3 replies to this topic

#1 todayIstheDay

todayIstheDay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 12:13 AM

I tapered from 60 mg to 0 over a couple months

Now it's been 4 weeks since I have had any. Istill fee some symptoms. I saw one with longer. Any idea how long is the average that it takes people to get feeling like themselves again? (No dizzy spells, etc.)

#2 knese1

knese1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:58 PM

Hi everyone,
Reading these posts has really helped me to get through the last week. I am feeling a lot better and the withdrawals are very minimal. I just want to thank all of you for your help. Although I haven't responded to everyone...reading all of your stories has helped me a lot by knowing I'm not alone.

My biggest concern is how it's possible for doctors to write the initial prescription for us.....and never once tell us the hell we will go through when we stop????? They explain the side effects while taking the medicine, but not the withdrawals we will experience when we no longer take it.

Seems like someone should be held accountable for this!!

Kristen

#3 todayIstheDay

todayIstheDay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:24 AM

Greybeard,

I thought I was finally symptom free. Then an unusual trigger. This is slightly R-rated, I hope it's permissable.

Making love with my husband was a trigger. I had a mild dizzy spell after we had sex last night. (but the sex is better now that I don't have Cymbalta numbing me). The strange kind of dizzy spell that I got when missing a Cymbalta, then while withdrawing from it. It's different from any other dizzy that I experience.

Back to G-rating.
I posted this on the what are you feeling board and did not get any responses. As far as regular exercise goes, I haven't had much the past 8 or 9 months. I didn't have the energy. I am planning to get back into it by the middle of July. I wonder if the post-exercise high that I normally felt will turn into a Cymbalta withdrawal reaction as well.

#4 knese1

knese1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:04 PM

Greybeard,
I made the same mistake as you. I thought I was symptom free and starting my 3rd week.......the withdrawal is back! It's back and it's worse. Iam wondering if this has happened to anyone else? It was so bad yesterday that I thought I had the stomach flu.

They should tell us that when they so casually write us this prescription that we will need to admit ourselves to Rehab center to get off of it.

I would welcome suggestions about dealing with the 3rd week and so on.......because it's horrible and i am getting very frustrated and scared. Will this feeling end???

Thanks for your help.
kristen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users