#1 adamc

adamc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:58 PM

Hey guyz, im new to this forum...
So first i would like to say hi to everyone, and that it does give me some
hope to know others are going through the same...

Well i've been on 30mg of cymbalta for 5months. Which my previous Pdoc prescribed..
My main problem is GAD and some sliight panic attacks nothing to extreme...

Cymbalta didn't really do much for me! since it was a low dose (probably) and it gave me some annoying symptoms... restless legs, low libido, and on egde!!
i kept asking my pdoc that i dont wana increase my cymbalta dose coz i know the withdrawal is HELLLLL.

I changed Pdoc 2weeks ago. and he told me to stop cymbalta cold turkey and start Tianeptine straight away...
tianeptine 3*12.5mgs a day.

I'm experiencing really bad panick attacks each night, and crazy anxiety in throughout the evening...

I suppose the Cold turkey effects are not fully gone.
But shouldnt the Tianeptine SSRE be helping?

How long till cold turkey effects dissapear? and has anyone had any good experience with Tianeptine... i just feels its a bit weak...

Would really save my life guyz... coz im reallly in a black hole right now... i feel like just letting go...

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:17 PM

Hi Adam:
If you say that the panic attacks and GAD are nothing to the extreme then you can complement your treatment with other things such as sports, yoga, breathing techniques, sunlight. I suffered from panic attacks for a year, and these things helped me. I used to have panic attacks at night, so eating before going to sleep helped me to prevent them.
I don´t know Tianeptine, I just read that tianeptine is a selective serotonin reuptake enhancer (SSRE), opposite to the action of SSRIs. That means that it works on serotonin. The thing is that cymbalta works on two neurotrasmitters (serotonin and norepinephrine) so it seems that the serotonin function is covered by Tianeptine, but the work that cymbalta was doing with the norepinephrine might not be covered. I am not a doctor however.
Again it is important not to rely only on meds, but to find tools to manage anxiety and find the root of what is causing it.

#3 adamc

adamc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:43 PM

Hey cookie,

thanx for your reply. I thought no1 was going to answer me on this one...

Well the anxiety is getting extreme and worse by the day..
Im a professional Muay Thai fighter.. So Sports is in my everyday routine...

How long do cymbalta cold turkey effects last?
cause i never had these type of problems even before starting cymbalta..
Im just praying theyre the withdrawal effects and not any damage done from coldturkey stopping...

and again thank you so much for hearing me out.. im so lost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users