#1 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:39 PM

UPDATE: July 25, 2008
I am in the process of finding a reputable, experienced attorney willing to take on a Cymbalta lawsuit as a possible class action.
I am an attorney (criminal law), and I caution everyone about contacting any attorney/law firm who is advertising on the internet!! The most accomplished attorneys usually do not advertise. Unfortunately, some "personal injury" lawyers are only out to make a quick buck, and they are not motivated nor experienced enough to handle a claim against Eli LIlly.

Several people have provided links on this board to attorney/firm websites advertising "Cymbalta lawsuits". Please, use caution and common sense if you contact any attorney regarding your claims. People should always research an attorney/firm before contacting them. Some of the links posted on this board regarding lawsuits raise a huge red flag because they ask for your personal information without revealing anything about the attorney/firm seeking your business!!

#2 winterose

winterose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:21 PM

Thank you, my thoughts exactly. I was hoping someone "out there" would know how to pursue such action. I haven't a clue as to how to, but believe it is entirely appropriate to do so, and would completely support any efforts in t at direction.

#3 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:45 PM

I am still exploring the possibility of a lawsuit regarding Cymbalta! I have researched and selected an attorney to talk to about a possible suit (this attorney is NOT one of the law firms advertising on the internet...this attorney has experience in high profile cases, including class action, and is one of the top attorneys in the country). I'll keep everyone posted!

#4 kderubeis

kderubeis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:31 AM

Whatever help or info you need, please post or send message. I tried to send an email to you but I don't think it worked. Does anybody know anything about the email button? Has anyone received or sent emails using it? Does it automatically use our email with registered with?

#5 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:41 AM

If you use the private message button, the system will notify the person that you have sent them a private message, which is sitting here on the board. Using the Email button does go directly to the recipient's Email address.

#6 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:17 PM

I did get an email via my personal email...however, I just read it today and responded.

I will definitely keep everyone on here posted regarding a lawsuit.

#7 emoboy44

emoboy44

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:46 PM

WOW! Just read this post. Very interested. If you need anything, I'm sure you'll get the help you need.

#8 Cymbalta Survivor

Cymbalta Survivor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:38 PM

I am also interested in participating in a class action lawsuit. I have contacted a handful of law firms concerning a lawsuit, but none of them have responded positively to me. I talked to one attorney and what he told me is that a class action lawsuit is a big endeavor to take on. They take years of background work, legal research, and information gathering before the case even sees the inside of a courtroom. He told me that there are very few firms with enough resources to take on such an endeavor. What's more, the few firms that do have the resources don't want to waste them on something other than a slam dunk win (or settlement). The attorney did tell me that if the effects of Cymbalta are as bad as I described to him and enough people experience them, then there would be a lawsuit at some point. It is just going to take the partners at a large firm to decide that taking on the case is worth the risk of all the resources they are going to have to invest.

So anything we can do to make noise is going to help the cause. Keep calling the lawyers, keep on posting on this and other sites. Keep talking about Cymbalta and what it has done to you. Eventually, when the clamor is loud enough, a lawsuit is going to happen. It is unfortunate that it isn't going to happen until some big-shot lawyer decides it is going to be profitable, but that is just how the world works I guess.

If anything that I have posted here is in anyway inaccurate, please let me know. I am just summarizing what I was told by this lawyer over the phone.

#9 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:33 PM

CS: What you say is fairly accurate...a class-action lawsuit against Eli Lilly would be a HUGE undertaking. This type of case can take years of litigation before reaching a settlement. However, these high profile cases seem to be moving through the courts more quickly in the past couple of years...large corporations have learned that it is not in their best interest to drag it out in the media.

A case like this will require an attorney/firm with experience in large product liability cases. I knew that, and I did my research. There are only two attorneys in my city that have the experience and resources to handle this case. Both of these attorneys have handled high profile (huge $) cases against national corporations in the past...and WON! I have contacted one of them and that office is reviewing the issues to decide if they want to take it or not...I should hear something within the next couple of weeks.

As an attorney, I am convinced that all of us have a legitimate claim against Eli Lilly...I just have to find a "big time" attorney willing to take on this case! I will not give up on this easily because I have suffered terribly, and no one else should have to suffer needlessly! I will keep everyone posted!

#10 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:18 PM

Unfortunately, the first attorney I contacted declined to take the case. They are in the middle of Vioxx litigation, and didn't want to tie up more resources on another drug case. That didn't discourage me...I contacted a second qualified/experienced attorney. As I said earlier, I am not giving up easily on this lawsuit!!

#11 big_orange_kitty

big_orange_kitty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:39 AM

My daughter and I would love to know anything you can come with. She is a victim of Cymbalta and recovering. THANK YOU for being here.

#12 Cymbalta Survivor

Cymbalta Survivor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:56 PM

Unfortunately, the first attorney I contacted declined to take the case. They are in the middle of Vioxx litigation, and didn't want to tie up more resources on another drug case. That didn't discourage me...I contacted a second qualified/experienced attorney. As I said earlier, I am not giving up easily on this lawsuit!!

I believe it to be just a matter of time. Keep it up! And keep letting us know what we can be doing. Thanks.

#13 big_orange_kitty

big_orange_kitty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:23 PM

Does anyone know an inexpensive way to get your medical records from a mental health facility? We have contacted one of the ones my daughter was a patient at and they want $25.00 plus 25 cents a page for her records. We really can't afford that at this time and need help. Any ideas? :?:

#14 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:44 PM

I don't know, I had to pay to get my records from a health center too. Seems like you have a right to your own records without cost. Instead of asking for copies, tell them you want the original files. Can they keep them from you? What about asking for them to be transerred to another doctor's office? Is there a charge for that as well? Just some other ideas.

#15 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:38 PM

Unfortunately, I don't have any info about getting your records. As Greybeard mentioned, the "Freedom of Information Act" doesn't mean the info is cost-free, it just gives the public access to government records. (FOIA does not apply to private entities.)

#16 emoboy44

emoboy44

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:34 PM

Find a sympathetic doctor. Have them ask for them and forward your copies to you. I sued my insurance company a few years back (and won) and had to pay over $400.00 to Aurora Healthcare for the records. All of the money I won went to them too. Criminals. I only know this because the lawyer that did the paperwork for me was a close personal friend and did it pro bono. The only thing he charged me for was the cost incurred on getting the papers.

#17 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:54 PM

GB, I recently gave the FOIA a quick read (very quick), and I don't think it pertains to personal medical records (unless the treatment occurred in a gov. run facility). However, I believe the HIPPA law is the one that allows a person access to his/her own medical records. However, I am no expert in these laws because I am a criminal prosecutor and have never had a need to learn the ins and outs of either of these laws. I just know that a person does have an absolute right to their medical records...not sure if a doctor/facility has the right to keep the originals, but copies do not have to be provided free of charge.

If you need your records and can't pay for them, you can ask for the originals and see what they say!

#18 iliao93

iliao93

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationCamby IN
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:53 AM

Anyone interested in lawsuit chack this site I just found
http://www.yourlawye...erview/cymbalta
Also I receive a newsletter on FM & CFS, I wrote in about Cymbalta & this board it can be read here:
http://www.fms-help.com/071808.htm
5. CYMBALTA WITHDRAWAL & SIDE EFFECTS

From a reader--

"Suffering from Cymbalta Withdrawals? Discuss the symptoms and side effects that other members here are experiencing and how they got through this. viewforum.php?f=4 I was led to it from here: http://www.whatwinne... ... l-symptoms.

Wow. This makes me even more thankful for the many "natural" things I use to help me function. It is not entirely possible to avoid prescription drugs, as you can tell from my personal list at http://www.cymbalta.com/fibromyalgia.jsp explaining how Cymbalta is supposed to help fibro.

I hope this is helpful to everyone!
Bobbie

Also in the newsletter:
11. CHEAP FOOD

From a reader--

http://www.angelfoodministries.com
"This site provides discount food with no qualifications. We tried it last month and found the food - while not exceptional - was acceptable. It came frozen and wrapped. It also contained canned good and dry packaged foods. It is only available in certain states so check the web site to see if your state is participating in the program. New states are being added all the time as well as new distribution sites. There are no financial or income qualifications. The only thing is you have to order by the dates on the sites and pick up the food about 2-3 weeks later. The usual distribution site is a church. "

#19 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:31 PM

UPDATE: July 28, 2008

If you might be interested in pursuing a lawsuit against Eli Lilly over Cymbalta, please send me a personal message! Thanks!!

I am an attorney (criminal law), and I caution everyone about contacting any attorney/law firm who is advertising on the internet!! The most accomplished attorneys usually do not advertise. Unfortunately, some "personal injury" lawyers are only out to make a quick buck, and they are not motivated nor experienced enough to handle a claim against Eli LIlly.

Several people have provided links on this board to attorney/firm websites advertising "Cymbalta lawsuits". Please, use caution and common sense if you contact any attorney regarding your claims. People should always research an attorney/firm before contacting them. Some of the links posted on this board regarding lawsuits raise a huge red flag because they ask for your personal information without revealing anything about the attorney/firm seeking your business!!

#20 iliao93

iliao93

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationCamby IN
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:55 AM

I haven't had time to check them out but here is what is on there main page. This will probably mean more to an attourny:
Recognized as Leading America's Best AttorneysParker Waichman Alonso LLP has been given an AV-Rating (the highest rating possible) from the respected legal guide Martindale-Hubble.
Jerrold Parker, founding partner of Parker Waichman Alonso LLP, holds a Five Dragon Rating from Law Dragon. A Five Dragon Rating is the highest rating an attorney can hold at Law Dragon.

Attorneys Jerrold S. Parker and Herbert L. Waichman are in the vanguard of the legal world, building an entire career in successfully protecting the rights of victims in some of the most significant cases of our time. From their numerous Asbestos related cases to their landmark AIDS case in 1984, the case that proved for the first time in a United States court that AIDS is transmitted by a blood transfusion, to their role in supervising the litigation in the World Trade Center Explosion, Parker Waichman Alonso LLP have proved, time and again, that they are qualified to take on the most challenging legal causes.

Read biographies of the attorneys at Parker Waichman Alonso LLP ยป

#21 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:13 PM

The second attorney I contacted declined the case today. I am going to "regroup" my efforts and contact someone else in the near future.

Unfortunately, I do not know anything about the above listed firm...they may be great...just be cautious.

#22 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:03 PM

If you might be interested in pursuing litigation against Eli Lilly regarding Cymbalta, please send me a personal message. Thanks!

#23 ronaldlupe

ronaldlupe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want to learn more about Cymbalta Withdrawals

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:19 AM

Union's drug-regulating body has recommended against allowing the pharmaceutical giant to market Cymbalta..

#24 ddraper81

ddraper81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    My Mother died from the side effects of Cymbalta

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:00 PM

My mother committed suicide due to the effects of Cymbalta, I want to do something about this and be able to warn and help other people out there about this. I don't know what to do or how to go about doing it. I know that my mother would have never done this to herself or her family who she cherished. I have read up on Cymbalta and I have found that the side effects from this medicine is what took my mother to the edge. Can someone please direct me in what I can do?

#25 barney59

barney59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been on Cymbalta for several years and my doctor started weening me off 3 wks ago. I am now having symptoms that I don't understand

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:43 PM

ddraper81,

I am so, so sorry for loss. I think all of us that use this board would like to see Lilly held accountable. In another thread, I gave a link to an FDA report. Please read it and take it to your doctors (and maybe even your mothers?) It validates how serious this drug is and that Lilly is skirting accountability. If you have an attorney, give them a copy. I personally have also filed a report with the FDA regarding my experience of withdrawals from Cymbalta. The link only takes you to report. Go to www.fda.gov to file your own report. Again, I am so very sorry.

B

#26 AMARSHALL

AMARSHALL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am a newcomer that is lost with no help from any of my 4 doctors, yes 4. I was hopeless and found this forum. Have been emailing one of the members because I found myself unable to concentrate long enough to sign up for this but I really need support from others that have been in my situation. Just beginning to "wean" off this horrific drug for the second time.

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:47 PM

Hello,
I am new at this and have only posted a few times in the "support" topic. I am ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS with my experiences with this drug. At this point I do not care about monetary reimbursement but simply getting this crap off the market. Please, Please inform me on anything I can do to help with getting this crap off the market and taking the makers of this drug to court.

Angela

#27 Pelly

Pelly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am a cymbalta victim....but want to be a survivor... what suffering to get off it. Still trying.

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:23 AM

OHHH God, finally someone besides myself knows how awfullllllll this drug is and the suffering. please please keep me informed.. any way possible. I'm still trying to get off it. God help me.

#28 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:10 PM

Pelly,
Welcome. I never would have found you. Try posting in What are you feeling, and Weaning off cymbalta.
This is the worst drug out there to be on, and to get off. This company will end up witha class action law
suit at some date.

Tell us what your going through right now.
How long have you been on Cymbalta?
What dose are you on?

We are here to help, and support you!

Debbie

#29 Superheidi

Superheidi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    because I have been on Cymbalta for about 2 years now, and accidentally missed two days worth of doses and almost had to go to the hospital. I had no idea that what i was experiencing was actually 'withdrawal'. I had to get a special pharmacist permission form to get a week's worth of pills while I wait until the date my insurance will provide a refill. I'm terrified to miss a dose now. I'm also angry that I was put on this pill and was never told it was 'addictive'. Which it clearly is.

I googled 'cymbalta withdrawal' and found these forums, thought I'd share my experiences and learn about other people's.

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:24 PM

I would be interested in helping in any way I can with a lawsuit. I haven't experienced suicide or liver toxicity, however.

#30 keyguard123

keyguard123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    Informations

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:29 AM

Hi to all.
I am new one for this site. I do not find any forum for new one. So I am writing here, It will be great help of having chat and discussions with you guys. Hope the chats and the discussions will be interesting and full of knowledge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users