• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mardar

Mardar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:23 AM

I never associated this until now. I have been from 40-60 ng cymb for aprox 6 years now and have progressively gotten worse with memory and finding words- simple words I just can't manage to find.
Sometimes I'm not sure if I took my pill or not right after I put down the pill bottle.
As part of my job I have to do certain things for patients, and I have to ask them a few moments after I think I did them if I did them or not. This is really starting to scare me and I feel like it's getting worse.
Anyone else??
Also my muscle aches and knee pain are much worse too. I feel like I'm aging at a faster rate ; (

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:31 PM

I also took 60mg for 5 years. I never had problems with memory during cymbalta intake. I started having problems finding words since I started tapering slowly. I don´t remember the names of people, things. I even have episodes in which I am not able to speak or comprehend language.

#3 ASA

ASA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:56 AM

---------------

#4 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:45 PM

Absolutely. I don't know whether it's due to Cymbalta or simply to the ongoing stress of having severe chronic pain and fatigue, but I have noticed a definite decline in my congnative skills over the past several years. I routinely switch words without knowing it (saying "stove" instead of "refrigerator" or "yellow" instead of "white"). I do also sometimes have problems coming up with the simplest of words.

Again though--with the pain/fatigue I have no way of knowing if this is related to the Cymbalta.

I also mix words and also have difficulty finding words. I have problems with language

#5 autimom4ever

autimom4ever

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:39 PM

I was just going to ask this same questions... It's not only words, but also lapses in time.

It's very scary.....

I hope this isn't permanent!!!

#6 wolfmoon2682

wolfmoon2682

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:10 AM

ya i still suffer from memory loss. I used to do the same with the pill bottle in hand. Did i just take it or not? Wtf! Omg if i take one now i might OD. But if i skip a dose i will be dizzy as hell! I have trouble speaking. Slurred speech. And a slight numbness all over! I weaned one bead at a time over 4 months! This is pure hell!

#7 wolfmoon2682

wolfmoon2682

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:13 AM

wish to add that i have vison problems too. Crazy anxiety. And fits of trembling all over as if i were exposed to extreme cold. My blood pressure at one point was borderline hypertension! I want a lawyer NOW!

#8 chami

chami

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:28 PM

Almost three months have gone by since I quit Cymbalta, and I am still having memory loss issues and my writing and ability to compose written things has suffered. I am having trouble with things I NEVER used to before, such as switching homonyms around. :-/

#9 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:25 PM

Chami: I have also had problems with language. During tapering it was hard to find words while speaking or writing. Now at lower dosages I´ve had these episodes in which I cannot speak at all or comprehend language. It is really scary. I never had these problems prior to the medication

#10 Samilynn

Samilynn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    I want to learn how to handle the withdrawl, and help others in my position.

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:17 PM

I was only on Cymbalta for 5 months, and during the 4th and 5th months, I had trouble with associating colors names.

#11 autimom4ever

autimom4ever

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:31 PM

I having such a hard time getting words out that I'm really becoming scared.

I hope this ends soon....

#12 TinyTimmyTom

TinyTimmyTom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:40 PM

Yes, I'm also having memory problems.

I have trouble communicating lately. I did have some of these problems prior to taking Cymbalta, but not nearly as severe. These symptoms should go away in time though. Can't wait to be myself once again. Best of luck to everyone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users