• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ahmad

Ahmad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:07 AM

My dad was hit by a TIA, and the doctors described Cymbalta 60mg because they diagnosed that he had been depressed before he was hit by that TIA. Apart from the validity of that diagnoses, my dad took a pill every day for about 3 weeks. He was getting a bit better but always sleepy ( walks out of the bed room only once a day for 15 mins, and the rest of the day is in bed)
Because of bad constipation, and the fact that doctors said it is not good that he sleeps much( to re-invoke his brain) I decided to decrease Cymbalta dose gradually by reducing the number of beads.
The second day I started this process, he vomited. After 2 more days, he vomited twice. He is taking too many meds, and is not eating well, and has been constipated for a week now.
My question is, is this normal with Cymbalta withdrawal? And was my decision right to reduce the dose after only 1 month of treatment?

#2 Marcelle24

Marcelle24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:12 AM

sorry ahmad, i don't know exactly as your father is TIA, and what medicine should be good for that. But what i would like to share with you about short term treatment, the first stage in any treatment program, short-term or long-term, is for the patient to break free of their drug dependency through a process of detoxification. Significantly, detoxification or ‘detox’ for short does little to prevent or manage long-term drug addiction and is only intended as the first step towards drug rehabilitation. As such, it is meant to aid patients in the safe withdrawal from acute and sometimes painful physical symptoms that occur when they stop taking drugs cold turkey. Defined as the “the period during which the patient receives detoxification medications”, the immediate goals of detoxification are:
1: To provide a safe environment for withdrawal from drugs to occur and aid the patient in becoming drug free.
2: To provide relief from withdrawal symptoms that is humane and respects the patient's dignity.
3: To prepare the patient to enter a drug rehabilitation program.
For some drug addictions, including opiates like heroin and alcohol, detoxification may be done in a hospital setting under the supervision of medical professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users