33 replies to this topic

#1 pelycosaurus

pelycosaurus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:10 PM

Hi i decided to join this site to tell you i have been on this drug for 5 yrs i have gone through hell and my drs at kaiser permenete dont do squat but order more test and collect money.I went on this drug for bi polor disorder.
Before taking this drug i was physically healthy and now i am having autoimmune response having trouble moving arms legs and head no sex drive problem with urination no periods. I am in constant pain and it hurts to even lay down. the best relief i can get is putting two chairs together and let my arms and legs and neck dangle because my muscles and nerves ARE FATIGUED.I have tried to get off this drug once during pregnancy and was deathly ill and lost the baby. I was shaking like someone withdrawling from drugs and couldnt eat. I am scared to get off this drug and i know i need to cause im scared im going to just get worse and die and im tired of paying for something that could potentially be killing me in the process. Do not take this drug! Please! Its like sunshine at first but yrs later you will know its not plus i am only 24 yrs old and now feel physically like im 60 something.Also wanted to add that it makes it hard to remember communicate and think. Also wanted to add that i am constantly sleepy and my body aches.

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:35 PM

Hello Pelycosaurus:

I have also been on the drug for a long time (6 years) for Depression. I was also physicallly healthy when I started the drug. Now I have high sugar problems, joint pain, gastrointestinal problems, and my initial symptoms worsen. I do not have sex drive at all. I had fatigue for a long period, but resolved with nutrition and acupuncture. Since I started tapering I began having severe mood swings, now my doctor told me I am Bipolar (so the first diagnosis of Depression was wrong). I feel that mood swings are a withdrawal symptom, or a consequence of the medication. I never had mood swings before. I am also young and feel like 60 something.

Tell me more about the autoinmune response you are having. Concerning your symptoms it is important to now the root/cause of them. I now that you mentioned cymbalta was the cause. But I think one has to go deeper, what exactly did the medication to cause those symptoms.

For example having no periods, can be caused by high prolactin, and antidepressants can increase prolactin. There was a long period in which I didn´t have my monthly periods, and I had a blood test in which prolactin was way over the normal range.

The other thing is pain. Mood and pain are supposedly managed by the same neurotrasmitters. Cymbalta is prescribed for depression but also pain. I wonder if somehow, altering these neurotrasmitters cause a person with mood problems to have pain???????

I also tried to quit medication and ended up with severe fatigue, shaking and couldn´t eat, I would forget words and it was hard to think.

I believe our bodies are smart and have the knowledge to go back into balance. I am not a doctor, just someone who has taken the medication. All I can say is that in my case tapering very slowly has decreased withdrawal symptoms (I have tapered slowly for a year).

However Bipolar and Depression, are very serious "illnesses" (I do not know what to call them), so if you plan to quit the medication you must have an alternative plan. I am still looking for mine

#3 pelycosaurus

pelycosaurus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:38 PM

I just think our brains are wired differently. Before i used to see and hear things that other people couldnt see. Also i think our bodies need more nutrients or something. When i was pregnant i also found out i was RH negative that might have something to do with the autoimmune response. I get sick really easily and have allergies to a lot of things and stomach problems but my doctors have run a ton of test and found nothing. I did however just get a new dr and on the first day she diagnosed me with pcos and acanthosis. If i can survive getting off this i will never touch any of these drugs again and go holistic.

#4 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:16 PM

I just think our brains are wired differently. Before i used to see and hear things that other people couldnt see. Also i think our bodies need more nutrients or something. When i was pregnant i also found out i was RH negative that might have something to do with the autoimmune response. I get sick really easily and have allergies to a lot of things and stomach problems but my doctors have run a ton of test and found nothing. I did however just get a new dr and on the first day she diagnosed me with pcos and acanthosis. If i can survive getting off this i will never touch any of these drugs again and go holistic.

Probably your bipolar is a consequence of everything that you mentioned (food allergies, stomach problems, etc). Yes, some people with "mental illnesses" have nutritional deficiencies. I found that I lacked vitamin B6, magnesium, biotin. I want to do a food intolerance test, I am sure that if I do not eat the foods that I am intolerant to my depression symptoms will decrease.

#5 pelycosaurus

pelycosaurus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:51 PM

Probably your bipolar is a consequence of everything that you mentioned (food allergies, stomach problems, etc). Yes, some people with "mental illnesses" have nutritional deficiencies. I found that I lacked vitamin B6, magnesium, biotin. I want to do a food intolerance test, I am sure that if I do not eat the foods that I am intolerant to my depression symptoms will decrease.

so techniquelly its a misdiagnosis? i dont know what i lack because all my test come back normal from kaiser.

#6 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:54 PM

I am not a doctor, I don´t know your symptoms, lab tests, etc. I am not the right person to tell you about diagnosis. What I am saying is based on your diagnosis, it will be useful to find te cause of it. If it is a consequence of lack of nutrients, food intolerances, metabolism problems, hormonal problems, etc.

#7 Imdone

Imdone

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:15 PM

Pely,

The best way to get off Cymbalta can be found here. Using this method there is very little withdrawal effects.

https://www.cymbalta...f-off-cymbalta/

#8 pelycosaurus

pelycosaurus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:01 PM

Anyone here growing a beard even though your a women? Hello i didnt have these problems before i started all these medications. I got my labs done and i have really high testosterone and low vitamin D. I will be going for an ultrasound to check my organs especially my ovaries since i have been having pain and havent had a period in 2 yrs. im 24 so its polycystic overies. Ive also been having problem with urination.

#9 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:16 PM

Anyone here growing a beard even though your a women? Hello i didnt have these problems before i started all these medications. I got my labs done and i have really high testosterone and low vitamin D. I will be going for an ultrasound to check my organs especially my ovaries since i have been having pain and havent had a period in 2 yrs. im 24 so its polycystic overies. Ive also been having problem with urination.

Hello Pelucosaurus:
I have a few new hairs under my chin. Hace you done the glucose tolerance test? Sometimes insulin resistance causes to grow hair in places women usually don´t have and also have polycystic ovaries. On the other hand sometimes high prolactin causes absense of the period. I had both, insulin resistance and high prolactin.
Concerning urination, it´s frequency increased in my case.

#10 pelycosaurus

pelycosaurus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:58 PM

Hello Pelucosaurus:
I have a few new hairs under my chin. Hace you done the glucose tolerance test? Sometimes insulin resistance causes to grow hair in places women usually don´t have and also have polycystic ovaries. On the other hand sometimes high prolactin causes absense of the period. I had both, insulin resistance and high prolactin.
Concerning urination, it´s frequency increased in my case.

I dont have insulin resistance i had it checked but ive gained a ton of weight like nothing i was very active weighed only 105 ibs before going on meds and it kinda just made me feel lethargic after being on them but i am still trying to eat healthy. I am close to 200 ibs now and my body is very bulky and buff compared to the small petite frame i used to have. Will check on the prolactin though.

#11 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:16 PM

In your case the absense of the period might be related to your hormone imbalance as you mentioned

#12 pelycosaurus

pelycosaurus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:52 AM

Do you have pulling feeling in your uturis? it feels like i have pulled muscles just about everywhere and it hurts in my brain when i cry so i avoid it cause it feels like something pulling or straining.

#13 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

Do you have pulling feeling in your uturis? it feels like i have pulled muscles just about everywhere and it hurts in my brain when i cry so i avoid it cause it feels like something pulling or straining.

No, I don´t have that. What I have since I started tapering is new joint pain

#14 pelycosaurus

pelycosaurus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

No, I don´t have that. What I have since I started tapering is new joint pain

Ive had that for several years now i have to take something every night in order to sleep because of the pain. My joints crack everytime i walk and it sounds loud. I can not taper yet untill i get some important things finished cause i wont be able to function right.

#15 TXVALLEYGIRL

TXVALLEYGIRL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:55 PM

PELY,

YOU MENTION AUTOIMMUNE ISSUES, I SURE HOPE CYMBALTA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MY RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS.

I TRIED TO GET OFF OF 60MG AND EXPERIENCED THE MUSCLE FATIGUE, BUT WHEN I AM ON THE CYMBALTA I HAVE
JOINT PAINS EVEN THOUGH IT SHOULD HELP ME WITH THE PAIN.

I DON'T KNOW AND I GUESS MY BODY DOESN'T KNOW WHAT'S REAL.

#16 enough

enough

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:36 AM

Hello. This is my first time on this site. I began cymbalta 5 years ago when I was disgnosed with severe symptoms of PTSD. I was told my two very good psychatrists that I could get off of Cymbalta provided I got at least two hours of exercise/day (endorphin-boosting). I do get that much exercise/day. I am concerned that the Cymbalta has prolonged my bleeding time-- I bruise easily, and had a spontaneous nosebleed the other day. I am doing well out of counseling/therapy, and want to go off.
When I tried cold turkey, I got leg cramps and headaches; I experienced "brain fog" and short-term memory loss; also my heart pounded.

I am currently weaning myself from 60 mg down to 20 mg/day. I don't know what to expect, but I am grateful to have found this website-- it is an eye-opener. I may try the bead-counting if necessary. I want to be medication-free. The bleeding tendency is a deal-breaker for me-- seems a dangerous side effect. Has anyone else experienced this?

#17 pelycosaurus

pelycosaurus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:40 PM

I am weening off now ive had it up to here with this drug Im on day 3 ive been cutting a hole big enough to extract a couple beads out with an xacto pen so that i dont have to take the whole thing apart. First 2 days i took out 3 beads i did some excersise the second day and it seem to upset my nerves and i had a vicious muscle spasm attack in which i had to stick a piece of cloth in my mouth to not scream and bite my tongue. Today i took out 6 beads and will force myself to walk down the street and back. No more laying here waiting to just die cause its just too slow.

#18 Jmurphy112

Jmurphy112

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:00 AM

Pelycosaurus & group
I am on cymbalta for pain and depression however i feel ready to be done with it bc I found my savior Jesus Christ is Our ANSWER. What caught my attention which ive seen repeated is the muscle and joint pain, fibromialga, diagnoses, and DIGESTIVE issues, auto-immune issues ON TOP OF WHAT? DEPRESSION........ PLEASE HEAR ME OUT BECAUSE I AM SO MUCh BETTER. TRY A GLUTEN FREE DIET... look up celiac disease google it you will be glad you did! GOD BLESS YOU ALL

#19 pelycosaurus

pelycosaurus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:49 PM

Ive gone down about 15 mg and i feel headaches and severe muscle spasms. I got some stuff from the store to help me with anxiety. trying to stay active and eat healthy.

#20 pelycosaurus

pelycosaurus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:50 PM

Im about half way off this medication nothing too significant other than headaches and heart pulpitations

#21 pelycosaurus

pelycosaurus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:34 AM

I am off the drug but i am experiencing shivering and hot and cold at the same time and feel staticy.I went back up about 30 to 40 beads and staying there for awhile.It feels like my soul is disconnected from my body. I am also taking supplements. Ive been weening little by little for several months now but its not making a difference im still having severe withdraw but just not as bad to land me in the hospital with IVs like last time i tried to get off. Ive been on the drug for awhile and im having problems with my heart now but i can no longer afford to keep paying for tests even with insurance. Im tired of being sucked dry and not getting any better. I have been on this drug for 8 years i am also noticing pre mature greying of my hair...im only 24. I have found my childhood psychiatrist and will be giving them a call.

#22 pelycosaurus

pelycosaurus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

I am off the drug but i am experiencing shivering and hot and cold at the same time and feel staticy.I went back up about 30 to 40 beads and staying there for awhile.It feels like my soul is disconnected from my body. I am also taking supplements. Ive been weening little by little for several months now but its not making a difference im still having severe withdraw but just not as bad to land me in the hospital with IVs like last time i tried to get off. Ive been on the drug for awhile and im having problems with my heart now but i can no longer afford to keep paying for tests even with insurance. Im tired of being sucked dry and not getting any better. I have been on this drug for 8 years i am also noticing pre mature greying of my hair...im only 24. I have found my childhood psychiatrist and will be giving them a call. Im also going through some anger for no reason i just snap and throw things at people.

#23 pelycosaurus

pelycosaurus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

Im trying to come to peace with the idea im not going to survive getting off this drug my body is tired.

#24 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:29 PM

Hi Pelycosaurus:
Could you describe in more detail what you said about "it feels like my soul is disconnected from my body". Also mention what kind of heart problems are you having?. About the greying of hair, I also have that and I am also young. In my case it was lack of biotin.

I also tapered slowly for a year and a half. I was very close to zero. But had to go back on the medication because of unbearable symptoms.

#25 pelycosaurus

pelycosaurus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

Hi Pelycosaurus:
Could you describe in more detail what you said about "it feels like my soul is disconnected from my body". Also mention what kind of heart problems are you having?. About the greying of hair, I also have that and I am also young. In my case it was lack of biotin.

I also tapered slowly for a year and a half. I was very close to zero. But had to go back on the medication because of unbearable symptoms.

It feels like out of body experience seeing white light and feels like electricity around my body and im also sensitive to electronics. I have gone back up to 20 mg and i dont feel like im near death anymore.

#26 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

When I was at a very low dosage, I was also very sensitive to electronics.

#27 pelycosaurus

pelycosaurus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

When I was at a very low dosage, I was also very sensitive to electronics.

this getting rediculous its almost like these doctors want us to die... i called my dr and told her what i was experiencing and she said it was highly unlikely. Im getting really angry.

#28 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

Pelycosaurus:
Everytime I reported symptoms to my doctor he said they were not cymbalta related. When cymbalta dosage was increased I started experiencing prickling sensations all over my body. They were very annoying. He said, cymbalta had nothing to do with it. That I had to check the detergent I was using for washing clothes!!!!!. Another time (while tapering) I experienced shortness of breath, he said it was the polen in the air!. This is the reason why this site was helpful, I would find other people experiencing the same symptoms I was having!.

#29 pelycosaurus

pelycosaurus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:39 PM

Pelycosaurus:
Everytime I reported symptoms to my doctor he said they were not cymbalta related. When cymbalta dosage was increased I started experiencing prickling sensations all over my body. They were very annoying. He said, cymbalta had nothing to do with it. That I had to check the detergent I was using for washing clothes!!!!!. Another time (while tapering) I experienced shortness of breath, he said it was the polen in the air!. This is the reason why this site was helpful, I would find other people experiencing the same symptoms I was having!.

im going to demand i get evaluated to check if i have damaged...they told me there is no protocal for it and i told them its unacceptable. I hate to be so mean but my health is at stake. Im physically and mentally and emotionally tired of this.

#30 vettergirl

vettergirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:34 AM

Have the doctor chek your thyroid levels. Google it and get the symtoms. Early greying Before age 30 is another sign that you may have hashimotos thyroid autoimune disease...Bone, joint pain..depreddion..constipation, diarhea..moody.. weight changes. Depression...everything they will put you on cymbalta for while your body goes downhill since its cheaper to give you a prescription...and easier!!! It went on for yrs before mine was checked. Even a small imbalance will have these symtoms. Butt...then good luck with synthroid only replacement!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users