neveragin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
  • why_joining:
    cymbalta 'bout to kill me!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

JLB, yes, please update here every once in awhile... would really like to know how it goes, with the doc, and weaning off, and just everything with you and this evil Rx. Still sending you strength and wishing you success - Always!
We are stronger than these drugs!
I always try to end my posts with a quote that speaks to me...
I found this one not too long ago that I like..

“It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.” ~ Albert Einstein

The pharma companies have way too much power in our society, our health care system and our government, and their humanity is dwarfed by their technology... Plus, I just love quotes from Albert Einstein!

#32 jgbounds

jgbounds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:52 PM

Dear Neveragin, your story touched me so much. I have been on cymbalta for 4 years. The doctor put me on it for nerve pain and depression. 60mg per day. a few weeks ago I was diagnosed with glaucoma and you are not supposed to take cymbalta if you have glaucoma, so the doctor took me off of cymbalta and put me on wellbutrin. That's when my nightmare began! Nausea, vertigo, brain zaps, laps of memory and the crying and the crying!!! I kind of know what you mean when you said that you walked around like a zombie, no emotion....and now that I stopped taking cymbalta the tears and all that pinned up emtions is pouring out of me. It has been 19 days since I have taken cymbalta. My doctor wants now to up the dose of the Wellbutrin.....here we go again. Today I told my husband that I am stopping the wellbutrin too! He doesn't think that is a good idea......because of my anger emtional outbursts! I can't take it anymore. I pray that this ends for all of us. I want to be well again, I want to stop Iiving like a hermit. Thanks for sharing your fight with this drug........you have helped me so much, I can't even tell you how much. Just knowing that someone else is feeling the same way....makes me feel a little less crazy! Thanks for letting me vent. jgbounds

#33 neveragin

neveragin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
  • why_joining:
    cymbalta 'bout to kill me!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:02 AM

Happy Easter Everyone!!

Well, it has been 6 months and 10 days stopped the cymbalta, WOOT WOOT!!!
I thought it is a good time to update my status with you so that my telling of my journey doesn't just end without some kind of positive note...

The only things that I attribute to the cymbalta that are still with me are the following:

1. vision still sucks - eyes are constantly dry, gritty/itchy and blurry, night vision still diminished greatly;
2. libido still way off the charts - I had hoped this would lessen with time, but it hasn't as of yet - sucks when I haven't got someone steady in my life to help take care of that;
3. occasional episodes of the restless legs feeling and minor body zaps - thank goodness, no brain zaps;
4. still can't sleep more than 4 to 5 hours unless I am really exhausted, or take a pill. This last one gets really old after awhile, I have to say...

Other than that I am free of cymbalta now! Normal - at last for me - emotions, and reactions to things. Thinking is better, motivation back to what it was pre-cymbalta... and even the depression is back to its usual level and frquency.

There is light at th end of the tunnel, and stepping back out into the light is a do-able thing, so take heart my fellow cymbalta refugees!

I heard this from someone a couple of years ago and it is one I think sums all this up

"if you find yourself going through hell, hurry to the other side and get out, before the devil knows you're there."

Keep strong and know that there is life after cymbalta - if I can make it through, so can you!

Neveragin

#34 happyzapynot

happyzapynot

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

Happy Easter Everyone!!

Well, it has been 6 months and 10 days stopped the cymbalta, WOOT WOOT!!!
I thought it is a good time to update my status with you so that my telling of my journey doesn't just end without some kind of positive note...

The only things that I attribute to the cymbalta that are still with me are the following:

1. vision still sucks - eyes are constantly dry, gritty/itchy and blurry, night vision still diminished greatly;
2. libido still way off the charts - I had hoped this would lessen with time, but it hasn't as of yet - sucks when I haven't got someone steady in my life to help take care of that;
3. occasional episodes of the restless legs feeling and minor body zaps - thank goodness, no brain zaps;
4. still can't sleep more than 4 to 5 hours unless I am really exhausted, or take a pill. This last one gets really old after awhile, I have to say...

Other than that I am free of cymbalta now! Normal - at last for me - emotions, and reactions to things. Thinking is better, motivation back to what it was pre-cymbalta... and even the depression is back to its usual level and frquency.

There is light at th end of the tunnel, and stepping back out into the light is a do-able thing, so take heart my fellow cymbalta refugees!

I heard this from someone a couple of years ago and it is one I think sums all this up

"if you find yourself going through hell, hurry to the other side and get out, before the devil knows you're there."

Keep strong and know that there is life after cymbalta - if I can make it through, so can you!

Neveragin

Thanks for the encouragement! I've been off the stuff since 3/17 and I'm still struggling with intermittent fever, fatigue, irritability. Light at the end of THIS tunnel is quite welcome!
I hope you don't give up on getting help for depression. I've had it all my life. SSRI's didn't help for long. Looking back, I think they clouded my brain and nudged me toward some very bad decisions. Cybalta almost killed me but even though withdrawal is misery I have had no thoughts of 'Wish life was over' like i had almost the entire time i was on $ymbalta. I'm going to try nutritional supplements and try to find a good psychotherapist.
Wishing you the best!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users