and so forth. She also suggests doing this with other prescript drugs. Go to YouTube.com and type in a search for this video.

I agree that I will be looking for a lawyer to tell my story to once I get through this "weaning" as well. I HATE CYMBALTA.

#6 concealedkiss

concealedkiss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:23 PM

I am in the USA and I am very interested in a class action lawsuit as I almost committed suicide yesterday from withdrawal symptoms. I kept on having this urge to just grab a knife and harm myself. I have never in my life felt this. I have NEVER been suicidal. I was worse than when I started! And worse I didn't know any of this would happen.

#7 Angie

Angie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:41 PM

I too was suicidal last night. I was hysterical. There has got to be a way to prevent future victims and to help us who have been victims. I am doubting my life wll ever be normal again. I've been so happily married with a beautiful 2 1/2 year old boy I adore and they diserve better than I can offer them. (I've been on antidepressants for a few years for post traumatic stress disorder and panic attacks). I wanted to live without medication and now this. I would like justice. Maybe we all will be blessed by an attorney reading this who decides to take action. I have not been in a frame of mind to do much at all. My head has so much pressure, I'm almost hoping it will soon explode the relieve the pain.
Angie

#8 That1TyGuy

That1TyGuy

Busy Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:09 AM

Yea, I completely agree. I hope they get the problems situated so that other people to not get the same problems. As its terible so many of us got the problem but for others to be a victim of it is even worse. Something must be done!

#9 BearJear

BearJear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:08 PM

If anything cymbalta could at least give a more knowledgeable withdrawal warning. It may be hard to get a drug off the market but to at least reveal the truth of its terrible withdrawal patterns would give me a little satisfaction.

#10 mslilrose

mslilrose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 04:11 PM

Considering the number of people registered to this forum, is there any way we can join one another in a lawsuit? I know the more squeaky wheels, the better. I haven't a clue of how to begin one, but please count me in. I'll check back from time to time. is there a way that the members of this forum can be contacted at their e-mail addresses given when registering?

#11 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:23 PM

My thought is, if you really feel that you have a valid case, contact an attorney to discuss it. They would be the best judge of each individual case, and whether or not it has merit.

You can contact the FDA and file a complaint, and if enough people do that, voicing there concerns, that may have some impact as well. Start a letter writing campaign, or whatever to make yourself heard.

I would caution anyone here about sharing your personal Email addresses and that type of information freely on a public forum. You can very easily become a target for internet scams such as identity theft.

I do believe that there is strength in numbers, but face it, we are all fairly vulnerable right now, and could be easy targets for those that do NOT have our best interests in mind.

Just a word from someone who is either cautious or paranoid! :mrgreen:

#12 hopeful

hopeful

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:33 AM

oh my, I want to be called to this witness stand and holler every terrible word I know, it should be a curse to say Cymbalta on you!! :twisted:
The weird feeling/need that pops up to self injure is soooo scary!! I hate that our brains are so weird that they think, oh, lets grab a knife! I am praying for you ladies with kids too. I have a 2 year old and it kills me to be playing dolls with her while I am desperatly trying not to yell or hit the wall for no reason. 2 year old kisses are the best remedy yet. I pray my daughter will never have depression but if she does we will NEVER allow her near the C word.
yes lets sue em for screwing with our lives!!

#13 Mislead!

Mislead!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:51 PM

Hi, I'm new to this site. I have been on Cymbalta for 2 years. I tried to get off it last year though the step down or "weaning" plan my doctor suggested, only to return quickly to the full dosage as the nurse at my doctor's office suggested I may not be ready to stop since I was suddenly experiencing severe (worse than before starting Cymbalta) depression and crying spells (I also experienced thoughts of suicide, but did not tell her as I felt I could control them). During this time, I also experienced severe dizziness, nausea and fatique, but did not connect them with the decrease in Cymbalta. I just thought I had gotten some weird bug. Later, when a new employee at my office, called in sick to work for days at a time due to severe dizziness (along with many other symptoms that she noted when she was finally able to come back to work), the pieces started to come together and make sense. I had experienced the beginning of withdrawal! And, luck me (and anyone else that is on this stuff), if I ever hoped to get off Cymbalta, I would most likely have to suffer again and to a greater extent! Now that I am trying again to stop taking Cymbalta, I have again taken my physician's "weaning" advice and have over the past month and a half, decreased to taking no Cymbalta at all. I have and continue to experience negative symptoms including, severe dizziness, nausea, severe headaches, head and eye pressure, irritability, frequent crying, thoughts of suicide (again, I have not reported this elsewhere as I feel confident that I can control any action resulting from these thoughts especially now that I know they are linked to withdrawal from this drug), the list seems endless! I am in disbelief! Pharmaceutical companies are supposed to create drugs to offer help, research these drugs THOROUGHLY, and provide ALL the information available to physicians AND consumers for consideration of whether the drug and it's side effects (withdrawal side effects too!) are acceptable. In this case, there has clearly been either inadequate research or undisclosed withdrawal side effects. Cymbalta's package insert only warns not to stop medication suddenly due to the risk of specific side effects and to follow physician's instructions to avoid specific side effects. This kind of incomplete information MUST be illegal! I would have NEVER taken Cymbalta had I been FULLY informed of the potential (and apparently common) withdrawal side effects. I have been on antidepressants without suffering anything close to this! I will continue to research the possibility of class action or other suit and post here again should I find any helpful information.

#14 floridaSun

floridaSun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:58 AM

I am one of those who whas mislead on the use of Cymbalta....Yes, I should have done my own homework, but instead relyied on my Doctors expertise. I have struggled with neck pain and even had 2 vertabraes fused. It did not aleviate the pain. When I went for my annual physical I told my internest that I was tired of hurting and did not react well to pain killers. She had just the drug "Cymbalta"!! It was some new kind of pain killer and she wanted me to try it. Like all of you..I was never told that it was a anti-depressent or that it had side affects.

10 days ago I had a procedure done to my neck that was done to try and block the nerves from bing pinched. I thought OK!! I don't need to take that "Cymbalta" my other doctor gave me for pain anymore.

Well after 10 days off this "Crap" I am still having major side affects. I thought yesterday that maybe I had gotten past some of this, but OH NO today is just like the third day off.

If a class action suit could get started I now know thousand who would be first in line.
NOT SO SUNNY IN FLORIDA

#15 kelly

kelly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:38 AM

I'm about 30 days off of 120 mb cymbalta and 450 mg wellbutrin for about 4 years. I stopped cold turkey and really suffered. My symptoms started with the horrible violent dreams the first night and the following days are a blur of blinding non-stop headaches, extreme nausea/vomiting, the constant brain zaps by day, the leg zaps at night, later carb craving, crying........just so glad it's now better. The headaches only just stopped a few days ago. Nausea/vomiting for two weeks. Brain zaps now only a couple of times a week, and weaker when they come. Now total insomnia has had hold of me for almost two weeks. Up all night, sleep for a few hours in am, then cycle repeats. I'm trying to use the time wisely, cleaning/organizing like a mad woman. Lots of online research. I did not talk with my doctor about stopping this drug fearing that I would chicken out face to face. I think I felt guilty about wanting to end the relationship. I liked him, trusted him. I wonder what the doctors are really thinking........I once asked "Do you think I will take these drugs the rest of my life? (I'm 40)He didn't really answer the question. Also, from day 1, he claimed not to prescribe anything "addicting". We wouldn't want to be addicted to something like valium or zanax........5 years ago I started with lexapro.....had sexual side effects....gained weight.....add a little topomax......had sexual side effects.....add some wellbutrin......It's been like the children's book I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly......I was happy to find the information online to know that my feelings were shared by others and that I wasn't losing my mind. People should know when they are taking addictive drugs, period. It is arrogant and irresponsible for the doctors, drug companies and the FDA to be able to choose which drugs to present to us as "safe" without explaining the consequences of long term use. We all get the blah blah blah printout from the pharmacy, but I never read anything like what I experienced.

I'm ok, but still struggling every day. What do you do with feeling that are flooding back after so much suppression? It seems that my 3 teenagers, husband and family were happy with the medicated me that was VERY tolerant of them and all of their desires, disrespect and selfishness. They say that I'm grumpy. I'll say. Don't drink, don't smoke, no meds, carb craving and gaining weight again, struggling to be optimistic. Yes, I've had suicidal thoughts, irrational fears, compulsive thinking. I trust that stopping the meds are the right thing and that these feelings will pass.

#16 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:10 PM

Kelly, what you are feeling, though horrid, is "normal" for withdrawals. Cold turkey is not the best way to approach it, as you have figured out by now.

Have you looped in your doctor yet? You may need something else to help you get through the residuals. There are posts here about what others have done to assist with weaning, and one of them is nonprescription. Try taking a good Omega 3 supplement. It is around $40-$50 per bottle, but it has helped me tremendously.

Now, your comment about what to do with all of the feelings is very interesting, because I'm struggling with that myself. At the onset, they were pretty intense, rage, laughter, sadness, all to the extreme, and I seriously thought there was no way I could manage feeling like that. I'm on day 33 or 34, (can't remember exactly) and the feelings are now falling into a more normal range. Even so, I felt dead for so long, that even normal feelings feel extreme to me, but I've come to a realization; we are human, we are thinking, breathing and FEELING creatures, antidepressants have just become the easy way to deal with feeling unpleasant. But, sometimes life is sad, sometimes we get pissed off, and sometimes we can just laugh ourselves stupid. That is living.

Perhaps you should look into talking with a therapist. You mentioned that you felt guilty ending the relationship with your current doc, and if he is a therapist, then just because you aren't taking meds, doesn't mean you can't continue seeing him for talk therapy. But, if you feel uncomfortable, then maybe it is time to find someone new. Just a thought.

Good luck with the family, that is a tough one. I think in general, as Moms, we tend to want to make sure everyone is happy. Sometimes we lose ourselves in that attempt. Right now, you need to take care of YOU. Explain what you are going through, ask for their support and love, but in the end, do what is best for yourself. Everyone will benefit from having a healthier Mom.

Sorry, I didn't mean to ramble, and I'm not sure I made myself totally clear, but I went through what you are describing with family, so your story struck a chord with me.

Good Luck, and know we are here for you!

Babby

#17 kelly

kelly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:02 AM

Hi Babby and thanks so much for your reply. It's really helpful to know that others are making it after time has passed. Do you have sleeping problems? Are people switching drugs or like you said, just realizing that this is life, we're going to have feelings.......I have not contacted my doctor, he's a psychiatrist, not a therapist, so I wouldn't be able to continue. I think the Omegas are very good, and I will do that and also I'm looking into other herbals, non prescription. I really want to give myself a chance with nothing just to know, what is the new normal for me. It is really hard with my family. I have tried to explain but they really just don't get it. They appear to be listening but still expect the same old take care of everything and be happy me. I'm repeatedly getting "maybe you should just take your medicine" "you never yelled before" "you're flipping out". I feel this is so disrespectful and degrading. I have been very tempted to reconsider. Believe me, they had no idea of the rage going through my head many of those conversations, lucky for them I just couldn't catch my breath and get words out. Tonight they truly got a taste of my "flipping out". Now they have a reference point of flipping out, at least. Of course they take no responsibility in any of my reactions to their behavior. My husband is an extreme loner, does not communicate, disconnects frequently, television in an isolated room is his thing when he's home from work. He avoids conversation and activity. When he senses something is up with me, he just totally avoids me. He's a city firefighter, high stress job....I understand his need for escape. Aside from my teenagers, I'm getting better every day, evening out somewhat. I do have intense feelings that I just did not have while on cymbalta and wellbutrin, but aside from my teenagers, nothing is making me crazy but the insomnia and food cravings. I think to myself, "I can do this". May I ask you Babby, and anyone else......are you taking something to replace the cymbalta?

#18 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:21 AM

kelly - yes you can do this. There are many people who post here that report they are feeling better, and they did not switch to another drug.

If your goal is to be anti-depressant free, and you are functioning, feeling better on a daily/weekly basis, and feel relatively like a sane human being, why would you go to another drug? Do you have more days when you see the light at the end of the tunnel?

I did resort to another antidepressant after 45 days off. 30 mg for about 3.5 years. At 6 weeks out, something had to be done. Neurotransmitters in my brain were not doing their job. And I am glad that I did, bummed I am weaning off another antidepressant, but glad that I did not continue feeling the despair and mental anguish of waiting for my brains to work again.

You are the only one who can decide what is right for you. Switching to something less envasive might help you, but if you are seeing improvement and can function, why add something else into the mix?

You are the only one who can know if your brain chemistry is functioning and you are the one who knows what and how much you can deal with.

If you see good improvement on this journey, I say keep on going. But listen to yourself and do what you feel is right for you. You are the one living your life.

#19 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:16 PM

Hi Babby and thanks so much for your reply. It's really helpful to know that others are making it after time has passed. Do you have sleeping problems? Are people switching drugs or like you said, just realizing that this is life, we're going to have feelings.......I have not contacted my doctor, he's a psychiatrist, not a therapist, so I wouldn't be able to continue. I think the Omegas are very good, and I will do that and also I'm looking into other herbals, non prescription. I really want to give myself a chance with nothing just to know, what is the new normal for me. It is really hard with my family. I have tried to explain but they really just don't get it. They appear to be listening but still expect the same old take care of everything and be happy me. I'm repeatedly getting "maybe you should just take your medicine" "you never yelled before" "you're flipping out". I feel this is so disrespectful and degrading. I have been very tempted to reconsider. Believe me, they had no idea of the rage going through my head many of those conversations, lucky for them I just couldn't catch my breath and get words out. Tonight they truly got a taste of my "flipping out". Now they have a reference point of flipping out, at least. Of course they take no responsibility in any of my reactions to their behavior. My husband is an extreme loner, does not communicate, disconnects frequently, television in an isolated room is his thing when he's home from work. He avoids conversation and activity. When he senses something is up with me, he just totally avoids me. He's a city firefighter, high stress job....I understand his need for escape. Aside from my teenagers, I'm getting better every day, evening out somewhat. I do have intense feelings that I just did not have while on cymbalta and wellbutrin, but aside from my teenagers, nothing is making me crazy but the insomnia and food cravings. I think to myself, "I can do this". May I ask you Babby, and anyone else......are you taking something to replace the cymbalta?

Kelly, I re-read my response, and I hope I didn't imply that you should go without taking anything, due to the fact that life has its ups and downs. My point with that was that sometimes when we have been on meds, it is just plain hard to feel again, and we have to feel a range of emotions or we are just like robots. Now, don't discount that you may need something else, just not Cymbalta. I haven't.

I'm not taking anything else at the moment, but I know that once my brain chemistry settles down, I may indeed need something else. Years ago, I had wonderful luck on St. John's Wort. I've taken it and Wellbutrin, Lexapro, Effexor XR and Cymbalta, and I can honestly say, that I really felt my best on St. John's Wort. I didn't feel deadened, or drugged, just really, really level, with normal responses to things. I only stopped taking it because I went on Wellbutrin to quit smoking, and then through a course of other events, a diagnosis with a rare nuerolgical condition being one, I ended up on the path of these other prescriptions.

I am NOT sleeping, and I am at the end of my rope on that. I will also share with you that I felt the "rage" factor coming back yesterday, and the head zaps are creeping back in more frequently. It may be due to lack of sleep in addition to the fact that my brain is not adjusting well. The Omegas I think have helped the calming level, but like Sarah, I think I am going to have to ask my doctor for help. My Mom has some leftover Prozac, and I'm going to ask my doc about taking one, based on some advice that Sarah has posted here.

I know I want to feel things again, but I want to have normal responses.

I will add one more thing, and that is dealing with teens. My daughter is 27 now, and we are very close, but when she was a teen, I really wondered on many days if I would be able to handle it! Teens are so self absorbed, and they SHOULD be, because they are separating from their parents, and trying to figure out who they are. But, I do recall feeling very hurt and sad by it all. Of course that too is normal. They jump from adoring us for several years, to looking at us like we are from another planet, in a very short time. Plus, our kids want us to be strong; it is still hard for my daughter to deal with my medical issues, and the changes to my life. So, I would say your kids are just trying to figure themselves out. But, without giving them all of the gory details, let them know that this drug changed your brain chemistry, and that you are working hard to get it regulated again.

You can do this, and there are methods available to help you, and wonderful people here who get it, and will help you along the way. I know coming here keeps me very grounded on some scary days.

Babby

#20 kelly

kelly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:24 PM

Thanks for your support, Sarah and Babby. I must say, I am really grateful and able to feel stronger after touching base here when I do. I so appreciate your insight and encouragement while going through such a difficult time yourselves.
I have taken St. John's Wort many years ago, I liked it, too. I'm taking fish oil, spirulina and ethero root (i'm sure not spelled correctly, I'm out of it right now or would have checked the label) I NEVER sleep and feel the effects. If anyone has any other sleep inducers please please please advise. I used to take valerian root and plan to get some and try again. I have a prescription for rozerem and it had been great for me while on the other meds, but now it does not work.

Also, I found out recently that I was SEVERELY vitamin D deficient and have begun a course of vitamin D therapy for three months and will then be re-checked. I think finding out about the vit.d issue and reading about the effects of the deficiency also helped me to decide to not want any more antidepressents. This regular family doctor ordered blood work for me because I was having a number of minor complaints that she wanted to rule out an underlying cause. (First time EVER I had a doctor take such time, she even had me schedule an appointment to come back to discuss my blood results, this was also a first. I've had 3 children, back surgery, never had a doctor take such time and thought. I have Raynaud's and suffer with my hands and feet in the winter.....auto immune issues can also be related to vit.d deficiency as well as depression....I'm an artist, I've spent my life in the green industry, grew up with a family garden center and continued on outdoors throughout my life....plenty of sunshine...not the issue. She said it's an absorption issue with a level this "alarmingly low". She said that it's like this epidemic with women that is not being talked about by the medical community. I read a lot online and was shocked to learn about this since I've never heard about it beyond the drink fortified milk when you're young thing we all know about. Forgive the length here, but I vow to let everyone know possible to ask to be checked for the deficiency. It is NOT routinely checked on a "CBC" or whatever the routine tests are called, it must be ordered, no big deal. The fix for me is to "bombard" the body with vitamin d, 15,000 units twice weekly for three months, that's what I'm doing anyway. Toxicity is not a problem even though it sounds like it would be. Also, for the record, I eat lots of raw and steamed veggies, buy only organic whenever possible, free range....you know...very suprised to have this issue.

Thanks again for being here.

Kelly

#21 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:44 PM

Very interesting information on Vitamin D. I know also that vitamin B12 absorbtion issues can cause depression and a host of other things, and it is also not routinely tested for.

Wow, I would love to clone your doctor, or at the least I wish I lived close enough to see her. I had a doctor that was like that, and was only able to be her patient for around 6 months, as she had a baby and decided to stay home after. Good for her, bad for her patients!

Thanks for updating Kelly, good luck, and know we are here.

#22 wendydemora

wendydemora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:46 PM

hello everyone my life has been a nightmare. I also was prescribed this poison for fibromyalgia 2 years ago. I have lost precious time that I will never get back.1 week ago I had a horrible thought to harm myself.I could not understand why i was feeling this way , i thought i was going crazy. thats when i looked up cymbalta withdrawel symptoms . i took my bottel of poison and gave them the big flush, i feel so sick from withdrawel symptoms. i have brain zapps,dizzy ,throwingup,ache all over wiped out.it is day 6 when will this ever end.I ALSO WOULD liketo find out if losing a ton of hair.this pill should be taken off the market, please hang in there wendy

#23 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:06 PM

wendydemora - what dosage were you taking when you flushed them?

are you trying to come off of cymbalta cold turkey?

#24 wendydemora

wendydemora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:57 PM

Sirah J,I was oh 60 mg for 2 years. and YES I am going cold turkey.do you have any advise for me .again im having aii of those awful symptoms.im afraid im never feel normal again.i can deal with the fibro pain .that poison only helped for 2 weeks when i first started then it hell. i have missed vacations,just life .i would come down with feelings of the flu.lost my job, but im lucky my husband has been supportive through it all, i have turned into a miserable ,45 year old lady, i use to run 3 miles a day happy woman, loved life ,WHY DID I NOT RESEARCH.i need to get some positive storys thanks for listening

#25 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:21 AM

wendyemora - there are plenty of positive stories here. People can and do come off of Cymbalta. You can find them all throughout the forum.

I see from your original post you are 7 days cold turkey from 60mg/day. You can get through this, but cold turkey is probably the least comfortable way to come off of Cymbalta. This drug does some powerful stuff to your brain chemistry and while there are some people who feel better quickly coming off of this drug, there are some of us whose brain chemistry doesn't bounce back so fast. You might need to get some additional medical help to get you through this and you don't have to continue to take Cymbalta.

Please let your friends and family know that you have stopped taking it so they can look after you. You said your husband is supportive and that is a great source of strength. You need the people who know you on a day to day basis to be there for you and help you and watch over you.

Involve your doctor in this immediately, especially if you are having feelings of harming yourself. I hope you are feeling a little better today, but if you aren't, get to your doctor, find a new doctor if your old one isn't helpful, go to a walk-in clinic.

It is obvious in your message that you have a strong will to reclaim your life. You can and will make it, just do not try to do it alone. Let us all know how you are doing.

#26 tired08

tired08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:16 AM

I'm not where you are trying to get yet but I'm believing with God by my side I'm going to make it. It's a scary road though. One I wish I never traveled but hang in there and scream to your doctor about what is going on. Don't be like I was and just accept what they tell you, like what you are going through is normal. Its not and there is help. You don't have to go cold turkey and it is recommended that you don't. Some doctors just don't understand what cold turkey is. I'm praying for you and everyone else here who is struggling with withdrawal.

#27 wendydemora

wendydemora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:36 PM

Hello again, day 7 off poison . I called my rumatolgist told him about the horrible side effects on and off of this garbage . he said well some people think it is great. I am like what am I a liar. Told him hundreds of people on the internet are having awful symptoms as i am. he told me dont read that stuff. Its time for a new doctor. I am having a awful day, besides tte awful withdrawel symptoms a am dealing with the most awful fibro flare.what has this poison done to me .Im so afraid I will never feel normal again. You are all in my prayers.

#28 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:48 PM

wendy - believe it or not, Cymbalta does help some people, I have seen people on other boards with your condition say it saved their life?? Sorry your doctor was not open to the fact that what you are feeling is REAL. Hang in there.

Wendy, if you find that it is unbearable to handle and aren't seeing improvement, please find a pro that will help you through this. Some people have had really good success taking just one dose of Prozac to get them through this, just one pill!

My old doctor told me what I was feeling was not real, and I went 45 days feeling like I was losing my mind. Once I found a new doctor on day 46 who listened, things got better. I unfortunately had waited too long to try the one dose of Prozac and I was really traumatized. I had to go on another antidepressant to balance my self out, which I have now weaned off of and I am doing really well. Don't let one ill-informed doctor tell you that this is not real.

Not to scare you, you might feel better now, in a couple of hours or tomorrow, but if you are not seeing improvement daily, do not suffer and do not hesitate to get other help. There is no need to suffer through this if you can find a doctor who will listen to you.

Check this link out, if you have a general practitioner, I would go there for help if you can:
http://depression.ab.../withdrawal.htm

You have the strength to get through this and the desire, I know you can do it, don't let your doctor discourage you, we are out here in huge growing numbers. You will make it to the other side.

Print out the above list from the link and take it to another doctor who will listen to you, this is real, they call it "discontinuation syndrome", which is really a fancy way to avoid calling it what it really is, withdrawal.

Some notes from Dr. Ivan Goldberg
Subject: Antidepressant discontinuation reactions

The administration of a single 20 mg capsule of fluoxetine usually does the job. The withdrawal symptoms are relieved within hours and the patient goes through a slow fluoxetine withdrawal that is usually symptomless. If the individual had been on a high dose of paroxetine or venlafaxine, a second 20 mg of of fluoxetine may be needed.

#29 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:30 PM

wendy - also get your husband to look over some of our stories so he can help you.

#30 wendydemora

wendydemora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:57 PM

hello you guys are life savers.thank you for the information. Iguess I am so shocked what a medication can do to your body. what im really concerned about is will my body ever get back to normal. the endless fatuge is awful.has there ever been any testing of the after math of prolonged use of this medication .what about the brain shivers and zapps.what will we deal with in the future because of this. pretty scarry stuff.well one good thing is i have not taken a pill in 7 days.and it can only get better RIGHT. thanks for listening It means alot ,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users