3 replies to this topic

#1 eeurogirly

eeurogirly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:11 PM

Hello Everyone!

It's been five weeks now since I stopped cold turkey from 60 mg, due to a pregnancy. It's been really difficult-just around week four I started to feel really hopeful that things were gonna get better, but now at week five it is still hard. I have this pulling feeling in my head that doesn't go away, and trouble sleeping. I am always tired and feel pretty down. I really wonder how much longer I should wait for withdrawal symptoms to go away, before I assume I am just depressed and need to go back on the meds. I am exhausted, sick, and tired of feeling this way-I just want to feel human again. Does anyone have a similar experience?

#2 TinyTimmyTom

TinyTimmyTom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:34 PM

Hello Everyone!

It's been five weeks now since I stopped cold turkey from 60 mg, due to a pregnancy. It's been really difficult-just around week four I started to feel really hopeful that things were gonna get better, but now at week five it is still hard. I have this pulling feeling in my head that doesn't go away, and trouble sleeping. I am always tired and feel pretty down. I really wonder how much longer I should wait for withdrawal symptoms to go away, before I assume I am just depressed and need to go back on the meds. I am exhausted, sick, and tired of feeling this way-I just want to feel human again. Does anyone have a similar experience?

Hello eeurogirly,

First off, congratulations on the pregnancy! Please try and stay strong, you must for the baby. I'm sorry you're feeling so crummy, but things will turn around in time. I do have a few questions for you which may help us determine how long the withdrawal symptoms should last. How long were you on 60mg of Cymbalta before going cold turkey? How old are you? Why were you prescribed Cymbalta in the first place? Did your doctor suggest that you get off of Cymbalta so abruptly?

I hope some of the friendly users on this site can help offer you loads of support through your tough times. I know I'm cold turkey off of Cymbalta exactly a week ago, and I'm having a very, very rough time. I'm feel very lethargic, tired, and irritable. I feel like I don't have a mind at the moment. So for your fatigue and out of it feeling, I'd say that is most likely normal for people weaning off Cymbalta. Although, it could be that the depression is finding its way back into your system. I'm far from an expert on antidepressants, but I'm sure there are a handful that are safe during pregnancy. Plus, you may find an even better pill throughout the hell of an experience that makes life what it is again!

Best of luck! I'll pray for you.

#3 eeurogirly

eeurogirly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:40 PM

Thank you for your kind reply, epspecially since you are beginning a difficult journey yourself. I was actually on 120 mg of Cymbalta, then came down in 30 mg increments to 60. Then the doctor told me she put in a prescription for 30, but she forgot. I was so sick and tired at this point,I decided to just let it be. I am 33 and have been taking this high dose of Cymbalta about a year. Before that it was Paxil.You know, I initially had Generalized Anxiety disorder, and every time I tried to come of the meds I would have horrible side effects-a horrible depression. I might have Dysthemia, a low level of depression, but am not sure about the Major Depressive Disorder thing.I don't want to start taking antidressants again if these are withdrawal symptoms-something is not functioning right in my brain-I lack any sort of motivation to do anything,but especially at work.

#4 TinyTimmyTom

TinyTimmyTom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:06 PM

Thank you for your kind reply, epspecially since you are beginning a difficult journey yourself. I was actually on 120 mg of Cymbalta, then came down in 30 mg increments to 60. Then the doctor told me she put in a prescription for 30, but she forgot. I was so sick and tired at this point,I decided to just let it be. I am 33 and have been taking this high dose of Cymbalta about a year. Before that it was Paxil.You know, I initially had Generalized Anxiety disorder, and every time I tried to come of the meds I would have horrible side effects-a horrible depression. I might have Dysthemia, a low level of depression, but am not sure about the Major Depressive Disorder thing.I don't want to start taking antidressants again if these are withdrawal symptoms-something is not functioning right in my brain-I lack any sort of motivation to do anything,but especially at work.

Gah, I know the feeling of not being able to concentrate at work. It is truly the worst.

Honestly though, I would consult your doctor about a safe antidepressant during your pregnancy. It seems like 5 weeks, even if going cold turkey, is a quite a long time to be feeling such severe effects. I don't like the word depression because it gives the meaning of unhappiness and sad. When in reality most of us nut jobs just need a pill to help motivate us. I'm 8 days off of 60mgs, and I'm starting to feel some relief of withdrawal effects. For example, I am not as nauseous as I was the first few days off.

Anyways good luck! I would suggest talking to your doctor about Celexa or another safe med.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users