#1 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    I c/t'd from 60mg in 2009. Went back on and started tapering. Spent the next 4 years trying to get off. It was very difficult. Finally stopped at 17 beads on Dec.4, 2013.

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:18 PM

I feel like I need off Cymbalta to ever have a life. It seems the longer I'm on it, the worse the side effects get.

I'm sleeping my life away, but it never feels like enough sleep. I've been on it for about 5 yrs. I've tried c/t two

times. The first time I developed hypersensitivity pneumonitis. Not knowing I was going through w/d I went

back on it. Wish I could take that back. The second time I was so so sick with diarrhea, nausea, and high anxiety.

Again, not knowing it was w/d I went back on. I finally figured out what was going on and started a taper. This

time, I have never felt well since being back on Cymbalta. I have been tapering very very slowly because I feel

every single mg I drop. I'm down to 40mg from 60. This has taken me almost 2 yrs.

I saw a dr. today and explained that I would like to try a cross taper onto something else.

That's the only way I can see to get off in the next few months. My blood pressure

has recently spiked up and I"m having palpitations, rashes, and other side effects. The dr. said no, just keep

doing what I"m doing. This was my second try at finding a dr. to help. I'm so frustrated. I need off this stuff

but it just seems impossible.

#2 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:02 PM

Dear Lundeliz:

Nice to hear from you, although your news are not that good.

This is also the second time I´ve tried to get off. I had to increase again because my symptoms were unbearable. I am beginning to think that I will never get off. What worries me is that my symptoms are not relapse of initial illness but a long list of physical symptoms I didn´t have before the medication.

I don´t feel well taking the medication, but when I try to quit it I don´t feel well either.

What is hypersensitivity pneumonitis? What did you feel?

#3 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    I c/t'd from 60mg in 2009. Went back on and started tapering. Spent the next 4 years trying to get off. It was very difficult. Finally stopped at 17 beads on Dec.4, 2013.

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:33 PM

Hi Cookie,

I'm sorry you're having a rough time getting off this med. It gets really, really frustrating. I'm the same, I don't feel

well on it, but the withdrawal is horrendous. Hypersensitivity pneumonitis is inflammation of the lungs. I was very,

very short of breath and had to be on steroids for 6 months. It seems when I try to get off, it causes something else

to develop. I really wish you luck. I know you were very close to being off. I'm not giving up yet. I'm determined

to eventually be rid of this stuff!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users