• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 liberty

liberty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:48 PM

I am hoping to hear from folks who have discontinued Cymbalta and have muscle and/or joint stiffness and/or pain. I have weened off over the past year and have been completely off for about 3-4 weeks at this point. I experienced all of the withdrawal symptoms that people have described, however, the only one that I did not know about was muscle and joint stiffness, which I have never had before in my life. I have always been very flexible and could go very deep into several yoga poses. Now I can barely do any.

I am not here to bash Cymbalata because it was the only thing that worked for my suicidal depression and it did save my life for many years, however, through alot of personal work and changes, I am now able to live without it. At my peak, I took 90mg for nearly 2 years, and 60 mg for the 3 years prior. I am only hoping to understand what to expect and if anyone else has experienced this kind of a withdrawal symptom, and if so, does it ever go away? And if it does go away, about how long did the pain last?

Thanks for your experienced advice!
lw

#2 sheila123

sheila123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:15 PM

I have been on Cymblata for about 7 months. One of the reasons I went off of the drug is that I was experiencing joint stiffness and pain. I stopped the drug cold turkey about a week ago and slowly feel as if my hands may recover. My feet, however, seem almost worse. It is scary. Like you, I would appreciate hearing from others who've experienced this problem.
Grateful to have found this thread.
s

#3 Ebudae29

Ebudae29

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:25 PM

I had not thought to attribute my new joint problems to this forced withdrawal I am going through. My toes feel like they are permanently cramping and very stiff and I could not figure out why...yay...another symptom to add to the list.

#4 ExCymbaltaUser

ExCymbaltaUser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:51 PM

yes, i am getting arthritis like pain in my ankle, knee and fingers. idk if it's the cymbalta. i fell down the stairs almost two years ago and really injured knee/ankle, and the fingers could be from lyme arthritis. they have bothered me on and off with my lyme illness. but all three have become markedly worse since ceasing the cymbalta. maybe the cymbalta was masking the pain all along. idk. ibuprofen is my new friend.

#5 Imdone

Imdone

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:37 PM

Good question. I am the only person I know who limps and has muscle stiffness so bad that when I get up after sitting a long time (such as at a movie) first there is severe pain in my knees and I am unable to walk for a minute or so. Then I walk and the pain and stiffness gradually loosens up. Since I'm 62 and overweight, I don't know if it is "just" arthritis or the Cymbalta. I am still on 70 mg of Cymbalta. I was on 120 mg for years. For all I know Cymbalta caused what for me is an embarrassing condition (this being unable to walk). I did find out that Crestor caused terrible leg pains in me which I had no idea were caused by Crestor until I went off it and they went away. I realize you are saying the pains started AFTER you got off Cymbalta. I don't know what to tell you but I wouldn't rule out Cymbalta involvement. I am also sure that it will eventually go away, so hang in there.

#6 missratac

missratac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am on Cymbalta and want to know what problems would arise in coming off.

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:59 AM

I'm getting symmetrical pain in my wrists, hands and ankles since coming off Cymbalta. I thought things were improving, but my wrists are worse again today - also getting nausea and headaches.

#7 Imdone

Imdone

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:13 AM

You know, now that I've got from 90 mg Cymbalta to 77mg, I swear I am getting MORE limber and supple. Because I have been very stiff and in pain on the 90 mg Cymbalta. Contrary to what people are saying here, I actually am beginning to feel better joint-wise. I hope it continues when I get off. I would say if you are having joint pain after getting off Cymbalta, hang in there and give it time to work its way out of your body. Maybe it will take 6 mos. post-Cymbalta. If it's no longer in your body, it can't be affecting your joints anymore.

#8 Mardar

Mardar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:28 AM

I'm on it 60mg and have had knee pain for the last few months but been on the drug prob 6 years. Never thought it was this med but now I'm thinking it is. Not only that but my neck and shoulders always feel tight too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users