45 replies to this topic

#31 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:13 PM

wendy, I was shocked too. I have been off of Cymbalta about 93 days and off of the Celexa they put me on to get over this for over a week. I wasn't on for fibro, but for situational depression.

You will feel better than you do now, but my memory of being there where you are is still pretty fresh, and I know you probably feel like this will never end. It will.

It is just a very individual thing, some people feel better in a week, some a few weeks, others more than a month. We all have different brain chemistry! I think that once your neurotransmitters in your brain start working naturally again, most of it goes away. And, some of us can kick cymbalta without resorting to taking another drug, but others of us really benefited from taking Prozac, low doses of Lexapro, Celexa to get us through this.

And when I weaned and came off of the Celexa, it was a little uncomfortable, they are brain chemistrty altering medications! But it was not the horror freak show of coming off of Cymbalta.

You are the one who has to live in your body, if you are a little uncomfortable and can deal with this and start to see improvement, great. If you feel like you are on the slippery slope to nowhere, get some medical help from somebody who will listen. I hated getting another medication to get me through this, I had never been on an antidepressant before cymbalta. I was afraid I would end up in a never ending loop of being on medication. And it is not so, I am off of antidepressants, and will never take another one!

There will be a day when you feel in control again. I never thought I would see it just a few weeks ago - and here I am today, a functional human being. And I hope that one day, very soon, you will be telling somebody else on this forum the same thing that I am telling you, that they will be ok, and there are many ways out of this!

Stay strong, but do get help if you feel worse! Please do not suffer.

#32 wendydemora

wendydemora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:43 PM

hello,day 8cymbalta free ,still feel awful,I attempted to go out and buy some new clothes because nothing fits me any more well big mistake needless to say i lasted 10 min.anthe drive home wasnt much better.you know i look at my self in the mirror and i went from a 45 year old healthy womanto a personi dont even know.Ihave been told time will heal.did that saying include quitting cymbalta.well i guess i wont be going out any time soon.hope my sweat pants dont split I will be shit out of luck never mind the crying jagg wish me luck.takecare

#33 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:26 PM

I just had a good look at myself in the mirror, and I know what you are feeling. But, take one demon at a time, and right now, the most important demon to beat is this crap! Then, when your brain feels healed, you can work on the weight. That is my approach anyway. We can do it!!! I just wanted you to know, I feel your pain!

#34 wendydemora

wendydemora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 06:58 AM

Hang in there schmb01 and lorilynndee if i could i would give you great big huggs.but i know that would be to painful.its people like you that help ,and that my friends means the world to me. Thank you, I'll check back later.

#35 wendydemora

wendydemora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 10:48 PM

Can any one out there please tell me why on my 9th day off cymbalta seems to be getting worst. I feel awful much worse than yesterday.it is very discouraging when you feel a little bit better and WHAM i am back to day 1.Has this happend to any one else.Any feed back would be great.

#36 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 11:32 PM

Wendy, in what way are you feeling worse? Head zaps, pain? For me, the first 2 weeks were horrible. I remember having one day, about day 5, that I felt awesome! The sun was out, I felt good, and I thought, "wow, this is it, I'm done!" Then the next day, whammo, I felt like hell again. I can tell you that for me, from that point on, there was not any one day that it got tons better. (My thinking was clear, that was good) But each day I felt a little bit better, just a little, and after 2 weeks, I realized that I felt quite a bit better than I had. I feel mostly good, mentally, but physically, I still feel kind of crappy on certain days. I just know that it was a powerful drug in my body, and that it will take time. Again, I think the Omega 3 helped, and I'm trying to stay hydrated and eat healthier foods, but it will take time. Day 9 is really pretty early in the process, so don't beat yourself up. Be proud that you are at day 9, and keep reminding yourself that you are withdrawing from a powerful drug, and that you will succeed. If you can, try not to focus on when it will be over, but try to focus on even the little improvements that you see each day, even if you have to look for them.

Sending you a hug dear, and please, keep hanging in there.

#37 wendydemora

wendydemora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 12:14 AM

Thank you for the quick response' I appreciate the personal information.Iguess I just want to feel normal again. When i first started to read all about all the symptoms everyone was having i thought maybe just maybe it would be differnt for me. BOY WAS I WRONG.well one thing i am right about is i have met some wonderful and positive people and you guys are truely helping me through this. I no in my heart this shall to pass. Thanks a bunch

#38 mkhackler

mkhackler

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:11 PM

If those of you have not seen this sight with the FDA, please check it out and think about taking time to fill out on line form. I think it may be important to all of us that are suffering.

https://www.accessda... ... online.htm

#39 taylor12

taylor12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:14 PM

Hi Everyone... I am new to the site and I just want to let you know what has helped me. I went off Cymbalta (30mg) cold turkey after taking it for 2 1/2 months for fibromyalgia. I never felt right on it, but thought I should give it a chance. I should have gone with my gut. I was having all the horrible side effects we talk about, but didn't want anyone to think I was losing it. At my follow-up visit with the doctor I told him about these horrible headaches I have been having. I thought I injured my neck. The Cymbalta was raising my blood pressure and causing headaches. So after 4 days cold turkey and being very sick and scared, I found this site. I followed the advice I was reading and started to wean myself off with the support of Celexa. Within and hour of taking 1/2 dose of Cymbalta (15mg) and 10mg of Celexa, I calmed down and felt better. I am about 5 days out now and I am taking 7.5 mg Cymbalta and 10mg Celea a day. Still have slight headaches, but blood pressure is coming down. I'm still a little spacey, but I am trying to go easy on myself. I am very hopeful that I will kick this stuff and I will never again take anything without researching it first.

Taylor

#40 cavemomof3

cavemomof3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:22 PM

Hi everyone,
I requested Cymbalta as a replacement for Celexa from my family dr. about 2 months ago because I heard so many great things about it from my mom's friends, who all work in an ER - most are nurses. STUPID me, I had the doctor call it in without doing my homework. If I had read the posts on this website I would NEVER have done this.

EVIL, EVIL drug! I forgot to take it 2 days in a row during the first month, and I swear I thought I was going to die. Its been such a bad year for the flu, I have 3 little boys and I'm a teacher, so I thought I was having a flu relapse. Couldn't figure out why theraflu didn't work!
Never put 2 and 2 together, because with Lexapro or Celexa, both of which I've taken in the past, you have to forget it for 3 or 4 days in a row before you even get a teeny slice of the HELL you get when you skip a day of Cymbalta.

So, the smart, educated experienced woman I am, I FORGET to refill them this week, today being day 4, and I got so sick I had to leave work to refill it, take 1, go to bed and have my mother take care of my boys! Vertigo nausea, hopelessness, etc, and I have at least another hour till husband gets home. THANK you everyone, I now have a game plan - I'm going to replace it with Celexa, starting ASAP and then wean off that gradually until I can get some sun and take some Vitamin D. I would rather be depressed and miserable than to ever feel like this again! I just want to eat a big plate of pasta and sleep - and YES, my sweat pants are about to split too! D-mn D-mn DOUBLE D-MN this crap! :evil:

#41 Sarah J

Sarah J

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:34 PM

THANK you everyone, I now have a game plan - I'm going to replace it with Celexa, starting ASAP and then wean off that gradually until I can get some sun and take some Vitamin D. I would rather be depressed and miserable than to ever feel like this again! I just want to eat a big plate of pasta and sleep

To get over my Cymbalta withdrawal, my new doc put me on Celexa and it worked really well. I weaned off of it (Celexa) in about 5 weeks. Been off of the Celexa now for about 24 days, it was 2000% easier than coming off of Cymbalta.
If you were on Celexa before and did not have problems, you should be fine. My heart goes out to you!
Good luck to you, let us know how you are doing!
It does get better, and I hope that after you get through this, you find your depression has lifted.
Stay safe and take it easy!

#42 Jinx_kittykat

Jinx_kittykat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:35 AM

I am a paralegal. Unfortunately, the lawfirm i work for does not handle product cases. However, i am looking into pursuing a class action suit with another attorney. Please view my current post "class action suit"

#43 Jinx_kittykat

Jinx_kittykat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:53 PM

Yay! Look guys. I found a class action suit to get on board with. Follow this link;
http://www.lawyersan...e/cymbalta.html

#44 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:23 PM

I am an attorney (criminal law), and I caution everyone about contacting the above linked law firm or any other firm who is advertising on the internet!! The most accomplished attorneys usually do not advertise. I am the first one to admit that some lawyers are just trying to make a quick buck off of people's suffering (and some of them could care less about the larger issues). The above linked attorney/firm may be excellent. Just use caution and common sense if you contact any attorney regarding your claims.

People should always research the attorney/firm before contacting them. The above linked site raises a huge red flag in my opinion because it asks for your personal information without revealing anything about the attorney/firm seeking your business!!

Please visit my other posting under "lawsuit" for updates regarding Cymbalta litigation.

#45 cc_ice04

cc_ice04

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:24 AM

I just started cymbalta as a study. I have been on it two days and feel horrible. I have experienced all the side effects already including right side abd pain. when i move my head it feels like it is dragging something behind it. i think i will not take any more of it since i have only been on it for a couple of days. anybody got any suggestions? I experienced the same symptoms with getting off paxil. I think these meds just are not for me.

#46 DuneAlia

DuneAlia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:09 PM

Delete my account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users