• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 duffy

duffy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:53 PM

So, as I continue to read and read and read all the terrible stories about this drug and feel,for myself all the terrible effects. I have to wonder why this drug and sooooo many others like it are still on the market. What does it take to get these drugs discontinued????? and why do Dr's continued to prescibe them??? I just don't get it.. I have just started to try to get off this crap and feel awful and am not looking forword to what I have in store for me...Does anyone know of any vitamins and minerals that would help with this?

#2 Blackapple

Blackapple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:54 PM

i have been taking fish oil and a multivitamin and it has worked wonders for my recovery from

#3 Pixi

Pixi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta Survivor.
    Trying to cope with the aftermath.

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

Duffy - the Omega 3's seem to help a little bit, but there's nothing that I know of which will really make a huge difference. Important to eat good fresh stuff & rest whenever as withdrawal does take it's toll on everything - even those around you if ur lucky & have support as w/d can cause mood swings & general weirdness, the desire to be left alone etc Ppl don't really understand unless they have been there, so allowances are not usually made & tensions can build.

Here's my rant, then I am out of here for a while! :)

I agree with you that all these SNRI's, SSRI's and modern psych meds (now marketed for pain control, neuropathy, arthirits, Fibro & whatever else they'll dream up to flog a few more million bucks worth) must be withdawn. What that takes is more reports of suicides, side effect injuries & brain damage to be attributed directly to it & disclosed to the powers that be. Instead, it's all swept under the carpet like many other drugs of our times. Remember Thalidomide & Zyban? They never stop before it's too late. 100 years ago people dealt with their lives & times were really hard. Depression is like the new "normal". It's like ppl are being born depressed with a whole host of disorders and something is causing that for sure. Gotta be our toxic environment, packaging all over our GM food, over medicated millions breeding, and if ur not a supermodel celeb with a new album, then ur a loser. Society is so screwed up, but our gt gt grandparents generations were not like it despite the horror of the wars etc. Heck, they even stayed married & men stuck around to raise their kids & supported their families thru thick & thin. They had mettle/fortitude even though some were depressed. It's what us humans have done to ourselves in our race for betterment & progress. We are little more than drugged up wooses. I despair over it all and a big finger points at Eli Lily & likewise.

If u haven't got CFS/ME/FM/DID/ADD neuropathy, backache etc and are not "Bipolar" or borderline something - you're almost the oddity. I wonder where this forum will be in a few more years? On some other happy wonder pill? All in care homes ruing the day we took it? We are being controlled by giant pharma and taking their chemicals like lollies. I no longer can trust anyone who has taken the Hippocratic Oath after med school to "do no harm". After Lexapro & Cymbalta it's amazing I am even still here. There needs to be a massive global review stat about all these meds & the damage they are doing. They even have young kids on them so how is a brain to develop in any natural way? Who's gunna be left to run the world while everyone is laid up with side effects & w/d horrors? It's like the drugs are the ultimate control tactic or weapon really. Very clever. Since the 1950's or so, we have been taking everything they dish out in the name of healing. That's almost 3 generations of humans being messed with. No wonder the world is such a mess - microcosm, macrocosm.

I know I am ranting here, but I am so angry with Eli Lily for creating something like Cymbalta and not even trialing it properly. 9 weeks is all it got! Ppl have been on C (and all the others) for years and are stuck there not able to cope with missing a dose or even being a bit late with a dose. This company should never supply drugs without working out & offering a free weaning programme for those who cannot tolerate it. It's the ultimate in human abuse and they are getting away with it. I suspect we are the labrats & they read this forum with interest. It's free feedback & still they do nothing but upgrade their advertising. The medical profession rarely has a clue about seratonin syndrome & SNRI withdrawals. They must be forced to qualify for a special licence in order to prescribe this drug and each patient should go through a review board before it is prescribed & free counselling. Instead, you've got some f*ckwit uneducated Doctor or Shrink writing it up for all & sundry (for the golfing weekend perks most of the time) and if it's not working tells us, "Oh, just stop then, it'll take a week". OMG. Charges should be brought! I say to ppl who ask why I am like I am (it's damaged my brain/memory as well as triggered bad neuropathy & more CNS damage. I am a shadow of who I was before it) - "It's not the getting on it or even the side effects that are the main problem - it's the getting off it & years of recovery ahead existing with the damage & knowing about it." No one gives a toss.

If you are offered it - do not start on it! There are other ways of dealing with ur whatever. This is one hard bullet to dodge so don't risk taking the slug please! Read this forum & weep.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users